Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:45:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Info about BFL Power Draw  (Read 4051 times)
sLide. (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 03:43:07 PM

Does anyone have any information about predicted power draw of the SC's?  Huh

Aim - Slide.0
1J6UeiXtBYXmpA6uajRs3aJpUD1Tsj1CF3 - Tips?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 03:45:10 PM

All we know is that it won't be more than their current products, so < 80W for the SC Single, and < 1250W for the SC MR.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
sLide. (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:16:04 PM

All we know is that it won't be more than their current products, so < 80W for the SC Single, and < 1250W for the SC MR.

Keeping the 80W draw in mind, 

Bitcoin difficulty : 5388095.905910 (Once it doubles)
Drop is reward : 25

Keeping in mind that the Conversion rate doesn't change ( Which it probably will) 11.84 per bitcoin

Mining at 3.5Ghash/s

Power Consumption : 80w
Electricity rate: .15kWh

Time Frame: 18 months

Cost of mining hardware : 168 USD

That will return you close to 1,000 dollars. 

Not a bad investment.  With a 18month turn around. 

Aim - Slide.0
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:28:15 PM

I'm assuming you're just plugging those numbers into here: http://bitcoinx.com/profit/index.php

Now remember that the difficulty is expected to more than just double. Try sticking another 1 in front of that difficulty, or lowering the profitability decline down to 0.20.

They are great little units by today's standards! But you wont make $1000USD over 18 months..

sLide. (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 03:46:46 AM

I'm assuming you're just plugging those numbers into here: http://bitcoinx.com/profit/index.php

Now remember that the difficulty is expected to more than just double. Try sticking another 1 in front of that difficulty, or lowering the profitability decline down to 0.20.

They are great little units by today's standards! But you wont make $1000USD over 18 months..

I'm hoping that the difficulty doesn't go too much further than doubling.  I know the ASCI will cause a spike, but it will settle after a little.  As in every market, new technology will cause surge but the market will come to a balance again. 

Aim - Slide.0
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:00:18 AM

I'm hoping that the difficulty doesn't go too much further than doubling.  I know the ASCI will cause a spike, but it will settle after a little.  As in every market, new technology will cause surge but the market will come to a balance again. 

When doing my own calcs, I've been counting on a 10x increase. I'd rather it be lower and get more than I expected than to get my hopes up and be disappointed.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:23:34 AM

When doing my own calcs, I've been counting on a 10x increase. I'd rather it be lower and get more than I expected than to get my hopes up and be disappointed.

I've been thinking around 10,000,000 difficulty at least= 120 TH network total by late Nov early Dec  Grin

Until Jan/Feb/March,then maybe 300 TH network total=40,000,000 difficulty  Shocked

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Luceo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:28:00 AM

Keeping the 80W draw in mind, 

Bitcoin difficulty : 5388095.905910 (Once it doubles)
Drop is reward : 25

Keeping in mind that the Conversion rate doesn't change ( Which it probably will) 11.84 per bitcoin

Mining at 3.5Ghash/s

Power Consumption : 80w
Electricity rate: .15kWh

Time Frame: 18 months

Cost of mining hardware : 168 USD

That will return you close to 1,000 dollars. 

Not a bad investment.  With a 18month turn around. 

The 80W draw quoted is for the Single. The 3.5GH you've used is for the Jalapeno, which is USB powered (assuming USB3, that's less than 4.5W).

You'll probably see difficulty increase at minimum tenfold within 3 months of first product shipping.

crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 04:58:49 AM

The 80W draw quoted is for the Single. The 3.5GH you've used is for the Jalapeno, which is USB powered (assuming USB3, that's less than 4.5W).

You'll probably see difficulty increase at minimum tenfold within 3 months of first product shipping.

Damn idk why I didn't catch that! Tongue That bumps his profit numbers up another 150. Again, I think that's too optimistic, but w/e.

OneMINER

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 02:17:20 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Serial_Bus#USB_3.0

Possibly 7.5W for a jalapeno. Maximum current on the bus is 25W at 5V.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 09:44:52 PM

I think difficulty will sky rocket.  10 fold minimum, just in the next few months
this

hahahafr

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2012, 02:21:12 AM

It will. Closer to 30x based on my calculations.

◢◣                      ◢◣
                                     ◢████◣           ◢████◣
                               ◢████████◣◢████████◣
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████████
                               █████████████◤██████
                               ███████████◤████████
                               █████████◤██████████
                               ███████◤████████████
                               █████◤██████████████
                               █████◣                       ◢█████
                               ███████◣            ◢███████
                               █████████◣◢█████████
                               ◥████████◤◥████████◤
                                    ◥████◤            ◥████◤
                                          ◥◤                      

HYDAX
       Secure  
   Efficient
   Simple  
   Medium 
    Twitter  
    Telegram 
[/center
runeks
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 02:54:39 PM

Why would the difficulty ever decrease after a spike, unless you expect people to turn off their miners?
crazyates
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:31:09 PM

Why would the difficulty ever decrease after a spike, unless you expect people to turn off their miners?
By "settle" I don't think he meant "decrease". I read that as when the difficulty will jump up, eventually it has to level out somewhere. It might take 6 months, but eventually the difficulty will stabilize.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 02:20:42 PM

I think difficulty will sky rocket.  10 fold minimum, just in the next few months

Very much likely. In my analysis last month I predicted 7x increase minimum, but 10-12 is more likely.
Reference: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L8hKZinune9Cc7tWY9Pmx8J17BOxor7QNQAV03xROOc/edit

And where can we find these calculations?

HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 05:09:37 PM

Very much likely. In my analysis last month I predicted 7x increase minimum, but 10-12 is more likely.
Reference: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L8hKZinune9Cc7tWY9Pmx8J17BOxor7QNQAV03xROOc/edit

And where can we find these calculations?
I would like to know too, I have been seeing the 10X quote allot but the 30x is new.

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2012, 05:37:37 PM

I did some rough calculations based on our sales figures and at least for the case of BFL, we will not cause a 10x increase.  I can't speak for the other manufacturers numbers, of course.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 05:58:34 PM

I did some rough calculations based on our sales figures and at least for the case of BFL, we will not cause a 10x increase.  I can't speak for the other manufacturers numbers, of course.

0 points

SHOW YOUR WORK

</middleschoolmath>

Tongue
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 08:19:12 PM

I did some rough calculations based on our sales figures and at least for the case of BFL, we will not cause a 10x increase.  I can't speak for the other manufacturers numbers, of course.

Pretty much. The way I originally calculated it out, the 10x comes from not only the preorders posted by BFL, but also from other ASIC ventures, and all over the course of 12 months or so. I think I'll rework my numbers at the end of October/November, assuming more data is put out to the public (such as raw numbers on preorders/sales from BFL and other ASIC companies).

VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
September 27, 2012, 09:00:40 PM

I did some rough calculations based on our sales figures and at least for the case of BFL, we will not cause a 10x increase.  I can't speak for the other manufacturers numbers, of course.

glad to hear that
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: