Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:59:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: scrypt.cc is provably lying about their 850GH/s Scrypt mining  (Read 13483 times)
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 09:13:37 AM

If someone after seeing your posts still ''invested'' in that site its beyond stupid. I have to say your explanations are extremely clear and there's really no doubt that they were no legit. Im not good at technical stuff about cyrptocurrencies but the way you explained it even a kid would understand it.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ThePhwner

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

something something Bitcoin

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:36:36 PM

If PONZA, then you explain to me how it works nearly two years?

Because fanboys like you keep sending him money. If you had a group of idiots throwing BTC at you every 20 minutes why would you make it stop?

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
2 for $25 including shipping
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:03:38 AM

Is this site claiming to be brazilian based? Brazil's got one of the most expensive energy prices. I am surprised nobody ever took a look at this. I am struggling to mine with solar panels (and being robbed by waldohoover) here. No way somebody is mining 850gh/s in Brazil. He would need to have a gigantic solar farm or steal electricity which would be easy at small scale but very hard at such scale, not to say impossible.
I doubt he is brazilian. Marcelo Santos is a very generic name, Marcelo is one of top 10 first names and santos top 3 surnames.

if this goes by the 0.01% possibility that is not a scam, I would love to visit their farm!

I did touch on the subject of energy prices in Brazil a few days before you had asked about it and in the research I found was not promising. As of 2013 Brazil ranked a 2-3 times higher costs of energy than more developed countries such as US, Canada, or even Russia and in the last year alone the energy prices have tripled. The reason it could not be competitive is the heat, Brazil is a very hot country and most of it's energy comes from air conditioning. If you had a mining farm it would be very expensive to run it in Brazil because it would cost additional money in order to keep the miners cool so they don't break down from the heat, this is why the most competitive mining farms are run in cold climates, india which has some of the lowest costs, or China where some farms are subsidized by the government.

I was just sarcastic you guys already make drama tjeezzz..

and by the way where did you get that much time and energy to write each page something pfff.. can't deal with your guys
have better things to do.

Good Bitcoin investments don't take a lot of babysitting and leave one with some free time. See how many people are questioning if Hashnest is really mining, or if they're really in China, etc. If you invest in legit mining or Bitcoin funds, you don't have to constantly worry and watch to make sure you're coming out ahead. Kind of nice, actually.

Normally I would garden or something but it's been crap weather, and Netflix gets old, so why not have fun here?

I found this, maybe is can help? This is supposed to be their business or possibly related.

http://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://www.adaobraga.com.br/brasil-tecnologia-da-informacao-ltda-o-golpe-do-boleto-facultativo/&prev=search

No actual listing of "MKT information technology" anywhere, and if it's located in Curitiba Brazil I can't imagine how it could compete effectively anyways since Brazil is one of the hottest countries in the world.

So how would it be possible for Scrypt.cc to be able to negotiate lower energy prices when Brazil has approximately triple the energy costs as USA with the recent hikes in energy prices? http://riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/rio-business/electricity-bills-to-increase-by-70-percent-in-rio-and-sao-paulo/#

You may also combine this with the anonymous newbie account, no pictures of any mining equipment, and the recent "hack" which would make it pretty much impossible for them to repay all customers. The name Marcelo Santos doesn't really mean anything, might as well be Jesus as there is nothing to check it against.

Completely agree, just pointing out that Curitiba is not in the states discussed on the news you've posted (Rio and São Paulo); Curitiba is in Paraná (the state where I live and where the situation is even worse since not only the federal government raised the power bill nationwide, the state government has raised it a little more in Paraná).

At least one thing on this website has a high probability of being real: the admin is indeed brazilian. Some people have claimed that he is american / indian because of IP tracking results, but today he answered a message on S.CC's "trollbox" (chat) in perfect portuguese, even using a slang.

Curitiba itself wasn't really the point as the general vicinity gives an idea of power costs. Would power costs between neighboring countries be radically different? No it would not because it's affected by environmental factors such as weather and if you are mining, that generates a great deal of heat in one of the hottest countries in the world. You could not achieve less power costs than US, Canada, or even Russia because the national average in Brazil is twice that of those countries and in order to keep all the rigs from literally melting in the heat, the cooling alone would make it uncompetitive.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 10:16:51 AM

I thought scrypt.cc was already proven to be a ponzi, and is currently "being hacked" before likely disappearing with the remaining coins; why are people still discussing wether or not its a ponzi?

It's not a discussion about whether it's a Ponzi or not, it's to help educate people against the dangers of Ponzi scheme's and it's negative effects. There have been posts saying that people should not care and let people get scammed, this is a bad philosophy because people being taken advantage of inhibits the flow of capital into Cryptocurrencies as a whole and hurts everyone. You should care because if you hold any Coin, it makes it worth less because people feel cheated and leave, money derived from these scams get sold back into fiat and devalues Bitcoin, most everything is derived from the price of Bitcoin.

You are doing a disservice to yourself and everyone else by not doing something about it.
ThePhwner

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:01:03 PM

Someone on Litecointalk is gathering user info for a potential legal action against the owner of LTCGear. The reason this is interesting to me is that last time I checked, 65 users had given their info. Those 65 users alone hold LTCGear shares that equate to 1.3 Th/s of Scrypt hash. We can safely assume this is a small percentage of total users... I'm not going to even guess on the math for the total user base and share count but my point to all the believers in things like Scrypt.CC and LTCGear and their "mining" operations is that if any of this was real, the LTC and Doge networks would be Th/s more than they currently are.

Hand-carved Bitcoin stamps for sale: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1247131
Xandrah

Activity: 272
Merit: 260

Pool Owner

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:27:13 PM

Yep looks like the website is slowly dying, claiming hacking and other lies.
clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 01:03:20 PM

Yep looks like the website is slowly dying, claiming hacking and other lies.

This year is called the year of Bitcoin Ponzi, for a small amount of time to close dozens of similar sites.
Julia_love

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 04:01:32 PM

@ Marcelo you are doing a great job...
I will wait patiently untill you have fix,d all things on the site.
I have autobuy turned on so i have saved 0.03 btc to invest as soon as all is good again..
I know deposits and withdrawels are working fine however i will wait and keep on claiming scanthebox faucet untill my hands fall a sleep.
And in the meantime my khs grows on scrypt.cc
I admire your service and online chat comunity they have helped me a lot..special thanks to all people at the scrypt chatbox that have helped me out , gave me tips and some also funded me...
So i am very greatfull to Marcelo scrypt.cc and the comunity for being great online friends.
For the ones that think scrypt.cc is a scam...think again ,,
Scrypt is so much more than only cloudmining.
Think about it !!!!!!!!!!
chalkboard17

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:06:54 PM

Julia is not a woman and is scrypt.cc's shill. Watch out.

▄▄  ▄▄                
            ██  ▀▀  ▀▀   ██           
        ██                   ██

██  ██  ▄▄            
     ██    ██           ▀▀  ▄▄        
                  ███       ▀▀        
   ██    ██   ███      ███     ██     
                          ███         
  ██   ██   ██    ███ ███    ▄▄   ██  
               ███           ▀▀       
  ██   ██  ███           ███  ██   ██ 
                     ███              
    ▄▄  ██    ███ ███     ▄▄  ██   ██ 
    ▀▀    ▄▄              ▀▀          
      ▄▄  ▀▀          ███    ██   ██  
      ▀▀      ██  ███                 
         ██              ███    ███   
             ██  ██  ███              
       ██                    ██       
           ███  ▄▄▄  ▄▄  ███          
                ▀▀▀  ▀▀               

STREAMITY

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
  Telegram
LinkedIn
Medium
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:33:05 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2015, 07:08:52 AM by Crestington

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=519697;sa=showPosts

Julia's posts only began on Scrypt.cc with a couple posts on another cloudmining topic as well http://ore-mine.org/ which is also another suspicious site with no ssl certs and claiming to have over 100,000 users. Like Scrypt.cc, this ore-mine site also has no proof of mining and no transparency.

Put your money into another persons pocket and hope they will be generous enough to provide you with some scraps, this seems to be the aim of the game. Ore-mine seems to be unaffiliated with scrypt.cc and not really about mining at all but more or less a Ponzi-game, the user "Sector" who runs the ore-mine site promotes it a bit as a virtual mining site, even though it doesn't seem like there is any actual mining going on..
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 09, 2015, 08:33:59 PM

thats pretty obvious from the content of the post.

special thanks to all people at the scrypt chatbox that have helped me out , gave me tips and some also funded me...
!!!!!

yeah that totally happens all the time in this community. money literally pours from your keyboard when you ask for tips.

care to elaborate on what "more" there is? its not even mining in the first place; if youre going to shill at least do a competent job of it.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
strangerdanger101

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2015, 10:44:27 AM

The scrypt.cc ponzi is breathing its last breaths if you send them money now you get what you deserve.

What has it got in its pocketses precious? BTC: 1KctJNLwzFK8qJPsSwDrQRNxxKnVCrZm93
ThePhwner

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:37:59 PM

@ Marcelo you are doing a great job...
I will wait patiently untill you have fix,d all things on the site.
I have autobuy turned on so i have saved 0.03 btc to invest as soon as all is good again..
I know deposits and withdrawels are working fine however i will wait and keep on claiming scanthebox faucet untill my hands fall a sleep.
And in the meantime my khs grows on scrypt.cc
I admire your service and online chat comunity they have helped me a lot..special thanks to all people at the scrypt chatbox that have helped me out , gave me tips and some also funded me...
So i am very greatfull to Marcelo scrypt.cc and the comunity for being great online friends.
For the ones that think scrypt.cc is a scam...think again ,,
Think about it !!!!!!!!!!

This is the funniest thing ever. This is a better definition of "Faucet Queen" that I could ever write myself. With the added bonus of talking about community and love and whatever else. You must have dozens of KHS by now with all those faucet earnings...

Julia_love

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:29:42 AM

you can say about me what you want....
i am a singel mom i work 2 jobs and do this bitcoin thing when i have time left..
i am out to make a little extra money..whats wrong with that ??
i am a newbie to all this so i need help and tips etc.
scrypt.cc has ben good for me , i have no complaints and the people in the chat are nice.
you all attack me for nothing ?? just because i have no bad experience with scrypt.cc
if you don,t like scrypt then why not make your own website ?
i will also join yours .
it is like i say ,, all i have invested in cloudmining i have earned online with scanthebox faucet rotator,,also some nice people helped me out a little.
and on top of it all u say i am not a woman,,offcourse you are not a man !!
all speculations,,,stop the insults,,and stop wasting your time screaming scam..because you can spend your time in a better way
love to all and i mean no harm to anybody
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:19:48 AM

i dont care if they mine or not , as long as they pay out get the fuck off me man , go get a life

so you dont mind that they rob peter to pay paul ehhh.. ok i know where you stand!!

best regards
d57heinz

Now comes the part where you'll get called a bunch of names for taking this position. It's cool though, because, THE PROFITS MAN.

Wait till the part where they royally get fucked up the ass and come a cryin' to the very folks who tried to teach them simple maths.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 05:26:22 AM

Now comes the part where you'll get called a bunch of names for taking this position. It's cool though, because, THE PROFITS MAN.

Wait till the part where they royally get fucked up the ass and come a cryin' to the very folks who tried to teach them simple maths.

That's all we can do. We can try to help them understand, but they don't want to. Sometimes the royal ass-fucking is the only way of getting through to them.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
ThePhwner

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 12:24:13 AM

The Scrypt.cc domain is registered through eNom, from Kirkland, WA via Namecheap, in California. Further research reveals that the host is PhoenixNAP, a very popular datacenter in Arizona. This can be confirmed with WHOIS and CloudFlare.

ThePhwner

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:17:49 AM

Please be aware CloudFlare is a network provider offering a reverse proxy, pass-through security service. We are not a hosting provider. CloudFlare does not control the content of our customers.

Accepted URL(s) on scrypt.cc:
http://scrypt.cc/

Abuse Contact: adrianm@phoenixnap.com

We have notified our customer of your report, and we have forwarded your report on to the responsible hosting provider. You may also direct your report to:

1. The provider where scrypt.cc is hosted (provided above);
2. The owner listed in the WHOIS record for scrypt.cc and/or;
3. The contact listed on the scrypt.cc site.

Note: A lookup of the IP for a CloudFlare customer website will show CloudFlare IPs because we are a pass-through network. The actual website is still hosted at the hosting provider indicated above. If the hosting provider has any questions, please have the hosting provider contact us directly regarding this site. Due to attempted abuse of our complaint reporting process, we will only provide the IP of scrypt.cc to the responsible hosting provider if they contact us directly at abusereply@cloudflare.com.

Regards,

CloudFlare Abuse

cryptodevil (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:02:17 AM

Nicely done, sir.

If this site can be taken offline then there is less chance for the scammers to keep this long drawn-out mark-cooling phase going and, therefore, more chance there'll still be enough 'investors' sufficiently motivated to take appropriate action against them.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
neilsolomons

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:00:02 AM

Out of curiosity, why didn't all you investigators report your findings to the internet provider for Scrypt.cc or the authorities rather than come to Internet forum and try to advise people from doing things.

Is it the HERO factor, that you can now say you have saved people from something. Seriously no offence but everyone lives in a world these days where everyone thinks it's alright to stick their nose in everyone's business like they have a right to. Every tax paying person in the world pays for law enforcement and the USA has so many resources I would have been killed ages ago if it had been reported.

Just saying but some people get off on an ego trip.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: