Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:42:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [V] Version [V] | 60% PoS | v4.1 Dec 2023 Mandatory Update!  (Read 46066 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
henrymac

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:23:22 PM

Hi everyone,
Can you confirm if V is decentralized?  Cool
Thanks in advance!

Yes

Thanks @tertius993
I wonder if there's any additional update on this AC?
Is it good for LT investment?

anyone doing a mining and faucets for this one?
tertius993

Activity: 1029
Merit: 712

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:26:43 PM

Hi everyone,
Can you confirm if V is decentralized?  Cool
Thanks in advance!

Yes

Thanks @tertius993
I wonder if there's any additional update on this AC?
Is it good for LT investment?

It’s a proof of stake coin so your best bet is to buy some on an exchange (currently very low price) install the wallet; transfer the coins to your wallet and get it staking.
noise23 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 967
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 03:29:12 PM

Faucet is up at http://cryptoguru.tk/Faucet/index.php?Currency=V
No active pools at the moment.
BTW, I'm thinking of switching off POW part for good, probably would be better for V network.
Ncognit0

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 09:34:24 AM

Someone needs to post up a permanent discord invite link...
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
January 05, 2018, 02:46:39 PM

what are minimum coins required to successfully stake.

I am alive
migello

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 10:28:13 AM

what are minimum coins required to successfully stake.

i think for a full 200 coins stake 8000/10000 per stake block are needed

BTW, I'm thinking of switching off POW part for good, probably would be better for V network.

i think so too, but also a privacy function can be good, stake+privacy coin = jackpot IMO

also an exchange like Kucoin can be good to ask for listing
mantas779

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:17:54 PM

My wallet says not staking, because i don't have mature coins.

How long till maturity ?    Or do i have to move some coins to different adres for staking?
noise23 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:43:15 PM

My wallet says not staking, because i don't have mature coins.

How long till maturity ?    Or do i have to move some coins to different adres for staking?

5 days till maturity.
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 09:01:36 AM

I've been staking this coin since September and I have to say that it feels that my number of staking rewards has decreased. I guess that is a good sign for the coin that more people are staking it.

I get the feeling that rewards do fluctuate, perhaps it’s as you say and it varies as the number of wallets staking goes up and down.

I think there is a definite increase in interest, certainly the trade volumes seem significantly higher today than a few months ago.

There's definitely much more interest in V and volume is definitely up. It's great to see the price rising. Who knows, maybe with enough growth, the price will one day reach $1. We just need to increase awareness. Increased awareness will result in a larger community, which will boost the price of V to new all time highs.

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
crypt0kid

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:40:19 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2018, 07:38:16 AM by crypt0kid

Good to see you more active on here, bro! If you think that shutting off POW is a good idea, then let's do it. My wallet now gets anywhere from 9 to 12 active connections. It was only 5 or 6 back in September. Any other plans for the V that are in the works?

crypt0kid

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:42:20 AM

We broke $0.01 today! Woohoo! Keep staking away people!!!

tertius993

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:46:21 PM

I've been staking this coin since September and I have to say that it feels that my number of staking rewards has decreased. I guess that is a good sign for the coin that more people are staking it.

I get the feeling that rewards do fluctuate, perhaps it’s as you say and it varies as the number of wallets staking goes up and down.

I think there is a definite increase in interest, certainly the trade volumes seem significantly higher today than a few months ago.

There's definitely much more interest in V and volume is definitely up. It's great to see the price rising. Who knows, maybe with enough growth, the price will one day reach $1. We just need to increase awareness. Increased awareness will result in a larger community, which will boost the price of V to new all time highs.

Not that I would mind but I think $1 is not possible, certainly not in the short term - however, I think we could see V stable at around 10 cents with good demand.

Definitely agree that we need to increase awareness - keeping this thread active and responding to questions is a great help.
noise23 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:58:10 PM

Good to see you more active on here, bro! If you think that shutting off POW is a good idea, then let's do it. My wallet now gets anywhere from 9 to 12 active connections. It was only 5 or 6 back in September. Any other plans for the V that are in the works?

I will post a new wallet version soon - with new staking engine and probably will add code to shutdown pow in a few months. Almost ready, just needs a few tweaks  Smiley
tertius993

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:38:19 AM

I will post a new wallet version soon - with new staking engine and probably will add code to shutdown pow in a few months. Almost ready, just needs a few tweaks  Smiley

That would be most excellent.

Can you expand a bit on the shutdown of PoW - what difference will that make?
migello

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:18:46 PM

right now Version is a Hybrid POW + POS (Proof Of Work + Proof Of Stake) coin, you can mine 2 Vcoin per block.

since there is no Pool and the reward is very low IMHO POW can be ditched with no impact, there is a healthy

number of wallets that are staking happily 200 V per Stake Block.

Ok we have a discord server now set up. I am asking anyone intrested in the future of this coin to join the discord server at this link.

https://discord.gg/Q5tnCBw

This link doesnt expire unlike the one posted a few posts back.

We need to get the ball rolling!!

This is your space and chance to help build a positive future for an already proven coin.

This has only just been set up so activity should increase gradually once news spreads and I am hoping we can work together to build a community of V supporters and make this coin great. The server will hopfully grow with more channels and info as time goes on and admin support is definatley welcome. Along with any other support for the coin.

i'm sorry but the link  expired  Grin

Alright spoke with my dev team and we're going to commit resources to this project over the next few months. I'm starting a Dicord for anyone to get in on the conversations. Will link when it's up. It's time to fire thing bb up!  

Good job, there is more and more interest for the future of V !

I will post a new wallet version soon - with new staking engine and probably will add code to shutdown pow in a few months. Almost ready, just needs a few tweaks  Smiley

Thank you very much Noise, i can't wait to stake with it !

noise23 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:00:42 PM

Inserting POW blocks into blockchain adds a lot of extra load to coin network - chain reorganisation, etc.
V pow reward is low, sometimes there are no miners at all, sometimes someone jumps in with huge hashrate, difficulty jumps back and forth greatly which adds more instability.
Also with pow blocks blockchain size grows much faster.
Not decided yet but I see no pros to keep pow part.
mksteammt

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:38:44 PM

guys i have a question here,i mistakenly withdrew my coins from cryptopia to my wallet,not knowing my wallet was not full synced,and its been 2 days now cryptopia is not able to complete the transfer and it states on cryptopia that maintenance ,investigatiing,i will like to know if i have lost my coins or after wallet is synced my coins will finally be transfered,plz people let me know,i will like to figure this out plz.thanks
noise23 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 09:46:13 PM

guys i have a question here,i mistakenly withdrew my coins from cryptopia to my wallet,not knowing my wallet was not full synced,and its been 2 days now cryptopia is not able to complete the transfer and it states on cryptopia that maintenance ,investigatiing,i will like to know if i have lost my coins or after wallet is synced my coins will finally be transfered,plz people let me know,i will like to figure this out plz.thanks
Your coins are safe. If Cryptopia did not sent them then they will send when back from maintenance, if they did already send them then coins will appear in your wallet when synced.
tertius993

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 10:14:59 PM

Inserting POW blocks into blockchain adds a lot of extra load to coin network - chain reorganisation, etc.
V pow reward is low, sometimes there are no miners at all, sometimes someone jumps in with huge hashrate, difficulty jumps back and forth greatly which adds more instability.
Also with pow blocks blockchain size grows much faster.
Not decided yet but I see no pros to keep pow part.

Thanks that was helpful.

Would be interesting to know how many people are mining (PoW) vs staking but it certainly sounds as though PoW could be turned off.  My only concern would be to ensure that the chain keeps moving when it relies solely on PoS.
mksteammt

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:03:01 PM

thanks,that was helpful.
Your coins are safe. If Cryptopia did not sent them then they will send when back from maintenance, if they did already send them then coins will appear in your wallet when synced.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: