Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:50:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Show me your Bitcoin XT  (Read 8778 times)
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:03:08 PM

In all the nonsense, that is going on in this thread, I have a serious question.

When there would really be 2 forks, every transactions from fork A can easily published to fork B.
So, to prevent a transaction from happening on Fork B, when I put it on fork A. Say sending 1 BTC from address X to address Y, I would have to make a second transaction, sending all my Bitcoin from address X to address Z. Am I right here?

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:04:53 PM

In all the nonsense, that is going on in this thread, I have a serious question.

When there would really be 2 forks, every transactions from fork A can easily published to fork B.
So, to prevent a transaction from happening on Fork B, when I put it on fork A. Say sending 1 BTC from address X to address Y, I would have to make a second transaction, sending all my Bitcoin from address X to address Z. Am I right here?

Note several things:

- Transactions which are re-played are still not accessible without the private key to which outputs are sent.  Lots of transactions are sent to oneself, or could be as needed.

- Any block reward from a newly mined block is unique to the chain on which is resides.  On one of these threads I've described how as soon as XT produces a block which is illegal by current Core standards, 'XTaint' will be released into the wild.  It can be mixed into transactions (on XT) for fun and profit.  (Same works for Core or any other fork as well of course.)

One weapon of war would be to for one fork to analyze the chains of other forks and integrate certain metadata for use in determining legality and value of outputs.  Weaker forks might try it as an element of asymmetric warfare, but it's not a very long-term solution.  Any fork which employs it is likely to eventually mandate a forced spend and implement certain kinds of color-listing.  And eventualy shrivel and die.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
ammy009

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 07:30:36 AM

How does this work?
I have the same bitcoins in bitcoin and in bitcoinxt or how do I move my bitcoins to xt?

As I understand it, you need to download the new client for bitcoin-xt. Still it wouldn't affect your coins that much, it will still be working in one chain. Sooner or later when bitcoin-xt was the most used fork in the block chain, your coins in the bitcoin-xt client would be the valid coins you can use for spending and the older bitcoin core coins would be pretty much useless as it will not be recorded on the chain whether it was spent or not, mainly because the chain that we are following would be bitcoin-xt and not the bitcoin core. (Did I get it right? Correct me if I get some points wrong.)
Sorry - you got it wrong.  There won't be two chains!  There will just be bitcoinCore and bitcoinXT - both on the same chain!.  Ever how many coins you have now, you'll have the same amount of both types.  One will become worthless (bitcoin core) the other will be valuable same as you know it today.

But if you hurry and load bitcoinXT today, you'll double your coins because they will both be worth something for a while longer.  Only the people who wait - don't double their coins.

Anyone want to buy some bitcoinXT - I've got a shitload available.  I sold all the bitcoinCore already (for $195!) - suckers!  Those are going to be worth nothing soon.  Don't wait.

Just read my reply again and I'm pretty sure I haven't stated anything about two different block chains. Seems like you didn't understand my reply. What I'm saying is, when the Bitcoin-XT fork becomes the widely-used version of bitcoin in the whole network, the coins that are in the Bitcoin-Core client couldn't be spend and will be invalid for transactions whereas the Bitcoin-XT coins would be the coins that could be spent and are valid for transactions. Also, reading from different threads, you could still import the privkeys from Bitcoin-Core to Bitcoin-XT and have the same amount of bitcoins. That is what I learned in reading some threads about Bitcoin-XT.

I agree with dothebeats  Smiley
no tension .... no fear ...... stay calm & cool !!!  Grin

Realpra

Activity: 815
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:02:05 AM

I'm also switching my node to XT.
I've already switched mine.  Doubled my bitcoin in five minutes.  If anyone wants to buy BitcoinCore bitcoin, I'll sell them for a discount of $175.  I am also selling the new bitcoin BitcoinXt for $250.  Send me a PM with your address.  I can make the trade today.
Is this a joke? you do realize that as soon as your XT client sends your coins they will disappear from your normal Bitcoin wallet too right?
Even if you wanted to you can't separate them as the TX's are identical and valid on both chains... and there is only one chain right now.

Later AFTER the hardfork you MIGHT be able to separate them via doublespend attack against yourself, but if things got that far no one would be accepting the old chain anymore.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
Realpra

Activity: 815

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:07:10 AM

Well, i'm as a SPV wallet user just watching this thread while people are arguing about bitcoin core & XT

So, can we use bitcoin core if most people alreadu running bitcoin XT in full node mode ?
You should be able to choose your full node server and could choose a BTCore server I guess.

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 11:41:03 AM

I was somewhat pro 20MB block limits before but I have yet to install Bitcoin XT because I am leery of Centralized Authoritarian Mike Hearn's involvement in all of this. Instead, I have added another 6 new Bitcoin core nodes.
mallard

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:24:05 PM

Can I use BitcoinXT with multibit?
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:25:06 PM

Can I use BitcoinXT with multibit?

and may I ask you, why you didn't read at least basics before posting here?
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:36:37 PM

What about Bitcoin Core implementing BIP 100? Seems like the reasonable to thing to push for now instead of multiple reference clients.

Scamalert

Activity: 490

Captain

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 03:06:15 PM

OK, started to panic a bit about this whole fork talk. So I read the whole thread a little more carefully. So what is going on here is that the new client (XT) runs on the same block chain as the old client (core). The XT will just be ready to support the fork if or when it comes. So all that FUD about there is now two type of coins is not true. Since they run on the blockchains is it the same coins bassically. Only after the fork will there be possibility to do the trix with having "double" the coins, but at that time should there be consensus what chain to run, and one will no consensus will just die, since no bitcoin exhange would accept that chain. Right?
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 03:22:06 PM

OK, started to panic a bit about this whole fork talk. So I read the whole thread a little more carefully. So what is going on here is that the new client (XT) runs on the same block chain as the old client (core). The XT will just be ready to support the fork if or when it comes. So all that FUD about there is now two type of coins is not true. Since they run on the blockchains is it the same coins bassically. Only after the fork will there be possibility to do the trix with having "double" the coins, but at that time should there be consensus what chain to run, and one will no consensus will just die, since no bitcoin exhange would accept that chain. Right?
Exactly. Although some people and exchanges might still accept the old chain, since it has a significantly lower hashrate but still a high difficulty, the blockchain would become insecure and prone to attacks. This would prompt people to switch to the new chain if they hadn't already.

YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:40:29 PM

Well well. It used be that Bitcoin sat on its might throne
calling every other coin a "shitcoin". And now... it's just another
altcoin. No, make that two altcoins  Grin Grin

“God does not play dice"
Klestin

Activity: 493

View Profile
June 14, 2015, 03:01:51 AM

Well well. It used be that Bitcoin sat on its might throne
calling every other coin a "shitcoin". And now... it's just another
altcoin. No, make that two altcoins  Grin Grin

You know how I can tell you haven't read the thread?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:22:04 AM

The topic has been demoted to the altcoin section.  Theymos could be against the hard fork?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 04:29:53 AM

The topic has been demoted to the altcoin section.  Theymos could be against the hard fork?

Or he could be against telling the Chinese miners to go take a hike! Cheesy
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 04:33:40 AM

Or he could be against telling the Chinese miners to go take a hike! Cheesy

That too  Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 01:23:25 PM

I hope we wont see Bitcoin XT wallets in the future. Either the normal wallet gets updated or bitcoin xt remains an unimportant altcoin.

I can understand why some want to make a point in support of the change but why using a wallet that will be something owned by a company? Do we liberalize Bitcoin so easily?

I have to admit that bitcoin xt have a successful marketing campaign.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6581

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 03:23:43 PM

It is actually in the alternative CLIENTS section because Bitcoin XT is technically an alternative client, not an altcoin.

Trading
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

Nothing like healthy scepticism and hard evidence

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:31:58 PM

Some of the posts on this thread can be qualified as blunt fraud attempt. The poster is asking for a ban.

The Rock Trading Exchange forges its order books with bots, uses them to scam customers and is trying to appropriate 35000 euro from a forum member https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
btchris

Activity: 672
Merit: 504

a.k.a. gurnec on GitHub

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2015, 01:56:38 PM

Whoever did move it didn't leave behind the typical "Moved" post, so we can't see who it was.

But yes, Theymos is very much against a hard fork. For example, he has stated that he will not allow Bitcoin XT to be listed on his bitcoin.org site unless/until the "extremely unlikely event that the vast majority of the Bitcoin economy switches to XT and there is a strong perception that XT is the true Bitcoin".
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: