Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:21:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Bitcoin Ruin Your Life, Or Help Your Life?  (Read 21399 times)
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:38:44 PM

Yes, Bitcoin is my retirement plan, but not the only one Wink I have used btc to invest in stock too, and my plan is to keep it in the wallet till it grows out and the price raise 'to the moon'. They say that sky is the limit but why should I stop if there are foot prints on the moon? Tongue I have faith in my investments and my decisions and hope everything turns out good for all of us Smiley

If you have free time, I think you need to do trading your bitcoin to get higher profit than keep it in wallet. You can read the strategy of trading in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1058393.0  Wink  Anyway good luck on your plan.

Yes its true trading can earn you a lot of profit too and dont forget about altcoin too, some people say that using mining altcoin is a great way to earn your bitcoin too if you pick a right choice Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 03:59:20 PM

It is hard to talk about bitcoin as it has only 1 [good] and 0 [negative] influence on our lives. It is not that simple. Bitcoin on its own is great new achievement and invention which can potentially change world and money. How it can be bad? It is people who became corrupted by it, the same as people are corrupted by greed, it has nothing to do with bitcoin or gold or FIAT. In short Bitcoin is good - people are bad.
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 05:28:40 PM

Nothing help me better than bitcoin.
Because of bitcoin, I can purchase other things with global shipping even treat my friend. Ofcourse it also help me to transfer some amount to other country.

Honestly, it also ruined me a bit since I knew gambling lesson because of bitcoin and this forum  Embarrassed
harlenadler

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

Agent of Chaos

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 09:23:36 PM

Personally, it has given me something of interest to look at and study, and I can trade in it t make some money on the side. It hasn't ruined me, so I'm happy with it Smiley
pumawolf

Activity: 968

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:07:51 AM

i learned more about life thr btc than any school. u get to see the nature of humans, the good and the bad.  get to learn how money and corruption works. u get to see how brainwash the mainstream truly is.  learn how to invest better.  the diversity  in the btc community  , u dont get that anywhere else ,we see more different shit,we learn more shit.  amen to bitcoin
scarsbergholden

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 03:04:47 AM

i learned more about life thr btc than any school. u get to see the nature of humans, the good and the bad.  get to learn how money and corruption works. u get to see how brainwash the mainstream truly is.  learn how to invest better.  the diversity  in the btc community  , u dont get that anywhere else ,we see more different shit,we learn more shit.  amen to bitcoin

really nice to see people that have been touch by the bitcoin movement, bitcoin is now a culture that brings just a little bit of everything, from really tech savvy details, ideals, investments, project development and a all around the world community together to see bitcoin become stronger.

Zorrocoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:03:00 AM

Bitcoin has become an obsession for many people. Whether its investing, selling, gambling, or making purchases with it, Bitcoin has certainly become this trend that is much larger than it was years ago. Personally, Bitcoin has been a rollercoaster for me. There are times where I am up 9k in profit, only to be scammed by a professional for 6k. In other words, sometimes I am on top of the world thinking Bitcoin is going to make me an insane amount of profit, only to be let down feeling like I am going to lose every single dime I have because I am putting way too much hope in Bitcoin. At this very moment, I am in the process of disbanding my business accounts, and filing a certificate of disclosure. This isn't to say I have lost hope in Bitcoin, I just simply think there are too many faults that still exist with it. Even with a professionally typed paid FinCEN policy reviewed by 3 companies, scammers have still found a way to literally go above and beyond to steal money. I was involved with trading and selling, and its just got to a point where the risks were not worth the reward. I hope many of you have had more success than I! I've tried out some small gambling techniques as well, and of course that was a major failure. BTCJAM was great until multiple users defaulted on their loans. Then I tried one of the most recommended cloud mining services only to find out it was a ponzi scam and lost out on more coin from them. My last resort was to add a bitcoin faucet to my website, but there are just far too many to compete with, and the advertisement costs to draw attention were just to much for it to be worth it. I could have had the opportunity to retrieve about $2,000 from some scammers, but for me to hire a lawyer, travel to another state for a court date, it becomes too expensive and not worth it in some cases where you are scammed.

My best advice for anyone seriously getting involved with Bitcoin is the key word "money management". You might get to a point where your operation with whatever it is could be rolling in some serious money. Don't get greedy! Thats what I did. Never put in more money that your comfortable losing. If you are happy to invest $1,000 knowing it could be gone, then set that limit until you are comfortable risking a little more. For me personally, I was rewarded very fast with Bitcoin in the beginning. Then I started to purchase more, do bigger volumes of trades, and then boom, you wake up one day and your profits and bitcoin is gone from a hacker/scammer. Every person is different, every one also takes different risks and assessments when it comes to Bitcoin. All in all, has bitcoin ruined your life, or has it made your life better?

I can't say 'been there, done that' but I feel  you, bro. Shit happens. My condolences. I would say that Bitcoin has helped me learn a lot of things about currency, finance, economics that I wouldn't even bother to understand. I wish I had known about it earlier too.

Mehek

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:52:19 AM

Bitcoin has become an obsession for many people. Whether its investing, selling, gambling, or making purchases with it, Bitcoin has certainly become this trend that is much larger than it was years ago. Personally, Bitcoin has been a rollercoaster for me. There are times where I am up 9k in profit, only to be scammed by a professional for 6k. In other words, sometimes I am on top of the world thinking Bitcoin is going to make me an insane amount of profit, only to be let down feeling like I am going to lose every single dime I have because I am putting way too much hope in Bitcoin. At this very moment, I am in the process of disbanding my business accounts, and filing a certificate of disclosure. This isn't to say I have lost hope in Bitcoin, I just simply think there are too many faults that still exist with it. Even with a professionally typed paid FinCEN policy reviewed by 3 companies, scammers have still found a way to literally go above and beyond to steal money. I was involved with trading and selling, and its just got to a point where the risks were not worth the reward. I hope many of you have had more success than I! I've tried out some small gambling techniques as well, and of course that was a major failure. BTCJAM was great until multiple users defaulted on their loans. Then I tried one of the most recommended cloud mining services only to find out it was a ponzi scam and lost out on more coin from them. My last resort was to add a bitcoin faucet to my website, but there are just far too many to compete with, and the advertisement costs to draw attention were just to much for it to be worth it. I could have had the opportunity to retrieve about $2,000 from some scammers, but for me to hire a lawyer, travel to another state for a court date, it becomes too expensive and not worth it in some cases where you are scammed.

My best advice for anyone seriously getting involved with Bitcoin is the key word "money management". You might get to a point where your operation with whatever it is could be rolling in some serious money. Don't get greedy! Thats what I did. Never put in more money that your comfortable losing. If you are happy to invest $1,000 knowing it could be gone, then set that limit until you are comfortable risking a little more. For me personally, I was rewarded very fast with Bitcoin in the beginning. Then I started to purchase more, do bigger volumes of trades, and then boom, you wake up one day and your profits and bitcoin is gone from a hacker/scammer. Every person is different, every one also takes different risks and assessments when it comes to Bitcoin. All in all, has bitcoin ruined your life, or has it made your life better?

This has happened with many people. They have been at their best and also at their worst with bitcoin . I'm sorry you had to go through that. But as much as bitcoin ruins you , it also  helps you twice more than your ruins. Personally it has helped me learn a lot of things about economics and finance that I never know . So it has definitely made my life better.

HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:14:46 AM

I can't say 'been there, done that' but I feel  you, bro. Shit happens. My condolences. I would say that Bitcoin has helped me learn a lot of things about currency, finance, economics that I wouldn't even bother to understand. I wish I had known about it earlier too.

Bitcoin can be a wonderful thing if you pursue it wonderfully, it would be really terrible if you keep self doubting bitcoins as well yourself and your own decisions. I've been in that negative place and it has ruined a lot of things for me personally. It makes you feel very terrible and low and you don't want that. Have some confidence and see how good things will go for you personally and professionally Smiley
Ruzka

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:25:44 AM

Making something a success takes many many knock backs to get to, the so called times that have ruined ones life are a valuable lesson for the next stages of ones life. Learn and move on don't hold onto negative thoughts and experiences.

You are right about it can become an obsession because it was for me but I realised it was becoming a problem so spent less time at the computer and more time living, enjoying life with family. Moderation is key to all things including bitcoin.

All in all it has helped me and my life, I believe in bitcoin and I've gained a easier life because of it so cheers for the future.

Miracal

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:02:45 PM

Making something a success takes many many knock backs to get to, the so called times that have ruined ones life are a valuable lesson for the next stages of ones life. Learn and move on don't hold onto negative thoughts and experiences.

You are right about it can become an obsession because it was for me but I realised it was becoming a problem so spent less time at the computer and more time living, enjoying life with family. Moderation is key to all things including bitcoin.

All in all it has helped me and my life, I believe in bitcoin and I've gained a easier life because of it so cheers for the future.

I think it would be smart to say that discipline is the key to life. I have divided my daily life about how much tiem I would give to my work, fam, hobbies and other investment and profit, extra business things. I have found enough success in bitcoins and have big plans ahead. Its wise to divide time and not obsess over btc.. yes? Smiley
Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:15:42 PM

I think it would be smart to say that discipline is the key to life. I have divided my daily life about how much tiem I would give to my work, fam, hobbies and other investment and profit, extra business things. I have found enough success in bitcoins and have big plans ahead. Its wise to divide time and not obsess over btc.. yes? Smiley

What does success mean in terms of bitcoin ? A company, that is using the blockchain? A specific amount of bitcoins ? For me bitcoin is a saving account, independent to all this fiat bullshit that is surrounding our daily life. And, well, that is a big help for my life !
Ruzka

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:26:14 PM

That would be smart to say discipline is the key, sounds like you are doing what you need to so it doesn't become an obsession and a drain on real life and the relationships you share. That is also very wise to divide your time and not obsess over btc/riches. Not doing so will be a bad move for your calmness and well being. As long as you don't risk more than you can afford to lose both money and time all will be good. Good luck with your plans!

greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:30:51 PM

Yes, I would completely agree to that. Discipline is the key to success and a good life. Obsession leads nowhere. I have always been obsessive about what is mine, even in relationships and it has not given me a nice end result. So I live life with no expectations from anybody, but try to provide my level best and to grow individually. So far, so good Smiley Smiley
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 12:46:14 PM

Its true. In every part of life you will need to be discipline in order to get what you want. Same as when you are getting some money you need discipline to save more money rather than using it for having fun or gambling waste it just for fun. Discipline in everything you did, you will see the result later
2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:01:37 PM

It didn't ruin anyone's life at all I think. Why would it?

It's a physical-cum-virtual currency like other fiats, but having a value of its own is what makes it completely different.

About me, it always helped me to live my life in a great manner just because I got introduced to it. Thanks to that friend who got me into this and now, I am making a living with Bitcoins and no problems at all till now.
yayayo
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 01:12:47 PM

My best advice for anyone seriously getting involved with Bitcoin is the key word "money management".

Yeah, money management: Buy Bitcoin and hodl. That's what I did and I will never regret it, because Bitcoin is a beautiful technology that I'm proud of supporting. (Of course I know that it might fail, so did not buy much.)

I get the impression that you are merely a trader that speculates on any asset that has enough volatility. You are measuring profits in fiat - so you don't care about Bitcoin at all. Most trader-type speculators will loose in the end, because they use unscientific methods (chart "analysis") and can't control their emotions - even realizing that on a rational level does not help much.

For a Bitcoin hodler, life is easy: You know you own the best currency and asset (two-in-one!) in the world, so you have zero inclination to buy other stupid things (fiat money, for example). You can just lean back, relax, and watch Bitcoin flourish.

ya.ya.yo!

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 04:48:17 PM

My best advice for anyone seriously getting involved with Bitcoin is the key word "money management".

Yeah, money management: Buy Bitcoin and hodl. That's what I did and I will never regret it, because Bitcoin is a beautiful technology that I'm proud of supporting. (Of course I know that it might fail, so did not buy much.)

I get the impression that you are merely a trader that speculates on any asset that has enough volatility. You are measuring profits in fiat - so you don't care about Bitcoin at all. Most trader-type speculators will loose in the end, because they use unscientific methods (chart "analysis") and can't control their emotions - even realizing that on a rational level does not help much.

For a Bitcoin hodler, life is easy: You know you own the best currency and asset (two-in-one!) in the world, so you have zero inclination to buy other stupid things (fiat money, for example). You can just lean back, relax, and watch Bitcoin flourish.

ya.ya.yo!

What do you mean? With a good analysis I think they can get a good profit although all of it is just some speculation but most of them are making profit through the graphic anlysis and chart. And bitcoin holder most of them are having good fiat to turn into bitcoin and wait them to raise, if later the price just stay the same or lower they will not suffer much, but with specualtion trader, they use this as their earning to get some profit, learn how to read graphic and doing some analysis will make them more richer than people having rich fiat. Both of them are on contrary
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 05:00:50 PM

I had purchased a few coins at $10 per coin in 2012. I held on to my coins even when the exchange rate peaked at $1,200 in 2013 December. But things changed in April 2014, when I lost my job. There were some unexpected emergencies, and I had to sell most of my coins (at $300 per coin). Without those coins, I might have committed suicide.  Huh
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:06:44 PM

Ruined or helped?   Helped +++++

Cryptocurrency has become an obsession to me! My first thoughts about Bitcoin were that it was nothing more than a Ponzi scheme. But when I took some time to read Satoshi Nakamoto Whitepaper I understood what it really was. Since then I've worked tirelessly to help cryptocurrencies grow steady and go mainstream. Today I'm proud to say that all of my income comes from digital currencies.
Bitcoin brought us a whole new Labor Industry and I'm proud to be a part of it!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: