Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:24:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin: Should you stay or should you go?  (Read 34154 times)
Txslady

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:39:05 PM

I would stay in Bitcoin because thanks to it, I've increase my knowledge and helped understand cryptography better as well.  Also, one thing that have always attracted me of Bitcoin, is its decentralized nature. Therefore, you gain control of your own money and not greedy banks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
alenahype

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:47:56 PM

I believe that to fall and grow it will be all of its existence and we having such a good asset must be grateful that this happens and we earn so much money
thenameisjay

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 12:29:22 AM

Without a defining killer app, I am confident that Bitcoin will, in fits and starts, inevitably return to its 2009 levels. It would be pointless to guess how long that process will take; or when that killer app will appear although I am also confident it will appear at some entirely unpredictable point.

I'm easily old enough to remember the very early days of personal computers. I remember a story from The Wall Street Journal in which a reporter interviewed a small-business owner (I think an auto-repair shop) who had bought an Apple II. The reporter asked the man what he thought of his purchase. The man stared glumly at the Apple for a moment and then sourly commented: "The damn thing just sits there."

Exactly. The world was just never going to buy into a command-prompt environment in a really big way. But the Mac came along and then the world began to change. (Be like the Mac! Bill Gates commanded his troops developing Windows 95.) And so it will be with Bitcoin. The world will never buy into it until an environment comes along that makes it easier, safer, and a lot more fun to use. Until then, the price will suffer periodic whale-dumps and then sort of bounce, spurt, and finally just roll along long enough for people to start talking (again) about "Bitcoin's recent price stability." And then yet another whale-dump will splash the water and the retroactively obvious cycle will begin again.

If you decide to go, then you will miss out on the killer app that will send Bitcoin to the moon and beyond. If you decide to stay, then you will watch the value of your stash just ebb away before your eyes. That choice defines your control.

As for me, for now I'm going to stay. But I've got Coinbase and can go in a second. That could happen at any time too.

[Comment added June 23, 2015:

My conclusion: stay. The blockchain itself will be the killer app upon which all other apps and bitcoins' fiat value will depend.]

True enough, before we integrate and make bitcoins known and better around the world, it must be stable enough for use. Bitcoin supply must be fully mined first to achieve a probable price stability. We also have to update the tranfer rate and transaction fees.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
Zeque02

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:13:35 AM

Without a defining killer app, I am confident that Bitcoin will, in fits and starts, inevitably return to its 2009 levels. It would be pointless to guess how long that process will take; or when that killer app will appear although I am also confident it will appear at some entirely unpredictable point.

I'm easily old enough to remember the very early days of personal computers. I remember a story from The Wall Street Journal in which a reporter interviewed a small-business owner (I think an auto-repair shop) who had bought an Apple II. The reporter asked the man what he thought of his purchase. The man stared glumly at the Apple for a moment and then sourly commented: "The damn thing just sits there."

Exactly. The world was just never going to buy into a command-prompt environment in a really big way. But the Mac came along and then the world began to change. (Be like the Mac! Bill Gates commanded his troops developing Windows 95.) And so it will be with Bitcoin. The world will never buy into it until an environment comes along that makes it easier, safer, and a lot more fun to use. Until then, the price will suffer periodic whale-dumps and then sort of bounce, spurt, and finally just roll along long enough for people to start talking (again) about "Bitcoin's recent price stability." And then yet another whale-dump will splash the water and the retroactively obvious cycle will begin again.

If you decide to go, then you will miss out on the killer app that will send Bitcoin to the moon and beyond. If you decide to stay, then you will watch the value of your stash just ebb away before your eyes. That choice defines your control.

As for me, for now I'm going to stay. But I've got Coinbase and can go in a second. That could happen at any time too.

My conclusion: stay. The blockchain itself will be the killer app upon which all other apps and bitcoins' fiat value will depend.]

True enough, before we integrate and make bitcoins known and better around the world, it must be stable enough for use. Bitcoin supply must be fully mined first to achieve a probable price stability. We also have to update the tranfer rate and transaction fees.

Its better to stay because from the day you started, it is part already of your life. Though its price unstable, it gives other opportunity to have extra income which helps a lot to us individuals. Hard work and patience is highly needed in order to be successful.

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀     |  Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |     ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
johnson4218

Activity: 165

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:17:30 AM

A pretty old article from 2015. And then people still do not know about bitcoin. interesting. The bitcoin fever begins in 2015 and he is still skeptical about the value of bitcoin
KingOfWinterfell01

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 02:27:52 AM

I don't think people really go immediately when there is a dip but it really is a sad reality; that most bitcoin owners and traders are just in it for the money. Newbies on the other hand invest blindly causing a massive dive in price, thus causing panic. People shouldn't go.

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 05:54:24 PM

Bitcoin is in constant dynamics, it is being improved, which means that it will be accessible and convenient for everyone.

Exactly. Every day, Bitcoin is improving at a fast pace. Many scalable solutions like the Lightning Network are in the works, and it's only a matter of time before Bitcoin becomes stronger than ever. The current price decline is nothing when compared to Bitcoin's value 2 years ago. As such, Bitcoin has room for growth in value within the next years.

Therefore, it's best to stay in Bitcoin rather than leave it, as you'll miss an opportunity of a lifetime to become a wealthy person once it's value skyrockets from $25,000 and beyond. The limited supply, the increasing demand, and other factors will drive its price all the way to the moon. In this case, I'll never leave Bitcoin unless it's in a situation that's about to die. Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 07:01:43 PM

yes i am, long term supporter Smiley
i will hodl forever bcz btc is future

Ahimoth

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:24:46 AM

yes i am, long term supporter Smiley
i will hodl forever bcz btc is future

If you believe in the potential of bitcoin then you should definitely stay. Though there may be times when its price goes down but that doesn't define the end of bitcoin. Its value is naturally fluctuating. If you don't want to regret anything in the future then you should definitely stay and see what happens.
LastRolling

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:28:01 PM

You should stay instead to go. Staying in bitcoin is a wise and bright idea to be consider. Through bitcoin you can obtain a better life which other investing companies cannot guarantee to you.
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:38:02 PM

If I go there will be trouble....And if I stay it will be double!!!

sent from my X6
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:03:08 PM

Bitcoin has revolutionary financial system and that is next generation fiat currency with wide scope of it adoption around the globe like normal fiat currency, as the time is passing away we are looking it growing stronger and stronger with it's acceptance by big merchants
Thus, as a modern society we must be able to adapt to one of these technological developments. It will make us exist and survive the times. So, we should have to learn and be part of the change.

Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 07:22:20 PM

If I go there will be trouble....And if I stay it will be double!!!
Double or trouble, these are the chances in both of the cases either you go or you stay, but here the point is very simple that if you are doing something and you are doing it in a better and a professional way then why are you leaving that because in this market, the investment doesn’t matter than much as compare to the experience. You can still earn a lot by guiding a few colleagues with some commission in the profit and loss.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:23:15 PM

You should stay instead to go. Staying in bitcoin is a wise and bright idea to be consider. Through bitcoin you can obtain a better life which other investing companies cannot guarantee to you.

Agree. True believers of Bitcoin's future will never leave it despite what happens in the mainstream world. We've learned many times that Bitcoin is volatile and its price could either rise exponentially or decrease massive within seconds. But, one thing for sure is that Bitcoin is much stronger than ever before in terms of development and user adoption. Since supply is limited, and its programmed to halve every 4 years, you could expect for the value of Bitcoin to rise a lot more than it did last year.

Up date, no cryptocurrency is comparable to Bitcoin in terms of security and reliability. Of course, it still has issues regarding slow transactions and high fees, but this may become addressed eventually as the Lightning Network and other improvements become activated within Bitcoin itself. Most people who leave Bitcoin do so because they see its value declining in the short term, but they never envision Bitcoin's true value in the long term. They've joined Bitcoin in the first place because they saw it as a tool for profiting, instead of a real currency for everyday payments. But those who're wise, will "hodl" as much coins as they can since the pioneer cryptocurrency has a greater potential for growth in the future.

Nevertheless, the best thing about Bitcoin, is that it gives you greater returns over the long term, than any savings or IRA account from a bank. Therefore, it's best to stay in Bitcoin rather than leave it, no matter what happens during the short term. Just my opinion Smiley

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
alexbitman

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 06:26:50 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2018, 06:40:57 AM by alexbitman

Twitter CEO Says Bitcoin Will Replace US Dollar

https://atozforex.com/news/twitter-ceo- ... us-dollar/

Now, the current BTC price on  is still barely above 8k USD. But really, given the trends with other currencies and all the new stuff panies bring on the market, https://bitmann.org/hashflare-vs-genesis-mining/I bet my left nut, that BTC price will get to at least 40k USD by the end of 2019.
Glydel1999

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:45:50 AM

Just stay in bitcoin. Eventhough bitcoin is still bleeding; same as the altcoins, do not lose hope in bitcoin.
You need to have a lot of patience and understanding about the flow of bitcoin in crypto market. Bitcoin is soon to rise up so do not just let go for it.
sari_

Activity: 230
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:52:29 AM

maybe they are afraid of bitcoin
usually happens to people who are still new to join the world of crypto bitcon. and they are easily panicked because bitcoin prices are steadily declining in price
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:03:29 AM

Twofold or inconvenience, these are the odds in both of the cases it is possible that you go or you stay, yet here the fact of the matter is exceptionally straightforward that in the event that you are accomplishing something and you are doing it in a superior and an expert way then why are you leaving that in light of the fact that in this market, the speculation doesn't make a difference than much as contrast with the experience. You can even now acquire a great deal by controlling a couple of associates with some commission in the benefit and misfortune.
NABILA AKTER SHILA

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:50:13 AM

I have never realized that Bitcoin will return to zero points. Bitcoin is moving forward and will continue in the future. Those who do not believe in bitcoin will not do in the future. Bitcoin will solve its technical problem and take it to the top. Bitcoin will continue to grow because both people's interests and needs are increasing.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:03:20 AM

I'm staying with bitcoin. Even if the market is cheaper than the previous price i am staying. I am positive that bitcoin will boost again. I am seeing opportunity in today's exchange. I am holding up because i believe that i have a future in bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: