Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:34:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The road to the End of Religion: How sex will kill God  (Read 37176 times)
Beliathon (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 04:22:39 PM
Last edit: July 14, 2015, 06:17:24 PM by Beliathon

You act like the Internet will be here forever.

"Thou speakath as though the written word will remain for all time!"

You're wrong that it will die.
Compelling argument there, Socrates.

When I say "die" I don't mean "no believers at all", I mean a very tiny minority will be theists, like the Amish today.

Where is your more accurate recent graph without the silly lines going in opposite directions as the charted ones?
You want a more realistic graph? Here you go, a highly probable case:

And the best-case scenario for comparison:

To reiterate:
Quote from: Beliathon
That's today, 2015. And look what's already happening (in America) as a result:

Sooner or later we're going to bridge the technological gap between wetware (brains) and hardware (computers), and when that day comes you can kiss your religion goodbye forever.

Face it, theists. You've lost.

P.S.
It won't be long before all the poor kids in like China, India, and sub-saharan Africa come online, as those areas have the benefit of leapfrogging the entire landline telecommunications tech evolution. They go from no telecom straight to internet-connected smartphone networks. Those strong Christian trends in Africa will go poof once they do.

You're going to have to come to terms with the fact that within 25 years there will be more athiest Americans than there will be Christians.
Oh, also there will be more hispanics than whites, so deal with that too. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, WASPS.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 06:14:30 PM

You assume because they have PhDs that their arguments are valid.
I assume nothing, I've read the books and many of the works cited as well. You can find a plethora of scientific studies at the end of Sex At Dawn, which can be obtained free in EBOOK format via torrent here.

(Or navigate to the link through TBP if you don't trust me: https://thepiratebay.la/torrent/8389863/Sex_At_Dawn_How_We_Mate__Why_We_Stray_and_What_It_Means_for_Mode)

Ok, so supposedly they exist... and do any of them support your arguments about gender identity? Pick one you believe supports YOUR argument and present it. The fact that you are incapable of this is a very clear indication to me you aren't even familiar with the content that you spout as science based fact.

You are the one making the claim, therefore the burden of proof is upon you. Atheists love saying this to theists. Now lets see if you can actually observe this standard for yourself.
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 06:19:08 PM

You are the one making the claim, therefore the burden of proof is upon you.
I get the distinct impression you still haven't read a single page of Sex at Dawn, even after it has been presented to you for free.

In my quest for knowledge I have read Sex at Dawn, the Holy Bible, the Noble Qur'an, most of the Torah, Ketuvim, and Nevi'im, the Tao Te Ching, and every volume of the Norton Anthology of World Literature. I ask you to read only the first of the six books I listed in the OP, and that's too much?

Where does the intellectual burden truly fall here?

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:23:26 PM

You're wrong that it will die.
Compelling argument there, Socrates.

When I say "die" I don't mean "no believers at all", I mean a very tiny minority will be theists, like the Amish today.

It was a statement, not an argument. I would hope you know the difference.

Where is your more accurate recent graph without the silly lines going in opposite directions as the charted ones?
You want a more realistic graph? Here you go, a highly probable case:

And the best-case scenario for comparison:

To reiterate:
Quote from: Beliathon
That's today, 2015. And look what's already happening (in America) as a result:

Sooner or later we're going to bridge the technological gap between wetware (brains) and hardware (computers), and when that day comes you can kiss your religion goodbye forever.

Still graphs from 2008....? I'm still waiting on the new statistics 7 years later. I'm not even arguing against the belief in God going down, I wouldn't be shocked if it was. But you should at least have recent scientific data to prove your theory.

P.S.
It won't be long before all the poor kids in like China, India, and sub-saharan Africa come online, as those areas have the benefit of leapfrogging the entire landline telecommunications tech evolution. They go from no telecom straight to internet-connected smartphone networks. Those strong Christian trends in Africa will go poof once they do.

You're going to have to come to terms with the fact that within 25 years there will be more athiest Americans than there will be Christians.
Oh, also there will be more hispanics than whites, so deal with that too. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, WASPS.

What do I care if there are more ethnicities alive than whites? My adopted-uncle was hispanic. Most of my bosses have been African American. Diversity is great. So who cares?
ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:35:12 PM

I predict oil will cost 17% more in the late 2030s than 1990s. French fries will cost 4 us dollars in the mid-21st century. Tomatoes will cost 5% less in 2089 than early 2011.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 06:39:48 PM

You are the one making the Ok, so supposedly they exist... and do any of them support your arguments about gender identity? Pick one you believe supports YOUR argument and present it. The fact that you are incapable of this is a very clear indication to me you aren't even familiar with the content that you spout as science based fact.

You are the one making the claim, therefore the burden of proof is upon you. Atheists love saying this to theists. Now lets see if you can actually observe this standard for yourself.
I get the distinct impression you still haven't read a single page of Sex at Dawn, even after it has been presented to you for free.

In my quest for knowledge I have read Sex at Dawn, the Holy Bible, the Noble Qur'an, most of the Torah, Ketuvim, and Nevi'im, the Tao Te Ching, and every volume of the Norton Anthology of World Literature. I ask you to read only the first of the six books I listed in the OP, and that's too much?

Where does the intellectual burden truly fall here?

No I haven't. Sorry but you don't get to dictate to me how best to use my time. Additionally lets say the book does have valid studies... which are in support of your argument? All of them? None of them? You cant just throw a stack of books at some one and claim the entirety to be in support of your argument, that is not how it works.

If the evidence is there, PRESENT IT. I am not going to sift thru 3 tons of horse shit so I can convince myself of your opinion, sorry.

The burden of proof is upon you. Source scientific studies that you believe support your argument, I don't care what book or publication they came from as long as they are scientifically valid. We both know this is impossible though because you are aware your ideology has no scientific backing and your ideology is nothing more than dogma no different than any religion.
ridery99

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:42:15 PM

Best case projection for ice cream price for 2015-2340: +7,2%
dreey

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:42:58 PM

i think is better whitout religion...religion holding you back...
ridery99

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 06:50:45 PM

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:09:46 PM

Why do you continue on like this? I have shown, right in this thread a little, that God not only exists, but that He is controller of everything. In the Why do Atheists hate Religion ? thread I have shown this in irrefutable ways, based on anything that we know today. Links to my best posts in that thread that virtually prove God to exist are https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg11870122#msg11870122 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg11864476#msg11864476 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1054513.msg11869484#msg11869484. And there are many more in that thread. And there is this post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=737322.msg10718395#msg10718395.

Since God is has been virtually proven to exist (although most of His traits haven't been proven), and since He has been shown to exert control of everything right down to the present, the only way anyone can make an accurate determination about any future event is to know the thinking of God. Nobody knows the thinking of God, the way He is going to act in the future. Because of this, nobody knows the future.

The closest we can come to knowing the general future about religion is to look at the past. God has never allowed religion to be destroyed in the past. Religion has always come back stronger than ever. This is the thing that will happen this time as well.

Wake up. You are only making a fool of yourself at best, and destroying yourself at worst.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:15:06 PM

Since God is has been virtually proven to exist (although most of His traits haven't been proven), and since He has been shown to exert control of everything right down to the present, the only way anyone can make an accurate determination about any future event is to know the thinking of God. Nobody knows the thinking of God, the way He is going to act in the future. Because of this, nobody knows the future.

The closest we can come to knowing the general future about religion is to look at the past. God has never allowed religion to be destroyed in the past. Religion has always come back stronger than ever. This is the thing that will happen this time as well.

Wake up. You are only making a fool of yourself at best, and destroying yourself at worst.

Smiley

The bible gives predictions of what will happen. Things that have already been successfully predicted, and other things written will come to be.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 07:35:24 PM

Smiley

The bible gives predictions of what will happen. Things that have already been successfully predicted, and other things written will come to be.

This is true. The Bible predictions come through the Spirit of God enlightening mankind about the future. Mankind attempting to determine the future without God's explicit pronouncements, simply can't tell the future.

The point I was trying to make is to show people who believe in science and observation of the universe, that they can see for a fact that God exists. Will it do any good? I don't know. They won't be saved without getting some of the Word of God into themselves somehow. Perhaps showing them that God exists according to their own science and observation will prompt them to attempt to find out what God is all about.

If Beliathon is the devil, himself, he won't be able to be swayed no matter what he is shown. He will only, ultimately be destroyed. But if he is a human being, as long as he can post with the rationality he seems to have, there is a chance he can be saved.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Beliathon (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 07:41:59 PM

If Beliathon is the devil, himself, he won't be able to be swayed no matter what he is shown.
If this were 500 years ago, this would be about the oart of the discussion when I would see myself out of town, for fear of being burned alive.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 07:52:09 PM

No I haven't. Sorry but you don't get to dictate to me how best to use my time. Additionally lets say the book does have valid studies... which are in support of your argument? All of them? None of them? You cant just throw a stack of books at some one and claim the entirety to be in support of your argument, that is not how it works.

If the evidence is there, PRESENT IT. I am not going to sift thru 3 tons of horse shit so I can convince myself of your opinion, sorry.

The burden of proof is upon you. Source scientific studies that you believe support your argument, I don't care what book or publication they came from as long as they are scientifically valid. We both know this is impossible though because you are aware your ideology has no scientific backing and your ideology is nothing more than dogma no different than any religion.
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:00:41 PM

Smiley

This is true. The Bible predictions come through the Spirit of God enlightening mankind about the future. Mankind attempting to determine the future without God's explicit pronouncements, simply can't tell the future.

The point I was trying to make is to show people who believe in science and observation of the universe, that they can see for a fact that God exists. Will it do any good? I don't know. They won't be saved without getting some of the Word of God into themselves somehow. Perhaps showing them that God exists according to their own science and observation will prompt them to attempt to find out what God is all about.

If Beliathon is the devil, himself, he won't be able to be swayed no matter what he is shown. He will only, ultimately be destroyed. But if he is a human being, as long as he can post with the rationality he seems to have, there is a chance he can be saved.

Smiley

The passages in Revelation are coming to pass. You can read some of the things predicted thousands of years ago, and actually see them happening now. I asked this in my Predictions thread, "... I still think it's remarkable that the bible has predicted so many things thousands of years into the future and we're seeing some of them happen. Think anyone alive back then would have thought there would be a worldwide currency based solely on a mark, thought it all up themselves thousands of years ago? Well obviously you believe that. Because otherwise, it was a prophecy from God."

We also have the prediction in the bible about hell being in an abyss beneath us, in the ground. And that it will be opened. They now have CERN that is underground and working with antimatter. It has the statue of a false idol shiva, the destroyer of worlds, right outside. It's dedicated to a false idol. If they cannot keep this antimatter held, then it is free to freak out upon the earth. Nothing will hold it. What if the power goes out? What if an earthquake breaks CERN open?

Revelation 9:1 Then the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from heaven which had fallen to the earth; and the key of the bottomless pit was given to him. 2He opened the bottomless pit, and smoke went up out of the pit, like the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by the smoke of the pit. 3Then out of the smoke came locusts upon the earth, and power was given them, as the scorpions of the earth have power

Revelation 20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years

More about the opening of the Abyss from the bible

Cern - From a cavern 100 metres below a small Swiss village, the 7000-tonne ATLAS detector is probing for fundamental particles

There are so many people against it running, even Stephen Hawking. CERN To Attempt ‘Big Bang’ In March, Stephen Hawking Issues Warning  (They started working on this, this month, more info on my thread)

"Dr. Stephen Hawking recently warned that the reactivation in March of CERN’s large hadron collider could pose grave dangers to our planet…the ultimate reality check we are warned. Hawking has come straight out and said the ‘God particle’ found by CERN “could destroy the universe” leaving time and space collapsed as shared in the 2nd video."

Top Scientists Issue HUGE ALERT: Everything In Place To Open Gates of Hell This Year-2015.

CERN Watch: Scientists Talk Of 'Wormholes' And Other 'Dimensions' - Will CERN Open The Gates Of Hell?

March 23, 2015: CERN RESTARTS OPENING GATES OF HELL 666

Edit: Those who don't believe, have their hearts hardened... proof will never be proof enough.
ibminer
Legendary

Activity: 1819
Merit: 2792

Goonies never say die.

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 08:13:26 PM

Seriously?..... Your prime example of defending your argument is a book called Sex at Dawn?  A book that picks out random studies and twists them to mislead its readers... a book who's co-author spent his time traveling around banging Bangkok prostitutes?  A book that was rejected by Oxford University Press, a book that has "biased reporting of data, theoretical and evidentiary shortcomings, and problematic assumptions"?

I'd agree with Ryan Ellsworth that this book will project "a distorted portrayal of current theory and evidence on evolved human sexuality" to the general public.

This book is simply an attempt to discredit the standard norms of sex in society. I would also argue its just a lame way for the author to justify his own sex life with himself and his wife and push their lifestyle on others by twisting scientific data to fit their lifestyle and act like everyone is just made this way, but that's just me.

There are more scientific studies to support whatever the fuck you want to push these days. I have faith that people are intelligent enough to realize authors write books these days to sell them, to make money. Controversial books make money. They are not seeking truth or scientific data about a subject, they are seeking whatever scientific "data" and stories they can find to support whatever spin on the subject they want to convey, whether its subconsciously done or not.

Don't accept crap like this book as "fact", its a bunch of hogwash.

http://www.academia.edu/1897201/The_Myth_of_Promiscuity

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:22:33 PM

Smiley

Smiley

The passages in Revelation are coming to pass. You can read some of the things predicted thousands of years ago, and actually see them happening now. I asked this in my Predictions thread, "... I still think it's remarkable that the bible has predicted so many things thousands of years into the future and we're seeing some of them happen. Think anyone alive back then would have thought there would be a worldwide currency based solely on a mark, thought it all up themselves thousands of years ago? Well obviously you believe that. Because otherwise, it was a prophecy from God."

We also have the prediction in the bible about hell being in an abyss beneath us, in the ground. And that it will be opened. They now have CERN that is underground and working with antimatter. It has the statue of a false idol shiva, the destroyer of worlds, right outside. It's dedicated to a false idol. If they cannot keep this antimatter held, then it is free to freak out upon the earth. Nothing will hold it. What if the power goes out? What if an earthquake breaks CERN open?

Revelation 9:1 Then the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star from heaven which had fallen to the earth; and the key of the bottomless pit was given to him. 2He opened the bottomless pit, and smoke went up out of the pit, like the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by the smoke of the pit. 3Then out of the smoke came locusts upon the earth, and power was given them, as the scorpions of the earth have power

Revelation 20:1 Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand. 2And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years

More about the opening of the Abyss from the bible

Cern - From a cavern 100 metres below a small Swiss village, the 7000-tonne ATLAS detector is probing for fundamental particles

There are so many people against it running, even Stephen Hawking. CERN To Attempt ‘Big Bang’ In March, Stephen Hawking Issues Warning  (They started working on this, this month, more info on my thread)

"Dr. Stephen Hawking recently warned that the reactivation in March of CERN’s large hadron collider could pose grave dangers to our planet…the ultimate reality check we are warned. Hawking has come straight out and said the ‘God particle’ found by CERN “could destroy the universe” leaving time and space collapsed as shared in the 2nd video."

Top Scientists Issue HUGE ALERT: Everything In Place To Open Gates of Hell This Year-2015.

CERN Watch: Scientists Talk Of 'Wormholes' And Other 'Dimensions' - Will CERN Open The Gates Of Hell?

March 23, 2015: CERN RESTARTS OPENING GATES OF HELL 666

An interesting thought about the abyss...

The Revelation talks about the devil (dragon) being hurled to the earth. Jesus says in the Gospels that He saw Satan fall from Heaven like lightening. And, we see the devil in the Garden of Eden (although it may only have been his spirit inhabiting a serpent).

The point is, the devil is on earth.

Now, when you read the King James for the word "abyss," it comes up "bottomless pit." In the Revelation it says that an angel threw Satan into the bottomless pit and locked and sealed it over him. What is interesting is that there is a place on earth where a bottomless pit could actually exist. Of course, if this pit has been closed, locked and sealed already, we might not see it. But, there is evidence in history that the pit was at one time not sealed.

Where would this pit be? It would be at the exact center of the earth, with a shaft leading down. Any "room" that existed at the center of the earth would have no bottom because, gravity would pull equally in all directions. There would be a sense of weightlessness. Gravity, being the weakest of the universal forces, would not be felt against the much stronger forces that hold the atoms and molecules together.

If you Google it, you can find multitudes of ideas surrounding a hollow earth theory. You can see old pictures of openings at the pole in places where there are no openings, as confirmed by modern satellites and radar. In other words, the abyss has been locked and sealed.

There is strongly held (held by millions of Christians, though not the popular one) religious idea that the thousand years is figurative for a very long time, that Jesus is the Angel Who cast Satan into the Abyss and sealed it over him when He did His work on the cross, that we are at or near the end of the thousand years right now, that our technology will, somehow be used to bring Satan up from the center-earth abyss (if he isn't up already), and that he will destroy the banking system (Babylon), and destroy every government in the world that will not succumb to his authority. Then Jesus will return.

Smiley

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:22:41 PM

I think as people know more about the world they live in and the science behind how it works, religion is going to continue to wane. It is just going to get harder and harder to convince people that a sky man is secretly controlling the universe. It seems silly to even say it anymore.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
MakingMoneyHoney

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:38:44 PM

An interesting thought about the abyss...

The Revelation talks about the devil (dragon) being hurled to the earth. Jesus says in the Gospels that He saw Satan fall from Heaven like lightening. And, we see the devil in the Garden of Eden (although it may only have been his spirit inhabiting a serpent).

The point is, the devil is on earth.

Now, when you read the King James for the word "abyss," it comes up "bottomless pit." In the Revelation it says that an angel threw Satan into the bottomless pit and locked and sealed it over him. What is interesting is that there is a place on earth where a bottomless pit could actually exist. Of course, if this pit has been closed, locked and sealed already, we might not see it. But, there is evidence in history that the pit was at one time not sealed.

Where would this pit be? It would be at the exact center of the earth, with a shaft leading down. Any "room" that existed at the center of the earth would have no bottom because, gravity would pull equally in all directions. There would be a sense of weightlessness. Gravity, being the weakest of the universal forces, would not be felt against the much stronger forces that hold the atoms and molecules together.

If you Google it, you can find multitudes of ideas surrounding a hollow earth theory. You can see old pictures of openings at the pole in places where there are no openings, as confirmed by modern satellites and radar. In other words, the abyss has been locked and sealed.

There is strongly held (held by millions of Christians, though not the popular one) religious idea that the thousand years is figurative for a very long time, that Jesus is the Angel Who cast Satan into the Abyss and sealed it over him when He did His work on the cross, that we are at or near the end of the thousand years right now, that our technology will, somehow be used to bring Satan up from the center-earth abyss (if he isn't up already), and that he will destroy the banking system (Babylon), and destroy every government in the world that will not succumb to his authority. Then Jesus will return.

Smiley

Yes, I believe the abyss is below us, and I believe that CERN will help in opening it. When you get great minds like Hawking to say this is a very bad idea... it means there's something to the science. Why are they doing it? Why is there a statue of shiva, the god of destruction, guarding it?

Even the atheists should believe that's a weird choice for anyone (even if you don't believe in it, but especially if you do) to put right above something that "could destroy the universe", in Stephen Hawking's own words.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 08:48:09 PM

I think as people know more about the world they live in and the science behind how it works, religion is going to continue to wane. It is just going to get harder and harder to convince people that a sky man is secretly controlling the universe. It seems silly to even say it anymore.

Except, when you combine all that we know about cause and effect, entropy, and universe complexity, there is no other answer except God. This is from scientific observation. God means religion. Not recognizing God, but perverting the science instead, means religion. Either it is a religion of God, or it is a religion of science.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: