Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:11:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FaucetBOX.com Discussion  (Read 236938 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:24:04 PM

The DigitalOcean IP addresses are used by bots. Blocked them ages ago.  Roll Eyes

Where did you get the list of all DigitalOcean networks? I was trying to find them for NastyHosts, but found nothing up-to-date.

https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/full-text.html

Then you type "DigitalOcean" and you will get all the RIPE IP ranges for the company. Smiley

Edit: This is just RIPE. They can have other IP addresses (ARIN, APNIC, ...).

Neat, I had no idea RIPE provides something like this! Now, give me a sec, I need to write a scrapper Tongue

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitBustah

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 04:30:55 PM

The DigitalOcean IP addresses are used by bots. Blocked them ages ago.  Roll Eyes

Where did you get the list of all DigitalOcean networks? I was trying to find them for NastyHosts, but found nothing up-to-date.

https://apps.db.ripe.net/search/full-text.html

Then you type "DigitalOcean" and you will get all the RIPE IP ranges for the company. Smiley

Edit: This is just RIPE. They can have other IP addresses (ARIN, APNIC, ...).

Neat, I had no idea RIPE provides something like this! Now, give me a sec, I need to write a scrapper Tongue

All the IP addresses are listed somewhere. If I identify a bot at my faucet I block all the IP addresses from that company. If I ever close/sell my faucet I will reveil all my secrets.  Cheesy
datalore

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:16:14 PM

I blocked the bit.makejar.com and ifaucet.net sites. Bots disappeared !!!! Coincidence?? I just followed what they say here in the forum, block these two sites and it worked for me.

http://xmg.makejar.com <<< test
BitBustah

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 06:18:25 PM

I blocked the bit.makejar.com and ifaucet.net sites. Bots disappeared !!!! Coincidence?? I just followed what they say here in the forum, block these two sites and it worked for me.

You do everything "they" say? I haven't blocked those sites and I'm doing fine.
NeedIfFindIt

Activity: 500

View Profile
April 29, 2016, 10:47:27 PM

188.166.12.134 - is the autochecker at bit.makejar (checks for balance, reward, malware and p0rn all the active faucets every 20 minutes, but it is unable to claim). Actually Nastyhosts already have the whole digitalocean IP block banned since the beginning. It is enough to reply once with 403 Forbidden and it will stop checking your faucet at all. But please if you block it don't send me e-mails to update rewards/re-enable faucets etc. It is a pain to go through 50+ e-mails daily ... mainly from ppl blocking everything except their own IP. (anyway if someone really wants to be delisted from there just P.M. me or send me e-mail). Thanks for understanding!
NeedIfFindIt

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 06:47:53 AM

188.166.12.134 - is the autochecker at bit.makejar (checks for balance, reward, malware and p0rn all the active faucets every 20 minutes, but it is unable to claim). Actually Nastyhosts already have the whole digitalocean IP block banned since the beginning.

I think a few of those IPs might have skipped past NH... Just like a few other VPN IPs.

May I ask why BB isn't on the list anymore? I got rid of my popups a loooong time ago. No layer ads, spam, popups or bot links. Been dry one time in 6 months. Just asking...

Edited: Never mind, your wallet got banned some time ago. Your wallet "1Po9cWPPqfykFG1Zdrb..." claimed with 4 different IP ranges. A few claims came from Germany (isp), the US (university isp) and few using VPNs from the US and the UK.

Your wallet got banned for the last 2. I know some "real" claimers try to use VPNs for higher rewards. Is that the case here?

BitBlabber - last successful check by autochecker 19.03.2016. banned at 24.04.2016 for returning "Unknown Error." for 2 days in row (FB usually returns the error for 2 reasons 1. bad connection between your website and FB or 2. Address banned if it repeats 2 days in row I assume "2"). I like your faucet - you wanted to be in the list then you banned me without informing Sad

I personally stopped going through the list top to bottom when many faucets started doing geolocation and it became totally pointless when "Safety Limits" were introduced since perfectly paying faucet now may be a nonpaying in a minute or for someone living in another country. It is better to rely on reports from users and count the referrals (for example check FB every 15 minutes). Then if there are reports that say the same I manually check a faucet using my own IP 89.106.108.217 (IP discussed here) if it works fine then I look at the reporting user's data - if they live in the same country etc, to adjust the list accordingly (yes I can hide a faucet for country X but make it visible in country Y or show one reward for country X and another for country Y). The other reason I may check a faucet is when a faucet getting 100+ visits from the logged in visitors (more in total) returns 0 (zero) ref payments. That means he is either scamming his visitors or scamming me.

I'm not claiming from VPS, actually I don't have the time to claim from my own IP lately. Sometimes I see faucets saying "you have to wait XX minutes" where I did not claim in days. They are either cloudflare broken OR someone else has claimed using my bitcoin address. Sometime ago a faucet owner informed me that there are people that are loading a faucet with /?r=their-bitcoin-address and claim with my bitcoin address hoping that I'm active and any future ref from my claims will go to them. I bet they don't understand how FB script works.

If anybody gets claims from "1Po9cWPPqfykFG1Zdrb..." from other IP than mine please BAN them since they are complicating my job too.

Since there are 5-10 faucets abusing their users in all ways but their owners continues to spam me asking me to keep them in top position. 3-4 days ago I introduced Q factor calculation (calculated by logged users sent to a faucet/total refs detected) and made it public allowing the users to see and filter-out the insane faucets. As a result I expect that in the next few days more (scammy) faucet owners to start throwing fire at me at bitcointalk. It is just the way it is. PPL don't want to be clickjacked just to find that 1000 satoshi faucet has 1000 satoshi safety limit. It is acceptable to be clickjacked to a certain level if there is a payment at the end.

Sorry FB for spamming your thread but I try to defend myself + I'm sharing about 1.5 years of know-how. Maybe it will be useful to you too.

Anyway along with "digitalocean" I would suggest adding to nastyhosts "Amazon EC2" and "google cloud" servers (if not already there). This is what probably killed steep.rocks a year ago.
BitBustah

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 09:26:59 AM

BitBlabber - last successful check by autochecker 19.03.2016. banned at 24.04.2016 for returning "Unknown Error." for 2 days in row (FB usually returns the error for 2 reasons 1. bad connection between your website and FB or 2. Address banned if it repeats 2 days in row I assume "2"). I like your faucet - you wanted to be in the list then you banned me without informing Sad

I like your list too. You got an "unknown error" because the IP address of your checker (188.166.12.134) is listed as property of DigitalOcean. And those IP addresses are blocked on my faucet.

This means that every other faucet on your list does NOT see DigitalOcean IP addresses as threat; In short: Anyone can sign up for a VPS (VPN if they want) from DigitalOcean and drain the faucets on your list, one by one... Just like many bots/users tried on my faucet. DigitalOcean has hundreds, maybe thousands of IP addresses. We are talking about hundreds of claims per day.

Any SERIOUS faucet owner should block DigitalOcean IP addresses. They are for grabs on RIPE etc.

... OR someone else has claimed using my bitcoin address.

Sometime ago a faucet owner informed me that there are people that are loading a faucet with /?r=their-bitcoin-address and claim with my bitcoin address hoping that I'm active and any future ref from my claims will go to them. I bet they don't understand how FB script works.

I am sorry for you, I really am. And I already thought this might be the case. Nevertheless I can not see wether or not you (or some one else) is legit or not. All I have are the IP addresses.

If anybody gets claims from "1Po9cWPPqfykFG1Zdrb..." from other IP than mine please BAN them since they are complicating my job too.

Already done; Again, sorry.

As for your other comments. I too had a site with a faucet list. I do understand that maintaining them takes a lot of work.

But pls, be honest; I run a thight faucet. I only had one "dry" moment in 6 months (forgot about filling it). I never have the "this faucet exceed..." errors. I have never scammed my claimers. And yet, I don't make your list. What else can I do?
NeedIfFindIt

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 09:53:06 AM

I like your list too. You got an "unknown error" because the IP address of your checker (188.166.12.134) is listed as property of DigitalOcean. And those IP addresses are blocked on my faucet.

This means that every other faucet on your list does NOT see DigitalOcean IP addresses as threat; In short: Anyone can sign up for a VPS (VPN if they want) from DigitalOcean and drain the faucets on your list, one by one... Just like many bots/users tried on my faucet. DigitalOcean has hundreds, maybe thousands of IP addresses. We are talking about hundreds of claims per day.

Any SERIOUS faucet owner should block DigitalOcean IP addresses. They are for grabs on RIPE etc.

... OR someone else has claimed using my bitcoin address.

Sometime ago a faucet owner informed me that there are people that are loading a faucet with /?r=their-bitcoin-address and claim with my bitcoin address hoping that I'm active and any future ref from my claims will go to them. I bet they don't understand how FB script works.

I am sorry for you, I really am. And I already thought this might be the case. Nevertheless I can not see wether or not you (or some one else) is legit or not. All I have are the IP addresses.

Already done; Again, sorry.

As for your other comments. I too had a site with a faucet list. I do understand that maintaining them takes a lot of work.

But pls, be honest; I run a thight faucet. I only had one "dry" moment in 6 months (forgot about filling it). I never have the "this faucet exceed..." errors. I have never scammed my claimers. And yet, I don't make your list. What else can I do?

I don't ban faucets that ban the autochecker. The autochecker is automatically stopping if you return 403. From this moment on the only thing to update your faucet is me personally. If the faucet owner is changing the reward on hourly basis this means that I'll receive 24 e-mails. If 500 faucets are practicing this ... this means 24*500=12000 e-mails/day. I don't think even Amazon is able to handle such volume.

Your faucet was doing nice between 19.03.2016 and 24.04.2016 even without the autochecker since you were considered trustworthy.

You should draw a line between - IP visiting your faucet and IP claiming your faucet. The first one is wasting your bandwidth. The second one is wasting your bandwidth + stealing your money. You should definitely not allow the second one happen. The first one is up to you.

I still get "Unknown Error." when I try to claim with my Address/IP. If I restore it to the live faucets now its "Q" will sink pretty fast. Do you want me to do it? P.M. me, so we don't spam the FB thread.
BitBustah

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 10:50:11 AM

I still get "Unknown Error." when I try to claim with my Address/IP. If I restore it to the live faucets now its "Q" will sink pretty fast. Do you want me to do it? P.M. me, so we don't spam the FB thread.

You wallet is banned. Thats why there's an "unknown error", no matter what IP address you use. I don't tell my claimers why they don't get the satoshis.

As for your 2 points: I think it's the FiB script that blocks visits to the index.php page whenever an IP is banned. I do not ban/block IP addresses on a server level (yet).
NeedIfFindIt

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 11:47:49 AM

You wallet is banned. Thats why there's an "unknown error", no matter what IP address you use. I don't tell my claimers why they don't get the satoshis.

As for your 2 points: I think it's the FiB script that blocks visits to the index.php page whenever an IP is banned. I do not ban/block IP addresses on a server level (yet).

So be honest and tell the PPL the real reason you banned my wallet - you wanted to save some satoshi by showing middle finger to one of your traffic sources and hoped nobody will discover it. It is normal, many owners do it. But please don't go out with VPS BS FUD etc. Good luck Smiley
BitBustah

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 03:37:44 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 04:06:04 PM by BitBustah

So be honest and tell the PPL the real reason you banned my wallet - you wanted to save some satoshi by showing middle finger to one of your traffic sources and hoped nobody will discover it. It is normal, many owners do it. But please don't go out with VPS BS FUD etc. Good luck Smiley

I have never scammed anyone. People on this forum will vouch for me. Where did I call you a scammer?
Calling me a scammer says more about you than about me. I never called you a scammer, now did I?

And, what possible reason would I have to block honest traffic? Your site is the biggest source of traffic.

And again, all I have are IP addresses. Any wallet would have been automatically banned by my script since 2 VPN addresses were used to claim (see above). Too bad it's yours, could have been anyones.

Oh yeah, are you German or American? One of the claims with the American IP adress posted this message:

Don't really know why you are attacking me like that. I tried to defend you with datalore. Oh well I guess you only care about your 11 BTC. Sad
NeedIfFindIt

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:44:59 PM

I have never scammed anyone. People on this forum will vouch for me. Where did I call you a scammer?
Calling me a scammer says more about you than about me. I never called you a scammer, now did I?

And, what possible reason would I have to block honest traffic? Your site is the biggest source of traffic.

And again, all I have are IP addresses. Any wallet would have been automatically banned by my script since 2 VPN addresses were used to claim (see above). Too bad it's yours, could have been anyones.

Oh yeah, are you German or Bulgarian? One of the claims with the Bulgarian IP adress posted this message:

I think you use VPNs to check if other countries get a bigger reward. That's what I think.

Sorry, I do not claim from VPN and do not use VPN to check the rewards from other countries. If I really wanted to abuse someone I would not be that stupid to claim from the address I use officially for REF. But what's the point in raping 200-300 satoshi? Having working faucet list it is way better to think the win-win way. If I pay 0.01 BTC for ads today I'll have about 150% return from REF in the first month. Maybe another 100% return in the next one? Or about 0.015 BTC pure profit in 2 months.
To setup proper geolocation I:
- trust the faucet owners. Most are happy to say - I want traffic from country A, B, C or I don't want traffic from X, Y, Z
- Base the geolocation on reports. If a faucet owner happy getting all the visitors but unwilling to share which ones go empty-handed. Then when I see few Reports in a row from certain country I disable that country for that faucet.

I'm in Bulgaria. And I've never been in Germany.

Unfortunately unless you ask your users to sign a message confirming the ownership of the private key everybody is able to claim from any address.
Check this - https://faucetbox.com/en/check/1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa Satoshi Nakamoto has claimed 0.00005608 BTC

By banning my address you also stopped the REF. This made me impossible to track if you really pay the users or not ... and is far away from win-win thinking. You were getting users, I got what? Unfortunately no AD network will advertise for free and without constant advertising the wheel will stop rotating.

Anyway I don't use google chrome. Stopped about year ago.
BitBustah

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 04:50:22 PM

..everybody is able to claim from any address.

Exactly. That's why I DIDN'T call you a scammer. Unlike you calling me a scammer.  Roll Eyes

By banning my address you also stopped the REF. This made me impossible to track if you really pay the users or not ... and is far away from win-win thinking.

Indeed, I'm not winning from banning legit users. Again, all I saw were 2 claims from VPN addresses. My system can not tell the difference between legit users or illegit users.

You were getting users, I got what?

Uptill the moment you got banned you got over 8000 ref payments.
NeedIfFindIt

View Profile
April 30, 2016, 05:13:04 PM

Exactly. That's why I DIDN'T call you a scammer. Unlike you calling me a scammer.  Roll Eyes

Nope. We are all trying to protect ourselves.

Indeed, I'm not winning from banning legit users. Again, all I saw were 2 claims from VPN addresses. My system can not tell the difference between legit users or illegit users.

Yep, and I saw red flag and had no explanation for the reason other than technical issues.

Uptill the moment you got banned you got over 8000 ref payments.

True, that's why I kept you for more than the usual 2 days in the list.
Kazuldur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 971

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:49:29 PM

Guys, please, use Private Messages Smiley

Unless stated otherwise, all opinions are of my own, not FaucetBOX.com's.
BitBustah

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 07:53:38 PM

Yeah sorry, we're done. Let me know if you need help on IPs, RIPE or other stuff. Smiley

Kazuldur have you ever thought about making some kind of API that can be queried by anyone (perhaps after registration) to show how much balance a faucet has? It would be so easy for faucet lists to show wether or not it is worth it to claim at a faucet or not.
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
May 01, 2016, 08:23:21 PM

Yeah sorry, we're done. Let me know if you need help on IPs, RIPE or other stuff. Smiley

Kazuldur have you ever thought about making some kind of API that can be queried by anyone (perhaps after registration) to show how much balance a faucet has? It would be so easy for faucet lists to show wether or not it is worth it to claim at a faucet or not.

I would actually like to know if a certain website has the API in its system, this website for example.
http://monsterbtc.net

They say that payments are made to Faucetbox when the attained  balance is achieved, but I do not know if they are scamming or not.
This would be great if you did a special signature for websites eg: verisign certificate.

And its gone.
secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:31:28 AM

i think faucetbox must add ETHERUM, etherum is good coin with great comunity, we will found new faucet with etherum using faucetbox.
BitBustah

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 06:21:34 AM

i think faucetbox must add ETHERUM, etherum is good coin with great comunity, we will found new faucet with etherum using faucetbox.

Yeah I would like this too. Smiley
CrimBit

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 09:07:58 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2016, 03:12:28 AM by CrimBit

anyone know where i can see complete list of faucet/faucetbox ?
i want to make faucetbox rotator
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: