Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:40:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: When and why did you start using Bitcoin?  (Read 15459 times)
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:02:55 AM

Im joined at bitcoin comunity because bitcoin is future of money
better i know bitcoin first before my district is filled with the bitcoiner Roll Eyes

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
scumbag

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Support For PHILIPPINES Sub Forum★

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:14:34 AM

started with bitcoin only last May 2015 and that is out of curiosity because some of my friends are claiming that they ear a lot of bitcoin daily. when I started I was amazed that I can earn 100,000 satoshis in 1 day, unknowing that 100,000 satoshis = $0.27  Smiley

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:23:45 AM

I started using bitcoin way back September 2014 because I heard it was money Cheesy
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 05:57:07 PM

I started using bitcoins recently.
Currently I'm a student and also don't want my parents to spend money on the games and some things like it for me.
So I started using Bitcoins to earn some pocket money and buy the things that I like.

gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:06:28 AM

Currently I'm a student and also don't want my parents to spend money on the games and some things like it for me.
So I started using Bitcoins to earn some pocket money and buy the things that I like.

Even I started using bitcoins in april 2015 when one of my friend introduced me to bitcoins saying that it is a future currency and you can earn some bitcoins weekly by getting into signature campaign, I was very much surprised and was happy too that it would take care of my basic expenses and pocket money, So I bought bitcoins and joined signature campaign to earn bitcoins.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2015, 08:20:21 AM

Even I started using bitcoins in april 2015 when one of my friend introduced me to bitcoins saying that it is a future currency and you can earn some bitcoins weekly by getting into signature campaign, I was very much surprised and was happy too that it would take care of my basic expenses and pocket money, So I bought bitcoins and joined signature campaign to earn bitcoins.
Why did you buy Bitcoins in the first place.
If you wanted to earn pocket money then you should have just joined signature campaign.
Buying bitcoins is investment.
But yes nice decision.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:30:44 AM

found it innovative..mined and mine and mined

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:36:12 AM

I saw an article on Slashdot in 2010, found Gavin's faucet and got 0.5 BTC, saw that people on Bitcointalk were spending way more than 0.5 BTC when they bought things, so I tried mining - CPU mining. It took me a whole 4 days with my PC on constantly before I found my first block, and got a 50 BTC reward. Then I checked out exchanges - there was only one, it wasn't in my country, and 50 BTC was - after FX costs - practically worthless. I lost interest.

Some time during early 2011 I saw another article on Slashdot - 1 BTC was approaching the $1 mark, and - even better - there were now exchanges and over-the-counter options in my country! I quickly discovered that mining was now much harder, but I bought a fast GPU are started mining again. Another 4 day wait, but I mined another block! And another! And more! But you know how this ends - difficulty rose constantly. I tried mining pools, and they helped for a while, but in the end GPU mining was no longer profitable for me and I stopped. In hindsight mining was exactly the wrong decision - I should have spent my GPU money (and my electricity money) on buying BTC outright. Most of the BTC I mined I sold (long ago, long before the price was anything near $100, let alone $1000) to pay bills. But I did have some left over, and this time I didn't lose interest but kept half an eye on Bitcoin.

My next burst of activity came in late 2013 - I'm sure you all know what prompted it! I considered - and rejected - selling my remaining BTC. When I thought the price was low I bought and other times I looked for ways to increase the BTC I had. I wasn't prepared to gamble, and I know from experience (2011, MtGox) that I am not a good trader. But I found Bitfinex, where I could lend out BTC, and Coinut, where I could hedge against price changes. So I'm in the fortunate position of having made and lost a fortune (and not realising it at the time), but also having enough left over to be able to accumulate more. Not enough to retire anytime soon, but enough to let me think that I could maybe retire someday!

This space intentionally left blank.
flock123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:28:50 AM

I use bitcoin when I was 17 years old, I used it because it was very expensive bitcoin
Coins168

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 09:39:01 AM

stater just a couple of months ago
i saw this post from another site saying its easy to earn bitcoins, not true because it depends
rinhunter

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:36:30 PM

I forget when exactly I started using bitcoin.
why I chose bitcoin?
just try and finding a bitcoin according to my delight
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 07:09:36 PM

stater just a couple of months ago
i saw this post from another site saying its easy to earn bitcoins, not true because it depends

Same here, even I got into bitcoins few months back and the only reason is I am working abroad and I need to send money to my family every month, So with the help of bitcoins I can transfer money instantly to my home country with minimal fees and it is very quick and fast that it saves my lot of time and money, So I prefer bitcoins when it comes to online transfers.
Saruman

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

Wizard

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 08:38:59 PM

I heard about it somewhere in 2013 (I think, I don't remember)
I started using it in december 2014 (when I saw some videos about mining, from the period when 1BTC was ~$12 Roll Eyes)
Why? - It was interesting, I liked it, I started with Smiley

umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 10:55:21 AM

I started using bitcoins couple of months back in early 2015 when I came to know that you can gamble with it and that also with very small amount which no other currency offers So I started using bitcoins for gambling.

But then I came to know other benefits of bitcoins like online payment, online purchases, online transfers So I started to get involved in it and started to earn more and more bitcoins that were possible by me.
btcdealer

Activity: 206

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 03:42:59 AM

I started using bitcoin forum since last month because being a future generation i want to be a part of bitcoin and also that i want to earn a good sum of money
rio3233

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 05:16:07 AM

First time know about bitcoin is 2012/2013 but i don't using bitcoin on 2012/2013. When 2014 i'm start using bitcoin because the price so high and we can earn bitcoin from faucets, signature campaign, giveaway. Well i'm a bit late using bitcoin because the price now high like 1/2 years ago.
kostya.ash

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 06:30:58 AM

I started when bitcoin mining is very popular at the time,
I forget what the year ?
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 07:37:53 AM

It is because my quite fast transactions and less fee for most of the online payments I need to send. 
yakelbtc

Activity: 140

0x7ae5adbc7a0429a49b6e6ed4a8a89ffbbae6125f

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:08:22 AM

I started 3weeks ago so im a newbie  Cheesy

mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:25:56 AM

I started 3weeks ago so im a newbie  Cheesy

we were all newbie, you'll see, and see for yourself how much can be fascinating the ecosystem of bitcoin, welcome in

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: