Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:21:30 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is in deep trouble. Litecoin to take its place soon.  (Read 9227 times)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:55:17 PM

Damn, sold too soon yet made some on the peercoin pump or whatever it's supposed to be called. Something strange indeed is happening in cryptoworld. This summer/fall is likely to make many people wealthy if they have the right stuff in their bags.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:09:59 PM

Why anyone would purchase Litecoin to hedge against the 1 MB blocksize limit issue in Bitcoin is beyond me. Litecoin has a similar fixed blocksize problem as Bitcoin. Furthermore if I suspect the 1 MB limit in Bitcoin is resolved it will still remain in Litecoin. To me, if one is looking to alt-coins to hedge against the 1 MB blocksize limit issue in Bitcoin, I would start with those alt-coins that to not have a fixed blocksize limit baked into the protocol and have adaptive blocksize limits instead. This is what led me to Monero.

You still don't get it that the opposite of what you think is the case. People buying not alts because BTC blocks are too small, they buy alts because 1MB blocksize is just fine and consensus is worth more than that.
Gavincoin does not have its priorities right. A controversial hardfork creates a serious need for a hedge.

Litecoins' network consensus is not threatened like that of BTC.
With a threatened network consensus BTC is over value.

Yes, of course. if one belives that the 1 MB blocksize limit is good for Bitcoin and should remain in place for ever, then one should hedge against a possible fork in Bitcoin to increase the blocksize. In this situation Litecoin is a very good choice. Furthermore one should stay well away from a coin with adaptive blocksize limits such as Monero.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
evenlydistributingfuture

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:40:29 PM

Bitcoin is far from being in deep trouble. Litecoin is not likely to replace it. And if Litecoin does, that's almost like a kind of patricide.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:48:15 PM

Bitcoin is far from being in deep trouble. Litecoin is not likely to replace it. And if Litecoin does, that's almost like a kind of patricide.

It's called "black swan event", dumbo.

We just accidentally pump LTC to 1 bln cap before BTC gets dumped to half that cap. Consecutively LTC rises further, everyone migrates to 'Litecointalk' and this forum is renamed 'Gavincointalk' and that'll be the end of the story.

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:25:21 PM

We just accidentally pump LTC to 1 bln cap before BTC gets dumped to half that cap. Consecutively LTC rises further, everyone migrates to 'Litecointalk' and this forum is renamed 'Gavincointalk' and that'll be the end of the story.

Or there is a resolution of the 1 MB problem in Bitcoin with an increase in the blocksize limit and some sort of allowance for further increases in the future. Bitcoin booms and those alts that have a fixed blocksize limit get dumped into oblivion, starting of course with Litecoin.

Edit: I have nothing against Litecoin, but seriously the Litecoin community has had ample time to show some innovation and deal with this issue. This has been going on in Bitcoin since 2010 long before Litecoin even existed.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
Auxi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:26:16 PM

35% profit vs 5% profit...
LTC wins  Roll Eyes
Pecunia non olet

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:30:30 PM

Or there is a resolution of the 1 MB problem in Bitcoin with an increase in the blocksize limit and some sort of allowance for further increases in the future. Bitcoin booms and those alts that have a fixed blocksize limit get dumped into oblivion, starting of course with Litecoin.

Edit: I have nothing against Litecoin, but seriously the Litecoin community has had ample time to show some innovation and deal with this issue. This has been going on in Bitcoin since 2010 long before Litecoin even existed.

Unlikely. A meltdown in btc marketcap leading up to the fork event can be expected. The thing is pretty much irreversible already. The clock is ticking for BTC suicide and there is nothing anyone can do about it. People are jumping ships which is the only rational thing to do.
This LTC pump is just leading up to a much larger pump. Deniers like you will be the ones buying at the top.  Smiley

Even if Gavincoin doesn't take hold and is dismissed by the community it still keeps lurking in the shadow and will put investors in unease. So btc is really tarnished now.

Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:33:35 PM

Anybody know the ltc volume over the last 24 hours?  The ask side order book on btce is only $148k.  Seems like there is no liquidity in the ltc market.  Doesn't take much to move it.  Bid side is only $38k.
nrd525
Legendary

Activity: 1867
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:35:38 PM

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/

Digital Gold for Gamblers and True Believers
Pecunia non olet

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:36:14 PM

Anybody know the ltc volume over the last 24 hours?  The ask side order book on btce is only $148k.  Seems like there is no liquidity in the ltc market.  Doesn't take much to move it.  Bid side is only $38k.

Markets are really thin in both directions.
24h volume: 10 million $
25% of btc volume

Just getting started. Coming weeks will be lots of action.

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:41:32 PM

Unlikely. A meltdown in btc marketcap leading up to the fork event can be expected. The thing is pretty much irreversible already. The clock is ticking for BTC suicide and there is nothing anyone can do about it. People are jumping ships which is the only rational thing to do.
This LTC pump is just leading up to a much larger pump. Deniers like you will be the ones buying at the top.  Smiley

Even if Gavincoin doesn't take hold and is dismissed by the community it still keeps lurking in the shadow and will put investors in unease. So btc is really tarnished now.

A meltdown in Bitcoin is possible, though unlikely, over the 1 MB blocksize limit. In that scenario I am betting on Monero (adaptive blocksize limits, thereby solving the problem) over Litecoin (fixed blocksize limits thereby pushing the problem into the future).  

Edit: I am in this for the long term after following this issue for over 3 years already.

JerryCurlzzz

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:58:05 PM

LTC wins  Roll Eyes

Yeah, LTC has been a hell of a ride. I was ready to kick myself for buying around $2, could have been the top.... but the trade is looking pretty good right now. Cheesy I'm gonna just keep rolling my stops up, not gonna leave all this profit on the table.
Pecunia non olet

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:04:02 AM

A meltdown in Bitcoin is possible, though unlikely, over the 1 MB blocksize limit. In that scenario I am betting on Monero (adaptive blocksize limits, thereby solving the problem) over Litecoin (fixed blocksize limits thereby pushing the problem into the future).  

Edit: I am in this for the long term after following this issue for over 3 years already.

This is not about blocksize. It's about network consensus.

ArticMine
Legendary

Monero Core Team

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:05:46 AM

... but Bitcoin was already forked in 2010 to create the 1 MB blocksize limit in the first place.

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:15:58 AM

Looks like my buy back in wasn't foolish afterall. Damn, over $3 a coin seems unreal after seeing $1.70s for so long. This is gonna be gentleman. Cheesy
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:59:58 AM

... but Bitcoin was already forked in 2010 to create the 1 MB blocksize limit in the first place.

the network consensu was a joke back then right? the miners basically were few guys running in solo mode their client

basically they a little forced to accept any new upgrade, that could even slightly benefit bitcoin
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:00:46 AM

Looks like my buy back in wasn't foolish afterall. Damn, over $3 a coin seems unreal after seeing $1.70s for so long. This is gonna be gentleman. Cheesy

well I"m 2/3 the way back with elec and cost of miners (titan(s) 1 orig price ouch new and 1 used at great price)

so go baby go I'm holding but it is looking just dandy on paper anyway...might just get out of this scrypt miner hole yet and ROI with electric Smiley

(have just ROI'd on all my equipment with this price jump considerably counting original BTC miner and the current (last) scrypt 2 titan home miners)

again on paper (holding) glad I resisted mining LTC to BTC direct at the 1.50 plus prices more or less........

as to my other questions of keep/hold/spend etc that is a different set of choices I'm putting off for now

fun times would be nice to see 10 buck LTC and then some more folk besides sfards jump in on pow scrypt miners (likely 6 plus month to get them out)

would be a nice little return to the GPU miner days imho .but price will have to be again ....imho and assuming the OP is not wrong and litecoin is dead

I figure we need 5 buck coin for such scrypt miner projects data hall or home or otherwise to perk up and fire up

exciting if scary times Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:12:47 AM

LTC wins  Roll Eyes

Litecoin is defo the better coin to trade, i wonder if some of the recent spikes have anything to do with blocksize commotion or just the usual litecoin going up 5 times what BTC does Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:26:29 AM

LTC wins  Roll Eyes

Litecoin is defo the better coin to trade, i wonder if some of the recent spikes have anything to do with blocksize commotion or just the usual litecoin going up 5 times what BTC does Smiley

I'd say so....in my view if you can/will make sidechains and apps for Bitcoin you likely will do the same for Litecoin.....in that litecoin is what 4x faster..the dev is known
less drama ...less of a bad rep...etc

I have no issues with LTC as long as it stays linked with BTC at or above 0.006 LTC to BTC (currently above 0.01 LTC to BTC) in that I mine yet ..till my titan(s) achieve
the sweet release of 'doorstop' status Smiley

but yeah at the price point of say 1c to btc's 1 usd I can see LTC sticking around or so my bet is (holding the LTC I mine..as of yesterday ..on paper anyway ..this looked like a very very smart move on my part.....2.91 LTC is much much nicer then 1.86 LTC don' t ya know if you are hoarding LTC like myself)  Smiley

so it goes as usual will be the first to know I guess ..usually in the manner of a punch to the gut...or a pat on the back ..you never know which with crypto Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Amadues

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:25:21 AM

Someone buy and sell LTC at yobit exchange at really impressive value (and volume!)
take a look here: https://yobit.net/en/trade/LTC/BTC
1 LTC = 0,08 BTC
 Grin Grin

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄