Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:44:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MATTHEW FIRED FROM BITCOIN MAGAZINE  (Read 7337 times)
Andrew Bitcoiner (OP)

Activity: 396
Merit: 250

Send correspondance to GPG key A372E7C6

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 01:54:49 AM

http://bitcoinmagazine.net/announcement/

Excellent, I love that this is a "resignation"!

MAKE MONEY! ADVERTISE FOR BITCOINS http://www.bitcoinadvertising.com
Bitcoin News Site http://coinbits.com
Bitcoin Blackjack http://bitjack21.com
Bitcoin, Darknet, IT consulting http://cryptophene.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:56:32 AM

Cool. Let me know when they announce that he has 0 stake and gains nothing from the sale & promotion of their magazine.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:57:25 AM

I retract my former statement "to hell with your magazine." Smiley

London is gonna be awkward.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:59:10 AM

Well, whether he was fired or he actually did resign, leaving BTC magazine was the best choice.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:02:07 AM

London was always going to be awkward because Patrick Strateman doesn't have the grace to withdraw as a guest speaker.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:08:51 AM

Cool. Let me know when they announce that he has 0 stake and gains nothing from the sale & promotion of their magazine.

^This.  If he is still profiting, I'm not buying.
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:19:59 AM

There's no way he's going to London if he's got an ounce of brain in his head.  Theres 117 people that are victims of a welching bettor, 58 of them over $1,000.00.  No doubt someone in that list is crazy enough to take a crack at him.

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:23:25 AM

There's no way he's going to London if he's got an ounce of brain in his head.  Theres 117 people that are victims of a welching bettor, 58 of them over $1,000.00.  No doubt someone in that list is crazy enough to take a crack at him.

Then get arrested for felony assault, likely in a foreign country. Yah, great idea.
Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 02:25:35 AM

+1

MagnaGen

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:29:55 AM

Matt:

When will the next issue of HorseHeads weekly come out?
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 02:31:45 AM

And I'm ordering three more issues.
oldschool

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:35:11 AM

^This.  If he is still profiting, I'm not buying.

As a newcomer to bitcoins, I found this magazine and had been checking it out over the last week, in anticipation of buying a subscription, I second this statement and will never think about purchasing or even visiting the site again until I hear he has 0% of the profit of the company.

I don't think his action did anything but cause trouble in the bitcoin community and did nothing but tarnish bitcoins reputation.  It just makes other newcomers think that its full of scams and lies.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 02:36:27 AM

London was always going to be awkward because Patrick Strateman doesn't have the grace to withdraw as a guest speaker.

The whole thing needs to be live streamed in all its awkward glory.

Jerry Springer style.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:56:57 AM

Looks like the thugs in charge have stomped their little jackboots. Nice job on trashing the only voice that your little magazine had that did any good for promoting itself. Matthew is a character. Always has been, and if played true to the cards he's showing, he always will be. Anyone who took this bet seriously is a prize ass, and deserving of public humiliation. Coming on the heels of Bitscalper, Bitcoinica and pirate, it was only fitting that somebody call attention to the absolute pathetic lemming-like devotion to believing pure bullshit that has become the hallmark of bitcoin.

Hey kids? There is no free lunch. You cannot sustain 7% weekly returns. There is no economic perpetual motion money making machine that pulls bitcoins out of your ass for your amusement. Matthew's big crime was poking fun at you about it. Oh me oh my, what a terrible scoundrel he is. You have pirate raping your entire family to the tune of $5 million dollars, and you want to jump on the shit of the guy who poked a finger in your eye? Lame. You have the bitcoinica incompetents pissing in your drink and still being kowtowed to because they are going to be keynote speakers at this joke of a conference in London.

Get a fucking clue Bitcoin Community!!! Right the fuck now. All of these slick snake oil salesmen who have just invented the newest greatest thing that you should invest in are talking to you for one single reason only- to steal your funds. There is no altruistic tooth fairy that wants to make you rich, they all just want to make themselves rich. And you are the laziest, saddest bunch of fuck-toys I have ever seen. Somebody just fleeced your ass out of 500,000 bitcoins and your anger is directed towards the guy mocking you about it.

Stop thinking that bitcoin is some wunderkind techno anarchy tool that is going to change the definition of money. It is a slightly interesting alternate way to transact a very, very limited subset of transactions pretty much limited to the technically savvy. Unfortunately, it seems as if one of the first things that happens when you download the block chain is that you put your common sense on hold.

Oh, and Bitcoin Magazine? I ordered copies of the first three issues 6 weeks ago. Bought and paid for with PayPal. Where the fuck are they? Maybe a little more attention to fulfillment and a little less ass-kissing to the the gods of public opinion. You are starting to act like a couple of other well known fuck-ups of recent note in that your attention is on your ego, and not on your business model. Quit playing games and do your jobs.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 02:58:28 AM

good riddance

P.S: Matt no harsh feelings but you seriously did it to yourself...

I lost every last shred of respect (and it wasn't much to begin with) I had for you the minute you set that ludicrous bet.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 03:10:23 AM

Oh, and Bitcoin Magazine? I ordered copies of the first three issues 6 weeks ago. Bought and paid for with PayPal. Where the fuck are they?

You ordered Bitcoin magazines 6 weeks ago, from some internet company that really doesn't have any established reputation, and have yet to receive them?
Oh Boohoo! How terrible for you! I am SOOOOO sorry for your absolute pathetic lemming-like devotion to believing pure bullshit that has become the hallmark of bitcoin. Perhaps your ego that you are so eager to slather your posts with will assist in expediting your delivery  Roll Eyes
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:10:41 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if he did not show up at the conference.

The announcement talks about one of their other staff going to speak on behalf of Bitcoin Magazine.

Talk about career suicide.

All for what? "To teach us all a lesson"? Which we never got taught.

Hilarious... Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:17:35 AM

Oh, and Bitcoin Magazine? I ordered copies of the first three issues 6 weeks ago. Bought and paid for with PayPal. Where the fuck are they?

You ordered Bitcoin magazines 6 weeks ago, from some internet company that really doesn't have any established reputation, and have yet to receive them?
Oh Boohoo! How terrible for you! I am SOOOOO sorry for your absolute pathetic lemming-like devotion to believing pure bullshit that has become the hallmark of bitcoin. Perhaps your ego that you are so eager to slather your posts with will assist in expediting your delivery  Roll Eyes

Damn, I just hate it when the obvious sarcasm has to be explained. I was making an allegorical point about priorities. The Matthew issue is a cartoon sideshow, he punk'd the community and held up a mirror so they can see how foolish they look. Pretty smart PR work. My point being that the magazine kiddies should be focusing on the magazine, not playing executioner for the Court of Pissed-Off Bettors.

I only want the physical magazines so that I can have them slabbed and graded because they will surely be an historical oddity 20 years from now when "What was the short-lived magazine associated with bitcoin?" is the Final Jeopardy solution. It's a long term investment play, and probably the only place to actually make an honest satoshi in this den of third rate thieves, and first rate victims.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 03:23:11 AM

Sorry, your "obvious sarcasm" sounded like "egotistical trolling by someone who didn't even read what the initial bet post was about."
Good luck in your Magazine investments. Did you know only 21million copies will ever be produced?
thezerg
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 03:26:00 AM

Looks like the thugs in charge have stomped their little jackboots. Nice job on trashing the only voice that your little magazine had that did any good for promoting itself. Matthew is a character. Always has been, and if played true to the cards he's showing, he always will be. Anyone who took this bet seriously is a prize ass, and deserving of public humiliation. Coming on the heels of Bitscalper, Bitcoinica and pirate, it was only fitting that somebody call attention to the absolute pathetic lemming-like devotion to believing pure bullshit that has become the hallmark of bitcoin.

Hey kids? There is no free lunch. You cannot sustain 7% weekly returns. There is no economic perpetual motion money making machine that pulls bitcoins out of your ass for your amusement. Matthew's big crime was poking fun at you about it. Oh me oh my, what a terrible scoundrel he is. You have pirate raping your entire family to the tune of $5 million dollars, and you want to jump on the shit of the guy who poked a finger in your eye? Lame. You have the bitcoinica incompetents pissing in your drink and still being kowtowed to because they are going to be keynote speakers at this joke of a conference in London.

Get a fucking clue Bitcoin Community!!! Right the fuck now. All of these slick snake oil salesmen who have just invented the newest greatest thing that you should invest in are talking to you for one single reason only- to steal your funds.

Wierd to see this coming from you.  You normally take a very hard line.  Sure pirate is the bigger criminal.  I'm sure people are after him too.  But if Matthew had won, it would have been for about 1M dollars I think.  Please remember the context where Vanderoy just made a real bet 50k USD and won.  The original bet at 10k was not so out of line.

I did not bet or think he'd pay.  Regardless that does not excuse him.  We need zero tolerance for these people.  Big or small.

I want to pay suppliers in bitcoin.  How's that going to happen if they come to these forums and see this cr*p from what seems to be pivotal members of the community?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: