Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 03:29:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetBOX.com Discussion  (Read 236942 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
misterbit

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:13:08 PM

Kazuldur How to set different rewards for different countries?
That requires a bit of extra modification to the FaucetBox file, but it isn't difficult. Personally I think the easiest way to do it would be by using a geoip API, however this may be inaccurate. The API that I'll be using in this example is freegeoip. This API has a limit of 10,000 requests per hour, so I can't imagine it would reach the cap for a faucet. Code is untested as always.

On line 2309 in index.php add this code to get the country code, since it's easier to use:
Code:
$countryCode = json_decode(file_get_contents('http://freegeoip.net/json/' . getIP()))->country_code;
This will return the user's country code in ISO form, for example GB for United Kingdom.

You can then just check the country code before sending the reward and adjust the amount, for example:
Code:
if($countryCode == 'GB'){
     $reward *= 0.1;
}
This code would increase the amount given to any user in the United Kingdom by 10% (or the multiplier of 0.1). You could obviously go into detail a lot with this, but I'm not going to because the rest is self explanatory.

Another way that this could be done would be by using the geoip_country_by_name in PHP's geoip framework, however this framework may not be available to the majority of hosting users due to it having to usually be installed separately to PHP.

If you're using this though, you could probably just replace the first line of code with:
Code:
$countryCode = geoip_get_country_by_name($hostnames->hostnames);
And it would likely return the same result.

Lol... So you would give people less or more satoshi based on the country they live in? What does the "cost of living" have to do with anything? I'm not seeing it.
I believe that some faucets use it to adjust rates due to advertising income. For countries such as Russia and Ukraine which bring in less money they get smaller rewards than countries like the US and UK which bring in more advertising revenue.

We know that life is more expensive in some countries than in others, how is it possible that you have not yet implemented this in the script?
Since it requires an external API to be used, or more server usage on a service like NastyHosts, and I can't imagine it would be too easy to make a UI which would work well for a faucet owner to change countries' rewards. That and it could probably be abused by users using VPNs and Proxies to get larger rewards.
Would it be friend as well?

Code:
} else {
                    $ret = $fb->send($address, $reward);
$countryCode = json_decode(file_get_contents('http://freegeoip.net/json/' . getIP()))->country_code;
     $reward *= 0.1;
}
                }
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 07:15:20 PM

Code:
snip
If it were there then it would send the coins before changing the reward making it useless. Place the $ret = $fb->send($address, $reward); below everything else, like so:
Code:
} else {
//This code determines the reward
$reward *= 0.1;
}

//This code sends the reward
}
defaultking

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 09:56:32 PM

OK so can anyone help me out? I'm trying to set-up a faucet using a database from my hosting provider (bluehost.com) and when I set everything up it tells me that it "Can't connect to database. Check your config.php.". I've set up a faucet from my free hosting (hostinger.co.uk) and have gotten it to work. Anyone know what's different about bluehost?
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 10:04:56 PM

OK so can anyone help me out? I'm trying to set-up a faucet using a database from my hosting provider (bluehost.com) and when I set everything up it tells me that it "Can't connect to database. Check your config.php.". I've set up a faucet from my free hosting (hostinger.co.uk) and have gotten it to work. Anyone know what's different about bluehost?
It's likely the sql server you are pointing it to; different hosts have you point it to different places. I believe that Hostinger has you point it to mysql.hostinger.co.uk or something similar, where as BlueHost would want you to point it to 'localhost'.
If not, try setting $display_errors to true in your config.php and seeing if anything is returned.
misterbit

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:06:38 PM

Code:
snip
If it were there then it would send the coins before changing the reward making it useless. Place the $ret = $fb->send($address, $reward); below everything else, like so:
Code:
} else {
$reward *= 0.1;
}

//This code sends the reward
}
Thank you very much, and for example for that reward is see on the web? I mean that if someone comes from a country you see the reward that will win
defaultking

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 10:16:45 PM

It's likely the sql server you are pointing it to; different hosts have you point it to different places. I believe that Hostinger has you point it to mysql.hostinger.co.uk or something similar, where as BlueHost would want you to point it to 'localhost'.
If not, try setting $display_errors to true in your config.php and seeing if anything is returned.

So, changing the $display_errors to true didn't return anything (as far as I can tell) and have the dbhost literally as "localhost" as shown below. Still getting the error.

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuser = "Nick";
$dbpass = "Password";
$dbname = "DogeFaucet";
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 10:38:04 PM

Thank you very much, and for example for that reward is see on the web? I mean that if someone comes from a country you see the reward that will win
Oops, I forgot about that. In order to have it display them properly you would need to move some things around, but it still isn't that difficult.

So, at line 2218 on your index.php we're going to get the user's country and such. Put this code there:
Code:

$rewardMultiplier = 1;

$rewardMultiplier = 1.1;
}
Rather than times everything individually, we're going to create a multiplier variable to times everything by.
Also, I noticed that I used 0.1 rather than 1.1 in my previous example. This would give 10% of the expected reward rather than 110%, so unless you want to decrease the reward the multiplier should always be greater than 1.

After this, at line 2232 (before if(count($rewards) > 1) {) add this code:
Code:
foreach($rewards as $rW){
$rW *= $rewardMultiplier;
$newRewards[] = $rW;
}
$rewards = $newRewards;
If I am right this will get every reward from the array and times it by the multiplier (therefore 1.1 (110%) if the user is in GB). I would appreciate if someone else could check this first before anyone puts it into any live code though, since I am prone to making mistakes when coding directly into BitcoinTalk.

After this, be sure to revert the changes at line 2310 to this:
Code:
} else {
}
Else the user will get the amount multiplied by more than you want, costing you money.

My apologies for not getting the code right the first time, I hope it didn't cause you any issues.

So, changing the $display_errors to true didn't return anything (as far as I can tell) and have the dbhost literally as "localhost" as shown below. Still getting the error.

snip
Are you adding your cPanel name to the beginning of your user and name as described here? It should look like this:

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbuser = "cPanelName_Nick";
$dbpass = "Password";
$dbname = "cPanelName_DogeFaucet";

defaultking

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 11:56:21 PM

Oops, I forgot about that. In order to have it display them properly you would need to move some things around, but it still isn't that difficult.

So, at line 2218 on your index.php we're going to get the user's country and such. Put this code there:
Code:

$rewardMultiplier = 1;

$rewardMultiplier = 1.1;
}
Rather than times everything individually, we're going to create a multiplier variable to times everything by.
Also, I noticed that I used 0.1 rather than 1.1 in my previous example. This would give 10% of the expected reward rather than 110%, so unless you want to decrease the reward the multiplier should always be greater than 1.

Code:
$newRewards[] = $rW;
}
$rewards = $newRewards;
If I am right this will get every reward from the array and times it by the multiplier (therefore 1.1 (110%) if the user is in GB). I would appreciate if someone else could check this first before anyone puts it into any live code though, since I am prone to making mistakes when coding directly into BitcoinTalk.

Code:
} else {
}
Else the user will get the amount multiplied by more than you want, costing you money.

My apologies for not getting the code right the first time, I hope it didn't cause you any issues.

snip
Are you adding your cPanel name to the beginning of your user and name as described here? It should look like this:

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbpass = "Password";

Yes I am. It does look like that just wasn't sure if I could share exactly what I have there or not, but it does look like that.
misterbit

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 12:44:50 AM

Code:

$rewardMultiplier = 1;

$rewardMultiplier = 1.1;
}

Code:
$newRewards[] = $rW;
}
$rewards = $newRewards;

Code:
} else {
}

snip

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbpass = "Password";

Thank you, unfortunately it didn't I, an error left me something like invalid parameters
BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 11:40:14 AM

ok so I suspected a bad bot problem so I started rewarding 1-2 satoshi. I expected people to stop wasting their time only to be rewarded with such a little amount, other than the bots.  So today so far 14/01 I've had 3886 claims!

I suspect there is some javascript you can put into the url to bypass validation? Any help?
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 12:22:08 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 01:04:41 PM by BitBustah

ok so I suspected a bad bot problem so I started rewarding 1-2 satoshi. I expected people to stop wasting their time only to be rewarded with such a little amount, other than the bots.  So today so far 14/01 I've had 3886 claims!

I suspect there is some javascript you can put into the url to bypass validation? Any help?

Of course you did lookup all the IPs, right?

Could you paste some of the IPs here? Thanks.
minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 12:59:39 PM

Thank you, unfortunately it didn't I, an error left me something like invalid parameters
That's strange. Would you mind giving me the full error you are given, as well as what this function returns - var_dump($rewards);

It probably depends on how your faucet is coded, but no javascript should be able to get around a captcha AFAIK.
misterbit

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:11:20 PM

That's strange. Would you mind giving me the full error you are given, as well as what this function returns - var_dump($rewards);

It probably depends on how your faucet is coded, but no javascript should be able to get around a captcha AFAIK.
I think that I'm going to stop as well, right now I have a lot of traffic.
Thank you very much friend.
defaultking

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 01:11:39 PM

$dbhost = "localhost";
$dbpass = "Password";

First off thanks minifrij for the help!

I've tried setting up the config files both ways, but still am getting the same error.

$dbhost = "localhost";

$dbuser = "bloggjc#_Nick";

$dbpass = "Password";

$dbname = "bloggjc#_Faucet";

and I've tried

$dbhost = " box####.bluehost.com";

$dbuser = "bloggjc#_Nick";

$dbpass = "Password";

$dbname = "bloggjc#_Faucet";

Both send back the following - Can't connect to database. Check your config.php.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:16:50 PM

Both send back the following - Can't connect to database. Check your config.php.

Open index.php file and find this line:
Code:
die("Can't connect to database. Check your config.php.");

it's line 102 in r62. Right above this line add (it's something that will be integrated in r63):

Code:
echo $e->getMessage()."<br>";

It should show the real error now. If all details are correct then probably you also have to add permissions to your database to your user or something like that.

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
defaultking

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 01:36:32 PM

It should show the real error now. If all details are correct then probably you also have to add permissions to your database to your user or something like that.

It shows "could not find driver" now when I added that in.
BrannigansLaw

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:14:00 PM

Of course you did lookup all the IPs, right?

Could you paste some of the IPs here? Thanks.
Ok I didn't realise my htaccess file wasn't transferred when switching web hosts. This could perhaps have been the problem. No I don't record IP's, but I block IP's reported here. Is there a tutorial on recording the IPs?

Also is it possible to add a bit of code to faucetbox.php which requires the user to click a box to send satoshi? Say an 'Are you sure?' box

say...
Code:
public function send($to, $amount, $referral = "false") {
        $r = $this->__exec("send", array("to" => $to, "amount" => $amount, "referral" => $referral));
Are you sure box?
If (yes){
        if (is_array($r) && array_key_exists("status", $r) && $r["status"] == 200) {
            return array(
                'success' => true,
                'message' => 'Payment sent to you using FaucetBOX.com',
                'html' => '<div class="alert alert-success">' . htmlspecialchars($amount) . ' satoshi was sent to you <a target="_blank" href="https://faucetbox.com/check/' . rawurlencode($to) . '">on FaucetBOX.com</a>.</div>',
                'html_coin' => '<div class="alert alert-success">' . htmlspecialchars(rtrim(rtrim(sprintf("%.8f", $amount/100000000), '0'), '.')) . ' '.$this->currency.' was sent to you <a target="_blank" href="https://faucetbox.com/check/' . rawurlencode($to) . '">on FaucetBOX.com</a>.</div>',
                'balance' => $r["balance"],
                'balance_bitcoin' => $r["balance_bitcoin"],
                'response' => json_encode($r)
            );
        }
Holdaaja
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:50:34 PM

Also is it possible to add a bit of code to faucetbox.php which requires the user to click a box to send satoshi? Say an 'Are you sure?' box

This is what I used with my paytoshi faucet.
It disables get reward button until you click the checkbox.
Not sure if this is what you want but should't be too hard to modify it to work with faucetbox.

<input type="checkbox" name="sure" id="checky">are you sure?<br>
<button type="submit" class="form-control input-lg btn-info get-reward" id="postme" disabled>Click checkbox to claim.</button>

<script type='text/javascript'>
        $('#checky').click(function(){
            if($(this).attr('checked') == false){
                 $('#postme').attr("disabled","disabled");  
            } else {
                $('#postme').removeAttr('disabled');
            }
        });
</script>

▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████▄
 ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀████                              
▄████▀            ████      ████                  ████
█████           ▄████▀     ████▌                 ▐████
█████           ▀▀▀▀      ▐████                  ████▌    ▄▄
 █████▄                  ▄█████████▀            ▐████   ▄███▀
   ▀█████▄▄        ▄▄███████████▀▀   ▄▄▄▄       ████  ▄███▀     ▄▄▄▄
      ▀███████▄    ▀████▀████▀     ▄████▀███   ▐███████▀▀    ▄███▀ ██▌
         ▀▀██████▄▄     ▐████    ▄████  ▐██▌   ███████     ▄███▀  ▄██▌
    ▄▄▄▄     ▀▀█████    ████    ▄███▀   ███   ▐███▌███    ▐████▄▄███▀
  █████▀▀      ▀████▌  ▐████    ████   ▄███   ████ ▐███   ████
 ████▀          ████▌  ▐████▄▄██████▄▄█████▄▄█████  ▀███  ▀████▄▄▄▄██           ▄████▄  ▄████▄  ██▄██▄██▄
████▌          █████    ▀████▀▀  ▀████▀  ▀██▀ ███▀   ▀███   ▀▀████▀▀           ██▀     ██▀  ▀██ ██  ██  ██
████▄       ▄▄████▀                                   ▀███▄▄      ▄▄██  ▄████▄ ██▄     ██▄  ▄██ ██  ██  ██
 ██████████████▀▀                                       ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ▀████▀  ██  ██  ██
   ▀██████▀▀▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Bitcoin Casino
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
█       ██                █
█      █▄▄█               █
█     █▀  ▀█              █
█       ▄▄                █
█     ▄████▄              █
█   ▄████████▄            █
█   ▀████████▀            █
█     ▀████▀              █
█       ▀▀                █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮
Provably fair
Free faucet

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
12 exclusive games
And many more...

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▮█▮ ▬▬▬▬▬▬

▄▄
               ▄▀▀
               ▀█
      █▀▄  ▄▄▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▄▀█
      █  ▀▀          ▀  █
      █▌        ██▌ █   █▌
      ▐█       ▐█████   ▐█ ▄▄ ▄▄▄
      █▌        ▀▀▀▀     █ █ ▀   █
      █       ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀     ▀    ▄▀
      █         ▀▀           ▄▀
     ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▄▀                     █
 ▄▀                       █
█   █▄█                   █
 ▀▀▀  █       ▄▄▄▄▄       █
      █       █   █       █
      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 03:24:44 PM

Is there a tutorial on recording the IPs?

No but you can always go into the MySQL table with phpMyAdmin and read out the IPs.

Yes, but I think you'd better not mess with the send() function.

Why not add/edit the code around the code below? You could easily do some verification before calling:

"$ret = $fb->send($address, $reward);"

BrannigansLaw

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:05:34 PM

Is there a tutorial on recording the IPs?

No but you can always go into the MySQL table with phpMyAdmin and read out the IPs.

Yes, but I think you'd better not mess with the send() function.

Why not add/edit the code around the code below? You could easily do some verification before calling:

"$ret = $fb->send($address, $reward);"

Yes I think it would be best to alter send() function. Although I have implemented what you have suggested Holdaaja, I am a bit worried about what is said in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1200660.0 A couple worrying points made

Hi forum,

90% + times those "click if you're human" links can be evaded, just like most timers can be evaded!
Just complete captcha, execute a bit of javascript: document.forms[0].submit()

Bang!
Satoshis earned.

LS.

and 

"There is a solution for this problem, you can totally skip ani-bot links and waits time.There is an addon for Firefox that enables it all.
Check in my signature, follow the instructions and within minutes the problem was solved thanks to user LosingAlpha Smiley"
Pages: « 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: