Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:57:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [LAUNCHED] Staisybit - Universal Online Staking Wallet  (Read 58538 times)
OKtoshi
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1004

OK

View Profile
November 29, 2015, 09:27:08 PM

Thank you for the answer. It's all clear now  Smiley
I've posted this question here because I felt that I might not be the only one a bit confused Smiley

Thank you again for the wonderful service and for your nice response.

P.S. What about OKcash? Would you consider adding it to your portfolio?

I just have had a quick look at their thread. It's definitely a currency which has true development, with at least 1 month of life, block explorer and 2 exchanges with API; in other words, it satisfies all our requirements. If you know their dev, please tell him to pm me here on BitcoinTalk, otherwise i will contact him directly.
Thank you.

Professionalism and transparency are conveyed perfectly within StaisyBit service and platform.
The OK community would be honored! Congratulations!
PM sent.

OK is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls OK and everyone can take part.
StaisyBit (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

memento audere semper

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2015, 12:44:16 AM

This Service is amazing. I have a free share while I learn and prepare to deposit more. My questions:
1. Are the contracts purchased in BTC, or in the currency of the contract?
2. Are withdrawals in BTC, or withdrawn in the currency of the wallet?
3. Is there an option to purchase a subscription so that the a contract automatically renews after 30 days?
Congratz to all who brought this to fruition, and to all who now support it.
Thx.

1. Purchase in BTC only for the moment.
2. Withdrawals are in the altcoin you are using.
3. When you buy a contract you can choose the duration: 1 month, 2 months, 3 months. We can't add automatic renew as feature having the need to get paid in BTC.

Thank you for you support.

Thank you for the answer. It's all clear now  Smiley
I've posted this question here because I felt that I might not be the only one a bit confused Smiley

Thank you again for the wonderful service and for your nice response.

P.S. What about OKcash? Would you consider adding it to your portfolio?

I just have had a quick look at their thread. It's definitely a currency which has true development, with at least 1 month of life, block explorer and 2 exchanges with API; in other words, it satisfies all our requirements. If you know their dev, please tell him to pm me here on BitcoinTalk, otherwise i will contact him directly.
Thank you.

Professionalism and transparency are conveyed perfectly within StaisyBit service and platform.
The OK community would be honored! Congratulations!
PM sent.

Thank you, appreciated. Replied to your PM.

Cheers
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2015, 06:26:34 PM

Thank you Staisybit for adding us to your service.
Lets explore the future of POS mining, and may the stake be with you!

Happy staking,
IW

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 03:01:01 PM

what i love is that the amanzing statistics of staisybit let the DMD Diamond shine bright

its visible on first view that it performs great

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
StaisyBit (OP)

memento audere semper

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 03:38:03 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 04:08:48 PM by StaisyBit

I report here a conversation happened on ERC thread for clarity

Hi Matthias,

How are the shares calculated in Staisybit?

Currently there are ~39BTC in Europecoin in Staisybit. If I have 4BTC worth of ERC in Staisybit does it mean that I have a 10% share in the staking?

Tks

Hi. Please post this question in Staisybit thread too, i will copy/paste the reply there. This will help others with same question. Thank you.

Shares are based on the weight that the user is able to earn keeping his coins on our system. The weight is a mix between user's average funds and the time he has kept those funds on Staisybit. In this way, we can take into consideration not only the deposits, but also the withdrawals (which decrease the weight), also considering the time, which rewards users for the fact that they keep coins on our wallet (which is, by the way, the same the normally a PoS wallet does when calculating user weight in network). I have also implemented a system to adjust, in medium/long term, the weight of big holders, ensuring to the small holders to have always a chance to get shares even when big holders have kept their (big) deposits on Staisybit for long time (hence having accumulated much much weight).

Example:

- Assumptions: usernames are "A" and "B", now is time "t", cash flows are indicated with "cf", balance is indicated with "b"

Assuming to have:

User    cash flow time    cash flow amount    cash flow name    weight
A    t-4    100    cf_1    W_A_1
A    t-3    100    cf_2    W_A_2
A    t-2    -50    cf_3    W_A_3
A    t-1    50    cf_4    W_A_4
A    t    100    cf_5    W_A_5

B    t-4    100    cf_1    W_B_1
B    t-3    100    cf_2    W_B_2
B    t-2    -50    cf_3    W_B_3
B    t-1    50    cf_4    W_B_4
B    t    100    cf_5    W_B_5
Then, at time "t" (now), i'd calc the shares as follow:

- User A:
  • current balance(b1) = cf_1           then =>     weight for the 1st period (W_A_1) is:    b_1 * [(t-3) - (t-4)]
  • current balance(b2) = cf_2 + b1   then =>     weight for the 2nd period (W_A_2) is:    b_2 * [(t-2) - (t-3)]
  • current balance(b3) = cf_3 + b2   then =>     weight for the 3rd period (W_A_3) is:    b_3 * [(t-1) - (t-2)]
  • current balance(b4) = cf_4 + b3   then =>     weight for the 4th period (W_A_4) is:    b_4 * [(t) - (t-1)]

- User B: the same as user A

Then:

• User A weight: W_A_1 + W_A_2 + W_A_3 + W_A_4 = W_A_T
  • User B weight: W_B_1 + W_B_2 + W_B_3 + W_B_4 = W_B_T
  • Total Weight of "Staisybit": W_A_T + W_B_T = W_T

Now... the shares:

• User A: W_A_T / W_T * 100
  • User B: W_B_T / W_T * 100

The math above is able to take into consideration not just the deposits, but also the withdrawals, and always considering the time you kept a certain balance in our system too; we give importance to the time because, as you know, time matter in PoS coins under the name of "weight" or "coinage".

Recently, an user raised a problem of this system:

Problem: if an user deposit large amounts and keep them there for long time, small users won't have enough weight to even get 0.01% of the shares.

Solution: users whom have more than 20% of total Staisybit funds for a certain coin, will see the weight of the time decrease slowly within 365 days. What does this mean? This mean that i created a function that decrease the weight of the time until 0.4% in 365 days. In other words, users with very high % of funds will end up having their weight calculated almost only by their funds, no matter the time, in 365 days.

I know it's a bit hard to explain on the paper, feel free to ask more if something is not clear.
nfigueir

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:05:25 PM

Thank you for the detailed calculations. It makes sense. It tries to be fair to all users although it will always be a bit "unfair" if there are very large whales of a given currency.

However, currencies where that exist are probably not a good one

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
StaisyBit (OP)

memento audere semper

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 04:16:54 PM

Thank you for the detailed calculations. It makes sense. It tries to be fair to all users although it will always be a bit "unfair" if there are very large whales of a given currency.

However, currencies where that exist are probably not a good one

It'd be unfair without the adjustment. But, as i told above, the time will matter always less, day after day, for "whales". I can say you that the firsts 183 days, the weight of the time is already dropped to its 50% .. after 183 days it will decrease more slowly to prevent complains from the "whales". In 365 days the time will matter only its 20% (hence, 365 days will be counted as 73 days).

Some example:

- Whale: funds = 1000 , time = 183 days (counted as 91)
- Fish: funds = 10, time = 183 days                               

Fish/Whale funds ratio: 0.01 (fish holds 1 coin every 100 of the whale)

Weight after 183 days:   Whale = 91000  ; Fish = 1830       

Fish/Whale weight ratio:  0.02 approx

It's the double, and it even grows ...
nfigueir

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:27:48 PM

Yes, my comment is exactly in that sense, you algorithm tries to even out the whale natural advantage while still giving them something.

I was not a criticism, just my view on the fairness of the eco-system, not the algorithm itself.. Life isn't fair also  Cool

Gulden NLG: GdQgmEN1ptPzKpnMmRw7pwAuPGiJZCZjHi    Europecoin  ERC: Edg1HCFSsVweehu35YeHXfURKXgEi7qnLm
StaisyBit (OP)

memento audere semper

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 04:37:50 PM

Yes, my comment is exactly in that sense, you algorithm tries to even out the whale natural advantage while still giving them something.

I was not a criticism, just my view on the fairness of the eco-system, not the algorithm itself.. Life isn't fair also  Cool

No i appreciate feedback, don't misunderstand me  Smiley I was just saying that we can't disadvantage "whales" too much, considering that thanks to their funds "fishes" have the possibility to earn more (few or much more depends on many things, like PoS diff, particular PoS engine, difference between size of biggest wallets and average size, timing.. but it's generally more).

Anyway, we appreciate feedback, nay we WANT feedback. Because nothing is definitive, we are able to adjust the sharing system at run-time.
incognitoworker

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:38:45 PM

I report here a conversation happened on ERC thread for clarity

Hi Matthias,

How are the shares calculated in Staisybit?

Currently there are ~39BTC in Europecoin in Staisybit. If I have 4BTC worth of ERC in Staisybit does it mean that I have a 10% share in the staking?

Tks

Hi. Please post this question in Staisybit thread too, i will copy/paste the reply there. This will help others with same question. Thank you.

Shares are based on the weight that the user is able to earn keeping his coins on our system. The weight is a mix between user's average funds and the time he has kept those funds on Staisybit. In this way, we can take into consideration not only the deposits, but also the withdrawals (which decrease the weight), also considering the time, which rewards users for the fact that they keep coins on our wallet (which is, by the way, the same the normally a PoS wallet does when calculating user weight in network). I have also implemented a system to adjust, in medium/long term, the weight of big holders, ensuring to the small holders to have always a chance to get shares even when big holders have kept their (big) deposits on Staisybit for long time (hence having accumulated much much weight).

Example:

- Assumptions: usernames are "A" and "B", now is time "t", cash flows are indicated with "cf", balance is indicated with "b"

Assuming to have:

A    t-4    100    cf_1    W_A_1
A    t-3    100    cf_2    W_A_2
A    t-2    -50    cf_3    W_A_3
A    t-1    50    cf_4    W_A_4
A    t    100    cf_5    W_A_5

B    t-4    100    cf_1    W_B_1
B    t-3    100    cf_2    W_B_2
B    t-2    -50    cf_3    W_B_3
B    t-1    50    cf_4    W_B_4
B    t    100    cf_5    W_B_5
Then, at time "t" (now), i'd calc the shares as follow:

- User A:
  • current balance(b1) = cf_1           then =>     weight for the 1st period (W_A_1) is:    b_1 * [(t-3) - (t-4)]
  • current balance(b2) = cf_2 + b1   then =>     weight for the 2nd period (W_A_2) is:    b_2 * [(t-2) - (t-3)]
  • current balance(b3) = cf_3 + b2   then =>     weight for the 3rd period (W_A_3) is:    b_3 * [(t-1) - (t-2)]
  • current balance(b4) = cf_4 + b3   then =>     weight for the 4th period (W_A_4) is:    b_4 * [(t) - (t-1)]

- User B: the same as user A

Then:

• User A weight: W_A_1 + W_A_2 + W_A_3 + W_A_4 = W_A_T
  • User B weight: W_B_1 + W_B_2 + W_B_3 + W_B_4 = W_B_T
  • Total Weight of "Staisybit": W_A_T + W_B_T = W_T

Now... the shares:

• User A: W_A_T / W_T * 100
  • User B: W_B_T / W_T * 100

The math above is able to take into consideration not just the deposits, but also the withdrawals, and always considering the time you kept a certain balance in our system too; we give importance to the time because, as you know, time matter in PoS coins under the name of "weight" or "coinage".

Recently, an user raised a problem of this system:

Problem: if an user deposit large amounts and keep them there for long time, small users won't have enough weight to even get 0.01% of the shares.

Solution: users whom have more than 20% of total Staisybit funds for a certain coin, will see the weight of the time decrease slowly within 365 days. What does this mean? This mean that i created a function that decrease the weight of the time until 0.4% in 365 days. In other words, users with very high % of funds will end up having their weight calculated almost only by their funds, no matter the time, in 365 days.

I know it's a bit hard to explain on the paper, feel free to ask more if something is not clear.
The amount of work put into making a fair system is impressive.
This enables smaller users to compete with the whales in a "symbiose" where all wins.
We are proud to be a part of this adventure, Happy staking to everyone!

IW

EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 07:02:29 PM

BITZ is happy to now be part of this exciting project  Grin

Soooooooon...............
StaisyBit (OP)

memento audere semper

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 12:59:23 PM

Important update - 6th Dec. 2015

Contracts:
After a month of stable service, having received hundred feedback, we have decided to change our business model regarding BTC contracts to use our service. I'm here to announce that Staisybit will no more use a BTC contract approach.

Fees:
Getting rid of BTC contracts, we anyway need incomes to keep up the whole thing. The natural approach is using fees % on every transaction, like, for example, exchanges do.

Fee have been set as follow:

- deposits: 0.25%
- withdrawals: 1%
- generated coins: 5%

It's worth to point out that 5% fees on the mined amounts may seem high, but actually the impact on the single user is negligible and it decreases as the number of users. Indeed, the 5% fee is applied on the value of the block generated, therefore the fee itself is shared among all the participants, ensuring a very lower impact on the single one.

I put below a brief example with numbers of how users share fees:

Example coin: BLK
Number of users:  2
Block value    Fees    User gets (with Fees)    User would get (without Fees)    Impact
100    5 BLK    47,5 BLK    50 BLK    50 - 47,5 = 2,5 BLK
200    10 BLK    95 BLK    100 BLK    100 - 95 = 5 BLK
            Total Impact for 300 BLK mined    7,5 BLK for each user

Number of users:  50
Block value    Fees    User gets (with Fees)    User would get (without Fees)    Impact
100    5 BLK    1,90 BLK    2 BLK    2 - 1.9 = 0.1 BLK
200    10 BLK    3,80 BLK    4 BLK    4 - 3.80 = 0.2 BLK
            Total Impact for 300 BLK mined    0.3 BLK for each user

Feel free to ask more.
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2452
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 03:43:50 PM

Thank you for adding EnergyCoin to your service.
link to EnergyCoin

There was a question about safari on iPad: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1028941.msg13165977#msg13165977

EnergyCoin wallet looks great on Staisybit:

The first 10 new users for EnergyCoin with 10000 ENRG get 1000 ENRG reward if they post their wallet with ENRG depostit addres in our topic the same way I did abouve.

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
StaisyBit (OP)

memento audere semper

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 04:14:02 PM

Thank you for you support Jan. Cheers.

ps. i've replied to the question in your thread
anonymousx

Activity: 431

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 04:47:52 PM

This is very good, BTC will make the pool or users lose because of price drop/raise as you will be dumping coins for BTC to payout users, this will keep coins stable, and reward users with the same coin. did I get that right?
szenekonzept
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1012

Europecoin Financecloud API

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2015, 05:05:08 PM

This is very good, BTC will make the pool or users lose because of price drop/raise as you will be dumping coins for BTC to payout users, this will keep coins stable, and reward users with the same coin. did I get that right?

not the main point, but straightly forward correct, we are not a multipool, you get what you stake, and earn if you hold,
because we are trying to stake only  trustworthy coins. We are even holding our stake fee, witch we (naturally) can't prove yet,
but will be able to show over time. TRUST is a matter of time anyway. Our avantage may be the fact, we have possibly proven our
trustworthiness long before this project started, through our work in former projects (I'd like to hope)

have fun
Matthias Smiley

anonymousx

Activity: 431

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:13:18 PM

not the main point, but straightly forward correct, we are not a multipool, you get what you stake, and earn if you hold,
because we are trying to stake only  trustworthy coins. We are even holding our stake fee, witch we (naturally) can't prove yet,
but will be able to show over time. TRUST is a matter of time anyway. Our avantage may be the fact, we have possibly proven our
trustworthiness long before this project started, through our work in former projects (I'd like to hope)

have fun
Matthias Smiley

Trust in your staking pool is not an issue for me, incognito recommended you and everything to me, I will start staking soon as I like the interface and support, keep up the good work.
incognitoworker

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 06:11:36 PM

Contracts:
After a month of stable service, having received hundred feedback, we have decided to change our business model regarding BTC contracts to use our service. I'm here to announce that Staisybit will no more use a BTC contract approach.

Fees:
Getting rid of BTC contracts, we anyway need incomes to keep up the whole thing. The natural approach is using fees % on every transaction, like, for example, exchanges do.

It's worth to point out that 5% fees on the mined amounts may seem high, but actually the impact on the single user is negligible and it decreases as the number of users. Indeed, the 5% fee is applied on the value of the block generated, therefore the fee itself is shared among all the participants, ensuring a very lower impact on the single one.

Feel free to ask more.
Very interesting decision StaisyBit Smiley
Keep up the good work, together we can change alot for the future!
Happy staking!

IW

SD33

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:34:58 PM

Contracts:

Fees:

Feel free to ask more.

Great work. Great job.
Having fun!

Minerjoe

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:43:58 AM

EXCUSE ME!!!!!!

"Fee have been set as follow:

- generated coins: 5%"

5% FEE ON GENERATED COINS?Huh? WTF, you guys started so nice and now turned to be EXTREMELY GREEDY. Only a total fool would pay 5% for online staking wallet. After all, what s stopping me from staking it on my own machine.

I m out, thank you but NO thank you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: