Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:01:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetBOX.com Discussion  (Read 236942 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 02:03:31 PM

it seems ok now...
thanks for your prompt work.

Crystyan

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 02:08:17 PM

i think its a problem with deposits,because just I deposited some satoshi but do not appear transaction and in blockchain have more than 4 confirmations
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 02:17:59 PM

i think its a problem with deposits,because just I deposited some satoshi but do not appear transaction and in blockchain have more than 4 confirmations

Can you check it now? If you still don't see it, please send me transaction id.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
Crystyan

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2015, 02:22:50 PM

Can you check it now? If you still don't see it, please send me transaction id.
it seems that everything is good now, thanks Smiley
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 03, 2015, 09:19:57 PM

We're getting reports about iMacro scripts for abusing faucets (all kinds, not just Faucet in a Box, but also Microwallet's Microfaucet and Elbandi's Minifaucet). Does anyone have any details about that?

thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 07:45:00 AM

We're getting reports about iMacro scripts for abusing faucets (all kinds, not just Faucet in a Box, but also Microwallet's Microfaucet and Elbandi's Minifaucet). Does anyone have any details about that?

I can provide you with the full list of sites affected...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:07:40 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 09:35:59 AM by Kazuldur

I can provide you with the full list of sites affected...

Thanks for the PDF you've sent us through email with FAQ of the bot. So the problem is that https://rucaptcha.com/ became cheap enough to use to abuse faucets. With about $0.50 per 1000 solves it means that it's profitable for the abusers if a single normal payout + referral payout is more than ~170 satoshi (if I done the math right).

We're brainstorming about solutions right now, but it'll be tough to solve, especially if we don't want to hit legitimate users. The reasons are:

1. we can't block IP addresses, because they're using on-demand VPS services, which means that they can get a new IP address in 30 seconds. It also means that simply blocking by country won't work. What's more, FaucetBOX.com API doesn't know users' IP addresses (by design), so that would have to be done on faucet end.
2. we can't block bitcoin addresses, as creating a new one would take one second.
3. we can't try to identify whether a real browser is used or not, because this bot is using a real browser.
4. we don't want to require a registration and verification from users (which would make banning them possible). It was and is our main feature that faucet users don't have to visit FaucetBOX.com or even know about it to receive their coins. It's what allowed FaucetBOX.com and faucets based on it to grow.
5. there's nothing else we can use to identify users.

So things I can recommend to you right now if you're concerned about this issue is:

1. make your faucet as unique as possible (not just graphically, but for example by making a minigames). It's easy to abuse faucets if every one of them works almost the same way. No one will bother to write a bot just for your unique faucet.
2. lower your rewards, so that a single average reward + referral percent is lower than ~150 satoshi. You can offset that by lowering your timer too. That way abusers will pay more for solving the captcha then they're getting from you.
3. use unpopular captchas. I think that Rucaptcha works for reCaptcha and Solve Media, but I'm yet to confirm that.

Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:48:41 AM

We've released a new release of Faucet in a BOX script: http://faucetinabox.com/static/download/v1/faucetinabox-r52.zip . It makes name of the address field random, which will break simple bots. It's just a minor change, changing a bot to detect that won't take more than 10 minutes, but it's something Smiley

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 12:15:08 PM

Perhaps using a random timer (1-5 seconds), and only displaying the captcha and form once the timer has been completed could help. Granted, it could probably be bypassed by changing the Javascript or HTML DOM but it could possibly put things in their tracks for a short while. I would try to see how the API works and if there is a way around it, but I do not know Russian and all translation services fail to translate it.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 12:27:19 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2015, 12:48:33 PM by Kazuldur

Does any of the affected faucets use Are you a Human captcha? Looks like Rucaptcha doesn't support it.

EDIT: we'll also try experimenting with minteye.com captcha, but for now I can't even register on it (it timeouts)...

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 12:56:50 PM

EDIT: we'll also try experimenting with minteye.com captcha, but for now I can't even register on it (it timeouts)...
Minteye has shutdown I believe, according to a person in my faucet guide either way. Besides, I have heard reports from faucet owners that Minteye was very easy to bot, so I doubt it would have helped much.
Crystyan

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 03:27:34 PM

https://2captcha.com/ Check This Out it`s like https://rucaptcha.com/
BitCet

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 09:12:36 PM

Hello,
I have suggestion for you.

How about banning from hostname? not IP address or IP range.

Example
This is hostname VPS list:
XXXXX.XXXXXX.compute.amazonaws.com
XXXXXX[Suspicious link removed]ltr.com
XXXXXXX.static.cloud-ips.com
XXXXXXX.members.linode.com
XXXXXXX.softlayer.com
etc

I don't care they are bots or real. Because advertiser not counting visitors from VPS IP.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 09:15:22 PM

Hello,

Example
XXXXXXX.softlayer.com
etc

I don't care they are bots or real. Because advertiser not counting visitors from VPS IP.

Reverse DNS queries can be slow (I remember having problems with timeouts on faucets because of that), but we'll investigate that, thanks Smiley

BitCet

Activity: 11

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 09:57:57 PM

Hello,

Example
XXXXXXX.softlayer.com
etc

Reverse DNS queries can be slow (I remember having problems with timeouts on faucets because of that), but we'll investigate that, thanks Smiley

Good. Accept BitCet on Faucet List now. It still "Waiting for approval" Cheesy
aniko11

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 06:17:42 AM

If faucetbox The Transaction ID is a clickable link to the Bitcoin (BTC) blockchain reader at blockr.io
At blockr.io it says "Unconfirmed transaction!"
If we take the SAME Transaction ID to the Major, Luxembourg based BlockchainInfo BTC Block Explorer:- https://blockchain.info/search
We can see that that the problem is : Transaction rejected by our node. Reason: The Maximum number of outputs in a single transaction is 200

Can you explain what do you want to do with this issue?

couineur

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:33:42 AM

if the advertisers know the VPS IPs, maybe it is possible to ask them if an IP is valid or not, or retrieve the same list as the one they use?
examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 3271

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 01:10:57 PM

is anyone have problem with payment from faucetbox?
on faucetbox dashboard everything looks ok, but after 24h on block reader Unconfirmed transaction!
for the first time in the last year I have problem with FB.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
aniko11

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 02:09:39 PM

on faucetbox dashboard everything looks ok, but after 24h on block reader Unconfirmed transaction!
Read my post above, and try it for yourself with the Transaction ID on blockchain.info

Finx

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:24:26 PM

I have got not no issue about using this service. I got all my payment within just 24 hours smooth and confirmed transactions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: