Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:36:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is in deep trouble. Litecoin to take its place soon.  (Read 9225 times)
forlackofabettername (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 06:26:02 PM

The thing is: people will not be bullied into Gavincoin by abusive behaviour like Gavin shows (http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/34155307/)

People aren't forced to buy Gavincoin or even Bitcoin, they can choose what coin they like.

All that still supports Gavincoin is the hashrate and your shilling.
Both can be gone in a day when people decide en masse to buy the other coin instead of Bitcoin (sell their Bitcoin for the other coin).
Hashrate of the other popular coin will then rise naturally and when that ideally does not support Sha miners you sick fucks can't even attack it.

So really Bitcoin/Gavincoin greatly relies on demand and i think after Gavins' statement demand just took a big hit and is about to migrate to a variety of alts which eventually in a few years time come out on top if Gavin is for any prolonged time still allowed to continue his misconducts.

Why would people support a coin that has a dev that behaves like a dictator and causes trouble all the time? Answer: they won't do that.

You've got a PR problem there with your Bitcoin and its developer now which automatically transaltes to a problem with waning  demand if it keeps persisting.

Just telling you the truth. Your hashrate won't protect you. Hashrate is tied to price (and thus to demand) and is in itself wildly volatile.

Demand collapses, price collapses, hashrate collapses ... you're done. Thanks to Gavin.

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud"
  -- Nassim Taleb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:06:52 PM

My opinion on litecoin is pretty bullish in the short term (next couple of months) and have my fair share of it but I'm gonna write off bitcoin anytime soon like the OP.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:14:23 PM

My opinion on litecoin is pretty bullish in the short term (next couple of months) and have my fair share of it but I'm gonna write off bitcoin anytime soon like the OP.

mind to explain why you are bullish on litecoin? altcoin investments and gambling is the same. writing off bitcoin makes you look like a die hard bear.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 07:43:59 PM

mind to explain why you are bullish on litecoin? altcoin investments and gambling is the same. writing off bitcoin makes you look like a die hard bear.
Perhaps I misspoke a little. Firstly, I'm of the opinion that some interesting price actions are on the horizon w/ bitcoin sometime towards the end of summer/start of fall and I think litecoin is about to do something big to correspond to that. I'm merely holding a portion of my stash in litecoin to convert them back to bitcoin once the move does its thing. We'll see if I'm wrong but clearly something has been going on w/ litecoin atm.
Gibbs187x

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Moon

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 10:28:18 PM

someone told me that us dollar gonna collapse and that silver is gonna pass gold

waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:32:09 AM

someone told me that us dollar gonna collapse and that silver is gonna pass gold

I would believe that dollar would collapse but i don't think that silver would surpass gold that easily.. gold has so many uses and the price is being manipulated by the banks
sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:59:11 AM

I'm sorry, but litecoin has seen its better days. Some people call litecoin "silver" to Bitcoins "gold", but I disagree. I think Bitcoin is like "Apple" and litecoin is like "Dell". Dell was once an industry leader, but they didn't really do anything that couldn't be easily copied. Now they lost their dominance and will soon be struggling to survive. In the same way, litecoin didn't have anything that's not easily copied, so they lost their edge and will eventually be struggling to survive.

If Bitcoin ever gones down, it definately won't be litecoin who takes over.

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:27:56 AM

It is impossible that silver passes gold.

There are much more silver around, and more demand for gold too
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:42:28 AM

Entirely possible... when you are in the know ... 
waterpile

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:54:24 AM

Perhaps I misspoke a little. Firstly, I'm of the opinion that some interesting price actions are on the horizon w/ bitcoin sometime towards the end of summer/start of fall and I think litecoin is about to do something big to correspond to that. I'm merely holding a portion of my stash in litecoin to convert them back to bitcoin once the move does its thing. We'll see if I'm wrong but clearly something has been going on w/ litecoin atm.

Can you please tell me whats that big thing gonna happen? The Devs of litecoin already abandoned the coin and without them the progress and development hindered.. Face it there is no future for LTC
balu2

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 01:58:37 AM

The Devs of litecoin already abandoned the coin and without them the progress and development hindered.. Face it there is no future for LTC

lol, complete BS
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:00:37 AM

Can you please tell me whats that big thing gonna happen? The Devs of litecoin already abandoned the coin and without them the progress and development hindered.. Face it there is no future for LTC

Butthurt Bitcoin bagholder detected  Grin

AceWallen

Activity: 479

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:04:19 AM

bitcoin isn't in the greatest place at the moment.... could go either way. could have a final shakeout, or maybe get a nice rally from here. the sideways can continue a while but not forever. but LTC? lol.... good luck with that.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:09:43 AM

bitcoin isn't in the greatest place at the moment.... could go either way. could have a final shakeout, or maybe get a nice rally from here. the sideways can continue a while but not forever. but LTC? lol.... good luck with that.

Volume only consistantly in the millions of dollars ... this place is such a bitcoin shillfest it's not even funny. Bitcoiners basically hate on everything that's not their bagholder coin and exactly that will be the downfall of it. Every altcoin with such a toxic community would have failed miserably already.

waterpile

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:21:34 AM

The Devs of litecoin already abandoned the coin and without them the progress and development hindered.. Face it there is no future for LTC

lol, complete BS

Complete BS? Then please state their latest development going on?

Butthurt Bitcoin bagholder detected  Grin

man, I don't even bag hold my coins i turn them into altcoins or fiat..
AceWallen

Activity: 479

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:23:21 AM

Volume only consistantly in the millions of dollars ... this place is such a bitcoin shillfest it's not even funny. Bitcoiners basically hate on everything that's not their bagholder coin and exactly that will be the downfall of it. Every altcoin with such a toxic community would have failed miserably already.

good luck to any altcoin at this point. they are completely irrelevant, and are dependent on bitcoin's success pretty much. not interested in altcoins at all. willing to risk a bit on bitcoin, but most of my money is in stocks and real estate. altcoins? LOL
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:27:48 AM

Exactly other way around. Alts going mainstream and btc not so much. Just accept it, that's the reality.
People demand alts if you like it or not.
Your shilling doesn't create reality. Peoples' demand creates the reality in crypto. Doge has better chances of going mainstream than btc has just because people prefer that brand.

This is my favourite thread on the forum. Cheesy

me too..thou I'm a bit bipolar in that i have significant amounts in both coins (btc and ltc) ...er conflicted....but I figure LTC will keep enough value to BTC for me to keep such.

I do like the fact of this thread stating the following

"Bitcoin is in deep trouble. LItecoin to replace it soon"

You don't really see such 'statements' that clear anymore in the real world...you know precisely where the OP is going with this....using his force of will to "Make it so" in ST:TNG parlance.....bold/decisive/deluded (er huh?)..irregardless it is very refreshing such a clear cut thread on OP's intent.....you know exactly where everything stands in black and white.

As such (in case this is a magical genie forum) I propose my own force of will against the universe and bending it to my 'will" in honor of this threads unicorn and rainbow version of the universe...ahem.....

"Hollywood Actress Evangeline Lily  in deep trouble. Seeks solace with Searing as "Lifemate Boy Toy" (see TMZ website soon!)

there ....about the same odds as LTC replacing BTC.....and it made me feel just 'spiffy' seeing the above in print! Smiley

dare to dream!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
balu2

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:32:38 AM

What has been the latest developement in fiat money? ... or silver/gold ?

You, sir are a Neophiliac with no sense for the nature or mechanisms of money - that's also why you don't make any. (nothing personal but money doesn't need developement - money needs security, resilience and in this case also a good distribution and decentralisation. "Developement" is overrated. There was no significant developement since Satoshi launched Bitcoin.)
balu2

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:55:54 AM

Litecoin is gonna moon and you're gonna hatin. Sucks to be you.

waterpile

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 03:00:15 AM

What has been the latest developement in fiat money? ... or silver/gold ?

You, sir are a Neophiliac with no sense for the nature or mechanisms of money - that's also why you don't make any. (nothing personal but money doesn't need developement - money needs security, resilience and in this case also a good distribution and decentralisation. "Developement" is overrated. There was no significant developement since Satoshi launched Bitcoin.)

Now, I call this a complete BS Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: