Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:53:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is butterfly labs mining with those ASICs at the moment?  (Read 37505 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:19:16 PM

I am as far along as BFL in my asic production and can provide just as much proof. But I am going to use Virtex 7's as a base instead they are way better then startix III. Ignore the lx150 marks in the new .bng they have been changed.

You need more LEDs. They make the hashing go faster. You'll never reach BetterFlyLight-speed if you use less than 14 LEDs.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:23:42 PM

Lets get back to the thread ignore the rest you guys are right.
BFL is not mining with ASIC's and never have to this point.
They have not got a test batch of ASIC'S So they are more then 1-2 months out from ever producing a working model for the customers. If they have no problems with the test batch.

These are all facts about the thread lets stay on topic here Cheesy

I got 27 LED's thank you they are hidden under my new seceret octolayer PCB built on tooth pick sticks and can reach 10 t/h easy

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:24:54 PM

I got 27 LED's thank you they are hidden under my new seceret octolayer PCB built on tooth pick sticks and can reach 10 t/h easy

Metal Gear?
BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:27:39 PM

Gold Gear! I forgot I am selling pre-orders for 10T/h units give me the money and I will build you the machine. It worked once it can work again right? No proto-type just a dream and a pocket full of other peoples money.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:29:02 PM

Lets get back to the thread ignore the rest you guys are right.
BFL is not mining with ASIC's and never have to this point.
They have not got a test batch of ASIC'S So they are more then 1-2 months out from ever producing a working model for the customers. If they have no problems with the test batch.

These are all facts about the thread lets stay on topic here Cheesy

I like how you use that as an excuse to ignore my questions you cannot answer.  Wink
BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:35:26 PM

If buy (a) at price X
You get (a) 5 years down the road it still valued at price X.
In 5 years I used you X to make XXXX and then sell you your X back.
You made no return off the money you LENT to me.
If I loaned you money for (b) and you payed me (b) with interest then you made a return.
If you think BFL did not use some of the money for Capital Investments you are slow.
You gave them money for a product, not to buy machines to make the product or pay someone to invent it.
If thats what they wanted you should have Invested with them.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:40:50 PM

If buy (a) at price X
You get (a) 5 years down the road it still valued at price X.
In 5 years I used you X to make XXXX and then sell you your X back.
You made no return off the money you LENT to me.
If I loaned you money for (b) and you payed me (b) with interest then you made a return.
If you think BFL did not use some of the money for Capital Investments you are slow.
You gave them money for a product, not to buy machines to make the product or pay someone to invent it.
If thats what they wanted you should have Invested with them.
You're still COMPLETELY missing the point.

I KNOW FULL WELL that this is a PREORDER.  I DO NOT expect to receive interest on the money used for my PREORDER.  If I am ok with this, WHY DO YOU CARE?
squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:52:38 PM

I really think he's so dedicated to his rambling troll role that he bought a jalapeño just to give his troll-fu more merit.

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 08:55:05 PM

Read the other posts it will tell you why I care, Why do you care that I car? Why do you keep responding? Why are you on this forum? what are you motives?

See how those types of questions go....

I am a consumer I have rights I used my rights and the koolaid drinkers are pissed.

what did I tell you about your opinion before?  squeet keep repeating it in your head.

squeept

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:03:32 PM

I WANT MORE ATTENTION!!!

I'm just going to keep repeating "it's an Altera HardCopy" because I haven't the slightest clue what I'm talking about.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:05:16 PM

Read the other posts it will tell you why I care, Why do you care that I car? Why do you keep responding? Why are you on this forum? what are you motives?

See how those types of questions go....

I am a consumer I have rights I used my rights and the koolaid drinkers are pissed.

what did I tell you about your opinion before?  squeet keep repeating it in your head.
So tell me then, when was the last time you preordered an item?  Did the vendor paid you interest on the funds you paid to them?  Or did they cancel your order after you made such an absurd demand?
BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:16:37 PM

Look you might not understand how the law is in this manor.
A merchant can use the Funds to purchase Materials to produce the product.
They can not use the funds to create, or buy equipment to make the product.
Like I said that would be called a Investment. I will list my demands like I do for any company.
1) what is the product. Check BFL stated that
2) what does it do? They got that too
3) will we be updated with progress. X on that one
4) will I have my question answered with honest answers. X on that one too.
5) Shipping range. If you miss it tell me why. X they will not do that either.

I do not care about the Die sizes or the actual size of the product. I care about how they treat me and the community as a whole, which is like shit. I have never seen a rep from any company that sells things come on to a forum and chastise customers for asking questions. You all follow this company like they are innocent and their behavior is justified. I think the fear is something will go wrong and they will split with your funds, and yet again the koolaid drinkers will then be pissed. Now what if Avalon comes to market first, BFL has now caused you to lose out on a chance to buy a working model of a product.... how would that make you feel? I am sure they will get you your Asic's but the question is when, and how long are you going to let them draw you out?

I could only expect this from the people that advertise for them.....

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:26:27 PM

Look you might not understand how the law is in this manor.
A merchant can use the Funds to purchase Materials to produce the product.
They can not use the funds to create, or buy equipment to make the product.
Like I said that would be called a Investment. I will list my demands like I do for any company.
1) what is the product. Check BFL stated that
2) what does it do? They got that too
3) will we be updated with progress. X on that one
4) will I have my question answered with honest answers. X on that one too.
5) Shipping range. If you miss it tell me why. X they will not do that either.

I do not care about the Die sizes or the actual size of the product. I care about how they treat me and the community as a whole, which is like shit. I have never seen a rep from any company that sells things come on to a forum and chastise customers for asking questions. You all follow this company like they are innocent and their behavior is justified. I think the fear is something will go wrong and they will split with your funds, and yet again the koolaid drinkers will then be pissed. Now what if Avalon comes to market first, BFL has now caused you to lose out on a chance to buy a working model of a product.... how would that make you feel? I am sure they will get you your Asic's but the question is when, and how long are you going to let them draw you out?

I could only expect this from the people that advertise for them.....
You are talking about YOUR demands and what YOU care about.  I don't care about what you care about - I care about what I care about.  So why are you still spouting on about this?  We get it - you don't like BFL, and you won't order from them.  So what?

If Avalon comes to market first?  Well, then I made the wrong bet.  I would blame no one but myself for putting my money into the wrong company.  It is not your responsibility, the government's responsibility, or anyone else's responsibility to "protect" me from what I do with my funds and whom I choose to trust with it.  If I want to put money into a pre-order with a months-long wait, that is my choice.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:29:48 PM

Then stop reading......

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:32:48 PM

Then stop reading......
Fair enough, I shall.
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:44:58 PM

No, we are waiting on our ASIC chips right now, as I've stated in a number of other places, though it's understandable if you have missed the posts, since they are spread out everywhere.

So basically for the bitcoin magazine post (here: http://bitcoinmagazine.net/butterfly-labs-releases-more-asic-photos/) you guys soldered some random QFN components to the board to you would have something to show....?

Inaba, please explain.
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 09:57:10 PM

No, we are waiting on our ASIC chips right now, as I've stated in a number of other places, though it's understandable if you have missed the posts, since they are spread out everywhere.

So basically for the bitcoin magazine post (here: http://bitcoinmagazine.net/butterfly-labs-releases-more-asic-photos/) you guys soldered some random QFN components to the board to you would have something to show....?

Inaba, please explain.

As someone already noticed, most likely.
The chip near the unsoldered ARM seems to be a DDR RAM chip, or maybe even SRAM,  I would say they will try to mine LTC. But I'll also say it will work like crap if they will.. Wink

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
abeaulieu

Activity: 295

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 10:20:03 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2012, 10:37:23 PM by abeaulieu

Inaba, please explain.

As someone already noticed, most likely.
The chip near the unsoldered ARM seems to be a DDR RAM chip, or maybe even SRAM,  I would say they will try to mine LTC. But I'll also say it will work like crap if they will.. Wink

No offense, but that doesn't make any sense. A QFN package is a standard, as long as the pin count is the same the packages are [nearly] identical, even with varying functions and manufacturers. The only difference would be markings on the top of the case of the chip (which do seem to be missing).

That would be like me saying because you got an Amazon box in the mail is [it] must be a copy of The Avengers, because that's what came in my identical Amazon box.
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 10:28:15 PM

No offense, but that doesn't make any sense. A QFN package is a standard, as long as the pin count is the same the packages are [nearly] identical, even with varying functions and manufacturers. The only difference would be markings on the top of the case of the chip (which do seem to be missing).

That would be like me saying because you got an Amazon box in the mail is must be a copy of The Avengers, because that's what came in my identical Amazon box.

The chip beside the ARM one is a BGA. If I had to guess, I'd say it's probably a small FPGA.
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 10:28:28 PM

That would be like me saying because you got an Amazon box in the mail is must be a copy of The Avengers, because that's what came in my identical Amazon box.

I don't want to start argue over this, just note my words if you like or put me on ignore.

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: