Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:08:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB][Canada]Antminer S7, Antminer S7 Coupon, Avalon6, EVGA PSU  (Read 3927 times)
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:38:35 PM

Thanks to users who made me offers, i'm still looking to pickup another deal or two within a week. Please contact me if you have some tasty offers. Wink

I'm in Ottawa and sold S3s in June to Montreal. It looks like the prices have held up since then.

Sound about right, they were 0.3BTC~ then. They seem about 0.25BTC~ now. So fairly good on retaining their value when you consider people are trying to sell small batches of S1's for 5$ a piece.

5$ for S1, where ? Tongue

It was a guy dumping all this S1s and S2, the S1 lot for 11 was 90$ or so, the S2's were 100$ each. Would be nice face to face but if you ship them, then not so much.

Yeah, shipping = deal killer Tongue

Yes, indeed. Otherwise i would of taken the S1 lot i think. I'm thinking of building a rack of S1 with no fans and use those to replace my electric heating for the winter in my room.

They would be completely silent and cover the heating cost of my room for winter. Smiley

I think they would required a fan. My modded S1 cards (at 0.9-1w/gh) was getting too hot without one
VirosaGITS (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 04:50:58 PM

Thanks to users who made me offers, i'm still looking to pickup another deal or two within a week. Please contact me if you have some tasty offers. Wink

I'm in Ottawa and sold S3s in June to Montreal. It looks like the prices have held up since then.

Sound about right, they were 0.3BTC~ then. They seem about 0.25BTC~ now. So fairly good on retaining their value when you consider people are trying to sell small batches of S1's for 5$ a piece.

5$ for S1, where ? Tongue

It was a guy dumping all this S1s and S2, the S1 lot for 11 was 90$ or so, the S2's were 100$ each. Would be nice face to face but if you ship them, then not so much.

Yeah, shipping = deal killer Tongue

Yes, indeed. Otherwise i would of taken the S1 lot i think. I'm thinking of building a rack of S1 with no fans and use those to replace my electric heating for the winter in my room.

They would be completely silent and cover the heating cost of my room for winter. Smiley

I think they would required a fan. My modded S1 cards (at 0.9-1w/gh) was getting too hot without one

At 40watt per heatsink, i think passive cooling from the heatsink will be enough. I ran one at 140GH 1.1w/gh without a fan for 1 hour at low ambient temp and it was running at around 60c. I would think clocking it at 90gh at 0.9w/gh would be fine, but we'll see. If i can keep the fan going at 800-1000rpm i might leave it on, too, since it would be quieter than my quiet PC.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:14:59 PM

Yes the S3 should be 0.25BTC or so which is like $75 because I bought a bunch locally about 9 months ago for $100 but in my area people are selling these things for $150 a piece saying that in Alberta we have low energy prices and they are huge money makers.
VirosaGITS (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:34:55 PM

Yes the S3 should be 0.25BTC or so which is like $75 because I bought a bunch locally about 9 months ago for $100 but in my area people are selling these things for $150 a piece saying that in Alberta we have low energy prices and they are huge money makers.

Sound about right for the S3 value, but the people in Alberta must be living in some kind of illusion. According to http://www.ucahelps.alberta.ca/index.aspx the prices range from 5+cents/kWh in summer to 11+cents/kWh in winter.

I'm not sure in what kind of world that's cheap but if those numbers are relatively accurate, then that's certainly not true.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 07:42:56 PM

Sound about right for the S3 value, but the people in Alberta must be living in some kind of illusion. According to http://www.ucahelps.alberta.ca/index.aspx the prices range from 5+cents/kWh in summer to 11+cents/kWh in winter.

I'm not sure in what kind of world that's cheap but if those numbers are relatively accurate, then that's certainly not true.

Seeling gear based on your power price is pretty dumb IMO.
VirosaGITS (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:12:56 PM

Well the value of a miner is based on its profitability, which is based on the overall electricity price vs difficulty. To me if i got a S5 for 5$, i "could" ROI it in a month. To most people that pay a regular /kWh rate, break even is probably not even possible in the first place.

I can understand the argument when haggling the miner's value, in this case it was simply a Fallacy. Good argument but untrue.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:33:51 PM

Well the value of a miner is based on its profitability, which is based on the overall electricity price vs difficulty. To me if i got a S5 for 5$, i "could" ROI it in a month. To most people that pay a regular /kWh rate, break even is probably not even possible in the first place.

I can understand the argument when haggling the miner's value, in this case it was simply a Fallacy. Good argument but untrue.

Yeah if you only look to your local sellers, the price can be influenced based on the local electricity price. I see S3 for 150$ on Kijiji ... Doubling the price because we have cheap electricity. would be is a rip off imo Tongue

I bought an S4 like 2 months ago. I told him, the price you have found are insane. Look, this is out you can calculate the ROI. He was like "WoW this is insane" Tongue
VirosaGITS (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:45:44 PM

Yeah if you only look to your local sellers, the price can be influenced based on the local electricity price. I see S3 for 150$ on Kijiji ... Doubling the price because we have cheap electricity. would be is a rip off imo Tongue

I bought an S4 like 2 months ago. I told him, the price you have found are insane. Look, this is out you can calculate the ROI. He was like "WoW this is insane" Tongue

I'm not sure what those S4 numbers are haha, what are they?

And for the S3. I'm going to assume CAD, not US. The ROI would be 5 months with FREE electricity. Completely unacceptable for such old hardware. Not people who say "0.07$~USD$/kWh is cheap so buy my stuff for twice its value!" is just nuts to me. No offense intended to anyone.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:50:53 PM

And for the S3. I'm going to assume CAD, not US. The ROI would be 5 months with FREE electricity. Completely unacceptable for such old hardware. Not people who say "0.07$~USD$/kWh is cheap so buy my stuff for twice its value!" is just nuts to me. No offense intended to anyone.

Yeah no offence to anyone, just saying 150$ canadian for an S3 is an insane price.

it's was like 1000$ for an S4 ... ROI = impossible
VirosaGITS (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:56:32 PM

Yeah no offence to anyone, just saying 150$ canadian for an S3 is an insane price.

it's was like 1000$ for an S4 ... ROI = impossible

And now we have a real life experience of why people sell(and why people actually sometime buy it); Most people have absolutely no idea how BTC work.

Hopefully someone with proper sense will come and offer me some nummy S5's Smiley I think now that 320USD$ is way too much now.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
HerbPean
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:00:15 PM

And now we have a real life experience of why people sell(and why people actually sometime buy it); Most people have absolutely no idea how BTC work.

Hopefully someone with proper sense will come and offer me some nummy S5's Smiley I think now that 320USD$ is way too much now.

Yeah I took like an hour to explain the basic of mining and BTC. He was quite happy to meet me.

And yeah I would agree ... it's too much
VirosaGITS (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:20:59 PM

I have added EVGA G2 to the list of thing i wish to buy, there is not much place in the title to fit it, i'm not sure if i should start a new thread. I guess i'll leave it for now. I'd also like some long 18 pins cables. The cables you use to connect PCBs to the daughter board.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
VirosaGITS (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 07:49:06 PM

If you really want an S5 badly enough your only choice right now is that other thread on here where he is selling 30 S5 for $320 USD each. He's in Ontario probably so shipping will be cheap for you.

I'm not in any hurry. I'm looking for deals and am open to offers. If Skycoin Lab's S5's are v1.91 i could be interested close to that price, but i'm not that interested in buying one for 330$~ total, and the price is not good enough to bother asking yet, but i will probably make an offer sometime soon, see if he can sweeten the pot.

Otherwise i might just pick up some deals for S3's. Where do you go about finding those local S3's you're talking about? Just the fact they would be located in Canada would cut the shipping cost in half and may prove of interest.

I have S5's for sale for $320 and S3's for $70 Buyer pays shipping. PM me if you interested

7 x S3 Units and 4 x S5 units left to sell

Now have budget to pick up another S5 or such. If you have something, let me know. Smiley

Also interested in S5 parts;
-A working PCB
-The black plate you bolt the controller on and into the frame to keep everything solid.

I'm also considering picking up portions of S5+ since its basically just a beefed up S5.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
PPOC

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:10:44 PM

I am just outside Albany NY, not sure if you travel the 87 much, but I have 8 x s3+, 1 S4 and several S5's. Given shipping costs, maybe pickup is the way to go.

Let me know

BTC: 1Bo6YsPeHCrVRygHLJg9BwHeaLSQpppcJi
"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
VirosaGITS (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:49:49 PM

I am just outside Albany NY, not sure if you travel the 87 much, but I have 8 x s3+, 1 S4 and several S5's. Given shipping costs, maybe pickup is the way to go.

Let me know

Hello, i don't have a car ^_^". I'm tapped out in funds at the moment, but i will be looking to buy more S5's in the future. I may have to remove S3 and maybe S4 from my buying list, i only have 800watts of power free on my power grid for mining, so after that its replacing older gear, and replacing older gear with slightly less older gear is probably not going to be enough.

If the price is right i would buy a working S5 from anywhere. If you have a concrete offer for 1 or 2-3 S5, i'd be interested to hear it, however it will take me a bit of time to replenish my funds.

The next thing i'm picking up will be a single S5 blade, as soon as i can find one at a good price. So i was going to let this thread rest for a bit until i have budget again.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
PPOC

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 10:59:52 PM

Let me know

Hello, i don't have a car ^_^". I'm tapped out in funds at the moment, but i will be looking to buy more S5's in the future. I may have to remove S3 and maybe S4 from my buying list, i only have 800watts of power free on my power grid for mining, so after that its replacing older gear, and replacing older gear with slightly less older gear is probably not going to be enough.

If the price is right i would buy a working S5 from anywhere. If you have a concrete offer for 1 or 2-3 S5, i'd be interested to hear it, however it will take me a bit of time to replenish my funds.

The next thing i'm picking up will be a single S5 blade, as soon as i can find one at a good price. So i was going to let this thread rest for a bit until i have budget again.

OK, thats fine. I have the hardware listed other places also so lets check back in a while when your ready and I'll see what I have left at that point.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone."
VirosaGITS (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:49:38 PM

Let me know

OK, thats fine. I have the hardware listed other places also so lets check back in a while when your ready and I'll see what I have left at that point.

I am now looking to pickup some deal. If you (or anyone else for that matter) have S3's already in Canada, shipping them here might be doable.

Also interested in S4, S4+, S5, S5+. The S5 at least, would probably not be an issue if shipped from the US. Not sure about the shipping cost for an S4, it might not be doable. From outside Canada.

I am close to Ottawa, if local drop off is a possibility.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
PPOC

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:52:55 PM

Let me know

I am now looking to pickup some deal. If you (or anyone else for that matter) have S3's already in Canada, shipping them here might be doable.

Also interested in S4, S4+, S5, S5+. The S5 at least, would probably not be an issue if shipped from the US. Not sure about the shipping cost for an S4, it might not be doable. From outside Canada.

I do have 6 S3+ for sale at the moment and possibly a few S5's. This would ship from zip code 12110 if you want to see if that would work. I am looking for $100 per S3+

VirosaGITS (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:29:14 PM

Let me know

I do have 6 S3+ for sale at the moment and possibly a few S5's. This would ship from zip code 12110 if you want to see if that would work. I am looking for $100 per S3+

Its typically come down to 40$ shipping per S3, with the price you are asking, that would be 140$ per, about twice the price i'd buy them for, so we can scratch that.
Then for a S5, i'd offer 270$+Shipping for one, but if you're asking 140$ shipped for a S3, it sound like you'd be asking 400$+ for a S5, which is also too much?

(Delete and Repost)

For the next 24 hours only i will be buying S3~ at 100$ Shipped per.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
PPOC

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 07:41:37 PM

Let me know

Its typically come down to 40$ shipping per S3, with the price you are asking, that would be 140$ per, about twice the price i'd buy them for, so we can scratch that.
Then for a S5, i'd offer 270$+Shipping for one, but if you're asking 140$ shipped for a S3, it sound like you'd be asking 400$+ for a S5, which is also too much?

(Delete and Repost)

For the next 24 hours only i will be buying S3~ at 100$ Shipped per.

As BTC keeps pushing up, even S3 and S4 become very profitable, thus I am going to ask 100 plus shipping for s3 and $400 plus shipping for S5 and $675 plus shipping for S4. That is still better then 90% of the listings on eBay and I guarantee my units perform to factory or better unlike some of the crap sold on eBay.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: