Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:21:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: the newer upgrade to the stratum proxies has the ability to be web accessible - BUT - the anonymous nature of the stratum proxies will be forfeited ... the web page will show all stats and graphs including miners and ip ... is this ok? ...
yes - i have no issue with showing my workers and stats and graphs ... - 7 (53.8%)
no - keep the stats and graphs of my workers anonymous ... - 6 (46.2%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - Donate By Mining | DBM  (Read 15872 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 09:32:14 AM

loving what you are doing here chrysophylax, I think having a thread for this is great. keep it up man  Smiley

much appreciated for the kudos ...

we will grow this as we can ...

its all about the devs this time - and the community at large can show their appreciation of the hard work that devs have done ...

end of the coming week - we should have the servers running if our supplier has the servers ready ...

we will also have a donation link for us - so that we can at least try and get some support for the costs of all the systems ...

but for the moment - its on us Wink ...

#crysx

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 11:39:21 AM

hi all ...

for the time being - all donation links will be down as we configure and setup the new servers ...

#crysx

DougB62

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Banned: For Your Protection

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 11:47:19 AM

hi all ...

for the time being - all donation links will be down as we configure and setup the new servers ...

#crysx

Hello, hello! I wish you success, and speed in your setup, so that we can all get to giving the devs more of what they all deserve greatly!  Smiley
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 12:01:14 PM

hi all ...

#crysx

Hello, hello! I wish you success, and speed in your setup, so that we can all get to giving the devs more of what they all deserve greatly!  Smiley

agreed ...

and tanx ...

ive removed the links to donation-sp for the time being ( in the op ) - as all the links and all the ports will change ...

the more common / popular algos will be setup in accordance to the links through nicehash eu stratums - with the other stratums ( usa - jp - hk ) being added as a failover shortly after the initial eu stratums are established ...

currently - there are 13 algos nicehash supports ... most of them will be active and running ... unfortunately - not all the algos will make it as the final functioning available algos to mine with ...

but we hope that this will be the start of an easier way of mining some donations to the amazing devs we have ...

as time progresses and servers are commissioned and money becomes more available - we will setup more servers for mining donations to more devs ...

it actually maybe a good idea to list the algos that everyone wants to mine on a permanent level ... they have to be in the nicehash list of algos please ...

we can easily support 7 algos currently in one server - 10 algos at a push ...

any suggestions? ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 12:16:15 PM

my favorite algo list:

whirlpoolx
lyra2re
x11
quark
neoscrypt
and sha256 for the asics

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2015, 02:15:48 PM

my favorite algo list:

whirlpoolx
lyra2re
x11
quark
neoscrypt
and sha256 for the asics

we have them currently on-line at the moment ...

it seems that having all of the algos running at the same time will overload the server ...

so just for testing - all the algos are running on the one server - but i can already see its lagging ...

those are some of my favorite algos also ...

always been curious about qubit - but never mined with it - nor used it ...

tanx for your input pallas ...

there is a server with your name on it when we can get it - and get it commissioned Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 08:20:21 AM

hi all ...

just a small update on the donation systems ...

three servers are up and running and testing as we speak ...

these are what we consider to be the dev servers ...

so far the following dev servers for donation systems are active ...

- sp
- djm34
- wolf0

soon ( and we are hoping the end of this week ) a few more will be running and active ...

all details will be updated shortly - with the developer details ... and please keep in mind that all thisis in beta and we do need as much feedback as possible to rectify any issues we can ...

the system we have chosen to use is based on dns allocation ... ie - names of the devs for the servers ... it was getting quite messy with port port allocation on the single system - and quite confusing ...

so we have maintained a standard with the ports to the algos they are associated with ( in line with the nicehash allocation - just using our ports ) adjoing the dev name ...

for example ... to donate mining hash to sp using x11 ... the structure of the donation command will be simply - donate-<dev> + mining domain ( granitecoin.com ) + <port> ...

the info in the <xxx> are the choice you make for the developer you wish to donate to and the port you need to point to - depending on the algo ...

ie - stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7003/ ...

this is true for djm34 and wolf0 and all the other devs that we will be putting up - as the algo port allocation will remain constant ...

- stratum+tcp://donate-djm34.granitecoin.com:7003/ ...
- stratum+tcp://donate-wolf0.granitecoin.com:7003/ ...
- stratum+tcp://donate-tpruvot.granitecoin.com:7003/ ...

if you wish to donate with quark - the the port will be 7012 ...

ie - stratum+tcp://donate-sp.granitecoin.com:7012/ ...

etc ...

please note - stratum protocol is the only method that has been tested at the moment and can be proven to work ... getwork protocol has not been tested and we cannot guarantee will work ...

we also have found that when all algos are active - the servers are overloaded ...

so to alleviate any major issues mining ( and also to stop constant disconnections due to lack of orders on nicehash ) - we will be removing some of the less used algos from the list that can be mined for donations ...

these algos that are not so popular seem to be ...

- scryptnf
- x13
- x15
- nist5

the ideal algo count for each server seems to be 7 ...

so if you would like to let it be known which algos you would like to see as a viable algo to mine - please post here or pm ( chrysophylax ) or skype ( chrysophylax69 ) or irc on channel #granitecoin ...

more details will follow and will be updated as we move along with teh implementation of the systems and servers ...

the more we can donate to these developers - the more we can show our appreciation for the great work they are doing for us as individual miners AND to the crypto community as a whole ...

lets give them as much support as we can ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2015, 01:38:54 PM

hi all ...

just an update before i retire for the night ...

a couple of our donation servers ( vps systems ) have had a run in or two ...

our provider is looking into the matter and will no doubt have some news over the next few days ...

until then - we are still working on the other servers to get the donation links running by next week ...

our own electricity issues 'should' be resolved next week also - if the electrician can make it out there in the next few days ... this should make for a much smoother ride for the running of that portion of the farm also ...

will keep you all updated as it all happens ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 07:32:27 AM

hi all ...

a very quick update before i leave the office ...

i will be away for two or three days - but will be contactable via skype ...

the donation links have been testing nicely and the decision to terminate a few algos from the list has come to head ...

the final details will be announced next week - and the donation links will be live about teh same time ...

we are working hard to make sure that the servers are solid and stable - and have been working and testing tirelessly to make this happen ...

so far - the testing has been positive with only a few shortfalls ... three of the servers had to be rebuilt and as such has been reinstated and improved ...

a software update will be forthcoming - making the stratum proxies work more efficiently ... but that will happen after the systems go live next week ...

have a great weekend coming ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:45:02 AM

thanks for your work and have all a fine and relaxing weekend!

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 04:33:22 AM

thanks for your work and have all a fine and relaxing weekend!

tanx pallas ...

ive recovered after 3 courses of antibiotics - just finishing yesterday ...

its now monday and im on track again ...

quite a few developments and a lot happening ...

the donation servers are all functional - all active - all ready ...

now to publish the details and organize the final tweaks to the systems ...

i have been in talks with the coin core dev for granitecoin - and the logo / web dev for the new logo and graphics including the website for granitecoin ...

all of these things will be all tied in with the donation links - and thefarm has a role to play in all this also ... which means the two multipools are what i want to be working on next ...

all happening this week - and with a little luck and some damn hard work - we can have everything started this week - and fully functional by next week ...

ill copy the body of this to the granitecoin thread also ... and when the donation links are published - will copy it into the cccminer-spmod thread and the sgminer-dev thread ...

so good to be back online again ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:43:52 AM

I'm glad you recovered! :-)
I've been on holiday and I'm just back, that's the reason I was pretty quiet recently.
I'll start working on all the crypto things again soon ;-)

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 10:07:13 AM

I'm glad you recovered! :-)
I've been on holiday and I'm just back, that's the reason I was pretty quiet recently.
I'll start working on all the crypto things again soon ;-)

tanx for the good will - and gladyou had a great time pallas ...

we always need a break - and ill be unavailable till wednesday now due to personal

there have been many changes in the backend - and as such - i cant release the donation servers till probably thursday or friday ... but everyone can still mine and donate directly anyway ...

i just want to see the day that devs like you are actually acknowledged with btc as well as kudos ...

i have 3 pieces of the 7 pieces i need to get the plan i have in motion for granitecoin ... the name change will be one of them - granite - no coin ...

even though all the previous domains and names will be retained ( www.granitecoin.com - grn-pool.granitecoin.com ) - the name will be simpler and the backend more solid and stable ... just like the name suggests Smiley ...

as for the 'other' things that need be setup and installed and coded - they will have to be in due time as well ... the coin itself is undergoing a makeover - and the result is an 'up to date' wallet that looks and performs better with more streamlined code ... at least thats the goal ... THEN the features will start when we know the code is stable ...

this will all work in tandem with the donation sites - and when i eventually get my way with the multipool plans - will in fact work FOR the donation sites Wink ...

anyway - the structure is all coming into place and by the end of the week - if all is well - we should have all the donation sites all runnign and open to the public ... there will be an upgrade very shortly also - so ill pull each server down one at a time when that happens ... it will only take a couple of hours at the most to do the full upgrade on all the servers ...

i appreciate you chiming in - and looking forward to what outcomes have been swiriling around in your mind ...

all in all - pm me and let know how you have been going with all that you have been considering ... AND have fun ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 02:26:58 AM

hi all ...

progress is good ...

will have something to show for it in the next 24hours - if it all tests well ...

ill keep you posted ... and OP will be updated when it is finished ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 10:58:39 AM

hi all ...

testing is showing a few small issues that are still lingering ...

these is are small and by no means the end of the server and donation links - but i will be delaying the publishing of the links for another couple of days until i can iron out all these small issues ...

so another delay of a couple of days - at least that is my estimate if nothing else pops up ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 05:23:20 AM

hi all ...

issues seem to be fixed ...

one more dev server to be setup and ill publish the links ...

the servers seem to be running fine on the load i hammer them with using thefarm - but they really do need to be tested properly with the community hitting them with multiple miners from multiple ips ...

the servers were actually being ddos attacked and crashed two of them - which i have been rebuilding ... one more to finish today and i can rest for a little bit while it tests ...

im looking at a few cloud protection services ...

cloudflare seems to be the most widely used and the most proficient service ... ill research deeper in to this as we just cannot afford to have this happen again ... or at least - if it does - it will be better protected against such attacks and will recover more quickly ... which means donation mining can continue sooner ...

does anyone have a ddos protection service that they have knowledge of that i can look into? ... would be much appreciated ...

releaase of the servers links next week for community use / load testing ... all input would be appreciated ...

complete server links and details will be released as an op update also - so we can add another way of doantion by mining ( dbm - donation by mining ) - and give back to the developers ...

tanx ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:31:49 AM
Last edit: September 21, 2015, 11:05:08 AM by chrysophylax

hi all ...

im very happy to announce that all the issues seem to have been squashed - and the servers are all functional and running - and are now published below ...

a copy of these details will be placed in the op shortly ...

please note - these links and servers have tested well with thefarm ( our granite farm ) - but not in a production environment - which is the mining community as a whole ...

if you prefer to mine for the devs that are available on our links list - then please do so ... its what ive dubbed 'donation by mining' ( or dbm - hey thats original ) and is a nice way to show your appreciation for the devs endeavours to help the community ...

now to the nitty gritty ...

ive tried to make it as simple as possible - so that we can donate some mining time for the developer of your choice ...

a few things you need to know before you construct the links for your miner ...

1 - all donation links start with 'donate-<developer>' ...
2 - all donation links are on the granitecoin.com domain ...
3 - all donation links have the same port structure <port> ...
4 - all donation links are in alphabetical order ...
5 - all donation links mine through nicehash currently - but can change at anytime ...
6 - all donation links start at port 7000 and increase by one in line with nicehash ports ...
7 - all donation links are statically set for each developer - so any <username>:<password> can be used in the miner ...
8 - all donation links can be checked by the nicehash btc links for the developers listed below ...
9 - all donation links are anonymous to the public - so even the smallest hash will help - no matter who you are ...

ie - stratum+tcp://donate-<developer>.granitecoin.com:<port>/ <username>:<userpassword> <kernel> <commandlineparameters> ...

for example ... if your developer of choice to donate mining hash to is ace / crysx ( the first on the list at the moment ) and you want to dbm using x11 ...

then the miner commandline ( or inside the .bat ) will look similar to the following ...

linux ...
./ccminer -o stratum+tcp://donate-ace.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ...
./sgminer -o stratum+tcp://donate-crysx.granitecoin.com:7003/ -u chrysophylax -p x -k x11mod ...

or ...

windows ...
ccminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://donate-ace.granitecoin.com:7003/ -O chrysophylax:x -a x11 ...
sgminer.exe -o stratum+tcp://donate-crysx.granitecoin.com:7003/ -u chrysophylax -p x -k x11mod ...

obviously this is the very basic structure to use - and you should investigate the best settings you require for your miner ... but it is a very simple guideline and example for use ...

this setup is the same with any other developer you wish to mine for - the only things that change are the devs name <developer> and the port number <port> ... and obviously your <kernel> and <commandlineparameters> ...

the developers that we have currently in our list are below ( in alphabetical order ) - as well as the ports for the algos ... we will add to this list as the new servers become available - and are more than happy to research and consider the developers that you ( the community ) wish to see added ...

donation names ...

- ace ( or crysx ) ... thats us if you wish to help us maintain the server costs and maintenance ...
- djm34
- kbomba
- klaust
- pallas
- sp
- tpruvot
- wolf0

ports ...

7000 - scrypt
7001 - sha256
7002 - scryptnf
7003 - x11
7004 - x13
7005 - keccak
7006 - x15
7007 - nist5
7008 - neoscrypt
7009 - lyra2re
7010 - whirlpoolx
7011 - qubit
7012 - quark

axiom and lyra2rev2 may be added shortly ... so if you want to see those algorithms available to mine - please let me know ...

just as importantly as the mining itself - PLEASE - report any issues that you may encounter ... we will try and fix issues as quickly as we possibly can ...

situations like mining using nist5 ( port 7007 ) will more than likely give you errors - as there is pretty much NO ONE mining using the nist5 algo on nicehash ... so expect that one to continuously disconnect the miner and give errors ... this algo ( and a couple of others ) are only in the list for testing purposes of the server load while the community mines ... they will be taken off soon ...

to check the hashrates of the relevant developer address - please check the initial links below - and change to the desired algo that you want to check using the algo pulldown menu ... all the links are going through the nicehash eu stratum - and our stratum proxies will eventually have the usa - jp - hk stratums as a failover in case the nicehash eu stratum happens to fallover ... this will happen after a few weeks of stable dbm hashing by the community ...

ace / crysx - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=125xeUK3Np8oboxSZDb5XYxZxdNwmfEj66&a=0&l=0
djm34 - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze&a=0&l=0
kbomba - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=16xwdALkQ6bkD4S2t4e2Ls7TfuXqNsnwCP&a=0&l=0
klaust - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1H2BHSyuwLP9vqt2p3bK9G3mDJsAi7qChw&a=0&l=0
pallas - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1H7qC5uHuGX2d5s9Kuw3k7Wm7xMQzL16SN&a=0&l=0
sp - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1CTiNJyoUmbdMRACtteRWXhGqtSETYd6Vd&a=0&l=0
tpruvot - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo&a=0&l=0
wolf0 - https://www.nicehash.com/?p=miners&addr=1Jp2R7dF9gYr872FkXiap2MaYaHNEfwWhZ&a=0&l=0

the details of each individual developer will be added to - as information comes along ...

we hope that you can use this facility to help donate to these developers - and hope that this becomes a useful tool to do so ...

remember that donating directly to the btc address is always welcomed by the devs - so lets support them by donating in anyway possible to keep giving them the incentive to continue the awesome work they have been doing for the community ...

happy mining ... lets support our devs ...

#crysx

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:39:02 AM

thanks for the update and the fine work :-)

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2015, 10:47:27 AM

thanks for the update and the fine work :-)

my pleasure pallas ...

tanx for all the hard work you and the other devs have put into the community ...

ill publish the thread link in the other threads for now - but will also update the op later on ...

the op will have a little more information about all the devs listed - and hopefully be able to get the community to add another dimension to donating for the awesome work you guys do ...

when the rest of the plans i have are in full swing - which includes the pools - then the integration of thefarm and the donation links into the website will be initiated ...

i have another server planned this week - but that is testing as we speak ...

i hope the whole community comes on board and helps with this kind of donation ... i know i will Wink ...

tanx for the kind words also ...

#crysx

tanoury

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:32:11 AM

Can I just mine into the developers nicehash address or is there some reason I need to go through granitecoin.com?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: