Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:29:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: buying btc with Credit Card?  (Read 1278 times)
Gismo28 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:23:07 PM

hi guys are there sites where i can buy coins with my credit card to low fees?
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:10:22 AM

circle?

but don't know if the fees are low enough for you
smiletyson

Activity: 661
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:17:27 AM

Probably you won't be able to find one (at least with low fee), because CC payments are reversible.
You may offer to supply VCC services to people.

VCC = Virtual Credit Card; You gave people VCC number etc, they pay stuff with it then you got in bitcoins.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:23:31 AM

You might look down just a little.  Someone asked this a day ago - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074240.0

Fee's will be expensive.  I highly suggest using a checking account to buy from an exchange.  You can even open up a new checking account just for BTC and keep small amount of money in it so no worrying.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:25:06 AM

Probably you won't be able to find one (at least with low fee), because CC payments are reversible.
You may offer to supply VCC services to people.

VCC = Virtual Credit Card; You gave people VCC number etc, they pay stuff with it then you got in bitcoins.

I personally would not accept a VCC. I suggest anyone who is doing it to look at how easy they are to cancel.  

I know on my VCC they could be active one minute and you can lower dollar amount or change date, even cancel the VCC.  So it's a high risk payment to accept.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:11:14 AM

You can use VirWox, and quickly get BTC with credit cards. You need to buy SSL (second life linden dollars) and convert to BTC, then withdraw those BTCs to your wallet. Fees are super high tho, not sure if worth it.
jeannemadrigal2

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:21:05 AM

You might look down just a little.  Someone asked this a day ago - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074240.0

Fee's will be expensive.  I highly suggest using a checking account to buy from an exchange.  You can even open up a new checking account just for BTC and keep small amount of money in it so no worrying.

I found the cheapest for transfer from a banking account to be coinbase.  There might be cheaper but I wasn't able to find anyone reputable.  I wanted to use a credit card as well but the fees were astronomical so I chose the slower method of transfer.  It did take a week to get my funds but at least I kept more of them then I would have otherwise.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:31:58 AM

I found the cheapest for transfer from a banking account to be coinbase.  There might be cheaper but I wasn't able to find anyone reputable.  I wanted to use a credit card as well but the fees were astronomical so I chose the slower method of transfer.  It did take a week to get my funds but at least I kept more of them then I would have otherwise.

Coinbase also depends on what level you are on.   If you are on the top level you can get BTC instant and they trust money is coming.  But again takes some jumping through hoops to get to top level.

Wether coinbase or another exchange I highly suggest OP uses a checking account to buy BTC.  It will save a good amount of fees, and is worth the time.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:44:00 AM

Several months ago, I used a service called Indacoin which allows you to buy bitcoins using a credit/debit card. Price-wise, they were similar to LocalBitcoins so I've stuck to buying from trusted sellers on LocalBitcoins since then:

http://indacoin.com/change

The process was fairly easy. You register an account and input your card details. Then they send you a verification code directly to your bank account, which, once entered on their site, results in the bitcoins being deposited into your account. The whole process took me a couple of hours.

The reason why such services have higher fees is because credit/debit cards support chargebacks while Bitcoin doesn't. Because of this, someone could offer to buy bitcoins using a credit/debit card and then once they got the coins, they could initiate a chargeback which would leave the seller out of pocket. In order to still make a profit, the seller adjusts their fees to take this risk into account. Hence the reason why services that do offer it as an option tend to implement strict maximum purchase limits and require proof of ID.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:21:40 AM

Several months ago, I used a service called Indacoin which allows you to buy bitcoins using a credit/debit card. Price-wise, they were similar to LocalBitcoins so I've stuck to buying from trusted sellers on LocalBitcoins since then:

http://indacoin.com/change

The process was fairly easy. You register an account and input your card details. Then they send you a verification code directly to your bank account, which, once entered on their site, results in the bitcoins being deposited into your account. The whole process took me a couple of hours.

The reason why such services have higher fees is because credit/debit cards support chargebacks while Bitcoin doesn't. Because of this, someone could offer to buy bitcoins using a credit/debit card and then once they got the coins, they could initiate a chargeback which would leave the seller out of pocket. In order to still make a profit, the seller adjusts their fees to take this risk into account. Hence the reason why services that do offer it as an option tend to implement strict maximum purchase limits and require proof of ID.

And ID's can be faked by "bad people" so the limits are important and past.  The more you deal with a company chances are higher they let you use.

I highly suggest if anyone does use credit cards on one of these sites look into virtual credit cards, some companies credit cards do it for free.  With a virtual credit card you have a legit credit card that is not your main card.  And also can limit time or money value.  So if somehow it is taken on info you have much smaller issue on your hands.

I still highly suggest using other ways then credit cards.  I hate to waste a decent percent that you could have used to buy a little more coins with.
madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:25:09 PM

have you tried cex.io? i have bought several times whit my credit card, once verificated you can deposit from cc in few minutes, in like ten minutes you can have your btc in the wallet, fees are a little expensive than exchange like bitstamp etc..
Athertle

Activity: 252

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2015, 04:28:40 PM

have you tried cex.io? i have bought several times whit my credit card, once verificated you can deposit from cc in few minutes, in like ten minutes you can have your btc in the wallet, fees are a little expensive than exchange like bitstamp etc..

Their cloud mining system doesn't have a good reputation anymore; not saying that this has an effect on the quality of buying BTC, but I'm just giving a heads-up. Does anyone have any reviews on them?

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6164

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:38:54 PM

There is two options as far as I know , like the person above said .. for Circle here is what you should know : https://support.circle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202561864-Warning-on-Credit-Card-Fees also there is Bit-x i guess but not sure about their fees , you may wanna ask them in their official thread

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
michinzx

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 04:58:16 PM

i don't know about low fees because the transaction can be reversed by calling the card company, but circle and coinbase both allow the purchase of bitcoin through a credit card.
Relex

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:28:56 PM

circle?

but don't know if the fees are low enough for you

Using this myself fees are super low too.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 05:31:48 PM

i don't know about low fees because the transaction can be reversed by calling the card company, but circle and coinbase both allow the purchase of bitcoin through a credit card.

Don't Circle and Coinbase only work for people in the USA?
Pips

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

If life gives you lemons, make orange juice.

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:47:49 PM

Their cloud mining system doesn't have a good reputation anymore; not saying that this has an effect on the quality of buying BTC, but I'm just giving a heads-up. Does anyone have any reviews on them?

I have. I bought bits with them and the whole transaction was clean.

If life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave them wondering how you did it.
DailyModo

Activity: 812

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 06:57:20 PM

You can use VirWox, and quickly get BTC with credit cards. You need to buy SSL (second life linden dollars) and convert to BTC, then withdraw those BTCs to your wallet. Fees are super high tho, not sure if worth it.
VirWox fees are too high for exchange, you need to exchange your money to multiple currencies to convert it to bitcoin
Circle and localbitcoin is better and safe method then virwox

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
jmurjeff

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:28:26 AM

There is two options as far as I know , like the person above said .. for Circle here is what you should know : https://support.circle.com/hc/en-us/articles/202561864-Warning-on-Credit-Card-Fees also there is Bit-x i guess but not sure about their fees , you may wanna ask them in their official thread

Yeah I use circle and they limit you to $100 a week. Circle lets you use a visa or mastercard that is debit. Coinbase lets you link up a credit card but it has to be a visa card. It also cannot be a debit card.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:57:19 AM

Don't Circle and Coinbase only work for people in the USA?

coinbase yes, but circle has many different country listened, the strange thing is that they say you can't atatch a credit card/bank account to your circle account yet, but then you can still click on continue and do it anyway..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: