Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: High-risk, high-reward: Dogecoin and Bitcoin  (Read 2712 times)
dataispower (OP)

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 08:14:45 PM

Ofcourse it is more likely for a coin with a lowish market cap to gain 50x value than for something with a 4 billion marketcap to gain the same 50x value... Not really a very interesting discussion...

I beg to differ.   Doge was always the most publicized alternate, even more publicized than Litecoin, and it failed harder than BTC in the acquisition of new users.  In many ways Doge was also reaching people who had also never heard of Bitcoin either.

One of my acquittance is the man who is often regarded as creating the first Doge ATM, in the whole world, and he had to shut it down (lack of sales) but meanwhile he has since had probably dozens of successful BTC machines.

Reality is Doge creates a lot of noise, has a lot of 'tards and kids following it on Reddit, it got its' 5 minutes of fame in the media (Olympics, Nascar, a lot of coverage on TV news) and a lot of publicity but when it came to the mass public it performed worse than BTC in attracting users.   If people are skeptical about BTC, when they had learned about Doge they literally saw it as some Pokemon / Cabbage Patch kid thing and were less interested in that.  

Doge, admittedly, could had been more successful if they had followed up and made cartoons or products for it aimed at preteens with parent's credit cards but decentralized communities are chaotic and many of the Doge early adopters were more interested in cashing out than working on the capitalization (see the infamous god PDF)

IMHO - if any alternate had as much publicity as Doge did, heck even LTC, they would be giving BTC a run for their money.

The fact is, that dogecoin has the most active community than all altcoins combined.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:04:27 PM

Ofcourse it is more likely for a coin with a lowish market cap to gain 50x value than for something with a 4 billion marketcap to gain the same 50x value... Not really a very interesting discussion...

I beg to differ.   Doge was always the most publicized alternate, even more publicized than Litecoin, and it failed harder than BTC in the acquisition of new users.  In many ways Doge was also reaching people who had also never heard of Bitcoin either.

One of my acquittance is the man who is often regarded as creating the first Doge ATM, in the whole world, and he had to shut it down (lack of sales) but meanwhile he has since had probably dozens of successful BTC machines.

Reality is Doge creates a lot of noise, has a lot of 'tards and kids following it on Reddit, it got its' 5 minutes of fame in the media (Olympics, Nascar, a lot of coverage on TV news) and a lot of publicity but when it came to the mass public it performed worse than BTC in attracting users.   If people are skeptical about BTC, when they had learned about Doge they literally saw it as some Pokemon / Cabbage Patch kid thing and were less interested in that.  

Doge, admittedly, could had been more successful if they had followed up and made cartoons or products for it aimed at preteens with parent's credit cards but decentralized communities are chaotic and many of the Doge early adopters were more interested in cashing out than working on the capitalization (see the infamous god PDF)

IMHO - if any alternate had as much publicity as Doge did, heck even LTC, they would be giving BTC a run for their money.

The fact is, that dogecoin has the most active community than all altcoins combined.

If that was the basis for success then Monero would already be a $Trillion in capitalization, the monerorons are spamming this forum like everyday.   Cheesy

"Fact is" is the only coins that ever had real world publicity was Bitcoin and Dogecoin and both sucked, Bitcoin 100,000 users over 6 years (according to FRB) and Doge couldn't even keep ATMs running (despite it having a monopoly on being the "only other alternate that people on mainstreet knew about").

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:15:42 PM

I beg to differ.   Doge was always the most publicized alternate, even more publicized than Litecoin, and it failed harder than BTC in the acquisition of new users.  In many ways Doge was also reaching people who had also never heard of Bitcoin either.

If that was the basis for success then Monero would already be a $Trillion in capitalization, the monerorons are spamming this forum like everyday.   Cheesy

"Fact is" is the only coins that ever had real world publicity was Bitcoin and Dogecoin and both sucked, Bitcoin 100,000 users over 6 years (according to FRB) and Doge couldn't even keep ATMs running (despite it having a monopoly on being the "only other alternate that people on mainstreet knew about").

Network effect.
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2015, 09:40:14 PM

The doge is #2.. forget this silly Market cap bs.

I think it is an important discussion to have.
kevindurant

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:45:44 PM

This is Bitcoin speculation, we don't give a damn about dogecoin.

A. I care.

B. There is a discussion going on about Litecoin in this section in relation to Bitcoin, why not make the same about Dogecoin?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1082048.0

Now both in Altcoin discussion as they should be. Wink

Dogecoin is a joke but I earn a lot of money last year. Thanks to all buyers. Cheesy

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 02:39:26 PM

Now both in Altcoin discussion as they should be. Wink

Another thread evicted to the altcoin ghetto. Yay! Grin

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

kevindurant

Activity: 546

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:54:58 PM

Altcoin discussion is a mess but what can we do? Smiley

MyLucky7

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:07:02 PM

Altcoin discussion is a mess but what can we do? Smiley

Bitcoin block size discussion has also been a mess but what did we do about it? Smiley
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 02:59:28 AM

Dataispower, I actually have an altcoin I just made right now, and it's marketcap is currently at about $0.00001 US Dollars.

Do you agree that my coin has a higher chance of increasing its price by 1 million-fold than dogecoin does?

It's not even a competition! my coin is clearly MUCH better than dogecoin! You should put all your money in my coin! Don't miss out on such a great opportunity!
Bitcoiner2015

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:02:23 AM

In my opinion it is more probable for Dogecoin to gain $1 billion market cap, than for bitcoin to show the same amount of growth in the same period of time.

For $5000 you could buy around 20 BTC today, and for 20 BTC you could buy around 25 Million doge. If dogecoin market cap goes to $1 billion, then you would have around $250,000. To see the same kind of return from bitcoin, the bitcoin market cap has to get to around $175,000,000,000. The price of one btc will have to be around $12,500.

Ask yourself, which is more probable to happen sooner, for 1 dogecoin to be valued $1 cent, to gain a market cap of $1 billion, or for bitcoin to get to $175,000,000,000 market cap.

Considering that litecoin already got to $1 billion market cap in the past, I don't see any reason why dogecoin wouldn't achieve the same result and more.

Don’t invest more than you can afford to lose.

No analysis, just opinion.  Far too many people talk about just 1c meaning that a coins is worth x billion, just one problem, it isn't and won't be worth 1c!
Markets don't look and think, ahh Doge could easily be 1c, lets just pump it to 50x its actual value to meet this stupid idea!

You could make more with Doge, or lose it all.  Bitcoin is much safer.
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:55:21 AM

In my opinion it is more probable for Dogecoin to gain $1 billion market cap, than for bitcoin to show the same amount of growth in the same period of time.

For $5000 you could buy around 20 BTC today, and for 20 BTC you could buy around 25 Million doge. If dogecoin market cap goes to $1 billion, then you would have around $250,000. To see the same kind of return from bitcoin, the bitcoin market cap has to get to around $175,000,000,000. The price of one btc will have to be around $12,500.

Ask yourself, which is more probable to happen sooner, for 1 dogecoin to be valued $1 cent, to gain a market cap of $1 billion, or for bitcoin to get to $175,000,000,000 market cap.

Considering that litecoin already got to $1 billion market cap in the past, I don't see any reason why dogecoin wouldn't achieve the same result and more.

Don’t invest more than you can afford to lose.

No analysis, just opinion.  Far too many people talk about just 1c meaning that a coins is worth x billion, just one problem, it isn't and won't be worth 1c!

You could make more with Doge, or lose it all.  Bitcoin is much safer.

High-risk, high-reward.

I base the probability of dogecoin reaching $1 billion on the popularity of it, and the past performance of litecoin. I'm not an expert, and this is an opinion, which I've said. Your reply however does not contain any reference to anything.

Read the post before saying things like: "Markets don't look and think, ahh Doge could easily be 1c, lets just pump it to 50x its actual value to meet this stupid idea!".
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:56:45 AM

I don't think Doge will reach that amount of market cap
because Doge keep inflating and price will drop because of that

Currency supply:

Dogecoin and bitcoin estimated inflation rate for the next 10 years.

2015: Bitcoin: 10.00% | Dogecoin: 5.20%
2016: Bitcoin: 9.09%   | Dogecoin: 4.94%
2017: Bitcoin: 4.17%   | Dogecoin: 4.71%
2018: Bitcoin: 4.00%   | Dogecoin: 4.50%
2019: Bitcoin: 3.85%   | Dogecoin: 4.30%
2020: Bitcoin: 3.70%   | Dogecoin: 4.13%
2021: Bitcoin: 1.79%   | Dogecoin: 3.96%
2022: Bitcoin: 1.75%   | Dogecoin: 3.81%
2023: Bitcoin: 1.72%   | Dogecoin: 3.67%
2024: Bitcoin: 1.69%   | Dogecoin: 3.54%

“The goal for the currency is to keep approximately 100 billion coins in circulation - thus after 100 billion Dogecoins are created, rewards will continue at 10k each block. This will help maintain mining and stabilize the number of coins in circulation (considering lost wallets and various other ways coins may be destroyed) at 100 billion.”
https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/issues/23#issuecomment-33893149
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 09:58:09 AM

Dataispower, I actually have an altcoin I just made right now, and it's marketcap is currently at about $0.00001 US Dollars.

Do you agree that my coin has a higher chance of increasing its price by 1 million-fold than dogecoin does?

It's not even a competition! my coin is clearly MUCH better than dogecoin! You should put all your money in my coin! Don't miss out on such a great opportunity!

Try harder.
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:04:49 AM

But as always, don’t invest more than you can afford to lose.

now we can discussion about dogecoin in here Huh

Btw Dogecoin are joke for me not special about that coin, i like litecoin than jokecoin

Yes, a joke with a $20+ million market cap, with more active users than all altcoins combined (including litecoin).

Reddit subscribers doesnt mean shit, many of them have 10+ sockpuppet accounts and 90% of them arebn't active anymore.

gtfo with this fucking dogshitcoin, its dev left too.

Which Dev left?

Dogecoin Developers:

Patrick Lodder

https://github.com/patricklodder

https://bitscan.com/articles/spotlight-on-dogecoin

Ross Nicoll

https://github.com/rnicoll

https://bitcoinexpo2015.com/ross-nicoll/

Max Keller

https://github.com/langerhans

http://thecoinfront.com/dogecoin-developer-langer-hans-very-moon-so-wow/

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/15320/dogecoin-core-development-interview/

Subscribers: 89K

http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin/

Twitter:

https://twitter.com/dogecoin 158K followers

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/OfficialDogecoin 61K likes

EDIT: you edited your post.
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:08:56 AM

its creater left, it has the worst branding ever, nobody is going to take this shitcoin serious, its filled with kids worshipping a dumbass dog.

Where is the creator of bitcoin? Nobody is going to take twitter seriously it has a bird for a logo.
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:21:09 AM

its creater left, it has the worst branding ever, nobody is going to take this shitcoin serious, its filled with kids worshipping a dumbass dog.

Where is the creator of bitcoin? Nobody is going to take twitter seriously it has a bird for a logo.

u dont understand branding, people accept much easier a mild little blue bird than an animated stupid dog, thats why it is a meme dude. you cant change a meme in something serious, its a joke. and most importantly twitter has a real world usecase, doge doesnt offer anything innovative or something with a real world purpose that bitcoin couldn't offer, its a shit copy of ltc/btc.

Yes, a joke with a $20+ million market cap, with more active users than all altcoins combined (including litecoin).

Try harder.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:26:07 PM

Try harder.
Looks like you have no argument to back up your idiocy. YOu're the one who should try harder.
dataispower (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 05:12:37 PM

Try harder.
Looks like you have no argument to back up your idiocy. YOu're the one who should try harder.

Try harder.
Ingatqhvq

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:45:37 AM

dogecoin is nothing but a joke coin and leave it or you lost all of your money.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:59:34 PM

The doge is #2.. forget this silly Market cap bs.

I think it is an important discussion to have.

I think so as well.  Most people that have heard of bitcoin have heard of dogecoin and not litecoin.

Doge's minimum payout allows for very small sending fees thus making it more of a spending currency IMO while bitcoin is like gold a holding currency.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: