Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:48:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SPEC] SPEC - SCRYPT -/- CRYPTOWATCHER -/- DEDICATED SERVICE DEVELOPERS  (Read 29266 times)
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:27:04 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 09:33:27 PM by Kushedout

Why isn't the dev defending himself here? What is going on with this coin is it going to sht?
isn't there supposed to be a team....you would think one of them would respond?

3 possibilities.

1) Straight out scam, the coin movment locohammerhead and stoner19 noticed is in preparation of a dump and an end to the scam.

2) By staying silent, they want to give an impression of a scam, for mass accumulation at dirt cheap before the pump.

3) incompetence.

Either way, its not a professional conduct, hence "invest" with caution, or better yet, dont.

The only way they can rectify the situation, is to 1) burn the 300m asap and post update when done, 2) release beta version to select few in the community for testing/validation. 3) Answer few of the legitimate questions/concerns posed "investors" and maintain that communication.

"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:44:32 PM

I added my hash to try and help move the chain but so far no luck.

I agree. adding PoS to this would be great. I'd suggest talking to twoturtles AKA syntaks about doing the work first, and if he can't help then I agree with the other guys that presstab would be a good option.

Syntaks and press are both very qualified devs.  It looks like the chain started moving again around 5 AM EST and had stopped at 10 PM the day before.  This is unacceptable if you plan on using this to pay for a service.  You need a chain that will continue to move regardless of the transaction size.  Strict PoW requires people dedicated to sticking their hardware onto the chain and right now it's me and just a few other people still mining this coin.  I'm not willing to give it my full hash either given the current price and drastic diff issues.

It's been given to me on good word that SPEC looks fairly legit and the devs seem dedicated.  My suggestion in order to improve consumer confidence.  Provide a select few of us to demo and beta test your system with you.  

As someone who tests web applications for a living I can attest having new eyes on your project will bring issues to the light that the devs would of missed on their own.  It's in your best interest, SPEC devs, to allow people to view your private beta and to perform tests on the system.  Having never seen it before and not knowing how it's supposed to act gives us a clean slate when it comes to bug testing.  Which overall is very beneficial to not only keeping development on track but also giving the community hope that it will be released.

regards,
loco
legit....why would one of devs post about burning 300 million coins and then not do it

Stoner19 and I noticed 50 million going to around 6 different addys.  Seeing if we can find them again.  Will update this post when we do.

you can follow them directly from the premine address directly to the 50M transaction the other day when the blockchain froze.

5K3fWP6Wz3fRwYhCuT2x1B83cSR4264Jit (premine) > 54fRepuJHpWQuU4UnYiNyEx2UoQkcZaxPV > 5L8SmyTHvs9GQc3SFGmM6Z7PCya9k8MuuM >
5QGDiPkkvpn7xU6U9GKUPjb9YhBnV9LcZi > 577ree55n1G5SXGXif7mLsExZsoQ5R5cBA

The last address is the 50,000,000 SPEC transaction.

I think 5L8SmyTHvs9GQc3SFGmM6Z7PCya9k8MuuM is the tell-tale address. I'm just making assumptions here but when I try to follow transactions from the premine address it certainly just looks like an attempt to manually mix things. These are only SOME of the addresses used in what looks like to be mixing. If there is something else going on here, devs please fill us in. I love the idea of everything you guys are claiming to be making and certainly hope that you guys can prove all of the scam accusations wrong.
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:41:40 PM

I agree. adding PoS to this would be great. I'd suggest talking to twoturtles AKA syntaks about doing the work first, and if he can't help then I agree with the other guys that presstab would be a good option.

Syntaks and press are both very qualified devs.  It looks like the chain started moving again around 5 AM EST and had stopped at 10 PM the day before.  This is unacceptable if you plan on using this to pay for a service.  You need a chain that will continue to move regardless of the transaction size.  Strict PoW requires people dedicated to sticking their hardware onto the chain and right now it's me and just a few other people still mining this coin.  I'm not willing to give it my full hash either given the current price and drastic diff issues.

It's been given to me on good word that SPEC looks fairly legit and the devs seem dedicated.  My suggestion in order to improve consumer confidence.  Provide a select few of us to demo and beta test your system with you.  

As someone who tests web applications for a living I can attest having new eyes on your project will bring issues to the light that the devs would of missed on their own.  It's in your best interest, SPEC devs, to allow people to view your private beta and to perform tests on the system.  Having never seen it before and not knowing how it's supposed to act gives us a clean slate when it comes to bug testing.  Which overall is very beneficial to not only keeping development on track but also giving the community hope that it will be released.

regards,
loco
legit....why would one of devs post about burning 300 million coins and then not do it

Stoner19 and I noticed 50 million going to around 6 different addys.  Seeing if we can find them again.  Will update this post when we do.

you can follow them directly from the premine address directly to the 50M transaction the other day when the blockchain froze.

5K3fWP6Wz3fRwYhCuT2x1B83cSR4264Jit (premine) > 54fRepuJHpWQuU4UnYiNyEx2UoQkcZaxPV > 5L8SmyTHvs9GQc3SFGmM6Z7PCya9k8MuuM >

I think 5L8SmyTHvs9GQc3SFGmM6Z7PCya9k8MuuM is the tell-tale address. I'm just making assumptions here but when I try to follow transactions from the premine address it certainly just looks like an attempt to manually mix things. These are only SOME of the addresses used in what looks like to be mixing. If there is something else going on here, devs please fill us in. I love the idea of everything you guys are claiming to be making and certainly hope that you guys can prove all of the scam accusations wrong.
so what is in this address can still be burned?......5LsbCoYa8xH5Uig1pvaqdwmym6zptL5r8k
stoner19

Activity: 752

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:13:32 PM

regards,
loco

so what is in this address can still be burned?......5LsbCoYa8xH5Uig1pvaqdwmym6zptL5r8k

I don't see why it couldn't be. At least it's still there and hasn't moved. They just need to use a provably unspendable address: http://earlz.net/view/2014/10/22/0340/provably-spendable-altcoin-burn-addresses
SpecDevelopment (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 02:16:12 PM

We are in the process of adding development forums to https://www.speccoin.com which will be used to give community updates vs spreading the information out through several forums.

This will allow us one central location to send information out on burns, cryptowatcher updates, invites, or anything to do with SPEC development etc.
locohammerhead

Activity: 530

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 02:19:16 PM

We are in the process of adding development forums to https://www.speccoin.com which will be used to give community updates vs spreading the information out through several forums.

This will allow us one central location to send information out on burns, cryptowatcher updates, invites, or anything to do with SPEC development etc.

Right but in the meantime can you at least address some of our concerns so we arnt sitting here waiting?  I've been with the project since its original ANN, just want an idea of whats going on with the burn addys.

SpecDevelopment (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 02:52:15 PM

Right but in the meantime can you at least address some of our concerns so we arnt sitting here waiting?  I've been with the project since its original ANN, just want an idea of whats going on with the burn addys.

There will be full updates once we launch the forums. We were originally going to have a little ceremony to make the burn a bit memorable (something to the tune of 1,000-10,000-1,000,000 SPEC being burned everytime a community member pushed a button on the burn site) however actual CW development got in the way which means we will probably just do something quick and dirty thats provable (Yes earlz is an option). They havent moved and once we add the forums we will have more info.
SpecDevelopment (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 04:26:16 PM

Also, once the forum is up we will begin updating the community on SPEC going hybrid and how it needs to happen to ensure smooth experience.
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:01:08 PM

please stop dicking around...it was announced that a burn would take place over a month ago.....didn't think it was that difficult to have done

the development of cw getting in the way sounds like a convenient excuse...to put it politely. 

never should have said it was to be done (before someone went on vacation) if you guys were not prepared to do it in that time frame

I mean its probably the easiest milestone to accomplish...yet it remains undone

and as to having to have a forum up and running for members....wtf is this... the thing i am on right now   frig it has forum right at the top of the page.

so please don't use that as an excuse also

just burn the coins already
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:08:22 PM

Also, once the forum is up we will begin updating the community on SPEC going hybrid and how it needs to happen to ensure smooth experience.

If you wanted central hub for SPEC updates to be on another forum, you should of done that from the beginning and point to that in your OP. It takes less than 5 min to setup a forum.

You launched your coin on BCT, you kept the updates here and this is where people expect updates. You also have not given ETA on when the forum will be launched, therefor we have no clue when our concerns will be answered.

with all the time you wasted typing up where the updates will be posted, you could of simply addressed them instead.

As far as your fun little website to burn the coin, whats more important to you, building confidence or silly button for burning coins. Burn the damn coins already.

All I see is delay tactics when you make a post with no content, which to me is red flag = Scam.

SpecDevelopment (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 05:34:18 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2015, 09:14:16 PM by SpecDevelopment

If you wanted central hub for SPEC updates to be on another forum, you should of done that from the beginning and point to that in your OP. It takes less than 5 min to setup a forum.

You launched your coin on BCT, you kept the updates here and this is where people expect updates. You also have not given ETA on when the forum will be launched, therefor we have no clue when our concerns will be answered.

with all the time you wasted typing up where the updates will be posted, you could of simply addressed them instead.

As far as your fun little website to burn the coin, whats more important to you, building confidence or silly button for burning coins. Burn the damn coins already.

All I see is delay tactics when you make a post with no content, which to me is red flag = Scam.

I sincerely apologize that you dont approve of setting up a central forum/blog for better updates in a central location. The fact is that updates will be posted when they are ready, not on the time frame that you deem to be the best. When it was mentioned that there is going to be a burn, it was to let everyone know that it is on the list. We originally had a plan and decided to address it after tackling a few bigger issues. If things arent happening on a timeline that you approve of, there are two things that come to mind that you can immediately do.

1. Create a project and run it exactly how you see fit.
2. Pick one of the 1000's of projects out there that are more in line with your needs.

Some of the things we are working on are no small feat, updates are given as we have them.

Taking SPEC hybrid is one of the bigger obstacles as it has to be planned out perfectly. The jist of it though is that its actively being tackled and we will ultimately choose the best route to take so that the community can transition smoothly.

CW is a big project that requires a ton of resources and has to be proofed fully. Its the equivalent of taking the biggest exchanges information and combining it into one. This is no small feat.

Spectra needs to be fully proofed. Its working well and the dev is probably the best blockchain dev available. This is no small feat.

Bottom line is, information, updates and alpha launches will take place when we deem them fully ready. No sooner. If that doesnt suit your needs, simply pick something else to follow.

This thread is being locked and future updates can be found at http://blog.speccoin.com. ETA on the forum is 48 hours.
SpecDevelopment (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 06:20:56 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2015, 09:14:01 PM by SpecDevelopment

SPECTRA Released.

SPECTRA Open Source Block Explorer is now available on our official github: https://github.com/SpecDevelopment/spectra

Example of Vanilla SPECTRA used for SPEC can be found here: http://dev.speccoin.com/spectra/

SPECTRA has been tested for POW and Hybrid with little to no modification and most other coins that use the bitcoin style JSON-RPC calls.

It was important to us to include enough of a foundation in order for a dev to easily port it to their needs. Hats off to CallMeJake the original creator of blockcrawler and now SPECTRA  Cheesy

Updates also coming to https://www.speccoin.com shortly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: