Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:57:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Curse/Blessing  (Read 13827 times)
underminer

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 01:50:20 AM

So was the curse.  Have you seen "Year One" ?  You remind me of the greased up fat wizard that Michael Cera had to massage.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
claire

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Capitalism rocks my world.

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 02:45:34 AM

So was the curse.  Have you seen "Year One" ?  You remind me of the greased up fat wizard that Michael Cera had to massage.

You know what they say about things not growing in the shade...

I Love Bitcoin Smiley 1A5jmQcmZamhTeHaEZvtMEpoqrH2SECcxk
Phone Domination 888-221-0319
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:49:36 AM

Actually I don't know that one...? Huh

claire

Capitalism rocks my world.

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 03:58:13 AM

Actually I don't know that one...? Huh

um... big belly, fat wizard, small....

I Love Bitcoin Smiley 1A5jmQcmZamhTeHaEZvtMEpoqrH2SECcxk
Phone Domination 888-221-0319
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 04:08:06 AM

As Tyrion casts his spell, the glowing sphere around the forum flares with a brilliant white light.

A horrible screeching noise erupts from within the forum! Tyrion's spell fizzles out.
Tyrion loses 20 mana.
Tyrion loses 2 credibility.
Tyrion loses an audio input port.
Dank gains 420 guitar XP!

This is not how magic works.

And actually, Dank's "music" production could be another good sign of the curse's power.

No, magic works like this:

Magic is defined as "Causing change in accordance with will using means not normally utilised and not within the understanding of accepted science or technology" - in other words, cool hacks.
(Definition courtesy of Aleister Crowley's "Magick in theory and practice" - which I presume you've read as a serious student of course).

How does your cool hack work?
Tyrion (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 05:11:07 AM

As Tyrion casts his spell, the glowing sphere around the forum flares with a brilliant white light.

A horrible screeching noise erupts from within the forum! Tyrion's spell fizzles out.
Tyrion loses 20 mana.

And actually, Dank's "music" production could be another good sign of the curse's power.

Magic is defined as "Causing change in accordance with will using means not normally utilised and not within the understanding of accepted science or technology" - in other words, cool hacks.
(Definition courtesy of Aleister Crowley's "Magick in theory and practice" - which I presume you've read as a serious student of course).

Referencing Crowley only shows that you have no idea what a "serious student" of magic is. Here's a tip: real power doesn't come from books you can pick up at Barnes and Noble.

As far as what my "cool hack" is: I've rarely encountered a more nonsensical question. You want to shoehorn magic into your banal understanding of the world, but you'll fail to do so every time.

Bah, I'm tired of this. I'll check back in a few days to see if anyone of you have come to your senses, but of course you won't have. Remember, the ransom will increase to 100 BTC next Monday, and then your real troubles will begin.
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 05:14:12 AM

Tired of being told you are a dork?  I don't blame you, it *must* be tiring.  I want 5 bitcoin from you or I will use "the force" on you.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 05:17:50 AM

Usually magic comes back at yourself magnified 10 times. Thats what the last white witch I spoke to said  Tongue

My understanding is it's only 3 times.

http://www.wicca-spirituality.com/three-fold-law.html

The point is it does more damage to the one casting the black magic.

Wicca is nonsense, and this "back at you X10" business is just PC gobbledy gook to disassociate themselves from bad ol' Witches in the public imagination.

I log back in to see if and when you all come to your senses. Also because watching my curse unfold on this forum entertains me to no end. Especially how you all will close your eyes and put fingers in your ears and swear up and down that everything is better than ever, even as the entire bitcoin project begins to crumble around you.

May you live in interesting times.

May you be revealed for the shrill and fraud that you are.

wtf is a "shrill" ?

Gareth Nelson

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:29:26 AM

Tyrion loses 20 mana.

Referencing Crowley only shows that you have no idea what a "serious student" of magic is. Here's a tip: real power doesn't come from books you can pick up at Barnes and Noble.

As far as what my "cool hack" is: I've rarely encountered a more nonsensical question. You want to shoehorn magic into your banal understanding of the world, but you'll fail to do so every time.

Bah, I'm tired of this. I'll check back in a few days to see if anyone of you have come to your senses, but of course you won't have. Remember, the ransom will increase to 100 BTC next Monday, and then your real troubles will begin.

Yes, any book that is sold on the mass market is automatically of no use whatsoever.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 07:32:54 AM

Usually magic comes back at yourself magnified 10 times. Thats what the last white witch I spoke to said  Tongue

Wicca is nonsense, and this "back at you X10" business is just PC gobbledy gook to disassociate themselves from bad ol' Witches in the public imagination.

I log back in to see if and when you all come to your senses. Also because watching my curse unfold on this forum entertains me to no end. Especially how you all will close your eyes and put fingers in your ears and swear up and down that everything is better than ever, even as the entire bitcoin project begins to crumble around you.

wtf is a "shrill" ?

Shrill (noun)
A shrill sound or cry
btcANGEL

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2012, 08:07:06 AM

Correct! Real power comes from books you can pick up on the Silk Road.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
pyramining

Activity: 501

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 08:19:15 AM

This thread makes me laugh a lot. However it's really sad for him to do things (in his belief) that "harm" people and threat for money. What a useless person.

However if we want to play his game, since he is one vs all, can't just we team up and use all our (power, force, energy, mind, concentration, whatever) to provoke him a 24h/24 diarrhea?
Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 11:12:54 PM

wtf is a "shrill" ?

maybe he meant "shill" as in a person planted in the crowd to provide veracity and authenticity to the claims made by a carny or "cure-all tonic" salesman.

underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 11:25:38 PM

Maybe we could use this as an example to get him categorized as a scammer?  This is in effect, a scam.  Whether or not anybody is falling for it (looks like nobody is) doesn't make it any less of one...

firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 01:07:55 AM

Maybe we could use this as an example to get him categorized as a scammer?  This is in effect, a scam.  Whether or not anybody is falling for it (looks like nobody is) doesn't make it any less of one...

Probably, but what would be the point, it's obviously a  troll/throwaway account.

Hasimir

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 06:42:23 AM

I wouldn't call it a scam, I'd call it extortion.  Albeit extortion with nothing to back it up.

Tyrion is just scum.

OpenPGP/GPG key: 0x321E4E2373590E5D  I provide GPG Training services
IRC nick: Hasimir (Freenode and elsewhere)
BTC address: 19hiwsQq7xMAEyQMdiyGjkMGNmpN6GA5wL
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 12:33:05 PM

This stuff only has power if you let it. Australian Aboriginals for example have a thing called "pointing the bone" which will kill people in their tribe who they put the "hex" on but to any outside person has no effect whatsoever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurdaitcha  fascinating stuff.

Coming to a board filled with people who believe in mathematics and science and thinking they can be affected by magic spirits is the most retarded thing ever.

BitcoinCoffee.com

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2012, 07:23:01 PM

Coming to a board filled with people who believe in mathematics and science and thinking they can be affected by magic spirits is the most retarded thing ever.

This quote above me is the only thing that needs to be said in this thread. All else is redundant, including my response.

Tyrion (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 09:43:34 PM

The effects of the curse are now more obvious than ever. I will remove it for 200 BTC. If you have "purchased" from BFL, you may very well wish to contribute to ensuring that their products come through.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 08, 2013, 11:48:48 PM

Why don't you just curse our bits to flow into your wallet and call it a day?  What's the forum got to do--

Oh.  Right.   Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: