Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:02:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ===►Maidak scammed me 400$ BTC,this time is for sure===►  (Read 18749 times)
markj113
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:20:10 PM

I think he will pay up in a few days with a poor excuse.

Think of it as an interest free loan for a few days until he gets paid  Roll Eyes

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gampher

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:57:55 PM

Maidak is a nice guy and won't destory his repo over here. He has been late earlier too on many deals. Don't worry he will pay back, I guess he is thinking of a silly excuse as of now Tongue
DjVoodo

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:45:31 PM

I also have a problem with Maidak, no payment sent from 17th of May. Just giving him time until tomorrow to pay. His last message was 11 days ago, from than no contact. Tomorrow i will post the scam accusation, official, and prt scr with our exchange of text, his number must be known by many and will prove his the one.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:52:50 PM

I also have a problem with Maidak, no payment sent from 17th of May. Just giving him time until tomorrow to pay. His last message was 11 days ago, from than no contact. Tomorrow i will post the scam accusation, official, and prt scr with our exchange of text, his number must be known by many and will prove his the one.

I say it's time for others to give negative trust and remove him from escrow lists before more damage can be done.
DjVoodo

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:04:36 PM

My payment is for $1125, i deal with him in the past for over 100 btc, over 80% of transactions with late payments, but this...i will give him my last bit of trust until tomorrow.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:08:19 PM

My payment is for $1125, i deal with him in the past for over 100 btc, over 80% of transactions with late payments, but this...i will give him my last bit of trust until tomorrow.
If it was so common for him to take so long for him to pay you then why did you keep trading with him? I am sure there are people on LBC that you could find that would be better incentive to release escrow almost instantly.
DjVoodo

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:12:09 PM

Because the late was no more than 12 hours, only 1 time was for few days. Why are you fighting me now? I worked with him because he was what i need for my business, that is why. Paying late, was not such a big problem. The problem is now, when i got screwed.
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:13:28 PM

What payment method? Did you pay Maidak / Derek himself or someone else?
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:14:51 PM

I still suggest, like the others, that Maidak will pay you.  I did some work for him back in the day and I did the work first and then he paid me.  Was quite a nice guy and has been running a business in the bitcoin world for a long time.

The OP seems like a crazy dude typing FUCK YOU FUCK YOU again and again just because things are late.  It's not so cool to blow your top like that.

It's almost certain that Maidak will show up and explain this, but you can't expect everything to happen in 1/2 second.  Just my 2 satoshis on this one.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:16:42 PM

Because the late was no more than 12 hours, only 1 time was for few days. Why are you fighting me now? I worked with him because he was what i need for my business, that is why. Paying late, was not such a big problem. The problem is now, when i got screwed.
I am not fighting with you. I am just letting you know the importance of good customer service. It is obviously up to you who you want to trade with however I wouldn't trade with someone who often takes that long to send Bitcoin after they receive funds (or vice versa).
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:18:36 PM

The worst is being strung along for money you are owed. I've texted/contacted people for months for less than $100 owed. Always with some new, crazy excuse of why they don't have funds. I've never done a transaction with Maidak, but when he states he will pay in 1 hour and then comes up with excuses, never good.

Good luck with recovering what you are owed.
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:21:12 PM

I still suggest, like the others, that Maidak will pay you.  I did some work for him back in the day and I did the work first and then he paid me.  Was quite a nice guy and has been running a business in the bitcoin world for a long time.

The OP seems like a crazy dude typing FUCK YOU FUCK YOU again and again just because things are late.  It's not so cool to blow your top like that.

It's almost certain that Maidak will show up and explain this, but you can't expect everything to happen in 1/2 second.  Just my 2 satoshis on this one.

People change. Just look at TradeFortress, Projects and a few others.

If this was one time, okay but there have been several complaints from different members. If what DjVoodo says is true, fact here is Maidak is still trading while owing others. This is very untrustworthy, not sure how you can see it different.

Maidak owed DjVoodo. Stops responding to him. Maidak accepts bitcoin from shdvb and tells him he'll have payment within an hour, disappears afterwards only to come back with a new excuse. Do you not see anything wrong here, or are you just here to troll / disagree with Quickseller?  Cheesy Let's not make this another Quickseller thread. Not saying that's what you're going to do but this is exactly what happened in other threads.
DjVoodo

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:23:50 PM

I paid him in ppmc codes. I worked with him for over 1 month, but not responding 11 days, it's a big issue. Few days, ok, but 11 days, to much. The excuse was that he is in hospital, i will post and picture i received by text, with his leg infection
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:24:45 PM

I still suggest, like the others, that Maidak will pay you.  I did some work for him back in the day and I did the work first and then he paid me.  Was quite a nice guy and has been running a business in the bitcoin world for a long time.

The OP seems like a crazy dude typing FUCK YOU FUCK YOU again and again just because things are late.  It's not so cool to blow your top like that.

It's almost certain that Maidak will show up and explain this, but you can't expect everything to happen in 1/2 second.  Just my 2 satoshis on this one.

People change. Just look at TradeFortress, Projects and a few others.
Indeed

If this was one time, okay but there have been several complaints from different members. If what DjVoodo says is true, fact here is Maidak is still trading while owing others. This is very untrustworthy, not sure how you can see it different.

Maidak owed DjVoodo. Stops responding to him. Maidak accepts bitcoin from shdvb and tells him he'll have payment within an hour, disappears afterwards only to come up with a new excuse. Do you not see anything wrong here, or are you just here to troll / disagree with Quickseller?  Cheesy Let's not make this another Quickseller thread.

Not here to disagree or troll. Just thought it was relevant to add that I've had a good experience with Maidak and that's about all I really can add (of relevance).  I'm not saying it's right to delay or cetera, but 450$ is a good amount of money and I believe (I may be wrong) that Maidak will make this right.
xetsr
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:30:33 PM

I paid him in ppmc codes. I worked with him for over 1 month, but not responding 11 days, it's a big issue. Few days, ok, but 11 days, to much. The excuse was that he is in hospital, i will post and picture i received by text, with his leg infection

In the hospital but was able to accept bitcoin from someone else, claim to have cashed out at a ATM and then disappears on that member too. Things are just not adding up here.

I updated the negative feedback (as in deleted, added new feedback). Others should be very careful dealing with him. Who knows if he will pay back others with funds taken from other members, you know... like a Ponzi scheme.

Escrow with clear terms will prevent this from happening to anyone else.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:56:53 PM

He was late in paying killyou72 maybe a month or so ago. He picked up the funds almost right away. He had claimed that he was having problems with his bank account but his Chinese partner could still trade with others (I am now suspicious of this statement). 
Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:59:51 PM

C'mon Maidak, you really gonna be this stupid? Stealing customer money will result in charges for fraud, operating an unlicensed money service business, money laundering, and tax evasion. The few thousand or so that you may get from this exit scam will become $10,000 to $100,000 of fines and legal fees, and probably time in jail. Not to mention that the reputation you squandered was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars of business.

If he goes through with this I honestly think he must have a serious drug problem.

Why do you believe that this could possibly end up with him owing tens of thousands in fines?

Are you saying that you have the proper license for trading bitcoin?  I'm not sure of anyone that really does on the forum yet... so wouldn't they fall under the same thing (minus the fraud part)?
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 12:13:26 AM

C'mon Maidak, you really gonna be this stupid? Stealing customer money will result in charges for fraud, operating an unlicensed money service business, money laundering, and tax evasion. The few thousand or so that you may get from this exit scam will become $10,000 to $100,000 of fines and legal fees, and probably time in jail. Not to mention that the reputation you squandered was worth hundreds of thousands of dollars of business.

If he goes through with this I honestly think he must have a serious drug problem.

Why do you believe that this could possibly end up with him owing tens of thousands in fines?

Are you saying that you have the proper license for trading bitcoin?  I'm not sure of anyone that really does on the forum yet... so wouldn't they fall under the same thing (minus the fraud part)?

He probably means something like this: customers that do their trade successfully and get their money are happy customers. Customers that get their money stolen in a trade are unhappy and much more likely to raise a stink and cause issues like alerting authorities.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 11:46:50 AM

He gave me his private phone number when i couldnt contact him otherwise. He said its easier to get him that way.

I will send him a sms now. Maybe he reacts on me and checks back in this thread.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
otrkid70

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 12:07:44 AM

Maidak handled a $1600.00++ Escrow for me with No problems at all.  I know when $$ is involved we get short fused....Maybe it's a problem on his end being hacked or something? not sure just hate to think he is dishonest.

Will be watching this thread for the outcome. Hope it's a misunderstanding or something.  Huh
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: