Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:34:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DB.RCLMR] DeepBit "Reclaimer" ASICs  (Read 46355 times)
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:19:57 AM

And I can't imagine what can be easier than paying in BTC. It's even much simpler than some of our competitors Smiley
The average person found icbit.se too complex for their understanding, they just want a bitpay form to deal with I think
Exactly. I have no problems paying in BTC. In fact, I actually prefer it. However, signing up to an exchange and having to buy bonds (how many? 1 per order? Enough bonds to get to $2800?) makes no sense to purchase a physical product. It might work for ASICMiner, but there's a reason why BFL and Avalon use a 3rd party payment processing company.

So anyways, back to my question. Is there a chance this could come back? I've said it before, the rackmount option is very attractive to some of us.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 05:40:15 AM

And I can't imagine what can be easier than paying in BTC. It's even much simpler than some of our competitors Smiley
The average person found icbit.se too complex for their understanding, they just want a bitpay form to deal with I think
Exactly. I have no problems paying in BTC. In fact, I actually prefer it. However, signing up to an exchange and having to buy bonds (how many? 1 per order? Enough bonds to get to $2800?) makes no sense to purchase a physical product. It might work for ASICMiner, but there's a reason why BFL and Avalon use a 3rd party payment processing company.

So anyways, back to my question. Is there a chance this could come back? I've said it before, the rackmount option is very attractive to some of us.

What they said  Cheesy  I'd be interested in a couple of rigs  Wink

Not gonna do a "preorder" ever again though...............but,maybe a BTC escrow type thing,hmmmmm  

I was gonna drop for another BFL unit,still might,but would like to see some competition.

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Pontius

Activity: 225
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 06:27:48 AM

Reclaimer project was cancelled due to a dilettante information policy. [...]

FTFY  Wink

Seriously, I was interested in this project when I would have seen any progress/updates on this. But the lack of activity in this thread and the failure to answer PMs for months made me believe that this project is either a non-starter or a scam.

BTW, I agree with the others - the payment option was a disastrous choice too.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:03:11 AM

pffth
I was interested and registered and bought ...
but what followed was less info than bfl on a bad day ,
in the end I sold back at a small loss...

it wasn't complicated to get the shares...

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
ryepdx

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2013, 07:42:27 PM

Seriously, I was interested in this project when I would have seen any progress/updates on this. But the lack of activity in this thread and the failure to answer PMs for months made me believe that this project is either a non-starter or a scam.

+1
[Tycho] (OP)

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2013, 09:47:39 PM

Sorry, but what can be easier than accepting bitcoins ?

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Pontius

Activity: 225

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:43:01 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2013, 08:21:39 AM by Pontius

Well, one had to open an account at some unknown/tiny exchange (if necessary fund it via VouchX and exchange to BTC) and then buy some bonds. To me this is a different thing then just "accepting bitcoins".
sunblaster

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:00:04 AM

is it safe to assume the project is not developing?

BTW Been mining on deepbit since April 2011  Grin my fav pool by far
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 11:18:03 AM

is it safe to assume the project is not developing?

BTW Been mining on deepbit since April 2011  Grin my fav pool by far

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108375.msg1767578#msg1767578

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
ryepdx

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 01:41:09 AM

Well, one had to open an account at some unknown/tiny exchange (if necessary fund it via VouchX and exchange to BTC) and then buy some bonds. To me this is a different thing then just "accepting bitcoins".

+1
[Tycho] (OP)

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 01:19:50 AM

Well, you have to open an account or register in ANY case. How else can we know who is making pre-order and find out one's contact details ?
"accepting bitcoins" means at least creating a new bitcoin address and identifying the buyer, practically the same as it was done.

It's just easier to use our existing trading platform than creating some new site.

Welcome to my bitcoin mining pool: https://deepbit.net - Both payment schemes (including PPS), instant payout, no invalid blocks !
ICBIT Trading platform : USD/BTC futures trading, Bitcoin difficulty futures (NEW!). Third year in bitcoin business.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: