Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:43:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can bitcoin really save Greece?  (Read 10368 times)
CPNpr

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 01:49:46 AM

They can use their money to buy bitcoin which will save them

Not sure if they have lot of money left but if they more and more going to support BTC the acceptance will raise and may better option for them as €.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 07:55:18 AM

if their bank now removed the lock on the 60 euro they can, in the case the same thing will repeat, but they have now the money from the central bank, so i don't think they will care about bitcoin anymore

if they still have their 60 euro limit, they can buy some if they are not in big trouble and don't have family or whatsoever
Borisz

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 11:12:07 AM

if their bank now removed the lock on the 60 euro they can, in the case the same thing will repeat, but they have now the money from the central bank, so i don't think they will care about bitcoin anymore

if they still have their 60 euro limit, they can buy some if they are not in big trouble and don't have family or whatsoever

Wasn't the 60€ limit only for cash withdrawals? Transfer within the country was supposedly OK with international transfers denied.

If they remain in the Euro zone, they won't bother with Bitcoin. Until thy use the same currency as the rest of the EU and they have cash, they should be OK.
mattiadeabtc

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 01:36:48 PM

Yes, you can use your money to buy bitcoins, but after? if the work is inesistnte you don't have access to new money, it's like a dog chasing its tail

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 03:10:50 PM

Wasn't the 60€ limit only for cash withdrawals? Transfer within the country was supposedly OK with international transfers denied.

If they remain in the Euro zone, they won't bother with Bitcoin. Until thy use the same currency as the rest of the EU and they have cash, they should be OK.

The point with Bitcoin is using it yourself as an individual to be safe against bailouts. Yes, if they stay in the EUR they'll have disposable cash, but you never know when the next danger zone will pop, and it's going to be pretty soon judging by what Tsipras has approved. If you are Greek and you are storing all of your wealth you are either clueless or nuts.
pigzone

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:40:03 PM

Ya they don't have anything they can really do bitcoin I s yhe only option
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 08:30:50 AM

We conclude that bitcoin can save the greeks money, but it can't save Greece. Greece still can't pay its debt even they have adopted bitcoin, but with bitcoin, the greeks dont need to worry about their money if the crisis in their country is happened.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 01:49:28 PM

Bitcoin can only become a safe haven for a few peeps that keep their savings in it, as long as the price isn't too volatile or on a downtrend but only if Greece creates its own digital currency there is pure hope and vision for a brighter future for Greece..Too many whales form outside now own and have accumulated Bitcoin so it could have an adverse effect on the Greek economy at large.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
bitrev

Activity: 335

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 12:39:59 AM

Greece is no different then the average african counties. Not only Greece, but most of south europe. North Europe kept Greece in the EU, but give it 2 years then another South European crisis will start.

Luckily North Europe don't have unlimited funds, eventually a country is force to step out and the euro will be for countries who think alike.

England don't really have a choice. The US abandoned them already, an alliance which governs europe will come and in my believe, it will be with 10 countries of the most. The rest can have the euro but with minor influence.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 06:58:29 AM

Greece is no different then the average african counties. Not only Greece, but most of south europe.
But Greece is the worst in Europe, otherwise Africa countries always have problems with revolution, rebel, coup d'etat, etc. But Greece is surrounded by peaceful European country, which don't have serious problem in their governments.

England don't really have a choice. The US abandoned them already, an alliance which governs europe will come and in my believe, it will be with 10 countries of the most. The rest can have the euro but with minor influence.
England never had a solution and doesn't too care with problem crisis, the key role countries in this problem are only Germany and France imo.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 02:06:09 PM

Greece is no different then the average african counties. Not only Greece, but most of south europe. North Europe kept Greece in the EU, but give it 2 years then another South European crisis will start.

Luckily North Europe don't have unlimited funds, eventually a country is force to step out and the euro will be for countries who think alike.

I don't see North Europe's power diminishing any time soon. They got some of the bets industries in the world and some pits of oil heaven like Norway pumping out constant wealth.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:42:40 AM

It is time where we unpeg bitcoin/crypto currencies from the internet for micro payments, for purchasing like bread, meat etc.

A device, with red light, blue light and green light

Red light(unpegged) - for soda,bread, meat etc..the store BTC device confirms ( 1 confirmation)

Blue light(unpegged) - the store device is connected to other store device but not connected to the internet ( more confirmations)

Green light (connected to internet) - for big purchases like buying a car, equipments etc.

Physical coins can be verified too through a scanning mechanism like barcode scanner

Unpegged devices from time to time shoud be updated through the internet so it can recognize newly mined coins

There  should be a blockchain hash verification system (just like torrents) for a certain update date.

Brangdon

Activity: 365
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 01:43:55 PM

They could start a new crypto-currency.

Starting their own crypto-currency that based on nothing? BTC itself needs years before it is established like this and greece need a quick solution for their problem which means BTC will be the answer if only they could purchase it . Starting their own crypto-currency will be the same as starting their own FIAT money in the digital form because the goverment could "abuse" it and BTC which is already has all the feature of decentralization could be the answer for it rather than starting something which is still unsure of
They could start a new decentralised currency. People would trust it because it is decentralised and the government couldn't abuse it, any more than they could abuse Bitcoin. The reason it needs to be a new currency is that the government can't afford to buy BTC, or any other currency for that matter.

The government would declare that they'd accept it for paying taxes, and that it was legal tender for payment of court-ordered debts, and that would give people incentive to use it. They might also order bank's holdings currently denominated in euro to be converted to the new currency. Basically all the stuff they'd do if they left the Euro and switched to drachma. Bitcoin's slow growth is a bad analogy because Bitcoin was never sponsored by a government in this way.

Bitcoin: 1BrangfWu2YGJ8W6xNM7u66K4YNj2mie3t Nxt: NXT-XZQ9-GRW7-7STD-ES4DB
pureelite

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:02:08 AM

There are serious capital controls implemented in Greece right now:

You can only withdraw €60 from your bank account in one day, and no overseas transfers.
That's insane!

If they'd switch to btc - then there would be no problems with protecting their savings.
I mean, blockchain can't just close and say 'oh no, we aren't working today - come tomorrow' like banks in Greece currently do.

think Bitcoin can not save Greece, Greece fell into a very big crisis, that is, Greece is in crisis for years, trying to get out of this crisis more years, but obviously there is something that hinders them, and instead of reducing the debts they they keep increasing.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 12:08:49 AM

umm, you gotta be more realistic here lol.

the whole country cant go buy bitcoin, if thats what youre referring to, but individuals in greece can to save their money value trading back to us dollars if they have a friend in the states.
lissandra

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 02:26:51 AM

There are serious capital controls implemented in Greece right now:

You can only withdraw €60 from your bank account in one day, and no overseas transfers.
That's insane!

If they'd switch to btc - then there would be no problems with protecting their savings.
I mean, blockchain can't just close and say 'oh no, we aren't working today - come tomorrow' like banks in Greece currently do.

think Bitcoin can not save Greece, Greece fell into a very big crisis, that is, Greece is in crisis for years, trying to get out of this crisis more years, but obviously there is something that hinders them, and instead of reducing the debts they they keep increasing.

The only way to save greece is if the US came in, and starts to do business with them.

Either doing more tourism or just the fact that theres other partnerships of business is formed that makes other countries to use greece as a pact.

BitcoinMagician

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:56:21 AM

If bitcoin were more widely adopted, I would say yes, that it could save Greece... but at the moment, I don't think that it could save it. Maybe some people in Greece that owned bitcoin got lucky, due to the circumstances, but I don't think that it's the solution.
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 05:58:25 AM

Nah,  according to my opinion Bitcoin cannot save Greece and it's people.
I think that they probably won't even know about Bitcoin.
CPNpr

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:51:26 AM

Nah,  according to my opinion Bitcoin cannot save Greece and it's people.

You are right. To difficult and I am sure less than 1% of the Greeks know how to handle it.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:18:49 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 10:09:10 AM by Amph

Nah,  according to my opinion Bitcoin cannot save Greece and it's people.

they know about it otherwise why they have installed an atm there for bitcoin? this mean that a good % know about it, but the problem is that they have bigger issues to deal with at this moment, then investing in something with an uncertain future

when you are at risk, you don't take another risk to resolve the first one...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: