Bitcoin Forum
July 01, 2024, 11:26:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPEC] SPEC - SCRYPT -/- CRYPTOWATCHER -/- DEDICATED SERVICE DEVELOPERS  (Read 29268 times)
locohammerhead

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 08:07:38 PM

Might I suggest moving to a PoW/PoS system?  Currently block confirmations are taking about a day or two at the current difficulty because someone with a rental keeps jumping on and jacking the diff up, forcing us who are consistently mining to bring it back to normal.  A Pow/PoS system would help rectify this problem by keeping the blockchain moving.

Ive been following this project since it was ANN'd and I think it has real promise if everything is delivered.  It could potentially hurt the block chain and cause it to grind to a halt if the difficulty was to rise too much because of multipools and such.  This is the same problem Bitmark came across and failed to rectify in time.

SPEC still has a chance to not make the same mistakes Bitmark did.

I completely agree with the statement above. Few of us have also posted and suggested PoS option as well.  In the long run it will definitely benefit the coin with the technical and market value side of things, in short make it more stable.

Hope PoS is considered.

Good luck.

I also like the idea of using a different diff retarget like KGW.  Other have noticed a HUGE jump in diff after 4 blocks are pretty much instamined.  So PoW/PoS with KGW rediff and the coin would be great.

Should also have a max weight. We don't want fookers opening their wallets once every blue moon just to collect massive stakes.

I concur.

Sun123

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 04:52:19 AM

What are you talking  Huh Coin dead. 8 Satoshi !!!  Undecided Today is 4 Satoshi.  Grin
thoth-Atlantian

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

I AM

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 09:09:23 AM

Yeah it was a scam coin perpetrated by Mods on Cryptsy, Greenlion and Nordman to give it some validity, show your disgust buy not trading on Crypt, not hard as it's all fake volume anyway.

www.dlsag.ch      1ex.trade
thoth-Atlantian

I AM

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 11:41:01 AM

CryptoWatcher is now commencing with Beta testing in which we will test the system, fix any bugs found and add new features to finish off the list.

More info on public beta will be posted as we near the final tests and any bug fixes that may or may not pop up.

-Spec Development Team

What about a link to testing?  if it in fact exists

How is that premine dump going ?/

Sun123

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 30, 2015, 05:30:26 PM

Pour on terrible. I do not understand those who hope for growth. Coin dead, no prospects. It is ridiculous. I have watched these coins 3)).He merged and forgotten.
SpecDevelopment (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 06:27:20 PM

Might I suggest moving to a PoW/PoS system?  Currently block confirmations are taking about a day or two at the current difficulty because someone with a rental keeps jumping on and jacking the diff up, forcing us who are consistently mining to bring it back to normal.  A Pow/PoS system would help rectify this problem by keeping the blockchain moving.

Ive been following this project since it was ANN'd and I think it has real promise if everything is delivered.  It could potentially hurt the block chain and cause it to grind to a halt if the difficulty was to rise too much because of multipools and such.  This is the same problem Bitmark came across and failed to rectify in time.

Yes, we actually have plans to take it hybrid in the near future. The initial plan was that it would be done by the end of Sept. Its being actively worked out and I am talking with one of the best devs for the job in order to see it through.
locohammerhead

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:10:44 PM

Yes, we actually have plans to take it hybrid in the near future. The initial plan was that it would be done by the end of Sept. Its being actively worked out and I am talking with one of the best devs for the job in order to see it through.

Mind letting us know who this dev is?  BTW if iGotSpots gets his hands on this coin, I'm out.  Hopefully it's not him.  I've been holding for a while and plan on buying more soon. lol

Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:23:29 PM

Mind letting us know who this dev is?  BTW if iGotSpots gets his hands on this coin, I'm out.  Hopefully it's not him.  I've been holding for a while and plan on buying more soon. lol

Ha! Ya man, was thinking the same, if its igotspots, I'll dump my stash at loss. They should contact presstab.

cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:30:59 PM

at this point its hard to trust anything the devs post regarding this coin, as any news its seems is designed to just pump up value.  A burn was announced over a month ago....but to date hasn't been done....its bullshit that it should take so long.  no real other developments.   a weak ass blockexplorer seems to be only thing team has put out beside their bullshit posts.
at least burn the 300 million already...
I guess they did do a good job hoodwinking crypsty into adding...or is it like ive seen posted that crypsty mods are in on scam?
cohnhead

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:34:10 PM

Ha! Ya man, was thinking the same, if its igotspots, I'll dump my stash at loss. They should contact presstab.

agreed....he got involved in xra and it went from like 10-12 sat to 500-600 sat
locohammerhead

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:33:01 AM

agreed....he got involved in xra and it went from like 10-12 sat to 500-600 sat
I'd vote for Presstab.

Dieselsucker

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 04:53:51 PM

[/quote]

Ditto
locohammerhead

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 02:07:11 AM

So who moved 50,000,000 SPEC and froze the chain lol? https://www.blockexperts.com/spec/height/12540

This is why we need PoS too.

stoner19

Activity: 752

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 03:28:42 AM

I added my hash to try and help move the chain but so far no luck.

I agree. adding PoS to this would be great. I'd suggest talking to twoturtles AKA syntaks about doing the work first, and if he can't help then I agree with the other guys that presstab would be a good option.
locohammerhead

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 04:23:49 PM

I agree. adding PoS to this would be great. I'd suggest talking to twoturtles AKA syntaks about doing the work first, and if he can't help then I agree with the other guys that presstab would be a good option.

Syntaks and press are both very qualified devs.  It looks like the chain started moving again around 5 AM EST and had stopped at 10 PM the day before.  This is unacceptable if you plan on using this to pay for a service.  You need a chain that will continue to move regardless of the transaction size.  Strict PoW requires people dedicated to sticking their hardware onto the chain and right now it's me and just a few other people still mining this coin.  I'm not willing to give it my full hash either given the current price and drastic diff issues.

It's been given to me on good word that SPEC looks fairly legit and the devs seem dedicated.  My suggestion in order to improve consumer confidence.  Provide a select few of us to demo and beta test your system with you. 

As someone who tests web applications for a living I can attest having new eyes on your project will bring issues to the light that the devs would of missed on their own.  It's in your best interest, SPEC devs, to allow people to view your private beta and to perform tests on the system.  Having never seen it before and not knowing how it's supposed to act gives us a clean slate when it comes to bug testing.  Which overall is very beneficial to not only keeping development on track but also giving the community hope that it will be released.

regards,
loco

thoth-Atlantian

I AM

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 10:43:38 PM

Dude , Its not a real coin, a failed scam, what successful coin ANN would be handled so badly CW will never come to light

cohnhead

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 11:14:16 PM

Syntaks and press are both very qualified devs.  It looks like the chain started moving again around 5 AM EST and had stopped at 10 PM the day before.  This is unacceptable if you plan on using this to pay for a service.  You need a chain that will continue to move regardless of the transaction size.  Strict PoW requires people dedicated to sticking their hardware onto the chain and right now it's me and just a few other people still mining this coin.  I'm not willing to give it my full hash either given the current price and drastic diff issues.

It's been given to me on good word that SPEC looks fairly legit and the devs seem dedicated.  My suggestion in order to improve consumer confidence.  Provide a select few of us to demo and beta test your system with you. 

As someone who tests web applications for a living I can attest having new eyes on your project will bring issues to the light that the devs would of missed on their own.  It's in your best interest, SPEC devs, to allow people to view your private beta and to perform tests on the system.  Having never seen it before and not knowing how it's supposed to act gives us a clean slate when it comes to bug testing.  Which overall is very beneficial to not only keeping development on track but also giving the community hope that it will be released.

regards,
loco
legit....why would one of devs post about burning 300 million coins and then not do it
locohammerhead

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 02:56:49 PM

regards,
loco
legit....why would one of devs post about burning 300 million coins and then not do it

Stoner19 and I noticed 50 million going to around 6 different addys.  Seeing if we can find them again.  Will update this post when we do.

dukester99

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 03:19:16 PM

Why isn't the dev defending himself here? What is going on with this coin is it going to sht?
cohnhead

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:36:06 PM

Why isn't the dev defending himself here? What is going on with this coin is it going to sht?
isn't there supposed to be a team....you would think one of them would respond?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: