Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:59:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying Bitcoins in Canada. 100+ BTC. Trusted sellers only.  (Read 488 times)
dannyspk (OP)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 08:54:54 PM

Topic says it all. I can do Interac-e transfers, Visa Direct and Bank transfers. I'm trying to get through Kraken and get CAD deposited there. Until then, whoever wants to sell, please message me.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 09:07:43 PM

I can help you out, yes... but it seems that you were quite inactive here and you cannot sign a message to prove that you are the original owner of your account because you never posted a single address... 
Do you have any rep on any other site I can refer to?
dannyspk (OP)

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 09:12:35 PM

Hmm. Good question. I am on BitLendingClub, but never had any major activity. I've always dealt with major exchanges mostly. I have done 3 trades at LBC totally. So, please tell me if you have anything specific in mind and I'll be able to provide most likely.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 11:35:36 PM

I can help you out, yes... but it seems that you were quite inactive here and you cannot sign a message to prove that you are the original owner of your account because you never posted a single address... 
Do you need to be trusted in order to accept these kinds of payment methods? I am not familiar with any of them, however they sound reversible based on their names and trusting someone with 100 BTC worth of a reversible payment method is a lot, even with massive amounts of reputation.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:02:02 AM

Do you need to be trusted in order to accept these kinds of payment methods? I am not familiar with any of them, however they sound reversible based on their names and trusting someone with 100 BTC worth of a reversible payment method is a lot, even with massive amounts of reputation.

Monbux is no fool he'll be alright, hell will freeze over before he loses any btc to a scam Wink.

EDIT: Not saying this is, but someone wanting to buy 100btc out of the blue with no trade history is unusual.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 12:11:39 AM

Definitely for interac e-transfer since they can be reversed and can do serious damage to your accounts/relationship with your bank. As for bank transfer or cash deposit, those have less risk to it but can still be abused. Personally I would only accept cash deposit with pure cash including the cash deposit receipt as proof to make sure it was a cash and not a cheque/transfer deposit as those can also be reversed.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:16:23 AM

Definitely for interac e-transfer since they can be reversed and can do serious damage to your accounts/relationship with your bank. As for bank transfer or cash deposit, those have less risk to it but can still be abused. Personally I would only accept cash deposit with pure cash including the cash deposit receipt as proof to make sure it was a cash and not a cheque/transfer deposit as those can also be reversed.
From the looks of it, I don't see cash deposit listed. Is that what a "bank transfer" is called in Canada?

Even if you are accepting a cash deposit, if you are selling 100 BTC worth then I am sure that large of a cash deposit would trigger some eyebrows to be raised at your bank.
master-P

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 12:22:41 AM

From the looks of it, I don't see cash deposit listed. Is that what a "bank transfer" is called in Canada?

Even if you are accepting a cash deposit, if you are selling 100 BTC worth then I am sure that large of a cash deposit would trigger some eyebrows to be raised at your bank.

You're right, cash deposit isn't listed by OP. Bank transfer definitely does not mean cash deposit in my books, and to the majority of the LBC community in Canada. To me, cash deposit is when the buyer goes to the bank teller with cash in hand and deposits the cash (bills/coins) to the seller's specified account. Then he (or the teller) will write his own full name on the receipt + stating that the deposit was sent to the seller (username or name) and that it is not to be reversed. This is how most people sell bitcoins on LBC in Canada for cash because there is a high risk of having payments reversed even when it's a bank to bank transfer. When dealing with pure cash bills and coins, it is lot less likely and way more difficult for the buyer to try and defraud the seller.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:23:05 AM

Bank transfer is different to cash deposit either way it will raise eyebrows especially in a single transaction.

I've heard banks have deposit or transfer triggers for certain amounts for investigation, this can be personal or business accounts.

They're shit hot on this in the UK now, not sure about other countries.

EDIT: You need to have a cast iron excuse where the moneys come from and for what.
master-P

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2015, 12:28:20 AM

Bank transfer is different to cash deposit either way it will raise eyebrows especially in a single transaction.

I've heard banks have deposit or transfer triggers for certain amounts for investigation, this can be personal or business accounts.

EDIT: You need to have a cast iron excuse where the moneys come from and for what.

Based on my experience with banking in Canada, whenever a transaction larger than $8k appears they usually place a "hold" on it and call me asking me where it's coming from, bitcoin related or not.

hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 12:33:50 AM

Based on my experience with banking in Canada, whenever a transaction larger than $8k appears they usually place a "hold" on it and call me asking me where it's coming from, bitcoin related or not.

Yes I agree, I've had calls from my bank for £2k+ ($3100) transfers asking what its for on both personal and business accounts with different banks. This has been the same here for a few years.

They are obliged by law to look into it, I'm not sure what the exact trigger figure is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: