Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:07:02 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Avalon" ASIC, announcement & pre-order. pre-order over. project started.  (Read 98407 times)
Keefe

Activity: 681
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:31:46 AM

In the first batch, I bought one more than I wanted, for the purpose of reselling later when all 300 were sold. Now that it's unlikely anyone can buy more Avalons for $1300, is anyone interested in buying my extra one for more? I'll probably setup an auction thread, if there is enough interest, and assuming ngzhang/Yifu can change the ship address on my order to the auction winner's. So, who missed the boat and is willing to pay a premium to get a first-batch Avalon?

psilan

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:08:29 AM

In the first batch, I bought one more than I wanted, for the purpose of reselling later when all 300 were sold. Now that it's unlikely anyone can buy more Avalons for $1300, is anyone interested in buying my extra one for more? I'll probably setup an auction thread, if there is enough interest, and assuming ngzhang/Yifu can change the ship address on my order to the auction winner's. So, who missed the boat and is willing to pay a premium to get a first-batch Avalon?

Cancel and refund this guy...

dip
irritant

Activity: 473

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:34:12 AM

Cancel and refund this guy...

first i thought, wtf?! is this legal?, and what psilan said, but I guess this is how the free market works, with (limited:300) supply/(unlimited)demand ... I don't think I would have done the same thing if I could, too much hassle to change the pre-order address and it doesn't seem fair imo
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 10:04:34 AM

Exactly. It just causes unnecessary work for these developers. Even a larger company like BFL doesn't do it because it takes up so much time.

dip
Bitbird

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 11:03:12 AM

1 unit Avalon ASIC pre-order want to transfer.

jjshabadoo

Activity: 535

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 02:57:56 PM

I find it pretty unethical to buy for the purpose of taking up a slot and then marking it up.

These vendors should simply make the orders non-transferable, period.
optimator

Activity: 351

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 03:10:45 PM

I don't know... Not everyone could make the time slot. I think it's a good thing if there is a market where I can pick up a unit. If I have to pay a small premium? Free market. I can choose not to buy.

Bitbird

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 04:43:07 PM

I find it pretty unethical to buy for the purpose of taking up a slot and then marking it up.

I transfer this order simply because I'm unable to bear the risk of price war. I need to decentralized my orders, period.

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 06:11:25 PM

I transfer this order simply because I'm unable to bear the risk of price war. I need to decentralized my orders, period.

I really do not understand what you're saying. Huh

You bought one but you don't want to pay for this because of the risk of a price war ?

Maybe it's an idea to buy something, pay for this and then sell...

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 06:33:40 PM

You bought one but you don't want to pay for this because of the risk of a price war ?

I'm gonna guess that when he bought this, the Avalon was the highest GHs/1kUSD miner out there. Now BFL has bumped theirs to 60GH/s, and he wants one of those?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 06:35:52 PM

I'm gonna guess that when he bought this, the Avalon was the highest GHs/1kUSD miner out there. Now BFL has bumped theirs to 60GH/s, and he wants one of those?

Hmmm, I think it's more basic than that. (pun intended)

intentionally left blank
squid

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 06:37:49 PM

I see what you did there!
Isokivi

Activity: 910

Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 06:39:00 PM

I'll pay 1299.01$

Bitcoin trinkets now on my online store: btc trinkets.com <- Bitcoin Tiepins, cufflinks, lapel pins, keychains, card holders and challenge coins.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 06:50:08 PM

I see what you did there!
Ya I saw right after I posted.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Tinua

Activity: 871

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:47:14 PM

51 Available in Stock
Bitbird

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 04:27:22 AM

Not necessarily the BFL. But with the similar causes.
I think I'll just cancel one order for save time.

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 08:34:36 AM

51 Available in Stock

-29 Available in Stock Huh

Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 09:33:25 AM

Exactly. It just causes unnecessary work for these developers. Even a larger company like BFL doesn't do it because it takes up so much time.

I'd make it worth their time. It only takes a few minutes to read an email and edit a DB, assuming payment was in bitcoin so there's no concern about PayPal shipping address matching.

I really think any company taking pre-orders like this, could make extra profit by facilitating a secondary market trading orders. And it would let people who missed the early ordering get in (at a premium) and let people with buyer's remorse bail out.

Tinua

Activity: 871

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 10:15:57 AM

@ngzhang
what's happening now?
You wrote, all 300 units have to be sold before you start to produce.
Are all 300 units sold now or not?
Will the project start now or not?
regular

Activity: 297

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 12:08:35 PM

It would be nice though if Avalon had the enduser in mind and disallowed transfers of orders to make sure their product ends up in miners' hands and not in scalpers.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: