Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:51:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Bitcoin Ruin Your Life, Or Help Your Life?  (Read 21399 times)
Yoga4 (OP)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:48:41 AM

Bitcoin has become an obsession for many people. Whether its investing, selling, gambling, or making purchases with it, Bitcoin has certainly become this trend that is much larger than it was years ago. Personally, Bitcoin has been a rollercoaster for me. There are times where I am up 9k in profit, only to be scammed by a professional for 6k. In other words, sometimes I am on top of the world thinking Bitcoin is going to make me an insane amount of profit, only to be let down feeling like I am going to lose every single dime I have because I am putting way too much hope in Bitcoin. At this very moment, I am in the process of disbanding my business accounts, and filing a certificate of disclosure. This isn't to say I have lost hope in Bitcoin, I just simply think there are too many faults that still exist with it. Even with a professionally typed paid FinCEN policy reviewed by 3 companies, scammers have still found a way to literally go above and beyond to steal money. I was involved with trading and selling, and its just got to a point where the risks were not worth the reward. I hope many of you have had more success than I! I've tried out some small gambling techniques as well, and of course that was a major failure. BTCJAM was great until multiple users defaulted on their loans. Then I tried one of the most recommended cloud mining services only to find out it was a ponzi scam and lost out on more coin from them. My last resort was to add a bitcoin faucet to my website, but there are just far too many to compete with, and the advertisement costs to draw attention were just to much for it to be worth it. I could have had the opportunity to retrieve about $2,000 from some scammers, but for me to hire a lawyer, travel to another state for a court date, it becomes too expensive and not worth it in some cases where you are scammed.

My best advice for anyone seriously getting involved with Bitcoin is the key word "money management". You might get to a point where your operation with whatever it is could be rolling in some serious money. Don't get greedy! Thats what I did. Never put in more money that your comfortable losing. If you are happy to invest $1,000 knowing it could be gone, then set that limit until you are comfortable risking a little more. For me personally, I was rewarded very fast with Bitcoin in the beginning. Then I started to purchase more, do bigger volumes of trades, and then boom, you wake up one day and your profits and bitcoin is gone from a hacker/scammer. Every person is different, every one also takes different risks and assessments when it comes to Bitcoin. All in all, has bitcoin ruined your life, or has it made your life better?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:03:40 AM

Ruined or helped?   Helped

I used MtGox but withdrew my funds months before the site started to experience problems.  Stayed away from obvious scams like PireateAt40.  Was a lucky BFL customer and got to use some Jalapenos before they became worthless.  Lost a bit in gambling.  Made some money investing at Just-Dice.  Sold out some coins far too early, sold some right at $1000 peak. 

I'm reluctant to trust any business with my bitcoins simply because it appears far too easy for them to say 'oops, hax, LOL!' and disappear with the funds.
dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 05:03:50 AM

Don't get greedy! Thats what I did. Never put in more money that your comfortable losing. If you are happy to invest $1,000 knowing it could be gone, then set that limit until you are comfortable risking a little more.All in all, has bitcoin ruined your life, or has it made your life better?
You have a solution for your loss in your answers itself. However,

“A teachable spirit and a humbleness to admit your ignorance or your mistake will save you a lot of pain. However, if you're a person who knows it all, then you've got a lot of heavy-hearted experiences coming your way.” ― Ron Carpenter Jr.,

“Many times what we perceive as an error or failure is actually a gift. And eventually we find that lessons learned from that discouraging experience prove to be of great worth.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich.,

Has bitcoin ruined your life ? (The answer is No)

Has it made your life better ? (The answer is that I am still in the process of learning)

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 07:16:04 AM

of course it helped me a lot, and not only economically, but it helped me to learn, how corrupt is the whole fiat system, and how it should be removed altogether and replaced with a decentralized system like bitcoin

also it helped me understand about cryptographic in general, i wasn't too much into it before bitcoin
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

/dev/null

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 07:38:47 AM

ahh, even I lost a lot in last years, I still have to say helped.

I start being interested in linux, start learning everything from scratch and now managing hundreds of linux servers:) anyway, I lost money with gox, bfl, blackarrow in last years, on other hand I sold lot of bitcoins at 980, when I bought them at 60.

definitely, I'm happy, that bitcoin is here..Smiley
RappelzReborn

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 08:21:39 AM

Nothing for the moment
I mean I wasen't hear on the MtGox thing , or the ~1200$ pump , and since I'am just a teenager who don't really need money , I'am buying now and holding few years and we will see what happens , but most likely it will be "Helped" if price rise with the halving block reward and if bitcoin dies before dies then it will be "waste of time" instead of "ruin your life" instead for me Grin

Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 09:51:06 AM

Bitcoin helped me out, especially for economic and financial, I learn more about economics, currency, crypto, and about technology.

I'm just freelancer and if I don't have a jobs to do, I work for bitcoin.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 10:07:39 AM

It definitely helped me learn a lot of new things which otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to learn, such as linux, gpg etc. I wish I had known about bitcoin when it was really cheap and then it would have helped me financially and the sad part is I was active on internet then but somehow didn't hear about it.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:19:03 PM

I wouldn't say I know how it feels but I can understand your pain and I empathize with you. I have had similar setbacks with bitcoin but really, really profitable deals too. I have been trading bitcoins from 2 years and I have never let any other company fuck around my bitcoins, they have always stayed safe inside my wallet with my love and attention. Faucets have always been shitty and I have tried gambling twice, lost huge twice. Since then, I only trade and manage my finances.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:27:43 PM

I would say it has helped me a lot. It has opened my eyes to alot i just wasn't interested in before.
Not just with btc but all money markets i have become interested in now.

I once lost about $8 in btc to a blockchain wallet hack and ever since then i just wanted to learne more about security of bitcoins.
I even purchased a Mycelium entropy usb just so i could have 100% safe paper wallets and also print some for friends and try get them into it.
Its been a great rollercoaster over the last 1 to 2  yeas i have been into btc and i've loved it.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2015, 12:47:37 PM

as i didn't came to know about this digital currency in it's early stages, so i think it ruined my life. LOL.  Grin

RoughLyfe

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 12:54:59 PM

I'd say perfected my life.  Grin
Coinbanker

Activity: 154

bitcoin supporter

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:45:18 PM

it helped me, it will help my future too, because i found it like quite useful tool rather than investment.

Donate: 167TvxJb6zSeyd5C921r5CR9Ht91ioZdQM
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 01:47:41 PM

I wont complain, i got to mine a little in mid 2013 and i still have some, i did managed to get a good cash out on the 2013 spike to make my family life better but i do find my self more in the computer now then back in 2013 looking for new investment opportunities based on bitcoin.
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 02:51:36 PM

I guess there are no people around here saying that bitcoin ruin their life, all of them must be helped with this, plus with bitcoin we can learn many things and it can be knowledge for us too. And my answer here is bitcoin really help me until now, it never dissapointed me at once, except about the gambling things  Grin
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 02:54:40 PM

I have learned a lot, but it hasn't ruined or helped my life in any way...yet.

BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:24:08 PM

I have learned a lot, but it hasn't ruined or helped my life in any way...yet.

If you learned a lot from bitcoin that means it really help you with some knowledge, although it is not much but actually it help a little bit, change you perspective about something, and you can start open your eyes about all things that is happening now
Scamc0p

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 03:27:57 PM

Perfected a Roughlyfe  Cheesy
It is a miracle money  Shocked lol
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:13:43 PM

I wouldn't say I know how it feels but I can understand your pain and I empathize with you. I have had similar setbacks with bitcoin but really, really profitable deals too. I have been trading bitcoins from 2 years and I have never let any other company fuck around my bitcoins, they have always stayed safe inside my wallet with my love and attention. Faucets have always been shitty and I have tried gambling twice, lost huge twice. Since then, I only trade and manage my finances.

Faucets currently are a total waste of time. They take up too many resources and don't earn me as much, atleast that is the case for me, might be different with others. I have had losses in bitcoin also but to the grace of god, I have sprung up with twice better results and my investments have always benefit me. I am happy with my decisions, and positive about the future of bitcoin!
RoughLyfe

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 02, 2015, 04:24:38 PM

Perfected a Roughlyfe  Cheesy
It is a miracle money  Shocked lol
Grin well I can't think of a new name so thats my name until I think of something better
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: