Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:24:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My response to the community  (Read 17766 times)
Coinoisseur

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:12:16 AM

Perhaps the sincerity I read is entirely fake. I now emphatically think Matthew should seek some professional psychological help.

Lol. Always the US' of A way! Want moral support and guidance? Go pay someone for it!

I say give the guy a break. People make mistakes, he underestimated people's stupidity, get over it.
Maybe the gamble-aholics who are baying for blood should take a look at themselves? If Matt is such a well-known prankster/troll/clown/whatever, what were you thinking engaging in a bet? Of course you were going to lose by not getting your free winnings.

I reckon MNW should stay if he wants to, the site feature of "scammer" tags is childish, and besides, if he's not here, who will educate the n00bs about the dangers of Nigerian scams?

Some things aren't Do It Yourself projects. Last I checked access to professional psychological help wasn't restricted to the "US' of A".

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethos

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Keep it Simple. Every Bit Matters.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 10:15:55 AM

A corrupt society always punishes those that seek to improve it.

Hope you are not imply his most reaction action was an act seeking to improve "our" society?
Pretty sure he did it for his own entertainment and maybe even profit.
More recent logs of him talking about it prove at least the first part.
The second part is pretty much the nature of gambling, bets, hedging what ever you want to call it.

sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:16:22 AM

You'll operate under a new account and remain secretly involved in your businesses.

this.

We know from past experience that you are obv lying now, Matthew.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:23:20 AM

You'll operate under a new account and remain secretly involved in your businesses.

this.

We know from past experience that you are obv lying now, Matthew.

It's another joke. He'll keep trolling and scamming under different names.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 10:30:37 AM

A corrupt society always punishes those that seek to improve it.

Hope you are not imply his most reaction action was an act seeking to improve "our" society?
Pretty sure he did it for his own entertainment and maybe even profit.
More recent logs of him talking about it prove at least the first part.
The second part is pretty much the nature of gambling, bets, hedging what ever you want to call it.

Anyone who sets out to point out that the vague and interpretive nature of language, laws, agreements, rules and any other arbitrary/false authority is exactly that, arbitrary and false, is doing so in order to prove that we need to operate on a reality based society. Why invest so much time, effort, emotion and attention to frivolous things like money, games, politics, religion etc., when it ultimately hinders and cripples us rather than makes things better for everyone. We are so caught up in these myriad fantasies that we do not even notice when the very important and real systems and structures that support life are crumbling to ruin and are enduring irreparable harm.

Matt most likely feels bad because he has spent his life in a society that promotes and rewards adherence to arbitrary rules and false authority because that's all many of us have ever known. But for those that have learned that we can't rely on fantasies, meaningless words and empty promises then they have learned that it is time to pay attention to reality instead. And that is an improvement to our society that I wish was happening sooner and faster for everyone.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:30:46 AM

I for one was shocked to find a known internet troll chose not to pay nearly $1m in bets to strangers on the internet. There were no early warning signs you could have picked up on to make a risk assessment of the situation.

Real people have lost money on this because after originally losing money on a ponzi scheme they hedged against it by betting with a known troll stranger on the internet. These people are not immature like Matthew, they just know a good deal when they see one!

Chang Hum

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:32:12 AM

Perhaps the sincerity I read is entirely fake. I now emphatically think Matthew should seek some professional psychological help.

Lol. Always the US' of A way! Want moral support and guidance? Go pay someone for it!

I say give the guy a break. People make mistakes, he underestimated people's stupidity, get over it.
Maybe the gamble-aholics who are baying for blood should take a look at themselves? If Matt is such a well-known prankster/troll/clown/whatever, what were you thinking engaging in a bet? Of course you were going to lose by not getting your free winnings.

I reckon MNW should stay if he wants to, the site feature of "scammer" tags is childish, and besides, if he's not here, who will educate the n00bs about the dangers of Nigerian scams?

Some things aren't Do It Yourself projects. Last I checked access to professional psychological help wasn't restricted to the "US' of A".

I know what he means though Americans are bent for it to the point were it makes the English cringe watching your TV or listening to you talk.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 10:34:51 AM

I for one was shocked to find a known internet troll chose not to pay nearly $1m in bets to strangers on the internet. There were no early warning signs you could have picked up on to make a risk assessment of the situation.

Real people have lost money on this because after originally losing money on a ponzi scheme they hedged against it by betting with a known troll stranger on the internet. These people are not immature like Matthew, they just know a good deal when they see one!

Cheesy

Well played sir.

kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 10:45:53 AM

I know what he means though Americans are bent for it to the point were it makes the English cringe watching your TV or listening to you talk.
I feel like you're redirecting your anger toward rich people, and pointing it toward Americans.  Take a deep breath.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Chang Hum

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:50:48 AM

I feel like you're redirecting your anger toward rich people toward Americans.  Take a deep breath.

I heard America was like a third world country in many places these days, perhaps I'm just ignorant and listen to jelous gossip.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 10:52:59 AM

He wasn't that known as an internet troll though, at least not to many around here. He used his former position as cofounder and CEO in some rather high-profile Bitcoin initiatives to give an impression of trustworthiness. This is why this particular scam is no joking matter.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 10:55:40 AM

I for one was shocked to find a known internet troll chose not to pay nearly $1m in bets to strangers on the internet.

To be fair, when the bets started the maximum wasn't mentioned and I'd assumed he'd stop at a sensible amount - say 100btc.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2012, 11:05:23 AM

I feel like you're redirecting your anger toward rich people toward Americans.  Take a deep breath.

I heard America was like a third world country in many places these days, perhaps I'm just ignorant and listen to jelous gossip.
That's my point.
Do you think the poor Americans are bent for therapy?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:22:38 AM

This is why mods should ban ip and troll accounts.

Please for the love of god can the mods disable his account(s), file this in the bitcoin archives for posterity so everyone can try to move on.  Please.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:29:40 AM

This fiasco will blow over and cooler heads will prevail. Matt will find green pastures in the Bitcoin realm when he learns that discretion is the better part of valor. Now can we end these threads and start paying more attention to Atlas again?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:31:34 AM

Also to the matter of sincerity, I find it interesting he chose to title this thread "Response" which he seems to have been compelled to make by others, as apposed to "An Apology" which would seem more appropriate. 
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:35:16 AM

Matthew,

As many disagreements as I may have had with you.

This only saddens me Sad.

This all could have easily been prevented on so many levels..

All I can say is, I hope you learned something...
Chang Hum

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:37:43 AM

That's my point.
Do you think the poor Americans are bent for therapy?

I can only comment from Americans I've met and what I've seen on TV, I'm sure there's two very different ends to the spectrum but It's certainly portrayed on TV like that plus American TV seems to be full of psychobabble.

This is a bit of an off topic rant so I'll keep it short but some examples: The newsroom a new HBO series (I switched off because of it), Breaking Bad, an assortment of trash day time TV such as Doctor Phil etc and on the same note isn't Oprah Winfrey basically a TV therapist and one of Americas most powerful and financially successful women?
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 11:59:26 AM

Perhaps the sincerity I read is entirely fake. I now emphatically think Matthew should seek some professional psych ological iatric help.

FTFY.

Signature space available for rent.
Yolocoin

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2012, 01:38:04 PM

I think that you did really harm some people with your actions. The internal strife that your bet created is terrible.

Wait wait wait, how is his dumb bet possibly worse than the scammers who actually STOLE money like Bitcoinica/Intersango, Pirate, and every other fake exchange "hack"?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: