Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:36:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to buy.. what to buy..  (Read 3557 times)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 05:19:15 AM

NO ONE knows the future.

Since OP seems to have a decent ("enough" ?) amount of BTC and even gold (or at least close to enough), then it makes very good sense to look at some diversification.

PM diversification is not a bad idea either.  Have gold?  Then buy some silver or platinum.  Smiley  (Note: I practice what I preach)

Oil and/or stocks would seem to count as diversification (of course I do not know spazzdla's exact situation).

It is SMART to retain some 3 - 6 months worth of FIAT$ (much of it outside the bank in "long green" in your physical possession) if possible.  Never know what will happen, and people and stores would take CA$H in a pinch if the ATMs and credit card systems go down, at least for a while.

I would echo the sentiment on personal cash holdings. 
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:05:14 AM
Last edit: June 06, 2015, 09:35:55 AM by Amph

I think not strategic land can produce anything. What items do you need? For instance daily items like milk or eggs. I dont think to produce that

items need a strategic place to be because you can just deliver it them no need them to come into your land to get it

Right but we need other criteria here, condition of land. How could you build a plantation or livestock if your land is not suitable for that? Because the badlands maybe, or bad climate there.

there is one thing that people will always want, and they need forever

foods

this is the answer, build something that provide some special foods, or even a small supermarket, in a strategic zone, and you are done

Have you heard about the restaurant or food place into bankrupt because not many people that visit the place? That's why I said the strategic location is most important criteria to people when take land investment.

both things are important it's obvious, the position of your investments and what you are investing in, it's kind the same with poker, position and your hand
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2015, 08:31:54 AM

It's always good to spread and expand your investment portfolio. When I say that, it's not about holding all your wealth in fiat and neither should you put everything in gold or bitcoin for that matter. Just adjust percentage of your holding so that whatever comes up like for example, total economic collapse (if it does happen), then you know you are protected.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 09:18:36 AM

i suggest to split your money and invest it in different assets.

20% into different cryptos, if you believe that they will succeed
50% into mega trends like robotic and automation, digitalization, health, water purification etc
15% into factored long oil certificates
15% into gold
Clint

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:39:51 PM

Stocks especially Chinese stocks are pretty hot at the moment, I know a lot of people who are getting wealthy right now with stocks. That's my advice, invest in some stocks.  Wink

Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 11:01:10 AM

# Oil, why Oil ? The price of oil has been trending down lately, some call this price manipulation, and it really is.

# Gold, why gold ? Unlike paper currency, coins or other assets, gold has maintained its value throughout the ages.
People see gold as a way to pass on and preserve their wealth from one generation to the next.

*gold has maintained its value throughout the ages. *

Hum.. because of that.

i agree but gold has been around for ages, bitcoins may be a better alternative but since its very recent is it really that reliable, who knows what turns bitcoin will take.
bitnanigans

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:42:20 PM

Buy more bitcoin. It's always a good time to buy bitcoin as the price will surely go up.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 03:57:40 PM

If you're looking to just make some quick profit, I would invest in very new altcoins (through mining, preferably) and HODL until they rise.  You can make easy profit if you have a good eye on finding coins that will grow quickly.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:40:35 PM

Gold & Bitcoin would be my no.1 choice if I was buying, also Land, where I am the cost of land gets almost doubled in an year or 2. But it really depends on what budget you have.

Land.. now that is a pretty good plan..  Lots of insanely cheap land in parts of my country.. HUM..

I might just do this. I like this plan.

My friend said that invest on property has a bright future because the price of land is getting higher and higher because there will be more need on it. When land has got fewer, on that time you will got profit

Much better than fallow land is forest. In addition to holding a piece of land which is likely to at least keep its value, you get returns from tree growth. But if you buy any kind of land you should have a longterm investment perspective, because to see real returns you have to wait for years or decades since the market is rather illiquid with a high variance in price settling.

If you buy forest you should also buy a large enough lot to ensure that timber harvesting can be conducted economically.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BTCevo
Legendary

Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 04:58:32 PM

If you're looking to just make some quick profit, I would invest in very new altcoins (through mining, preferably) and HODL until they rise.  You can make easy profit if you have a good eye on finding coins that will grow quickly.

Yes thats true new altcoin is a great way to earn some profit but it is really hard to do nowadays because you need some time to monitor the movement of its coin, with some slight miss you may have chance to get low profit or may be didnt have chance to get the profit. Need great experience to make sure you will get profit from altcoin
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:17:59 AM

i think gold is better from firaun's decade till now gold is a precious, just bought it and save it for many latters   silver is good for buy,its all up to you mate follow your heart and predict it and find more information about it Cheesy
BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:20:38 AM

WTB scam coin
why because i want to burn my money  Grin

Im still can't understand why some people invest her money to Shitcoin, new coin fake roadmap, and ICO

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 07:12:14 AM

i think gold is better from firaun's decade till now gold is a precious, just bought it and save it for many latters   silver is good for buy,its all up to you mate follow your heart and predict it and find more information about it Cheesy

the chance that gold will lose value because they will dig more of it, is not very slim, notice how the price of gold is not raising anymore significantly, since when? years basically

and there wasn't any major pump of it, so it easy to predict that his price will not raise too much anymore and that there is a good possibility of a reversal trend in the future, if it is discovered that the supply is not limited as many think
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:10:18 AM

Crypto..

PM..

REIT's...

Another stock??

OIL ETF?

Any advice.. ideas.. stories.

Currently I am only buying PM's and Crypto, considering other things to buy.

Oil is the best choice for sure.
Prices are low and will surely blow.
Oil's the way to go.

dblink

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:05:11 AM

Crypto.. | PM.. | REIT's...| Another stock?? | OIL ETF? Any advice.. ideas.. stories.
Currently I am only buying PM's and Crypto, considering other things to buy.

Digital currencies had a rocky road to travel in the beginning, Banks, credit card companies, and online payment services can delay certain transactions or apply surcharges and fees—often without their customers knowing, unless they squint to read the fine print. Crypto currencies carry smaller and more transparent transaction fees, and purchases and transfers can be approved in minutes.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:22:26 AM

Yes thats true new altcoin is a great way to earn some profit but it is really hard to do nowadays because you need some time to monitor the movement of its coin, with some slight miss you may have chance to get low profit or may be didnt have chance to get the profit. Need great experience to make sure you will get profit from altcoin

Betting that a new altcoin will have a good pump after being dumped by the obligatory initial dump of miners as soon as a coin gets listed in an exchange = total lottery. Sure, you can try to guess what is or isn't worth it looking at the features of the coin, but at the end of the day it all comes down to what the whales are feeling like pumping.
BTCevo
Legendary

Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:32:06 AM

Betting that a new altcoin will have a good pump after being dumped by the obligatory initial dump of miners as soon as a coin gets listed in an exchange = total lottery. Sure, you can try to guess what is or isn't worth it looking at the features of the coin, but at the end of the day it all comes down to what the whales are feeling like pumping.

Yes I know that is good things to do, but it is not easy to pick or are you saying to get more than one random altcoins then try to hope that my picks will be pump? Is that so? Actually it depends on whales, how can we predict which altcoin will they pump? If we can try to guess it I think its ok to get altcoin if not better not try to or later will lost all of your bitcoin
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:56:53 PM

Yes I know that is good things to do, but it is not easy to pick or are you saying to get more than one random altcoins then try to hope that my picks will be pump? Is that so? Actually it depends on whales, how can we predict which altcoin will they pump? If we can try to guess it I think its ok to get altcoin if not better not try to or later will lost all of your bitcoin

For me this so hard to buy a new coin, so far i just bought the famous and realible coin, so many coin has removed by the exchanger and we have to be carefull to pick them
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:06:39 PM

If you're looking to just make some quick profit, I would invest in very new altcoins (through mining, preferably) and HODL until they rise.  You can make easy profit if you have a good eye on finding coins that will grow quickly.

It's literally impossible to know what will get pumped by whales. Usually coins that survive a long time after a pump and have been stable at a low price for months, and those coins having a special feature, can get pumped: Litecoin, Vericoin, Maid, Monero... The "no name" coins are a big gamble because they can get delisted and you end up with nothing.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:13:50 PM

I think Oil is best choice too at the moment as current prices of oil are low and situation in oil producing countries is horrible.Sooner we will see huge rise at price and that can bring huge profit.Gold and Bitcoin also are looking great to invest in those assets.

I agree.  Even if renewables take a strong hold and even supplant oil it doesn't matter too much.  In the long run, oil is still a tremendous energy source as well as a manufacturing product that will be useful.

I would invest in space exploration.  If we ever succeed as a human race, we'll need to consider expanding our living space to other celestial locales.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀