Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:13:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Trendon Shavers - Family Contact made  (Read 29175 times)
DonShrents (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:51:47 PM

The telephone number has already been made public record previously, so if someone feels the need to contact Ted and hassle him, they are more than welcome. They should also take into consideration the fact that doing so may eliminate any future oportunities of keeping in contact, so I would hope that people use common sense and respect, whatever they decide.

~DonShrents

Why would we hassle Ted?  He seems like a fairly reasonable man.  I think this is a case of the apple falling far from the tree.

I simply meant, be nice when/if contacting. The telephone number is there for all to use and verify. I would just remind people that Ted has been very decent to talk to and to show the same amount of kindness and respect in return, if choosing to contact him.
I should have been more clear, as when I read it now, it reads like I advised people against contacting him.
Sorry. Not what I meant.

~DonShrents
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 03:35:01 AM

I just had the pleasure of having a 10min or so telephone conversation with none other than Theodore (Ted) Shavers, the father of Trendon Shavers and had the opportunity to bring him up to speed on the happenings as of late. After leaving a mesasge or 2 previously, I was finally able to get through to him today.

I informed the elder Shavers that it would be in Trendon's best interests to get back in contact with the community that he has defrauded for the estimated amount of $5 million USD and for Theodore (Ted) to feel free to familiarize himself further on the topic, by searching his son's name on Google, for further reading.

I will be keeping in contact with Ted Shavers (the father), as I explaned to him, it would be senseless for us to file Criminal proceedings if there was a chance to recoup some of the lost funds at this point. although Civil proceedings have been set in motion, which may be cancelled if the participants are left satisfied. He has made it clear to me that Trendon will be getting a call from him immediately and instructed to get back in touch with this community. The contact that I left with his father was donshrents@hotmail.com , although we will be continuing a telephone relationship until this situation comes to an end, regardless of what that end may be.

~DonShrents

I find it ironic because you are the domain registrar of Pirate's sites.

The user Don Shrents is not the (long e) Don Shrents. He's a trusted member of this forum opting to use that moniker for this investigation. (and it's not me, either) A handful of other members on this forum may be able to verify that fact, but I don't know who or how many.

~Bruno~
Haplo

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 04:33:27 AM

There's a few things that have come to my attention recently, that I think are important to this whole issue.

Patrick, can you please expose what you previously thought to be pirate's business model? If not, why not?

Given he's not surfacing or communicating, I don't see why not.  This may not be the actual model used but is is one way to do it - it exploits an inefficiency between two markets and indulges in market manipulation along the way.  I would think a year at 3%/week would be easier, but it would become unweildy to do it for much longer than that (again, it's an opinion).

   Mr X wants a 10% return on a USD investment, but banks pay near zero.
   Mr Z can provide him that return and gets a $500k deposit.
   Mr Z buys bitcoins at $5 each.  Because bitcoins is small, Mr Z can corner and squeeze the market - preventing big price swings, selling high and buying low.
   Mr Z does this with bitcoins that he has obtained from bitcoin users - he pays them interest.  Over six months, Mr Z has moved the price to $11, sells 50k to return $550k to Mr X
   Mr Z has happy customers, and made some money along the way.

The plus of this is that the price of bitcoins generally increases.  The down side is that the market is controlled and there is much less free-will or competitive force at work.  The phrase "you've been played" springs to mind.  Interestingly, this process also allows (within reason) a forecast future trading range (increasing).  The bubble over $13 probably hurt BS&T along with the reduced liquidity from the August withdrawal spree.  Having watched this over the past year, it was clear a lot of trading was not occurring through Gox and there are lots of good reasons for that.

Why can't he unwind it all quickly/smoothly?  Not sure, but then I would have run it differently.

And on a competitive note, since BS&T closed shop, I have processed around 8000 BTC of withdrawals for Starfish customers. 

Apparently the secret "business plan" that a few people mentioned they knew from close dealings with pirate was a total load of shit. There really never was a legitimate business, we've been flat out had. What is probably most likely is that he used the profits he shaved from pool hopping with gpumax to keep his ponzi floating long enough to make it believable, before re-opening the business to the general public.

If the info I've seen on gpumax is accurate, then he and his silent business partners have known about this from the beginning, and have never intended to pay anything significant back. If this is true, then giving them the benefit of the doubt by pushing for a civil settlement is playing to their favor and not ours. Not only do we have basically no chance of getting anything back, but we would have to pay a significant sum just to see him in court (assuming he doesn't run to Brazil or somewhere we can't touch him, then we'd pay for absolutely nothing).

In short, messing with Trendon's family is probably the least useful option. He and his business partners should be our direct targets, and chances are we're better off going immediately for criminal charges in order that things proceed as quickly as possible, and to minimize any further losses on our part. Consider every day that we wait to throw him in jail to be hookers and blow.

I'm So Meta, Even This Acronym
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 04:54:08 AM

When is Trendon's upcoming court date? It just occurred to me that Trendon's father asking for "a couple weeks" could coincide with something (like him leaving the country, this court date that's coming up...). Has it occurred to anyone to contact the prosecution with information about what Trendon has been up to? It may be information that is useful to someone.

Just a random Friday Night Thought.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:05:35 AM

It's hard to figure out which is more idiotic:  Investing in an obvious Ponzi, or getting all internet-detective when obvious Ponzi takes your money. 
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:10:03 AM

When is Trendon's upcoming court date? It just occurred to me that Trendon's father asking for "a couple weeks" could coincide with something (like him leaving the country, this court date that's coming up...). Has it occurred to anyone to contact the prosecution with information about what Trendon has been up to? It may be information that is useful to someone.

The court date is in November and it's a civil case.  There is no "prosecution" because it's not a criminal matter.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:31:16 AM

The court date is in November and it's a civil case.  There is no "prosecution" because it's not a criminal matter.

I realize y'all are taking this very seriously but I can't resist the urge to request that Judge Judy be requested to precede over this trial. She handles cases in Texas.

For the publicity.

and the lolz.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
repentance

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 05:36:59 AM

I realize y'all are taking this very seriously but I can't resist the urge to request that Judge Judy be requested to precede over this trial. She handles cases in Texas.

For the publicity.

and the lolz.

Only up to $5,000 though.

And I honestly think this whole affair has become beyond ridiculous.  Not to mention the fact that pirate logged in yesterday and has no doubt read all about everyone's plans to harass his family.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 06:07:27 AM

The court date is in November and it's a civil case.  There is no "prosecution" because it's not a criminal matter.

For the publicity.

and the lolz.

Only up to $5,000 though.

And I honestly think this whole affair has become beyond ridiculous.  Not to mention the fact that pirate logged in yesterday and has no doubt read all about everyone's plans to harass his family.

Brazen little bastard, ain't he?

I used to live in Houston in the early 90's, and have made several friends, one of which is an (American) Indian, now living only 34 miles from Trendon Shaver's known address. Therefore, Threndon, since you brazenly log on and read the latest, consider this: If you don't make your presence on this forum within 48 hours, and start to do what's right, I'm giving my friend Jake (his real first name) a call. I don't think he'll mind at all driving the distance to see you and both have a beer or two on my dime to discuss the matter at hand face-to-face.

Jake and I once had a bet to see who could carry the most drywall into a commercial building, doing so at four 4' X 12' sheets at a time. He won, and I had to pay for dinner. (I was a supervisor for the largest drywall company at the time, and this was a hot order where the usual stockers were all tied up)

~Bruno~

PS: THIS IS BITCOIN!!! So, Trendon, either come here and face the music and make right, or discuss your options over beer with Jake on my dime. Your call.
repentance

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 06:43:20 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2012, 07:42:08 AM by repentance

Brazen little bastard, ain't he?

I used to live in Houston in the early 90's, and have made several friends, one of which is an (American) Indian, now living only 34 miles from Trendon Shaver's known address. Therefore, Threndon, since you brazenly log on and read the latest, consider this: If you don't make your presence on this forum within 48 hours, and start to do what's right, I'm giving my friend Jake (his real first name) a call. I don't think he'll mind at all driving the distance to see you and both have a beer or two on my dime to discuss the matter at hand face-to-face.

Jake and I once had a bet to see who could carry the most drywall into a commercial building, doing so at four 4' X 12' sheets at a time. He won, and I had to pay for dinner. (I was a supervisor for the largest drywall company at the time, and this was a hot order where the usual stockers were all tied up)

~Bruno~

PS: THIS IS BITCOIN!!! So, Trendon, either come here and face the music and make right, or discuss your options over beer with Jake on my dime. Your call.

I'm sure Trendon is capable of hiring armed security to deal with uninvited guests.    No pesky "duty to retreat" in Texas.

BorderBits

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 07:39:39 AM

PS: THIS IS BITCOIN!!!

Exactly.  Any Bitcoiner going to Texas to show Mr. Shavers a thing or two will probably get rolled right into a new scam.  BUT THIS ONE CANNOT POSSIBLY A SCAM! YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND! A GROWN MAN WHO LOVES SPONGE BOB SQUARE PANTS RATED IT AAAAA+++++
sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 01:42:05 PM

If you're refering to the court date from the old case of DLA(sp?) vs trendon and startex or whoever, then he will not be there. He was seperated from that case a while back. We covered that in one of the other threads. If I can dig a link, I'll edit.

It is also highly unrelated to the current situation.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 01:52:15 PM

I don't understand how this would be a civil suit with most of the "investors" living outside of the USA.....

Has anyone spoke to a lawyer to get some answers of what can be done?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 03:01:03 PM

Why doesnt someone contact this guy for some legal advice?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109363.msg1189905#msg1189905
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 04:22:08 PM

1-800-call-sam

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 04:42:33 PM

Why doesnt someone contact this guy for some legal advice?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=109363.msg1189905

Are you pirate's puppet? who is that lawyer? lol

i think real lawyers will be best off but thanks...

He is a real lawyer, or at least claims to be, specialized in criminal and tort law. Since you said you couldnt afford a lawyer, and since this guy is at least familiar with bitcoins, it would make sense to get his opinion.  You can always ignore it later.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 04:53:56 PM

Don, will you be making contact with him again today? He said something about "give me 24 hours" so I'm thinking he's coming up with something to state, correct?

I think what he meant was: "WTF, you're waiting for Trendon for 2 weeks and now you want an answer from me on 24hrs?"
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 09:10:36 PM

Stay on target.

Please take a look back at your posts and, if you seem to be off topic, delete for posterity.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 10:03:42 PM

If the point of this thread was for Pirate to "show himself" at Defcon so that investors would have more confidence, I don't think this has been fulfilled.
What we have is a picture of a bunch of people, with people saying "This is me with pirate" or "I think I know who Pirate is here".
Why is everybody else so afraid to pinpoint who Pirate is? What is the point of the picture if not to show who Pirate is?

PS! I have money in some PPTs so I'm no detractor, just a bit tired of the games that seem to be played here..

Pirate is 3rd from the right.  His real name is Trendon Shavers and he lives in McKinney, TX.  He will be turning 30 in September.

Of course, nobody will believe me because if they do it takes all the fun out of it.

All this information is available via google, and if you're investor you should already know all of it or you didn't do you due diligence and one day you will be scammed by a real scam artist.  Pirate, on the other hand is just a smart guy trying to get rich by helping bitcoin reach it's full potential.

I know exactly where pirate lives thanks to a return address on a package Smiley

YOU HERE THAT, I KNOW WHERE YOU SLEEP!

Or slept: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egqZspgz-hw

Just wanted to make sure that this is out there by bluefirecorp. I'm not sure if it's been verified that the address he has and what's been presented to dated matches.

~Bruno~
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 08:43:24 AM

I reckon Pirate has a load of cash and coin at his disposal maybe not the full amount owed but a lot and he just wants to keep it.  If he puts all the coin in a brain wallet he could just declare bankruptcy.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: