Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:18:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Specie (SPX) - *** Now Trading on YoBit *** | HARDWARE | SUPER RARE  (Read 14139 times)
paolo77
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 10:24:52 AM

If you use the 'image for raspberry pi, it has already installed the QT5 with all dependencies ok !!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1100437
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nubbins7

Activity: 566
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:04:22 PM

So you can't stake just with the windows wallet? Huh
goodguyed

Activity: 388

Twitter: @goodguyed

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:14:34 PM

So you can't stake just with the windows wallet? Huh

Staking with the Windows wallet works fine. I have staked many times.

Signature for sale by owner
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 06:03:44 PM

Still waiting here says 8 hours from 16:15 yesterday it's moving but slow.

Well, the way I look at it....Either something's right or something's wrong.  Maybe the Dev can use some deductive reasoning to figure out which...I don't know... truncation?

It's been 12 hours now and the wallet still reads, "Expected time to earn reward is 3 hours."  It did read, "Expected time to earn reward is 2 hours," for awhile, but then it went back to 3 hours.  Anybody have any input for me on this staking issue?

Okay, bought more coin, put them in my wallet, went to sleep, woke-up, looked in my wallet, and surprise! "Expected time to earn reward is 3 hours."  This is the LOOOONNNNGGGGEEEESSSSTTTT three hours in crypto-history.  Maybe I just forgot to turn my clock back for daylights savings?  Hmmmm
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 08:45:09 PM

Developers run already?
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:19:18 PM

posted that wrong...hmmm....lets try again...is it possible to run more than one wallet on a raspberry pi?

Yes it is. What do you want to achieve then Ill tell you how to do it.

thanks for the offer....probably could achieve a lot more than what I could think of..but to start...use it to operate some wallets for coins that offer pos...like this one spx, xra , ioc  for instance.  

You can run multiple wallets on a Pi for different coins and even multiple wallets fo the same coin but his second option is more complex to setup. Most of the time you can run about 3 wallets on your Pi depending ont he model. The latest Pi2 has a 1Ghz Arm7 CPU and 1 GB of memory and will give you 3 wallets safely.

You get 2 types of wallets and 2 build methods and 3 deployment methods which each has its own nuances and impacts on resource usage on the Pi.

The types of wallets are the headless daemon wallet with no graphical display and the Qt wallet which is the graphical wallet that you are used to in Windows. In Pi world you do not need the Qt wallet as the command line wallet does everything you need to do, but if you want to work in a familiar "windows" environment you can use the Qt wallet. Getting a Qt wallet depends on how the Qt environment is setup and if the dev has created a project file for a basic wallet using Qt4 then you are in luck since the mainstream OS for Pi (Raspbian) has Qt 4.8.2 with which you can create a GUI wallet easily. If the dev created a more fancy wallet he would have used Qt5 and then you are out of luck, since dependencies for Qt5 is not readily available yet. You can DIY Qt5 and build a static Qt5 wallet on Pi but trust me that you do not want to go there. I seldom go for the GUI wallets anyway because it servers no real purpose apart from seeing stuff visually and I run the command line wallets most of the time.

The first build method is to provide a static built binary where all code that is needed in the process to run the wallet is in the binary file. This is the least pure method to do in Linux, but since Pi's are very consistent from one to the next it is possible to get away with this. Binaries are larger though since all dependency code is in the file. The second build method is a hybrid where your script just downloads the dependencies but you provide an already compiled binary that is dynamically linked to the dependency files. The binary will call the dependency files whenever it needs some code from it.

In order to deploy you can write a script to compile it on users Pi which is the most pure way to work on Linux but prone to errors since many devs are sloppy with their code and dont do basics like create a src/obj folder or have incorrect permissions on certain critical build files which will all cause the build process to fail. The second method is to just deliver the wallet built with one of the 2 build methods but require a working and updated OS installation from the user, or you can provide the whole operating system with wallet installed to the user. The pro side of delivery method three is that the user does not have to install the OS himself, but the downside is that you are then limited to the wallet they give you and the environment may not be setup for you to easily install a 2nd and 3rd wallet.

It is a long introduction but necessary to explain my recommendation to you properly for running multiple wallets on your Pi. In your case my recommendation would be to install a fresh copy of Raspbian on at least an 8 GB card and update it. Then use the hybrid method of a dynamically built wallet  to save space and since most coins require the same dependency files. Then compile the 3 headless daemon wallets you want to run dynamically and set them up properly and off you go. It should run fine on a Pi2.

If you let me know the coins you want to run, depending on if I feel generous or not, I will help you build the wallets and set them up.

holy cow...I did bite off more than I could chew :-)....i appreciate the explanation.....except for some ioc that i have,  im not sure of what other wallets id want to set up. like this one..its really just speculative so i am not sure its worth the effort.  But i'll give some of it a shot and see how far i can get ..again thanks and thanks for offer
cohnhead

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:21:18 PM

my coins staked..i got a reward and now my coins are all immature again?....not how im used to coins staking... is this normal
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 09:28:45 PM

my coins staked..i got a reward and now my coins are all immature again?....not how im used to coins staking... is this normal

Nah, somethings wrong...If you deposit more coins, they wont stake until they mature, but the mature coins should keep staking.
megadestruct61

Activity: 334

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:35:00 PM

Nah, somethings wrong...If you deposit more coins, they wont stake until they mature, but the mature coins should keep staking.

Wha? No that is normal when you get a stake its just like getting new coins it resets the age of the coins.  They will start to stake again once mature.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 10:14:31 PM

Wha? No that is normal when you get a stake its just like getting new coins it resets the age of the coins.  They will start to stake again once mature.

Coin control settings???
cohnhead

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 01:14:28 AM

problem is its treating all my coins as immature, not just the ones that were recently earned.....shouldn't the original deposit I made on the 30th to my wallet be mature and stay mature?
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 01:27:27 AM

Still waiting here says 8 hours from 16:15 yesterday it's moving but slow.

Well, the way I look at it....Either something's right or something's wrong.  Maybe the Dev can use some deductive reasoning to figure out which...I don't know... truncation?

It's been 12 hours now and the wallet still reads, "Expected time to earn reward is 3 hours."  It did read, "Expected time to earn reward is 2 hours," for awhile, but then it went back to 3 hours.  Anybody have any input for me on this staking issue?

Okay, bought more coin, put them in my wallet, went to sleep, woke-up, looked in my wallet, and surprise! "Expected time to earn reward is 3 hours."  This is the LOOOONNNNGGGGEEEESSSSTTTT three hours in crypto-history.  Maybe I just forgot to turn my clock back for daylights savings?  Hmmmm

Finally got my first stake...but coins are immature again...going in a positive direction though!
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2015, 09:24:54 AM

Is it over?  Anything still moving forward with this project, or are we done?
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:46:12 AM

Is it over?  Anything still moving forward with this project, or are we done?

Dev said he is implementing Masternodes this week and today is Friday. If he delivers on his promise things will probably go ahead. If he doesnt then it is probably over.
goodguyed

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 02:35:56 PM

I don't think we're done, and the price is juicy. Accumulation is for real  Cool

cohnhead

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 03:32:49 PM

dev what is the deal with staking?  why are my mature coins now immature?  I have a couple of other coins staking currently and all pay off daily.  I have been posting about this as have others...without any response from you.  show that you care and address the issue.
goodguyed

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:32:43 PM

This still has a lot of potential but I sold my 2 wallets total about 3k SPX a bit ago and bought YOVI with all of it. Made a profit from the loss I took on SPX already.

Not sure if dev will return. If he does, there is potential. If not..

YoBit
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1010

★YoBit.Net★

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 06:28:22 PM

YoBit ICO rule for SPX: If sell orders price fall under 25% (of the original ICO price) during the initial 4 day ICO fund holding period, a full buy wall will be set for 2 more days at the initial ICO price.

Full buy wall is placed for 2 more days.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2015, 11:46:07 PM

Where is this full buy wall?  Anybody know?
SpecieCoin (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 02:21:24 PM

Specie is a coin with success measured in weeks and months, not hours and days.
The Specie valuation in past days has been fluctuating but there are many plans still in progress to ensure long-term success of Specie.

We commend YoBit for their handling of Specie trading to help contribute to it’s success. Speculators on Specie will be very happy with the future of our exciting coin.

The SPaker-P is significant for many reasons. SPaker-P is a functioning Raspberry Pi wallet for stand-alone use in Specie staking and transactions using the Specie wallet.

Recent World events have lead us to the ultimate scenario where cryptocurrency will flourish.
Specie is not just a currency but a platform to enable any person in any place to become their own bank.
Raspberry Pi is a powerful platform that we can use as the basis for further extending the Specie economic platform.

Specie is the coin of coins.

We now introduce the Specie currency interchange system:

SPInterchange

The is a self-contained system that you can run on your SPaker device transforming it into a complete cryptocurrency exchange system.

The SPInterchange system will also be adapted to SPXcard for maximum usage and widespread adoption.

The Specie platform is designed for long-term and sustainable growth.
Using advanced technologies we will continue to evolve.

More details about the SPInterchange system will follow as they become available.

This is an exciting time for Specie and everyone’s support will help take this coin to new levels of usage and value.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: