Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:36:10 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is in deep trouble. Litecoin to take its place soon.  (Read 9227 times)
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:06:31 AM

Bitcoin is a troubled and risky coin now. Gavin does not give up with his hardfork efforts despite veto from all sides.
Better dump for LTC as long as you can still get decent prices.

You have been warned.

Have not you read darilada famous thread. Do i have to link you there?

There is just one new thread started that all copies of Bitcoins are dead because of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1085215.msg11573004#msg11573004
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:45:19 PM

Wait why would a main coin go down before a alt coin.

It makes no sense to me, because if so the alt coin would go down with it.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:41:42 PM

Unless the alt was able to get itself a market and was able to have a direct exchange whether its buy/sell fiat. Some people believe including me that there will be a coin that can surpass bitcoin.. it may be not now, next month, next year, etc.
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:41:54 AM

If bitcoin were to go down, I`d probably take my chances back to gold.

Or a gold etf since it shows that if a main coin can fail, why bother invest in another version of it right.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:27:46 AM

Unless the alt was able to get itself a market and was able to have a direct exchange whether its buy/sell fiat. Some people believe including me that there will be a coin that can surpass bitcoin.. it may be not now, next month, next year, etc.

there is a better probability that bitcoin will surpass itself instead of another random coin surpassing it, i see it as that and i think it make more sense

bitcoin is not even completed, so the chance to have a better bitcoin with better function is basically guaranteed
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 03:55:20 PM

there is a better probability that bitcoin will surpass itself instead of another random coin surpassing it, i see it as that and i think it make more sense

bitcoin is not even completed, so the chance to have a better bitcoin with better function is basically guaranteed

Bitcoin will never be completed. That's the beauty of open-source, everything important will be implemented when needed. Those who think altcoins will have any chance..... Keep dreaming.
ammy009

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2015, 06:52:11 PM

Litecoin crashed from $48 to $0.92

98% price fall .......

Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:51:30 AM

there is a better probability that bitcoin will surpass itself

Amph now lost his sanity.
Amph, man, your position is too large for you! Get fiat, alts or whatever. Too much on one horse, man!

Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 01:52:21 AM

98% price fall .......

That means now potential for 50x and more gains.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:31:13 AM

98% price fall .......

that puts forth a different question.....IF Litecoin survives and you treat it like land or a stock....it most likely WILL EVENTUALLY get to the former high price it once was...
it may take 10 months or 10+ years....again on the thought that it continues to EXIST

so it all comes down to .do you think LTC is a viable candidate even at its current at say a modest  0.006 LTC or so to BTC and will toddle along into the future?

you can make the same bet/guess with BTC

IF ALL crypto is just a speculative bubble in your or others views....and we are just playing in the margins ..in that bubble till it pops that is another view

But again you have to consider....LTC as an ALT to BTC has survived up to this point and my bet (not that I know squat I at one time drank the BFL kool aid
as a newbie so keep that in mind) is that if blockchain and other apps are made for BTC they also will be made for LTC imho....if for no other reason then
some folk don't like BTC and its top heavy whales...

so thus the bet ..if LTC survives ..say 10 years + ..these questions will all be moot ..if LTC and/or BTC don't survive we will have a good laugh like the wave
of Chinchilla ranchers (bsmt cages) of the 60's .....folk getting a good laugh in the assisted living homes as we speak....ya gotta admit all this is interesting
as heck and not boring ...

Also remember it is not WHAT you paid imho on what you got into crypto at ..either LTC or BTC ...it is WHEN you got into crypto..again either into btc or ltc that is important

assuming the crypto universe survives along my long term 10+ year projection.....and if BTC does survive my bet is (again note above BFL kool aid disclaimer) I can easily see LTC as an alternative blockchain for apps and value at 0.006 LTC to BTC and above ...merrily mucking behind in BTC's wake so to speak..and in that I'm mining I can live with 0.006 LTC to BTC just fine ...assuming the usual...applying this supposition to BTC of back at 1000 usd that would mean LTC would be $6 bucks at the 0.006 LTC to BTC rate ...I would expect it to be closer to 10 bucks ...or more as an alternative to BTC at that rate or higher however...again this is all imho.

so you roll the dice and see how it goes Smiley

so as to this thread LTC to take BTC in its place....anything is possible....but I don't see the alternative of LTC just going away as an alternative..if it was all btc all the time alt
coins imho would have never pop'd up in the first place and would certainly not have had such a dramtic rise like the last run up to 40-50 bucks on the BTC high

anyway....we will see how this all shakes out soon enough...and I myself expect another bubble up with BTC and LTC in BTC's wake just to further befuddle me
in the near future

anyway my 2 satoshi's worth

assumption that prices will rise over time/use of crypto

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 07:55:52 AM

98% price fall .......

that puts forth a different question.....IF Litecoin survives and you treat it like land or a stock....it most likely WILL EVENTUALLY get to the former high price it once was...
it may take 10 months or 10+ years....again on the thought that it continues to EXIST

so it all comes down to .do you think LTC is a viable candidate even at its current at say a modest  0.006 LTC or so to BTC and will toddle along into the future?

IF ALL crypto is just a speculative bubble in your or others views....and we are just playing in the margins ..in that bubble till it pops that is another view

But again you have to consider....LTC as an ALT to BTC has survived up to this point and my bet (not that I know squat I at one time drank the BFL kool aid
as a newbie so keep that in mind) is that if blockchain and other apps are made for BTC they also will be made for LTC imho....if for no other reason then

so thus the bet ..if LTC survives ..say 10 years + ..these questions will all be moot ..if LTC and/or BTC don't survive we will have a good laugh like the wave
of Chinchilla ranchers (bsmt cages) of the 60's .....folk getting a good laugh in the assisted living homes as we speak....ya gotta admit all this is interesting

Also remember it is not WHAT you paid imho on what you got into crypto at ..either LTC or BTC ...it is WHEN you got into crypto..again either into btc or ltc that is important

assuming the crypto universe survives along my long term 10+ year projection.....and if BTC does survive my bet is (again note above BFL kool aid disclaimer) I can easily see LTC as an alternative blockchain for apps and value at 0.006 LTC to BTC and above ...merrily mucking behind in BTC's wake so to speak..and in that I'm mining I can live with 0.006 LTC to BTC just fine ...assuming the usual...applying this supposition to BTC of back at 1000 usd that would mean LTC would be $6 bucks at the 0.006 LTC to BTC rate ...I would expect it to be closer to 10 bucks ...or more as an alternative to BTC at that rate or higher however...again this is all imho.

so as to this thread LTC to take BTC in its place....anything is possible....but I don't see the alternative of LTC just going away as an alternative..if it was all btc all the time alt
coins imho would have never pop'd up in the first place and would certainly not have had such a dramtic rise like the last run up to 40-50 bucks on the BTC high

anyway....we will see how this all shakes out soon enough...and I myself expect another bubble up with BTC and LTC in BTC's wake just to further befuddle me
in the near future

You had me at basement chinchilla cages...
phoenix1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:28:06 AM

blah ...<snip> the wave of Chinchilla ranchers (bsmt cages) of the 60's <snip> ... blah

WOW! You got that far !! I thought you were joking, but no, it's in there  Cheesy

"Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"  - Confucius (China 551BC-479 BC)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:01:58 AM

98% price fall .......

just lol. if you really believe this you should invest in litecoin asap. it's only not going to happen. current litecoin price is more than fair. dreamers keep dreaming.
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:47:01 AM

98% price fall .......

just lol. if you really believe this you should invest in litecoin asap. it's only not going to happen. current litecoin price is more than fair. dreamers keep dreaming.

You have been trolled, never ever feed the trolls.. You have let them accomplished for what they have come for..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 12:20:01 PM

there is a better probability that bitcoin will surpass itself

Amph now lost his sanity.
Amph, man, your position is too large for you! Get fiat, alts or whatever. Too much on one horse, man!

i was heavily in many altcoin, but they were only useful to increase your bitcoin stash, now they are not even that good for that aspect, so i left that shit behind

but i was not joking, what i mean is that a better version of bitcoin is much more probable to happen, than having a random clone of bitcoin, that could overcome bitcoin itself and its network(not gonna happen, no altcoin is even close to the network power of bitcoin)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:57:54 AM

98% price fall .......

in the near future

its true was all the rage in the midwest with farmer kids....the 60's don't ya know ...but then they are sooooo cute ...so the market went away ...with chinchilla coats and hippies and fashion etc.......the 60's equiv of 'crypto' among the youth (in my generation hobbies for money were state fair/hogs/beef/poultry etc....that you killed for profit ...no wonder you have nothing in common with your parents..... and they don't get this crypto stuff) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:47:42 PM

Or a gold etf since it shows that if a main coin can fail, why bother invest in another version of it right.
you are not alone. many people will leave crypto behind
although I find it highly unlikely but if bitcoin were to go down, I will not look for a substitute for it, I will gather my losses and head over to a better investment.

Only Bitcoin
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:55:45 PM

you are not alone. many people will leave crypto behind
although I find it highly unlikely but if bitcoin were to go down, I will not look for a substitute for it, I will gather my losses and head over to a better investment.

hold bitcoin for at least 2 years. don't look back. if after that time still nothing happened, sell everything and leave crypto coins for ever.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:39:01 AM

It's quite possible that the incoming halving is already included in todays pricetag. I wouldn't be surprised if the price never goes above 2$.
The fact that op even compares btc and ltc is dark humor at best. My advice is to ignore the people that bought into this coin now. (which primary purpose was to be anti ASIC, ha!)

Bitcoin is not in trouble, there are two options that may happen afaik:
-Bitcoin xt gets needed 90%, and the switch happens. The rest of the network switches within 24hours, excluding few renegades who switch after they realize noone will accept transactions on their fork
-Bitcoin stays the way it was; nothing changes

cheers
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 04:22:37 AM

If bitcoin ever fails, I don't see any other alternative at this moment worth taking over its place. People would have lost trust on alternate currency as a whole and it doesn't matter if the next has major improvement over the other. Just accept the fact, every alternative right now is using bitcoin as a benchmark for their price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: