Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:24:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Bitcoin Ruin Your Life, Or Help Your Life?  (Read 21399 times)
Pantheon

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2015, 10:45:28 PM

Bitcoin has become an obsession for many people. Whether its investing, selling, gambling, or making purchases with it, Bitcoin has certainly become this trend that is much larger than it was years ago. Personally, Bitcoin has been a rollercoaster for me. There are times where I am up 9k in profit, only to be scammed by a professional for 6k. In other words, sometimes I am on top of the world thinking Bitcoin is going to make me an insane amount of profit, only to be let down feeling like I am going to lose every single dime I have because I am putting way too much hope in Bitcoin. At this very moment, I am in the process of disbanding my business accounts, and filing a certificate of disclosure. This isn't to say I have lost hope in Bitcoin, I just simply think there are too many faults that still exist with it. Even with a professionally typed paid FinCEN policy reviewed by 3 companies, scammers have still found a way to literally go above and beyond to steal money. I was involved with trading and selling, and its just got to a point where the risks were not worth the reward. I hope many of you have had more success than I! I've tried out some small gambling techniques as well, and of course that was a major failure. BTCJAM was great until multiple users defaulted on their loans. Then I tried one of the most recommended cloud mining services only to find out it was a ponzi scam and lost out on more coin from them. My last resort was to add a bitcoin faucet to my website, but there are just far too many to compete with, and the advertisement costs to draw attention were just to much for it to be worth it. I could have had the opportunity to retrieve about $2,000 from some scammers, but for me to hire a lawyer, travel to another state for a court date, it becomes too expensive and not worth it in some cases where you are scammed.

My best advice for anyone seriously getting involved with Bitcoin is the key word "money management". You might get to a point where your operation with whatever it is could be rolling in some serious money. Don't get greedy! Thats what I did. Never put in more money that your comfortable losing. If you are happy to invest $1,000 knowing it could be gone, then set that limit until you are comfortable risking a little more. For me personally, I was rewarded very fast with Bitcoin in the beginning. Then I started to purchase more, do bigger volumes of trades, and then boom, you wake up one day and your profits and bitcoin is gone from a hacker/scammer. Every person is different, every one also takes different risks and assessments when it comes to Bitcoin. All in all, has bitcoin ruined your life, or has it made your life better?

Bitcoin helped me out.  Not only in financial terms, but it also helped me learn about digital currency and technology and the internet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MasterYii

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:18:32 AM

Bitcoin has become an obsession for many people. Whether its investing, selling, gambling, or making purchases with it, Bitcoin has certainly become this trend that is much larger than it was years ago. Personally, Bitcoin has been a rollercoaster for me. There are times where I am up 9k in profit, only to be scammed by a professional for 6k. In other words, sometimes I am on top of the world thinking Bitcoin is going to make me an insane amount of profit, only to be let down feeling like I am going to lose every single dime I have because I am putting way too much hope in Bitcoin. At this very moment, I am in the process of disbanding my business accounts, and filing a certificate of disclosure. This isn't to say I have lost hope in Bitcoin, I just simply think there are too many faults that still exist with it. Even with a professionally typed paid FinCEN policy reviewed by 3 companies, scammers have still found a way to literally go above and beyond to steal money. I was involved with trading and selling, and its just got to a point where the risks were not worth the reward. I hope many of you have had more success than I! I've tried out some small gambling techniques as well, and of course that was a major failure. BTCJAM was great until multiple users defaulted on their loans. Then I tried one of the most recommended cloud mining services only to find out it was a ponzi scam and lost out on more coin from them. My last resort was to add a bitcoin faucet to my website, but there are just far too many to compete with, and the advertisement costs to draw attention were just to much for it to be worth it. I could have had the opportunity to retrieve about $2,000 from some scammers, but for me to hire a lawyer, travel to another state for a court date, it becomes too expensive and not worth it in some cases where you are scammed.

My best advice for anyone seriously getting involved with Bitcoin is the key word "money management". You might get to a point where your operation with whatever it is could be rolling in some serious money. Don't get greedy! Thats what I did. Never put in more money that your comfortable losing. If you are happy to invest $1,000 knowing it could be gone, then set that limit until you are comfortable risking a little more. For me personally, I was rewarded very fast with Bitcoin in the beginning. Then I started to purchase more, do bigger volumes of trades, and then boom, you wake up one day and your profits and bitcoin is gone from a hacker/scammer. Every person is different, every one also takes different risks and assessments when it comes to Bitcoin. All in all, has bitcoin ruined your life, or has it made your life better?

Doesn't ruin my life, in fact it helped me a lot and I'm pretty sure that many people also find bitcoins very helpful.
Miss Fortune

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 01:54:12 AM

The coin's goal is to make life better and it has done its purpose for me.
It is good really it helps me a lot and also to the other people.
mordekaiser

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:24:47 AM

It actually make my life better, I always love to use it and keep it.
I would keep investing to the coins to be use in the future.
Nami

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 02:46:18 AM

Bitcoin has done a lot of good things to me it serves as a stepping stone for greatness.
One thing is that when you invest in it properly it would do you good but to some it wont.
Nasus

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 03:09:51 AM

It helped me a lot actually, I have a great time dealing with it and I think it is worth recommending to other people so that they will start investing in it as well.
Nautiluss

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 03:28:44 AM

It helped me a lot because it is easy to invest and easy to keep. I would recommend it to other people.
winguard

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:24:21 PM

I bought my laptop and cellphone through my bitcoin earnings.. so i say it helped me alot. Smiley
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:28:27 PM

Bitcoin has gave me hope for the future. Before Bitcoin I saw a black future without nothing new and interesting happening, just the same old shit all over again. After I learned about Bitcoin I see hope, something exciting to look forward too, amazing tech that will give the established institutions a big headache which something I love, and of course the big possibilities of retiring early thanks to the increased purchasing power over time (thank god for real limited supply)
Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 06:38:00 PM

I bought my laptop and cellphone through my bitcoin earnings.. so i say it helped me alot. Smiley

Wow dude, you're probably earning a lot of BTC now Roll Eyes May I know what are your sources of income in bitcoin and you've managed to buy a cellphone with it? Bitcoin also helped me buy my android phone I am using right now Cheesy I am looking forward to buy a lappy with BTC soon (hopefully)

winguard

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 08:45:51 PM

Wow dude, you're probably earning a lot of BTC now Roll Eyes May I know what are your sources of income in bitcoin and you've managed to buy a cellphone with it? Bitcoin also helped me buy my android phone I am using right now Cheesy I am looking forward to buy a lappy with BTC soon (hopefully)

When Stellar first came out i made a few dummy accounts and got my friends and officemates to have their facebook accounts verified by Stellar and got quite a hefty sum of coins. I made 4BTC that time and price was 400usd plus.
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 22, 2015, 09:45:17 PM

Helped, then ruined....

I started getting really interested with altcoins, but recently I've been into investing in ponzis...

Well, one btc gone to ponzis oredi
cutesakura

Activity: 158

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:53:53 AM

I have been fooled into investing using bitcoin, at that moment I very much have the bitcoin, I mengguanakan bitcoin to invest, and I have chosen a place to invest bitcoin wrong, his web turns out is a scam, I recalled the friends that are here in order more careful when we invest in a web
so by investing bitcoin can help me once bother me
nickaizoku

Activity: 308

❃ CyberNick ❃

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:22:44 AM

bitcoin help me alot, i never buy any bitcoin yet.. but iv'e earn it from gambling and some investment program..
i think it wont ruin life because it can be earn without pay real money.. but if greed happen i think it will ruin life. maybe?

StevenLiang

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:21:31 AM

Yes, same with him.  Smiley
Bitcoin help my life,

but actually we said about money save our life. (not about bitcoin or other currencies)
How you get bitcoin that makes you got helped with your own skills/ideas.

Did money ruin your life, or help your life?
StevenLiang

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:24:11 AM

bitcoin help me alot, i never buy any bitcoin yet.. but iv'e earn it from gambling and some investment program..
i think it wont ruin life because it can be earn without pay real money.. but if greed happen i think it will ruin life. maybe?

Greed?  Smiley
We must trashing "greed" when play on gambling.

It's not good to play gambling with "i can earn much profit by gambling" mindset.
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:38:41 AM

Im wondering too what method he is using. The only method I know for gaining a quite big amount of satoshis is by signature campaign and by seeing his rank he's only a Junior Member so I guessed he is earning a big amount from other method. Or maybe he's an alt. Smiley
Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:09:30 PM

When Stellar first came out i made a few dummy accounts and got my friends and officemates to have their facebook accounts verified by Stellar and got quite a hefty sum of coins. I made 4BTC that time and price was 400usd plus.

Dammit! You're so hardworking raping stellar Grin I also used to try that method last year but I haven't completed at least 1 BTC  Undecided I don't have that much facebook accounts and some of my friends were not cooperative Angry That's a trend here on PH before Grin

brain_dead

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:16:35 PM

i am a student and bitcoin is helping me currently as i don'twant to rely on my parent's money for small things and currently i am paying my tution fee with cash by selling my bitcoins.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:34:32 PM

Er..not sure yet...too soon to tell...hoarding my BTC and LTC (both mined) looking to move the last of my LTC (when/if not sure yet) if I do so by say Jan 1st 2016
with what I expect to mine will be at around 111 BTC min to my calcs

Again holding ...so if it goes tulips/beanie babies I'm screwed...if it hangs together even sideways I'm ahead 25.5% and if you count (take off elec costs from that ..so far I just have ate the electric costs and hoarded) ....from miners from 2013 till Jan 1st 2016 (13c kwh) I would be around 16% up over equip and that covered all elec costs...this is at a 3 buck LTC price or above and around 250 BTC price or above ..more or less.

So all depends if crypto survives (and maybe if LTC was to completely fail before I xfer to BTC I'd be looking at 85 BTC or so say)

Again BTC (and LTC in its yoshi like manner) survive .......as stated above I'm ahead......everyone decides BTC is 'evil' and goes eventually to bank sponsored crypto (Hey we are a bank trust us...they are coming imho) ..then I be screwed Smiley

What the hell..its been an interesting time since 2013 Smiley It is too soon to tell. If it all goes 'poof' ...Will be like the 'beanie baby collectors' (will be inconsolable) Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: