Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:30:00 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: "Avalon" ASIC, announcement & pre-order. pre-order over. project started.  (Read 98407 times)
SLok

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 03:58:32 PM

1 TH/s at $1500? Surely not?

All current ASIC vendors got served by these guys (who are these guys?)
A parody on the whole asics scene, give it a google translate

WARNING! Don't trade BTC with Bruno Kucinskas aka Gleb Gamow, Phinnaeus Gage, etc Laundering BTC from anonymous sellers, avoid!https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=649176.msg7279994#msg7279994 #TELLFBI #TELLKSAG #TELLIRS WARNING! Darin M. Bicknell, a proclaimed atheist, teaching at the Jakarta CanadianMontessori School. Drop your kids there at your own risk! WARNING! Christian Otzipka - Hildesheim is a known group-buy scammer, avoid! WARNING! Frizz Supertramp, faker with dozens of accounts here! WARNING! Christian "2 coins to see SLOk's" Antkow, still playing his little microphone...WARNING! Slobodan "Stolen Valor" Bogovac, faking being a ProfessorWARNING!Marion Sydney Lynn, google him, errr her, errr.. and lol
Frequency

Activity: 540

COINDER

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2012, 04:12:11 PM

yep..
translation says exact the same delivery and pre-order specs as ngzhang avalons..exact
but other machine specs of course...quantity not 300 but 1000.

COINDER
COINDER
bitmar

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:16:37 PM

somebody sells 1Th rigs in China ?  LOL  Shocked
Judging from the comments and interest in the announcement, the Chinese are more reasonable than the rest of the world. Here in this forum this guy would find hundreds of naive customers  Wink
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:19:10 PM

yep..
translation says exact the same delivery and pre-order specs as ngzhang avalons..exact

Well, my reading of it is entirely different

- >=1 TH\s  
- 28nm node process
- Sampling end of December
- Delivery of initial batch January/February 2013

Any confirmation of the validity of this initiative? It seems pretty incredible right now (i.e. literally not credible), the 28nm process particularly

Vires in numeris
VeeMiner

Activity: 752

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:21:15 PM

yep..

- >=1 TH\s  
- 28nm node process

Any confirmation of the validity of this initiative? It seems pretty incredible right now (i.e. literally not credible), the 28nm process particularly

yeah, could someone who speaks chinese clarify this??
bitmar

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:29:17 PM

yep..

- >=1 TH\s  
- 28nm node process

I heard that McDonald give 1TH rig to each burger for free....
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 04:53:10 PM

i'd bet my wallet.dat that this is bull, as those pcb pictures are someone elses. i THINK they're bfl, but i'm not sure. i just know i've seen them aroudn this forum somewhere.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
bitmar

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:19:27 PM

i'd bet my wallet.dat that this is bull, as those pcb pictures are someone elses. i THINK they're bfl, but i'm not sure. i just know i've seen them aroudn this forum somewhere.

those pcb can be part of one of the hundreds of thousands of electronic stuff.  Why do you think that is BFL's PCB ? it's funny  Grin
As for bet you can sleep peacefully Smiley
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:31:36 PM

where did you see this at?

From the Avalon ASIC Update #4 newsletter sent to subscribers.

damn...how many times do i need to sign up for the newsletter in order for me to get it?  o_0
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:46:06 PM

where did you see this at?

From the Avalon ASIC Update #4 newsletter sent to subscribers.

damn...how many times do i need to sign up for the newsletter in order for me to get it?  o_0

I suggest you to signup with different email addresses, from different hosting services (I mean one adress at gmail, one at yahoo, etc...).

intentionally left blank
luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:59:00 PM

don't care about the prize war guys! what is has been preordered it has been preordered, it is the preorder risk!
what is important here is the delivery date!!!!
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 07:59:29 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2012, 08:23:31 PM by PuertoLibre

Better performance, more energy efficient, it must be a completely different project. It's all two months before shipment. What will be next? What if   BFL  increase  performance their Single "SC" to 120Ghash? Avalon  beats them with 240Ghash? and BFL  beats Avalon  with 480Ghash? In a few months they probably will offer several Thash/s chips but in this way they not finish any project still starting new ones  Wink I hope not Smiley
Unless BFL released disinformation, their SC rig with 8 chips can only go up to (upper limits) 120GH/s. @ 1GHz @ ~120watts

This is probably unsafe for the BFL hardware over the long term. They have so far hinted their (safe) overhead is somewhere around 75% of maximum...about 750MHz or somewhere near there with (I suppose) stock cooling. If they keep raising the temps the hardware is more likely to fail which increases returns and warranty claims etc.

--------------

Right now the two companies are seemingly playing a game of chicken. The first to veer off is going to lose alot of customers orders and pre-orders.

Right now some BFL customers are clamoring for BFL to reflash the Single SC to 65GH/s. Supposedly this is because of a dollars difference. I think it is just that they saw the new Avalon Specs and don't want to be stuck holding an inferior product.

All this costs BFL money, time and adds to delays in shipping out the hardware to their customers. Imagine if you are standing in BFL headquarters and BFL CEO asks you to reflash a thousand boxes from 40Gh/s to 60Gh/s. Then 15 days later when you are almost done, he asks you to do it again from 60Gh/s to 65Gh/s. Hopefully people will see the point I am making.

They (BFL) could fix this rat race issue by either telling their customers "NO, we won't reflash it again!" OR give the customers themselves the option to flash it themselves (distributing the workload to the customers). But this itself may cause secondary issues and firmware hacking as well as giving away a potential post-sale profit margin.

Consider this:

--If users can flash their box themselves, well then they can hack the firmware and run the boxes at any speed they want.
--If the boxes fail, how does BFL know what the clockspeed was when it comes in for warranty repair? (That costs money)
--If they give away a copy of the firmware, what prevents the competition from looking into the code and gleaning details about the way the first gen BFL Asic was made?

--------------------------------

There is a serious danger of BFL running themselves into the ground and many people losing their money if things don't play out just right.

Avalon can cause BFL harm (buisness wise) simply by incrementally releasing slightly better specs at regular intervals. The BFL customers will keep demanding more. It costs Avalon virtually nothing to keep this up, but it costs BFL quite a bit as they push their hardware closer and closer to the edge. (Thermally,componentary as well as warranty wise)

Consider this:

What if BFL just ordered 100,000 capacitors that will work up to 60 watts but not up to 85 watts? Do they just throw away several thousands of dollars worth of hardware because they need to appease customers demands?? (The reason behind the introduction of Little SC at 30Gh/s??) Every PCB design has an envelope with specific limits and design headroom. Each time they "up" something, they risk having to buy better components and analyzing whether the current design is capable of handling the extra performance or electrical requirements.

It's a game of chicken. BFL doesn't ultimately know what the intended final design specs are for the Avalon mining device.

It could be 60....could be 70....maybe 80 or 90?

All I do know is they (BFL) just jumped from 40Gh/s to 60Gh/s. They had clearly aimed for 40Gh/s. Now people want them to go higher up to 65Gh/s. As a company you gamble in all sorts of ways every time they increase the specs this late in the game.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:02:17 PM

BFL, AVALON, bASIC ... they do not care about your happiness, they make money and will do anything to gather as much as possible. The business world is brutal Smiley No Holds Barred Wink
+10

No kidding!
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:19:42 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2012, 08:39:39 PM by bobitza

Regarding shipping.

Are the units shipped from China? And if so, are there duties that we need to pay? (for me I'm thinking North America - US and Canada). What category will these need to be declared?

LE: with the whole Huawei bruhaha, I hope there will not be problems importing them.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:25:03 PM

Since it's from China, coming to Canada, any estimation of duties that will be levied?
Scared

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 08:54:33 PM

A quick google images search will show you that the PCB image was stolen from another site at http://qpg.turbosquid.com/3d-Models/3ds/max/xsi/c4d/obj. I doubt these guys are genuine.

cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 12:19:58 AM

Absolute best Google translation from that btcman thread hands down:

(http://www.btcman.com/bbs/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=353&extra=page%3D1)

One under the power of what lese thing to hit the pumpkin Dr. Zhang Yi power attack other manufacturers jumped ship clown no place to run wild ran here to show IQ lower limit.

LMFAO
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 12:33:30 AM

9299 Renminbi = 9299 Yuan = 1483.75 USD

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renminbi

The renminbi (RMB, sign: ¥; code: CNY; also CN¥, 元 and CN元) is the official currency of China (People's Republic of China). Renminbi is legal tender in mainland China, but not in Hong Kong, Taiwan, or Macau. It is issued by the People's Bank of China, the monetary authority of China.[4] Its name (simplified Chinese: 人民币; traditional Chinese: 人民幣; pinyin: rénmínbì) means "people's currency".

This ad makes me nervous. I know they are selling to their Chinese customers...but if there is a joke...I don't see it yet...in the translator. Where is the punch line? (Keeps looking....1TH/s is an absurdly high number)
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 03:15:27 AM

Shocking: "UFO" ASIC mining machine.

Seems to be a parody. Not sure it's serious.
ralree

Activity: 518

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
October 15, 2012, 03:44:27 AM

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: