Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:24:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to Indians  (Read 483512 times)
zee11229

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 10:38:17 AM

Hi everyone, I am new here Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jawed

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:07:49 PM

Any indian startups working with bitcoin technology ??  Roll Eyes

That question i would say is rather vague the reason being bitcoin is a cryptocurrency just like other currencies u can accept or send it against goods,etc. So just implementing that as a payment method is one thing.

another thing is there are bitcoin startups like zebpay where u can exchange bitcoins for local currency.

If u talk about technology then you should look into the blockchain technology which is quite interesting.

I am not living in india from past few months and havent been following the current state maybe if someone can shine some light whether any startup is using this technology which is not just exchange like zebpay that would be great.

Crytocurrencies as a mode of payment for buying/selling of goods/assets and for services performed, are still almost negligible in India. Mostly the awarded masses are just using it as a mode of investment. It is mostly seen as an asset to either trade or accumulate in anticipation of phenomenonal rise in the market price of the currency.

Masses at large are still not aware of the concept, even in city like Mumbai.
Govt's stand regarding the concept is still not clear. Maybe that's discouraging people to accept the concept as fair and legal.
aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 06:20:37 PM

Crytocurrencies as a mode of payment for buying/selling of goods/assets and for services performed, are still almost negligible in India. Mostly the awarded masses are just using it as a mode of investment. It is mostly seen as an asset to either trade or accumulate in anticipation of phenomenonal rise in the market price of the currency.

Govt's stand regarding the concept is still not clear. Maybe that's discouraging people to accept the concept as fair and legal.

I would agree with what you say. The question to be addressed is 'WHY'.
Technology has not penetrated alot of India, which might be the reason. Even though it is very convenient to use bitcoins but it is still not that easy to acquire them. One needs to understand at least few basic things and apart from that why would any common person would buy them knowing that you can't buy groceries with it.

Even though there is a market for this cryptocurrency in India,the amount of people, the value for the stakeholders isn't high enough and by value i am not talking about the price.

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
zee11229

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 11:45:04 PM

Nice to see a lots of Indian here
jawed

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2017, 12:29:37 PM

I would agree with what you say. The question to be addressed is 'WHY'.
Technology has not penetrated alot of India, which might be the reason. Even though it is very convenient to use bitcoins but it is still not that easy to acquire them. One needs to understand at least few basic things and apart from that why would any common person would buy them knowing that you can't buy groceries with it.

Even though there is a market for this cryptocurrency in India,the amount of people, the value for the stakeholders isn't high enough and by value i am not talking about the price.

I totally agree with ur point of view. We need some form of awareness campaigns, especially for collage students. Catch them young and watch them grow
vaibhavsingh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 02:04:12 PM

hii everyone I'm from India too..
btw know of some cheap sellers of bitcoins?
all have inflated prices lol

aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:24:04 PM

Hi, have you tried localbitcoins website?

Maybe you find someone who is quite close to your location for a meetup and believe me if you know how to negotiate, face to face is the best choice. Give it a try and maybe you get a good deal for you money.

zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 11:47:14 PM

Maybe you find someone who is quite close to your location for a meetup and believe me if you know how to negotiate, face to face is the best choice. Give it a try and maybe you get a good deal for you money.
I think the best way to buy bitcoin is through exchanges.You might have to pay a bit more but they are much safer.
You never know the intention of anyone who you are dealing with.He may be some criminal who when meets you may rob you.
Better safe than sorry.

Akhislam

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 04:49:57 AM

Welcome everyone Smiley Smiley
I am new here too
aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 09:33:33 AM

I think the best way to buy bitcoin is through exchanges.You might have to pay a bit more but they are much safer.
You never know the intention of anyone who you are dealing with.He may be some criminal who when meets you may rob you.
Better safe than sorry.

Well i think you watch too much crime series.

anyways, i wouldn't say you are complete wrong but on localbitcoins there are reputed dealers who would like to keep their reputation for further business and i don't think such people pull this kind of shit.

zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2017, 10:25:50 AM

Better safe than sorry.

Well i think you watch too much crime series.

anyways, i wouldn't say you are complete wrong but on localbitcoins there are reputed dealers who would like to keep their reputation for further business and i don't think such people pull this kind of shit.
And I think you don't read news and are totally unaware of whats happening around the world
" The most recent Bitcoin robbery
reported to police is typical for this
new breed of crime. New York City
firefighter Dwayne Richards headed
to Brooklyn to meet up with
someone who apparently wanted to
exchange Bitcoins for cash. Instead
he was mugged and stabbed, but
survived and is recovering well."

http://www.geek.com/geek-cetera/bitcoin-is-being-stolen-at-gunpoint-in-new-york-1616264/

Why take chance and repent later when you can do it safer way?

Cryptocrew

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:41:30 PM

This is an amazing thread. Happy to be a part of it? Any bitcoin Miners/ users in Bangalore ? Will be happy to connect
ap1010

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 08:34:50 AM

I am new to this forum and thread. Hello everyone there !

Got a basic question - how do you compare rates provided on localbitcoins.com v/s Zebpay / Unocoin etc. There seems to be a delta of INR1000+ most of the time. Has anyone evaluated

(1) how localbitcoins.com is different than other exchanges or platforms in India
(2) any advise on which of the Indian platform is good to begin with
(3) Is bitcoin liquidity dependent on the platform (zebpay, unocoin etc). or how is this managed at the country level

apologies if these are already discussed /answered. Appreciate if you can point me to right resources.
matumbaman

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 07:58:52 AM

It seems that our board isn't that active at all, where are those Indians that are active here everyday?
zee11229

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 08:20:06 PM

what will happen if govt. ban bitcoin?
Ameeta

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 06:31:06 PM

Thanks for welcoming us. Hope I will gain more knowledge about BTC here.
akija

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:26:00 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome

kabit9

Activity: 853
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:12:17 AM

newbie from Mumbai here to crypto-currencies.

i have also created a small blog as an attempt to clarify and condense the information I come across.

https://99cryptocoins.wixsite.com/99cryptocoins

hello to all fellow enthusiasts in India Smiley

aizzaku
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:16:25 PM

newbie from Mumbai here to crypto-currencies.

i have also created a small blog as an attempt to clarify and condense the information I come across.

https://99cryptocoins.wixsite.com/99cryptocoins

hello to all fellow enthusiasts in India Smiley

Hi, welcome.

That is a very good initiative, i would suggest you focus on your region for bitcoin adaptation.
Even i am from near Mumbai actually.

If you are willing to write down some good content then i would say purchase a domain. I can help you setup wordpress blog and a simple design.

kabit9

Activity: 853
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 02:26:46 PM

Hi, welcome.

That is a very good initiative, i would suggest you focus on your region for bitcoin adaptation.
Even i am from near Mumbai actually.

If you are willing to write down some good content then i would say purchase a domain. I can help you setup wordpress blog and a simple design.

what do you mean exactly by 'focus on your region for bitcoin adaption'?

yes i want to create a small but informative site for beginners like me, any help in terms of content, accuracy, etc would be deeply appreciated. we can buy a domain perhaps in a few weeks once we have all the ideas and structure in place.

thanks!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: