Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Genstake [GEN] [QT WALLET UPDATE] [STAKE-MINE] [SCRYPT] [FULL POW/POS]  (Read 37062 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
badam

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:03:12 AM

wow i left it yesterday with 1k coin inside, n now its out of sync, anything happen?

There was a nasty fork when everyone's coins started getting so much weight and the staking difficulty was so low that everyone's coins were trying to stake at the same time. It was a mess and the coin forked:\

Save your wallet, and delete everything else in your %appdata%/Genstake folder, and reopen your wallet to resync to the network.

Any coins that staked when you were on the fork will be gone, but the coins that staked will have aged a lot and will have a lot of weight, so they will stake again fairly quickly.

thanks,  i was happy last night coz i got more than 3k, now its all gone, GREAT COIN WITH A GREAT DEV n obviously a GREAT SCAM LOL

Well that was only possible if you made an own fork solo mining it with a huge hashrate but in that case you should always check if you are on the same block as pools. It is pitty but not the first and not the last coin that is forked at start and imo dev did a really fair move by giving up his own fork and resync to the fork that was used by the pools.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Adderral

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:29:00 AM

Shame it really did fork.  Undecided hopefully everyone is now on the correct one.

kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 03:12:06 AM

well we lost most of our staked coins now lets see if exchanges will pick this coin up or not

ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 05:23:44 AM

We'll have to wait and see. It's still early days for Genstake, tomorrow there will be twice as many coins as today. The only reason to get it on an exchange at this point, imho, would be so that people that just want to be out can get out and people that want in without having to go through the mining part can get in. From a technical perspective, it's not really time critical for it to get on an exchange. The genstake coinbase will grow over the course of years, not days, so it's not as if anyone with patience really missed the boat. With that said, this is crypto. Things happen in days and weeks, not months and years, and a coin without an exchange loses interest quickly.

At this point though the first port of call is a block explorer. I'll double the bounty for one to 200 GEN, and I'll keep increasing that bounty as a proportion of my premine until we get one.

In the meantime, if you like the concept, please tell your friends, give us a shout out on twitter or facebook. Talk about what you like or don't like here, or what types of things you'd like to see in the coin here. We left the future of the coin a blank slate to some degree for a reason. We wanted to see if the interest was there for this concept, and how it pans out in practice. The idea needs to resonate with the community if we're really going to make something of this. Right now we're just trying something a little bit different, seeing if that works, and from there we can see about trying something else that is maybe a little bit different, and seeing if that works. The GEN in Genstake isn't just about generating coins, it's about generating ideas, interest, and value. We think that if the concept does resonate with the altcoin community that it could be a GENesis of a new GENeration of crypto.

At the end of the day though we're trying something different, and I for one really find this concept interesting and intriguing. I think a lot of other people really did too until that nasty fork. I think once we get a blockchain up we can all rest a little easier. The network has been running stable for most of the day now, and I don't see any reason why it should get all out of whack again.

So if you like the concept and think it has potential, let's all try and get more people aware and involved with the coin, and let the crypto scene know that this isn't just another flash in the pan. Looking at the connections on the network, there's a lot of lurkers, so I'm hopeful that many people are as interested in this initial idea and where it could go as I am.

Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:09:15 PM

Will sell 2,660 coins for 0.20 BTC. Send me a message if want.
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 06:18:22 PM

Mining difficulty has dropped to 1.6, and there's approximately 165mhash on the network. All the pools in the OP are active, but with no miners.

This is a good thing if you're looking for an opportunity to get in. 1440 coins are getting released each day through traditional mining. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it doesn't take a lot to get in on the staking system and get the ball rolling with bigger payouts. This is still early days. This isn't your average POW/POS coin. The people with lots of coins right now had to fight against 200+ difficulty. Now, here today, just as many coins are getting out into the system through POW and POS, but now the difficulty to get in through POW is low. Low enough for average Joe to get a chance to eventually get enough coins to compete on the POS network.

And that's the beauty of the system. It's never too late to get in. And the people that are already in had to work significantly harder to get in. But the door is, and always will be open for more.

The reward might be 20x more, but today the difficulty to get in is over 100x less.

Edit: Oh, and there's 32 connections to the network.
zsnorbi

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:20:23 PM

Any news about a block explorer?
kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:24:41 PM

Mining difficulty has dropped to 1.6, and there's approximately 165mhash on the network. All the pools in the OP are active, but with no miners.

This is a good thing if you're looking for an opportunity to get in. 1440 coins are getting released each day through traditional mining. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it doesn't take a lot to get in on the staking system and get the ball rolling with bigger payouts. This is still early days. This isn't your average POW/POS coin. The people with lots of coins right now had to fight against 200+ difficulty. Now, here today, just as many coins are getting out into the system through POW and POS, but now the difficulty to get in through POW is low. Low enough for average Joe to get a chance to eventually get enough coins to compete on the POS network.

And that's the beauty of the system. It's never too late to get in. And the people that are already in had to work significantly harder to get in. But the door is, and always will be open for more.

The reward might be 20x more, but today the difficulty to get in is over 100x less.

dev, is this your first coin? it is really shit.

early miners are staking all the coins. no one has a chance. dead coin.

maybe early holders
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 07:31:52 PM

Any news about a block explorer?

I just got a message from someone that's putting one up. Will post asap when I hear back that it's live.
Hoganye

Activity: 625
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:42:16 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 09:59:57 PM by Hoganye

is this your first fud? it is really shit.

i'm not an early miner and i am staking just fine.

edit: 600 left to sell now send me message.
kubuminer

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:56:41 PM

@BinPool - wallet update to version - v1.0.1.0
UllrSkis

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:39:10 PM

Newbie to POS coins, do I have to do anything other than deposit it in my running QT wallet and let it sit to stake?
kampretkabur

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 10:40:25 PM

Newbie to POS coins, do I have to do anything other than deposit it in my running QT wallet and let it sit to stake?

just wait for the coin to mature n find a block
ktfutura

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:30:07 PM

Yes, top address is mining and also staking.

http://gen.altexplorers.info:3011/address/GPCveRN2FRWCf7eG7osZFVS57RvYbNn3Dt

65.88% of coins.

Very centralized and dead.
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:42:19 PM

I hate to agree, I really do, but unless the top holder comes forward and either dumps or sells off about 70% of their holdings to a dozen or so other people, the future of the coin is grim. There's not much I, or any one else can do to stop it at this point.

Hopefully the holder does do something though, because unless they significantly reduce or redistribute their holdings to other people, then their coins wont be worth anything. I'm sorry to say, Genstake just can't survive with any single person holding over 50% of the coinbase.
kampretkabur

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:44:31 PM

should put some buy orders to be dumped then LOL
kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 11:45:46 PM

did this coin hits any of the exchange yet

ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:52:04 PM

For what it's worth, I believe this is a direct result of the fork issue. For a few hours yesterday when the pools forked away, there were many people, about 10 or so, myself included, that remained connected to the primary nodes and were staking fine. Everyone on that 'staking' fork lost a huge number of coins when I dropped that fork and connected to the fork that the miners were on. It's possible, if not probable, that the only way a staker could have remained connected to that mining fork was if they were also actively mining themselves - and kept all their coins, gaining a significant advantage compared to those that lost their coins, when I connected us to that fork.

It's hard to say since the block explorer we have only shows the last 20 transactions in an address history. But that's what I suspect. Not that it makes much difference now.
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:53:33 PM

did this coin hits any of the exchange yet

A small new one. I don't know how trustworthy it is yet, it's still unproven as far as I'm concerned.

https://cryptotrade.exchange/trade/GEN/BTC
ThinkingOutLoud (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:09:07 AM

That's interesting. I've been noticing small sends coming off of it. Like this one:

http://gen.altexplorers.info:3011/tx/45e92e504ec76353ee4a8576497d8a08182d2484169a5f584a06e07e4d436e3c

Are one of the pools staking?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: