Bitcoin Forum
July 12, 2024, 08:20:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Curse/Blessing  (Read 13836 times)
Gareth Nelson

Activity: 721
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 03:52:42 AM

If you actually knew anything about magic/witchcraft you would realize that asking me to reveal my method and ritual would be the height of foolishness. Of course, if you were able to practice it yourself you would be able to find out on your own.

But yes, please, continue your posturing and joking even as the bitcoin world begins to crumble around you. You will realize the truth eventually, but by then it may be too late.

Your use of the term "witchcraft" leads me to believe you fall into one of the wiccan, self-styled nutter or troll camps.

De sonf p ciaofi chiso im-va-mar on adohi, a-ai-om orsba nor-malap ozazm brin busd

Micma ge-iad micalzo bitcoin!
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 04:50:26 AM

Your use of the term "witchcraft" leads me to believe you fall into one of the wiccan, self-styled nutter or troll camps.

This implies that anyone believing in "other" types of magic are not also nutters or trolls.  Or am I reading that wrong? 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 12:40:28 PM

This implies that anyone believing in "other" types of magic are not also nutters or trolls.  Or am I reading that wrong? 

Emphasis on "self-styled nutter" - someone who makes up their own random stuff - people who follow other magical traditions and approach it seriously still quite often turn out to be nuts, but not as nuts as someone who invents their own mish-mash of different styles.

In fact, in some cases the self-styled types can be downright dangerous - the idiots who sacrifice animals would come into this category for example.
lovendahl

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 12:59:12 PM

I have spent the last hour consorting with dark spirits giving them such offerings as they desire and gaining their service. Now the ritual is complete and this forum is cursed.

How do you know it is this forum you cursed?  Im not saying you are doing it wrong or anything.. im just wondering about how you do it..
I mean, do you use the IP adress written in blod on a dead sheep ? or is it ok to just say the name of the forum really loud ?

Facinating stuff this foolcraft.. ups. sorry witchcraft.
fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 01:10:11 PM

Well, the markets seem to be crashing. WITCHCRAFT I TELL YOU!
Gareth Nelson

View Profile
September 26, 2012, 01:11:10 PM

Translation of the enochian I posted earlier, for the curious and bored:
Your reign of  terror shall apply in your kingdom. Amongst us, drunken sons of men make me have glory.

Behold lord mighty BITCOIN!
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2012, 01:59:20 PM

Emphasis on "self-styled nutter" - someone who makes up their own random stuff - people who follow other magical traditions and approach it seriously still quite often turn out to be nuts, but not as nuts as someone who invents their own mish-mash of different styles.

In fact, in some cases the self-styled types can be downright dangerous - the idiots who sacrifice animals would come into this category for example.

Ah fair enough!

What's funny is this guy thinks he's cursing the forums... but these forums were cursed long before he ever came on the scene.  And by one of the most powerful magiks ever: Greed and Stupidity.

Bullshit "religions" and fake magic can't hold a candle to the real deal.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Tyrion (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 12:26:14 AM

I will point out that things continue to get worse for the bitcoin world. You have two and a half more days to pay me my bounty of 15 BTC. After Monday it will increase to 20.

I have received a donation, but since the giver stated that he wished for the curse's power to increase, I cannot count it toward the curse removal fee. Any others who wish to show appreciation for the curse are certainly welcome to donate as well. Just clearly indicate whether the BTC are in appreciation of the curse or for its removal so that I know where things stand.
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 05:33:18 AM

There's a practicing wiccan witch that lives down the street from my parents. Her name's Priscilla (of course). She wanders the streets in her black robe chanting and shit. When we moved in 8 years ago, she came over and told us not to cut down this old, dead try in our front lawn, or she'd have to curse our family (including house, dogs, cars, etc.). To this day, I don't know why she called it her "Tree of Life" when the tree was, in fact, dead.

The next spring, her tree got struck by lightning, and she walked up our driveway just as my dad was chainsawing it into firewood. Hilarious.

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU! jk

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 10:39:30 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2012, 09:52:50 AM by b!z

New offer: if I don't receive a donation of 10 BTC by noon US mountain time on Monday the 24th, I will call upon the dark powers and curse this forum.

Likely results of a curse:

increase in number of bugs and crashes.

greater governmental surveillance.

hackers.

deletion of important user information.

Possible results:

health problems for forum staff and users.

Bad luck for the same.

Server crash and massive information loss.

Please donate BTC to address in my signature.

Well, with the GLBSE shitstorm, and apparent SEC pirate investigation, I suppose we're on our way to feeling the effects of this curse.

But...I'm not convinced. Server crashes would be cool. Health problems would be super convincing, but I can't say I'd like to see that. Maybe they could have their personal websites vandalized or something more harmless like that. Smiley

If I see more evidence, then perhaps we can talk about a money blessing. I know of some 500k BTC that are in limbo, that some people would really like to get back. Is that too big a job for you? (for some reason, I don't have much money to spend on such a blessing, but I could pay you in pirate debt Wink )

I completely agree with you.
MaxSan

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 10:59:50 AM

This thread is brilliant. To be honest everything in this thread is a vast improvement to the entire rest of the board.

Thanks.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 11:46:49 AM

This thread is brilliant. To be honest everything in this thread is a vast improvement to the entire rest of the board.

Thanks.

You shouldn't thank witches; it's bad luck.
Tyrion (OP)

View Profile
October 01, 2012, 10:21:19 PM

Another deadline has passed, and things are growing dark indeed in the Bitcoin world.

Here are some things that have happened:

A prominent senior forums member was robbed of 8000 BTC. Who knows who will be next

Fujitsu Laboratories has "cracked a next-generation cryptography standard known as pairing-based cryptography" which spells spell big trouble for Bitcoin down the road

The SEC has begun investigating Pirate's venture (and probably many other related pass throughs and similar  HYIPs, if not every single person using bitcoins that they can find). This will certainly mean the loss of all invested moneys in Pirates venture, as well as a multitude of probable legal ramifications.

The Bitcoin Foundation has begun to enact greater centralization and control of BTC.

This is the tip of the iceberg, who knows what else is happening behind the scenes and things will only get worse from here on out. I have also been paid to increase the power of the curse, which I have done.

I will now reverse the curse for 20BTC.
btcANGEL

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2012, 11:58:23 PM

As Tyrion casts his spell, the glowing sphere around the forum flares with a brilliant white light.

A horrible screeching noise erupts from within the forum! Tyrion's spell fizzles out.
Tyrion loses 20 mana.
Tyrion loses 2 credibility.
Tyrion loses an audio input port.
Dank gains 420 guitar XP!

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
Tyrion (OP)

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 12:13:21 AM

As Tyrion casts his spell, the glowing sphere around the forum flares with a brilliant white light.

A horrible screeching noise erupts from within the forum! Tyrion's spell fizzles out.
Tyrion loses 20 mana.

This is not how magic works.

And actually, Dank's "music" production could be another good sign of the curse's power.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 12:19:40 AM

But how do we know she's a witch??

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 01:30:13 AM

Tyrion, do you have a wart on you by any chance?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
btcANGEL

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2012, 02:12:36 AM

Because angel feathers are floatier than duck feathers, therefore I am not made of wood. Or alpaca.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
fgervais

View Profile
October 02, 2012, 11:25:54 PM

Tyrion loses 20 mana.

This is not how magic works.

And actually, Dank's "music" production could be another good sign of the curse's power.

Hasimir

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2012, 11:46:21 AM

Fujitsu Laboratories has "cracked a next-generation cryptography standard known as pairing-based cryptography" which spells spell big trouble for Bitcoin down the road

That was announced about 3 months before your first post in this thread.  Does that mean your curse is able to work retroactively through time?

The Bitcoin Foundation has begun to enact greater centralization and control of BTC.

You do understand the difference between the foundation and the definition of a protocol, right?  Not to mention that the Foundation would need some way to commandeer the protocol and all implementations of it in order to make the entire network centralised.

Here, I'll use my gift of prophecy and pronounce that that just ain't gonna happen.

This is the tip of the iceberg, who knows what else is happening behind the scenes and things will only get worse from here on out. I have also been paid to increase the power of the curse, which I have done.

I will now reverse the curse for 20BTC.

You really should have made two addresses; a pro-curse address and an anti-curse address.  Just like the Romney tax return blackmailers did.

OpenPGP/GPG key: 0x321E4E2373590E5D  I provide GPG Training services
IRC nick: Hasimir (Freenode and elsewhere)
BTC address: 19hiwsQq7xMAEyQMdiyGjkMGNmpN6GA5wL
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: