Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 08:36:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Avalon" ASIC, announcement & pre-order. pre-order over. project started.  (Read 98410 times)
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 07:20:51 PM

Can you tell us what kind of shipping service will be used?  For $60 I certainly hope we would get DHL Express or something similarly fast.  Or should we ask Yifu this?

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 07:30:22 PM

EMS is just fine. quick and reliable Wink
but i don't know how the local customs treat each courrier company!
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 07:42:19 PM

Do we have to contact him to send the wire payment or will we be contacted?

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:42:39 PM

I couldn't find a button or anything to place an order on that site either  Roll Eyes

Guess I'll have to wait for the next "wave",that sucks Sad

Edit: OH,two different sites:

Purchase here:
http://shop.avalon-asic.com/

Timer here:
http://avalon-asic.com/
no link to shop page  Huh

Hmmm,ok.....................................

there is a red and striking " buy it now" button at http://avalon-asic.com/ home page...  Huh

Its there now,but at the time it said contact & the other button said subscribe as it still does.

Oh well,I'll see if I can in on the next batch  Sad

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
libertybuck

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 10:31:40 PM

We europeans are used to have to get up at strange hours during these kind of events and we never said a word

Bible. 

ragingazn628

Activity: 714

Coin Generator

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 10:57:18 PM

Hello,

What is the payment method? I hope it's with BTC and paypal?
randomguy7

Activity: 527

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 11:05:42 PM

EMS is just fine. quick and reliable Wink
but i don't know how the local customs treat each courrier company!

EMS sucks for German customers, their contracted courier service which handles delivery within Germany charges a second fee from the receivers (after the sender already paid for shipping to the door step).
I'd prefer shipping with UPS (and would pay a premium for it [within reasonable limits]).
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 11:25:07 PM

It appears the website, http://shop.avalon-asic.com, one cannot change their shipping address and have it
show up throughout the my account area as a whole.

For example, if you change your shipping address from YYY to ZZZ.. and delete the old address...
you then goto "My Orders" it still shows the old information when you dig down into your order.

It makes me wonder if a person changed the information and did not follow up with you guys.. where
would it ship to exactly?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 01:39:09 AM

People with less money (less than $40, 000) have been unfairly treated by this policy of allowing bulk customers to buy first. Irrefutably.

I would still like to hear what ngzhang has to say about this. He has had ample opportunity to explain thus far. No explanations forthcoming thus far.

Vires in numeris
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 03:12:09 AM

as always in financial terms, might makes right, in this case. fair shamair. who said business is fair?

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 03:19:40 AM

Ngzhang, any chance of allowing Icarus/Lancelot owners to trade in multiple (old) mining boards per 60/gs ring?

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 04:55:11 AM

Maybe Inaba can lend a hand and tell you what a prolapsing douchetard you are for feeling entitled to first grab at something that most of the people on the forum can't even afford.  Then he'll offer to return your money.

And by Inaba, I mean the world.

Sir, I am offended.  OFFENDED. I would never use the term prolapsing douchetard.  I just simply would not. 

On another note, welcome to the world of not being able to please people no matter what you do, ngzhang.  It does not get better.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:19:33 AM

Maybe Inaba can lend a hand and tell you what a prolapsing douchetard you are for feeling entitled to first grab at something that most of the people on the forum can't even afford.  Then he'll offer to return your money.

Sir, I am offended.  OFFENDED. I would never use the term prolapsing douchetard.  I just simply would not. 

On another note, welcome to the world of not being able to please people no matter what you do, ngzhang.  It does not get better.

Sir Warwick Harrow: I know him, and I think he's a psychotic lowlife.
Mal: And I think calling him that is an insult to the psychotic lowlife community.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0579537/quotes?qt=qt0461817

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
JMAHH

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:21:44 AM

Stay focused ngzhang - unlike your competitors.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:00:41 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 06:54:29 AM by loshia

Ngzang,
When you do start to accept wire payments please drop a note here also. If some mails are lost or whatever we will contact Guo,Yifu. I do not see a reason to start spamming him right now as long order mail says

you'll receive an email with instructions following your orders confirmation regarding the payment.

Thank You!

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:12:42 AM

People with less money (less than $40, 000) have been unfairly treated by this policy of allowing bulk customers to buy first. Irrefutably.

I would still like to hear what ngzhang has to say about this. He has had ample opportunity to explain thus far. No explanations forthcoming thus far.

Hmmm. I do feel entitled, you're right. To fair treatment.

If the bulk orders hadn't taken precedence, and I was still empty handed, I suppose I would still have been claiming that bulk buyers jumped the queue? I guess in the minds of all those trying to antagonise me in this thread, that I would find something else to complain about. There's no pleasing some trolls I suppose.

Vires in numeris
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:57:57 AM

Hmmm. I do feel entitled, you're right. To fair treatment.

If the bulk orders hadn't taken precedence, and I was still empty handed, I suppose I would still have been claiming that bulk buyers jumped the queue? I guess in the minds of all those trying to antagonise me in this thread, that I would find something else to complain about. There's no pleasing some trolls I suppose.

Fair treatment would have been nice, but it doesn't work that way. Let bitcoin be mined by the rich(er) for the rich, and everyone else will switch to an altcoin they can afford to mine and that isn't technically inferior. Really love to see how bitcoin will do in the future with losing a broader user base to ltc. I predict single digits for 2013. Good luck and farewell, so called community.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:11:35 AM

I hope the 90% of people who where reading these last posts to completely disagree with what was written (bitcoin is for rich, rich will become richer, skipping the queue with large orders was unfair, etc).

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
ngzhang (OP)

Activity: 592
Merit: 501

We will stand and fight.

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:17:13 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 10:47:47 AM by ngzhang

some information updates:

4, outside China payment inquire, please contact :

yifu.guo@avalon-asic.com  (notice the mail address is changed)

5, we need some time (approx. a few days) to deal with present orders. some necessary formalities also need some time. the wire-payment confirm mail will send a few days later.

6, the second wave is planned around this weekend. the exact time be given later.

about the inrush order mails (to me or to Yifu ), we will notify you when we fixed the secondary wave date. we promise.
Dhomochevsky

Activity: 242
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 10:45:16 AM

So, do I need to mail you guys if I'm interested in a couple of units and I'll get notified? Or being subscribed to the newsletter is sufficient to be notified?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: