Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:22:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MicroGuy's Altcoin Pick of the Week (Inside Scoop)  (Read 5274 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 02:48:26 AM

great info! cant wait to see what other picks you make. so much activity and so much excitement. been watching here for a long time and now want to get involved and buy some coins.

I will watching this Thread every day see free info pick is very helpfull for me Cheesy

I really like NAV as well, I already have a little bit of it.  I think it is a really solid coin.

navajo have strong comunity and solid dev Smiley
CoinCajigger

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

I <3 Zennies

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2015, 02:59:22 AM

nav looks like a good buy. going to get some and see how it goes.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 06:27:09 AM

NavajoCoin’s Summer Road Map Offers Breathtaking Views

The Navajo people make up the largest federally recognized tribe in the united states. The Navajo Nation extends into the states of Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico, covering over 27,000 square miles of unparalleled remote beauty.

It only makes sense that a cryptocurrency would be born that embodies this rich heritage. The Navajo Coin community is determined to bring freedom and anonymity to the forefront as their namesake did nearly a century ago.

Full Story: http://altcoinpress.com/2015/06/navajocoins-summer-road-map-offers-breathtaking-views/

I'm not going to troll, but I want to offer another facet of navajocoin which has unfortunately been completely overlooked.  They have no official association with the Navajo people and are using the name and symbols of these people without permission.  This kind of behavior goes against the United Nations Declaration of the Rights of Indigenous peoples.  Unfortunately, when I brought this up in the NAV thread, I mainly got shouted at.  I think the right thing for the navajocoin people to do is to find a way to seek the permission of the Navajo nation to use their symbols and name.  Until they do this, I'm not going to be a part of yet another story of cultural appropriation against native peoples of America.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the Navajocoin people intend to be disrespectful, but until they do the right thing and recognize that it's not okay just to slurp up the symbology of a people and pretend that it's yours then you're not doing the right thing even if you do have good intentions.  And I'm not saying the coin isn't solid or that the devs aren't smart.  I'm just saying that this branding has intellectual property issues which strike at the heart of the sad history of relations between indigenous people and colonialists on this continent.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 04:06:02 AM
Last edit: June 28, 2015, 11:22:06 PM by MicroGuy

~~

Sunday Follow-up for the Week of 6/14/2015

Altcoin = Navajo
Ticker = NAV

Website = http://www.navajocoin.org/

Sunday Recap

It was a real blast turning 50-years-old this week as I found myself infusing a most interesting beer.

But that was nothing compared to the fireworks witnessed when Navajo Coin's price nearly tripled, moving from .00001580 on Tuesday, to .00003999 (253% gain) on Thursday, and then finally coming back to rest at .0001800 BTC. It was very interesting watching the markets react in this way. The Navajo has always been known as a darting and agile warrior.

We had a lot of fun this week interacting with the community and meeting the many helpful Navajo Coin team members. The Navajo might seem shifty at times, but if you're looking for a coin for the long-term, I can't think of a coin with a better team to get behind. Okay, I need to sleep a couple of hours now to let this aged body rest.

Be sure to tune back in at the "same thread time, same thread channel" this Tuesday, when I'll be releasing my FREE altcoin pick of the week for 6-21-15. Don't miss a moment of the madness!

Also, be sure to check out all the great stories and features on our website: >> AltcoinPress.com

~~
Bitcoiner2015

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:06:48 AM

so is this, P&D of the week? It kind of looks like it!
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 02:58:41 AM

so is this, P&D of the week? It kind of looks like it!

No. I'm simply providing advance notice of an article to appear in Altcoinpress and then discussing the resulting market movement.
Ltsknnr

Activity: 159

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:18:24 AM

~~

Sunday Follow-up for the Week of 6/14/2015

Altcoin = Navajo
Ticker = NAV

Sunday Recap

It was a real blast turning 50-years-old this week as I found myself infusing a most interesting beer.

But that was nothing compared to the fireworks witnessed when Navajo Coin's price nearly tripled, moving from .00001580 on Tuesday, to .00003999 (253% gain) on Thursday, and then finally coming back to rest at .0001800 BTC. It was very interesting watching the markets react in this way. The Navajo has always been known as a darting and agile warrior.

We had a lot of fun this week interacting with the community and meeting the many helpful Navajo Coin team members. The Navajo might seem shifty at times, but if you're looking for a coin for the long-term, I can't think of a coin with a better team to get behind. Okay, I need to sleep a couple of hours now to let this aged body rest.

Be sure to tune back in at the "same thread time, same thread channel" this Tuesday, when I'll be releasing my FREE altcoin pick of the week for 6-21-15. Don't miss a moment of the madness!

Also, maybe check out my feature story later today on Poloniex, an all-American cryptocurrency exchange: >> AltcoinPress.com

~~
Yeah...sorry, I'm going to be a Debby downer on this one. That "rise" was on a minuscule amount of volume compared to the overall NAV market. Moreover, only a single exchange saw that price rise. Look at 'Trex, barely broke 2k. I appreciate you bringing coins into the "spotlight" that might be otherwise overlooked, but please don't call a flash-in-the-pan rise and fall (on a single exchange) as proof of market penetration and/or evidence of market prowess.

That being said, I do agree with you that NAV has been under appreciated by the market and has a lot of room to run. Keep pointing out coins for folks to look at, covering them from an objective perspective and your articles and threads should do well by you.

Disclosure: I am LONG on NAV.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 10:58:30 AM

Yeah...sorry, I'm going to be a Debby downer on this one. That "rise" was on a minuscule amount of volume compared to the overall NAV market. Moreover, only a single exchange saw that price rise. Look at 'Trex, barely broke 2k. I appreciate you bringing coins into the "spotlight" that might be otherwise overlooked, but please don't call a flash-in-the-pan rise and fall (on a single exchange) as proof of market penetration and/or evidence of market prowess.

That being said, I do agree with you that NAV has been under appreciated by the market and has a lot of room to run. Keep pointing out coins for folks to look at, covering them from an objective perspective and your articles and threads should do well by you.

Disclosure: I am LONG on NAV.

Thanks for your comment. If I recall the rise accounted for about 2X or 3X normal NAV daily volume on its most popularly traded exchange.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 12:00:00 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 12:28:31 AM by MicroGuy

~~

Altcoin Pick for the Week of 6/21/2015

Altcoin = CannabisCoin
Ticker = CANN

Website = http://cannabiscoin.net/

Brief Overview

(bonus: audio backing track for this post.)**

and a second track for those that read slow ...

CannabisCoin (CANN) is a proven payment solution for marijuana dispensaries, retailers, and online merchants. The coin is backed by medical-grade marijuana where its accepted, and is a community rooted coin, not a centralized "company coin" like big brother Bitcoin.

I feel the world deserves a cannabis related cryptocurrency. But at this time, I'm not so sure there's sufficient demand for 4 or 5 cannabis-themed cryptos.

Considering this coin is focused on real world use, is politically and medically correct in name, and is consumer branded for a plant medicine rapidly expanding in legalization and social acceptance, I feel this cryptocurrency deserves a place on every investor's radar. I noticed today also that CANN is now accepted by CAT, the exciting and new automated cryptocurrency trading bot.

Plus, this coin is no stranger to the highs of the charts. CannabisCoin once held a position in the top 15 with a marketcap of over $5 million dollars. With the block reward halving in just a few days, this could be an ideal time to pick up a few CANN for your portfolio.

If you're looking for a coin of the future, I can't think of a better option at the moment. Therefore, I must award CannabisCoin my Altcoin Pick of the Week!

Be sure to check out my Cannabiscoin 'Feature Story' tomorrow on AltcoinPress.com

~~
cocales

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:09:57 AM

Sorry Micro,  you can't drink beer until GLD reach $1  Grin

SnowGem.org - Improve upon great ideas of other cryptocurrencies
✔ Privacy ✔ Availability ✔ Profitability ✔ Longevity
Equihash - No Premine - No ICO - Masternodes soon
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:47:58 AM

Is Navajocoin related to Mazacoin? I see they share the same "folk" approach with a indigenous sonding name. I remember investing in MZC, something like 0.2, and I got burned, the thing crashed the next day, Payus sort of dissappear.. with time it just went to a few hundred satoshis. It was souding good with all those official papers of it being accepted by a tribe as the official currency, but it all ended up in nothing, I have no idea if some other devs picked the project up or something. I still got them lol, they show up on my portfolio trading for 67 in Cryptsy... great deal.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 02:15:10 AM

Is Navajocoin related to Mazacoin? I see they share the same "folk" approach with a indigenous sonding name. I remember investing in MZC, something like 0.2, and I got burned, the thing crashed the next day, Payus sort of dissappear.. with time it just went to a few hundred satoshis. It was souding good with all those official papers of it being accepted by a tribe as the official currency, but it all ended up in nothing, I have no idea if some other devs picked the project up or something. I still got them lol, they show up on my portfolio trading for 67 in Cryptsy... great deal.

Navajo does use the indigenous sounding name but because of WW2 cryptography (wiki code talker).  Not some wishy washy thing like Maza which was built on lies that confused and ultimately exploited investors.  Especially those in Europe and Asia who are ignorant about the internal matters of the US and bought the claims that there was a sovereign Maza nation and/or  that indigenous poverty can be solved by their own currency (false - a start to fixing that would be the restoration of the hereditary system and land redistribution of the tribal lands, because the status quo means nobody can use it as equity to take out loans and access to capital is a necessity in capitalism to prosper).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:18:16 AM

Navajo does use the indigenous sounding name but because of WW2 cryptography (wiki code talker).  Not some wishy washy thing like Maza which was built on lies that confused and ultimately exploited investors.  Especially those in Europe and Asia who are ignorant about the internal matters of the US and bought the claims that there was a sovereign Maza nation and/or  that indigenous poverty can be solved by their own currency (false - a start to fixing that would be the restoration of the hereditary system and land redistribution of the tribal lands, because the status quo means nobody can use it as equity to take out loans and access to capital is a necessity in capitalism to prosper).

It's important to recall that the Navajo are now just code talkers from WW2 but a contemporary nation of people with rights.  It's really a shame that NAV is perpetrating more of the historical abuses of indigenous peoples by failing to recognize that the only people who have the right to call themselves Navajo (and to make money from this name) are the Navajo and anyone that they've contracted with for use of the name.  It's doubly a shame because the NAV team really wants to honor the Navajo, I think. But you can't honor someone by using their name without permission.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 09:09:23 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2015, 12:36:27 AM by MicroGuy

CannabisCoin Looks to ‘Get High’ After Block Halving

... audio backing track for this post.

A special love weed is overtaking the nation as bong puffers the world over begin using crypto to purchase the multi-useful plant medicine. Cannabis is a sacred flowering plant that has been demonized for decades in many western societies.

But now the tide is turning, and it seems that much of the irrational resistance to this miracle plant is going up in smoke. A quick Google search reveals endless news stories of favorable legislation creeping across the states. And as more buyers line up to purchase the wacky wonder weed, merchants look to cannabis-themed cryptocurrencies for collecting on their nickle and dime bag wares.

CannabisCoin (CANN) is a new payment solution geared towards these marijuana dispensaries and online merchants. The coin once held a position in the top 15 with a marketcap of over $5 million dollars, but then the altcoin market crashed. Its community is hoping the upcoming block reward reduction will help erect the budding coin and bring it back into the spotlight.

Full Story: http://altcoinpress.com/2015/06/cannabiscoin-looks-to-get-high-after-block-halving/
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:36:03 PM

wow navajo still up again Sad i hope i can buy in price lower than i sell yesterday Sad this coin look great and im interesting to buy again
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 12:01:22 PM

~~

Altcoin Pick for the Week of 6/14/2015

Altcoin = Navajo
Ticker = NAV

Brief Overview

Inspired by the Navajo heroes of World War II, with their unbreakable Navajo code used to encrypt highly classified military information, this coin has obviously not yet been discovered by the mainstream altcoin investor.

Considering Navajo's nifty anonymous network features, pure POS algorithm, and new summer road map, I believe this coin is highly undervalued. There are dozens of less-organized clone currencies placed above this 77th ranked techno darling. The Navajo community is knowledgeable, loyal, and well-versed in the qualities needed to bring about success. Priced at only 1600 Satoshi's, this coin deserves a place on every investor's radar.

If you're looking for a coin for the long-term, I can't think of a better choice at the moment. Therefore, I must award NavajoCoin the Altcoin Pick of the Week!

Be sure to check out my NavajoCoin 'Feature Story' tomorrow on AltcoinPress.com

~~

you should totally do a Monthly magazine bro:

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2009/10/19/1225788/478744-tiriel-mora.jpg

: D

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:51:10 PM

Personally I think that HYPER is one of the best altcoins in the market at the moment. It has great developers,user network,games integration and a steady price grow on the exchange.(bittrex)

Also offers 5%/month PoS rewards and has a unique personalized wallet along with a complex,well-thought development plan.
MicroGuy (OP)
Legendary

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 02:48:46 PM

Personally I think that HYPER is one of the best altcoins in the market at the moment. It has great developers,user network,games integration and a steady price grow on the exchange.(bittrex)

Also offers 5%/month PoS rewards and has a unique personalized wallet along with a complex,well-thought development plan.

If we could please keep the topic confined to my picks of the week it would be appreciated.

Otherwise, we will just be opening a huge can of worms. Cheesy
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:44:55 PM

Why is CANN superior to Bitcoin when it comes to buying weed?
elite2291

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 11:17:11 PM

~~

Altcoin Pick for the Week of 6/21/2015

Altcoin = CannabisCoin
Ticker = CANN

Website = http://cannabiscoin.net/

CANN has been in accumulation since late April once it rallies again easy 2-300% profit at current price!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: