Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:19:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: Should you stay or should you go?  (Read 34154 times)
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:45:25 PM

For sure I should stay. And not only for the bitcoin as a currency (because the importance of this coin compare to the national currencies will be always in doubt) but for the bitcoin as a technology. This technology will disrupt to many others, will rule to many others and will be a strong support for the bitcoin as a currency too. So bitcoin as a currency will be a winner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:03:45 PM

i'll stay even though im new to bitcoin and this forum
also even though bitcoin is facing some issues or problem
it will be stable once again and rise on top
Yeah you start it so why you will leave it ? keep earning to make a better life and bitcoin can do that, And the bitcoin price will rise up.
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:19:17 PM

i'll stay even though im new to bitcoin and this forum
also even though bitcoin is facing some issues or problem
it will be stable once again and rise on top
Yeah you start it so why you will leave it ? keep earning to make a better life and bitcoin can do that, And the bitcoin price will rise up.

Yeah it would rise up in coming future but present prices are making me worried, as the prices are going continuously low, but staying would serve the purpose as now we have entered into bitcoins so need to have some patience as leaving at the moment won't be a good idea, we should have faith in bitcoins as it needs support from us.
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:54:53 AM

we should have faith in bitcoins as it needs support from us.

It is easy to tell but hard to be accomplished. For whom who have faith in bitcoin needed support when bitcoin "need help". But how can be helped? In which way? What that people can do to help bitcoin, for example to increase in price, or to remain more stable....
jasonzervou17

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:41:23 AM

I think we should keep all the bitcoins we have until the market says it has enough value than what we pay for it. If the stock predicts that Bitcoins are on an upward trend keep it. If it reached the ceiling then sell it.
xhoneyael

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.AntiBitcoinTalk.com

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 08:08:00 AM

It is easy to tell but hard to be accomplished. For whom who have faith in bitcoin needed support when bitcoin "need help". But how can be helped? In which way? What that people can do to help bitcoin, for example to increase in price, or to remain more stable....
to support bitcoin just use it regularly..
as long as you have faith in bitcoin and you are using it
thats the best support you can give to bitcoin..
and also word of mouth share some of your experience in bitcoin to other..

n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:10:06 AM

to support bitcoin just use it regularly..
as long as you have faith in bitcoin and you are using it
thats the best support you can give to bitcoin..
and also word of mouth share some of your experience in bitcoin to other..

You are right but to use it must have it. And to have bitcoin it is not easy. Must be bought because I don't believe that the mining is profitable.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:22:19 AM

I think we should keep all the bitcoins we have until the market says it has enough value than what we pay for it. If the stock predicts that Bitcoins are on an upward trend keep it. If it reached the ceiling then sell it.

if everyone keep his bitcoin, no trading ill ever happen and the price will remain stuck there forever, you need buyers, bigger demand, and for this you need sellers first

we can't all hold and pretend to be rich one day, i can agree that those with few coins should hold and wait for the future, the others should play with the market
thebtcfuture

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:56:55 PM

I love the value and usage of Bitcoins, but it takes the value to a short extent where SECURITY is to ONLY 1 DEGREE! With the irreversible effect of the Bitcoins, this is a very hard ball to stand by without knowing when you will be CRUSHED BY thieves, scammers and just all right out wrong doing with bitcoins. A great reverse service should be invented to keep people from becoming victims of Bitcoin fraud. Without a valid way to hold non honest people accountable for robbing folks blind of their bitcoins, I'm not for sure how long it will take for Bitcoins become a popular currency!
Hopalong

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 09:19:55 PM

I love the value and usage of Bitcoins, but it takes the value to a short extent where SECURITY is to ONLY 1 DEGREE! With the irreversible effect of the Bitcoins, this is a very hard ball to stand by without knowing when you will be CRUSHED BY thieves, scammers and just all right out wrong doing with bitcoins. A great reverse service should be invented to keep people from becoming victims of Bitcoin fraud. Without a valid way to hold non honest people accountable for robbing folks blind of their bitcoins, I'm not for sure how long it will take for Bitcoins become a popular currency!

The worst thing about being robbed is that even if the police get the robbers there is no way of geting the bitcoins back. The robbers paper wallet will wait for them when they come out of prison...
Dotakels

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:25:52 PM

The worst thing about being robbed is that even if the police get the robbers there is no way of geting the bitcoins back. The robbers paper wallet will wait for them when they come out of prison...
If you know how to used your paper wallet theres nothing will robbed you, think about that your wallet have a security to avoid spend of your money, like putting a security code when spending coins, by that things robbers will not rob your coins.
Hopalong

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 04:05:15 PM

If you know how to used your paper wallet theres nothing will robbed you, think about that your wallet have a security to avoid spend of your money, like putting a security code when spending coins, by that things robbers will not rob your coins.

How do a paper wallet stop a gun or baseball bat? Please tell.
Dotakels

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:34:16 PM

they only stole your cellphone or gadget that your paper wallet is in, and if there some cases like that? i think its hard to find a solution in that situation.
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 03:39:11 PM

they only stole your cellphone or gadget that your paper wallet is in, and if there some cases like that? i think its hard to find a solution in that situation.

It cannot stop a gun or a baseball bat but it is the safest way. You can store your paper wallet where you put your money in a safe place(safe box). Or you can put half of the paper in another place.
Hopalong

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 04:18:18 PM

It cannot stop a gun or a baseball bat but it is the safest way. You can store your paper wallet where you put your money in a safe place(safe box). Or you can put half of the paper in another place.

Would not do you any good if a criminal with knowledge of bitcoin knew you had a lot of coins. He would beat you until you transfered everything to his paperwallet  and your money was gone for good. If the police came a arrested him right after the crime he still would keep the coins.

What do you think would happen to satoshi if his real name came out. A million bitcoin up for grab...
Dotakels

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:40:32 PM

Would not do you any good if a criminal with knowledge of bitcoin knew you had a lot of coins. He would beat you until you transfered everything to his paperwallet  and your money was gone for good. If the police came a arrested him right after the crime he still would keep the coins.

What do you think would happen to satoshi if his real name came out. A million bitcoin up for grab...
yeah maybe they can do that, still theres some of view that bitcoin must totally understand and many things will change not only the usage of fiat but some rules and also regulations.
MisterMoney

Activity: 65

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 04:41:58 AM

Without a defining killer app, I am confident that Bitcoin will, in fits and starts, inevitably return to its 2009 levels. It would be pointless to guess how long that process will take; or when that killer app will appear although I am also confident it will appear at some entirely unpredictable point.

I'm easily old enough to remember the very early days of personal computers. I remember a story from The Wall Street Journal in which a reporter interviewed a small-business owner (I think an auto-repair shop) who had bought an Apple II. The reporter asked the man what he thought of his purchase. The man stared glumly at the Apple for a moment and then sourly commented: "The damn thing just sits there."

Exactly. The world was just never going to buy into a command-prompt environment in a really big way. But the Mac came along and then the world began to change. (Be like the Mac! Bill Gates commanded his troops developing Windows 95.) And so it will be with Bitcoin. The world will never buy into it until an environment comes along that makes it easier, safer, and a lot more fun to use. Until then, the price will suffer periodic whale-dumps and then sort of bounce, spurt, and finally just roll along long enough for people to start talking (again) about "Bitcoin's recent price stability." And then yet another whale-dump will splash the water and the retroactively obvious cycle will begin again.

If you decide to go, then you will miss out on the killer app that will send Bitcoin to the moon and beyond. If you decide to stay, then you will watch the value of your stash just ebb away before your eyes. That choice defines your control.

As for me, for now I'm going to stay. But I've got Coinbase and can go in a second. That could happen at any time too.

[Comment added June 23, 2015:

My conclusion: stay. The blockchain itself will be the killer app upon which all other apps and bitcoins' fiat value will depend.]

I'd stay.
kvlolo

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:04:59 PM

Without a defining killer app, I am confident that Bitcoin will, in fits and starts, inevitably return to its 2009 levels. It would be pointless to guess how long that process will take; or when that killer app will appear although I am also confident it will appear at some entirely unpredictable point.

I'm easily old enough to remember the very early days of personal computers. I remember a story from The Wall Street Journal in which a reporter interviewed a small-business owner (I think an auto-repair shop) who had bought an Apple II. The reporter asked the man what he thought of his purchase. The man stared glumly at the Apple for a moment and then sourly commented: "The damn thing just sits there."

Exactly. The world was just never going to buy into a command-prompt environment in a really big way. But the Mac came along and then the world began to change. (Be like the Mac! Bill Gates commanded his troops developing Windows 95.) And so it will be with Bitcoin. The world will never buy into it until an environment comes along that makes it easier, safer, and a lot more fun to use. Until then, the price will suffer periodic whale-dumps and then sort of bounce, spurt, and finally just roll along long enough for people to start talking (again) about "Bitcoin's recent price stability." And then yet another whale-dump will splash the water and the retroactively obvious cycle will begin again.

If you decide to go, then you will miss out on the killer app that will send Bitcoin to the moon and beyond. If you decide to stay, then you will watch the value of your stash just ebb away before your eyes. That choice defines your control.

As for me, for now I'm going to stay. But I've got Coinbase and can go in a second. That could happen at any time too.

[Comment added June 23, 2015:

My conclusion: stay. The blockchain itself will be the killer app upon which all other apps and bitcoins' fiat value will depend.]

stay!

I'm looking for the best way to keep my bitcoins growing.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:26:56 PM

I would stay in Bitcoin because thanks to it, I've increase my knowledge and helped understand cryptography better as well.  Also, one thing that have always attracted me of Bitcoin, is its decentralized nature. Therefore, you gain control of your own money and not greedy banks Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:33:55 PM

I would stay too, i like the whole bitcoin itself.
Through 1-2 years i have learned a lot for bitcoin but never is enough.
If i choose one time to leave then maybe it will be when bitcoin will shut down.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: