Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:31:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Specie (SPX) - *** Now Trading on YoBit *** | HARDWARE | SUPER RARE  (Read 14141 times)
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2015, 04:36:37 AM

Also, the noob mistake I made.. make sure it is Specie.conf. Capitalization is important  Cool

Are you sure?  Mine's not capped and it's working....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GlitterRush

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:40:50 AM

Also, the noob mistake I made.. make sure it is Specie.conf. Capitalization is important  Cool

Are you sure?  Mine's not capped and it's working....
well i still cant work it out

Get your TAM today at https://c-cex.com/?p=tam-btc
GlitterRush

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 05:16:25 AM

when will deposits be online for yobit i need to start giveaways and such

and i managed to sync my wallet Smiley

Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 10:40:36 AM

How many coins were burned?

goodguyed

Activity: 388
Merit: 250

Twitter: @goodguyed

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 12:53:23 PM

im getting angery at your wallet
Why, bro? I thought it was synced

Signature for sale by owner
SpecieCoin (OP)

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:32:45 PM

Please feel free to PM if you are having wallet difficulties.

We will be announcing the burn details including the transaction specifics when the burn is complete. The burn will be 22,500 SPX.

The SPaker-P image is now available for download. Details in the SPaker thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1100437.msg11764152#msg11764152

The Specie platform hardware rollout has begun!

caex

Activity: 824
Merit: 512

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 03:33:29 PM

wallet not sync add node and nothing Angry
GlitterRush

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 04:21:49 PM

cant get my coin to exchange i have even had somone els look at it to help me in person still no go sorry guys

nubbins7

Activity: 566

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 11:06:18 PM

cant get my coin to exchange i have even had somone els look at it to help me in person still no go sorry guys

Just open your notepad and put all of this below in the notepad just copy and paste then rename the file to specie.conf
save it and add it to the roaming folder for specie it should work that is what i did be sure to restart the wallet too.

server=1
listen=1
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=password
addnode=52.25.91.59:24910
addnode=52.26.97.25:24910
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 01, 2015, 11:55:10 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2015, 12:54:25 AM by jc12345

We will be announcing the burn details including the transaction specifics when the burn is complete. The burn will be 22,500 SPX.

Why are you making such a big deal about Raspberry Pi wallets? It is hardly anything special apart from it being nice to stake at 5W. Iv been making Pi wallets for tons of other coins and posting them in the respective threads for free in 99% of the cases. Most of those coins have died down in anyways because wallets for a another platform is not a competitive advantage but a commodity. From experience in the repo download history I can tell you that there are max 10 users interested in Pi for a coin and apart from those users it is but a hype factor that speculators use to hype the price of a coin to dump on the back of it. In addition Gorillastake.com for example has been hosting online Pi staking solutions for a long time. Having said this, good luck and it is a nice thing for those 10 odd users and I hope it makes a difference in your case.

You should come up with something special to promote your coin. Devs are not doing other real special things that drive the success of a coin and wallets for other OSes are not it, including mobile wallets Wink
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:39:07 AM

Why are you making such a big deal about Raspberry Pi wallets? It is hardly anything special apart from it being nice to staking at 5W. Iv been making Pi wallets for tons of other coins and posting them in the respective threads for free in 99% of the cases. Most of those coins have died down in anyways because wallets for a another platform is not a competitive advantage but a commodity. From experience in the repo download history I can tell you that there are max 10 users interested in Pi for a coin and apart from those users it is but a hype factor that speculators use to hype the price of a coin to dump on the back of it. In addition Gorillastake.com for example has been hosting online Pi staking solutions for a long time. Having said this, good luck and it is a nice thing for those 10 odd users and I hope it makes a difference in your case.

is it possible to run more than one staking wallet per pi ?

You should come up with something special to promote your coin. Devs are not doing other real special things that drive the success of a coin and wallets for other OSes are not it, including mobile wallets Wink
cohnhead

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:41:05 AM

posted that wrong...hmmm....lets try again...is it possible to run more than one wallet on a raspberry pi?
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:54:56 AM

posted that wrong...hmmm....lets try again...is it possible to run more than one wallet on a raspberry pi?

Yes it is. What do you want to achieve then Ill tell you how to do it.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 12:55:13 AM

Okay, my wallet has been reading, "Expected time to earn reward is 3 hours," for FIVE hours now.  It's reminding me of one of those weak BJ's.  Anybody else collect stake yet?
cohnhead

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:11:51 AM

thanks for the offer....probably could achieve a lot more than what I could think of..but to start...use it to operate some wallets for coins that offer pos...like this one spx, xra , ioc  for instance. 
cohnhead

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:20:58 AM

Okay, my wallet has been reading, "Expected time to earn reward is 3 hours," for FIVE hours now.  It's reminding me of one of those weak BJ's.  Anybody else collect stake yet?
still waiting..at 1 hour for more than an hour for sure...... first spx hit my wallet at 20:09 yesterday
nubbins7

Activity: 566

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:33:33 AM

Still waiting here says 8 hours from 16:15 yesterday it's moving but slow.
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:54:05 AM

thanks for the offer....probably could achieve a lot more than what I could think of..but to start...use it to operate some wallets for coins that offer pos...like this one spx, xra , ioc  for instance.  

You can run multiple wallets on a Pi for different coins and even multiple wallets fo the same coin but his second option is more complex to setup. Most of the time you can run about 3 wallets on your Pi depending ont he model. The latest Pi2 has a 1Ghz Arm7 CPU and 1 GB of memory and will give you 3 wallets safely.

You get 2 types of wallets and 2 build methods and 3 deployment methods which each has its own nuances and impacts on resource usage on the Pi.

The types of wallets are the headless daemon wallet with no graphical display and the Qt wallet which is the graphical wallet that you are used to in Windows. In Pi world you do not need the Qt wallet as the command line wallet does everything you need to do, but if you want to work in a familiar "windows" environment you can use the Qt wallet. Getting a Qt wallet depends on how the Qt environment is setup and if the dev has created a project file for a basic wallet using Qt4 then you are in luck since the mainstream OS for Pi (Raspbian) has Qt 4.8.2 with which you can create a GUI wallet easily. If the dev created a more fancy wallet he would have used Qt5 and then you are out of luck, since dependencies for Qt5 is not readily available yet. You can DIY Qt5 and build a static Qt5 wallet on Pi but trust me that you do not want to go there. I seldom go for the GUI wallets anyway because it servers no real purpose apart from seeing stuff visually and I run the command line wallets most of the time.

The first build method is to provide a static built binary where all code that is needed in the process to run the wallet is in the binary file. This is the least pure method to do in Linux, but since Pi's are very consistent from one to the next it is possible to get away with this. Binaries are larger though since all dependency code is in the file. The second build method is a hybrid where your script just downloads the dependencies but you provide an already compiled binary that is dynamically linked to the dependency files. The binary will call the dependency files whenever it needs some code from it.

In order to deploy you can write a script to compile it on users Pi which is the most pure way to work on Linux but prone to errors since many devs are sloppy with their code and dont do basics like create a src/obj folder or have incorrect permissions on certain critical build files which will all cause the build process to fail. The second method is to just deliver the wallet built with one of the 2 build methods but require a working and updated OS installation from the user, or you can provide the whole operating system with wallet installed to the user. The pro side of delivery method three is that the user does not have to install the OS himself, but the downside is that you are then limited to the wallet they give you and the environment may not be setup for you to easily install a 2nd and 3rd wallet.

It is a long introduction but necessary to explain my recommendation to you properly for running multiple wallets on your Pi. In your case my recommendation would be to install a fresh copy of Raspbian on at least an 8 GB card and update it. Then use the hybrid method of a dynamically built wallet  to save space and since most coins require the same dependency files. Then compile the 3 headless daemon wallets you want to run dynamically and set them up properly and off you go. It should run fine on a Pi2.

If you let me know the coins you want to run, depending on if I feel generous or not, I will help you build the wallets and set them up.
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 02:08:35 AM

Well, the way I look at it....Either something's right or something's wrong.  Maybe the Dev can use some deductive reasoning to figure out which...I don't know... truncation?
cjmoles
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 08:08:39 AM

Well, the way I look at it....Either something's right or something's wrong.  Maybe the Dev can use some deductive reasoning to figure out which...I don't know... truncation?

It's been 12 hours now and the wallet still reads, "Expected time to earn reward is 3 hours."  It did read, "Expected time to earn reward is 2 hours," for awhile, but then it went back to 3 hours.  Anybody have any input for me on this staking issue?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: