Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 06:25:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mandela Effect  (Read 16167 times)
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:26:59 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2017, 02:06:58 PM by notbatman

edit:

"The Mandela Effect is a theory put forth term coined by writer and “paranormal consultant” Fiona Broome ..." -- Google

OP:

Berenstæin Bears

ayesha201006

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:37:07 PM

I think it is spelled not like that.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1840
Merit: 2861

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 02:44:49 PM

Its spelled Berenstein... wtf is going on?

Trifixion713

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:04:32 PM

It was definitely Berenstein...wtf?!!!
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:50:01 PM

This is like the Simpson's episode where Homer travels through various strange parallel universes. In the final scene he thinks he's made it back home to his universe until he sees the rest of the family has forked tongues. Homer's response is "Bah, close enough". LOL
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:34:49 AM

Looks like there's a website devoted to this.  Huh
http://mandelaeffect.com/major-memories

here's a few changes I see listed that I've been subjected to:

Berenstein Bears.
Mandella died in prison.
Chartreuse is a reddish color.
52 states in the USA.
"Jiffy" peanut butter.

The site mentions PS1 games that no longer exist but they don't list any names.  Angry  I'm curious now what's gone and what's been added, there could be "new" old games out there.  Cheesy

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 09:04:02 PM
Last edit: June 04, 2015, 10:19:34 PM by Gleb Gamow

Berenstein Bears.
Mandella died in prison.
52 states in the USA.
"Jiffy" peanut butter.

The site mentions PS1 games that no longer exist but they don't list any names.  Angry  I'm curious now what's gone and what's been added, there could be "new" old games out there.  Cheesy

WOW! http://mandelaeffect.com/51-52-united-states

Last month I recall reading a post by Vod claiming that he's goin' to sale sail the east coast of the US. Now, it's the west coast.

Edit: I thought I wrote sail.

Is it possible that The Mandela Effect is growing exponentially?
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 01:50:19 AM

I always thought it was the Bear-stein bears.  Undecided

notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:25:50 AM
Last edit: June 05, 2015, 03:24:10 AM by notbatman

I'm probably just confusing DC and Puerto Rico for states but Jiffy Peanut Butter is clear as day, in fact I can remember commenting to somebody years ago after seeing a tub of "Jif".

EDIT:

On a side note Smuker's has donated half a million dollars to fight GMO labeling.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 05:33:34 AM

Berenstein Bears.
Mandella died in prison.
52 states in the USA.
"Jiffy" peanut butter.

WOW! http://mandelaeffect.com/51-52-united-states

Last month I recall reading a post by Vod claiming that he's goin' to sale sail the east coast of the US. Now, it's the west coast.

Edit: I thought I wrote sail.

Is it possible that The Mandela Effect is growing exponentially?

IMO it's in your best interest to forget about Hawaii and Florida, 50 states is a nice round number.
xmaxbit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 06:54:31 AM

The youtubevideo posted above shows the spelling as  - Story by stan and jan Berenstain  and not Berenstein.
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 08:41:44 AM

The youtubevideo posted above shows the spelling as  - Story by stan and jan Berenstain  and not Berenstein.

The fact that the bear-n-stein bears are now the burn-stain bears is a reality I'll just have to accept.  Undecided
notbatman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 11:15:32 AM

Mrs Buttersworth syrup is now Mrs Butterworth’s.

For the love of pancakes I can assure you this memory is firmly entrenched.
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:41:10 PM

Funny how this misspelling is extremely close to the the original, it's almost as though people have been misreading the name for years, and and then when the name appears in in a context where it is read and examined closely, the mistake is is noticed. It would be more compelling if the name had been changed drastically, for instance if if half the population thought Hamlet was a lesbian cyberpunk romance written by the famous playwright Megatron.

Now read my post again, this time more carefully. There are 5, did you spot them all?

Wink
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:14:32 PM

Funny how this misspelling is extremely close to the the original, it's almost as though people have been misreading the name for years, and and then when the name appears in in a context where it is read and examined closely, the mistake is is noticed. It would be more compelling if the name had been changed drastically, for instance if if half the population thought Hamlet was a lesbian cyberpunk romance written by the famous playwright Megatron.

Now read my post again, this time more carefully. There are 5, did you spot them all?

Wink

5? Yes, now, but I only caught the "is is" during the first read-through, perhaps because it resembles ISIS that's recently in the news.

I remember in school writing before as befor and today as to-day, per teacher's instructions.
KryptonS

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 11:50:09 PM

I loved this show as a kid, always used to remember waking up and watching this  Grin

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:57:00 PM

Wink

5? Yes, now, but I only caught the "is is" during the first read-through, perhaps because it resembles ISIS that's recently in the news.

I remember in school writing before as befor and today as to-day, per teacher's instructions.

Haha I had some dumb teachers too. A geography teacher once told us that the tide comes in in the day and goes out at night. No word of a lie.

But yeah, what I was trying to show is that what we read/see/hear is an interpretation, not fact. And memories themselves are not concrete, they can be twisted and changed by our brain.

Occam's Razor applies here: If someone thinks that peanut butter used to be called Jiffy but now it's called Jif, they're probably remembering it wrong.

For those that are interested I just found a sub-reddit about this shit: http://www.reddit.com/r/MandelaEffect/

Have fun you mentalists.  Grin
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 04:58:36 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2015, 05:12:51 PM by MakingMoneyHoney

It's Berenstein Bears. Otherwise, I would have been calling them Berenstain (like a stain in the carpet).... Weird stuff indeed.

Edit: Looking at http://mandelaeffect.com/major-memories I see a few things, that I remember differently. One being "Definitely or definately? Apparently, it’s the most misspelled word in the English language, but where did “definately” come from and why do people remember being taught that spelling in school…?"

I have complained and complained and complained about this word, every time I go to type it out, it comes out the "wrong" way and I have had a heck of a time getting me to type it on "correctly." That can be a motor memory thing that would not change... this is so weird.
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:20:09 PM

Pretty sure it was Gummi bears Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJmWyZlW2sE
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:40:21 PM

I'm still reading up on this stuff. I wonder if it's a real thing, this timeline switching, if it has anything to do with why I get these really big feelings of deja vu. I mean I can remember specific experiences (when I'm in the moment) where at least 2 or 3 things are lining up to be the same situation, and I feel like I already did them.

Such as being at the computer, talking to someone on the phone, reading something on the computer, and something weird happening, like a response that shouldn't have happened. It's hard to explain, but I've had this sort of deja vu moment in particular at least 3 times so far, though one I was in another state at the time, so the location isn't always the same. I've had other deja vu moments before, but they usually last only a second. This one, since I pay attention (because of multiple things causing it at the same time) lasts for about 15 seconds maybe as I roll through all the things that lines up to cause the deja vu.

Do we even have a scientific explanation for deja vu yet?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: