Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246106 times)
newcoins1978

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:34:41 AM

For me it has more chances to earn online on internet rather than in any other currency, and the other thing is that it is a payment system which is available all over the world not like sucking paypal

Bro Paypal is still in demand and its more popular then bitcoin till date, and can you tell me where you found bitcoin payment system in entire world as I don't see a single place in my country where I can pay with bitcoins.

I am agree with you, paypal is much popular then bitcoin but anyway bitcoin is growing, more and more markets and other stuff accepting bitcoin.
Bitcoin will be the future money and that will be very good. Because you can also see that Bitcoin is more used now.
And the value will also be more worth in the future. The halving is also coming and the world is becoming more digital so that is quite good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:45:26 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency and money. I think more people will now use more Bitcoin than cash. They use it because it is more worth and the value increases with additional use.
Bitcoin is now also becoming popular around this time. People will use it more and more and cash is now disappearing and bitcoin becoming more mainstream.

No no no. More people are still using cash. Cmon man go back to reality. How many bitcoin users are we here and outside this community. I guess you feeding to a different news and they are all lies.
Cash is the main used everyday. How many times you use cash everyday? How are you going to pay for your meat in a supermarket? There are still some things that bitcoin is not able to do.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:26:05 PM

Bitcoin is a really great investment that can make you a lot of money if you will hold it for a long enough time, it's price will surely start growing pretty soon

For me it has more chances to earn online on internet rather than in any other currency, and the other thing is that it is a payment system which is available all over the world not like sucking paypal

Bro Paypal is still in demand and its more popular then bitcoin till date, and can you tell me where you found bitcoin payment system in entire world as I don't see a single place in my country where I can pay with bitcoins.

I am agree with you, paypal is much popular then bitcoin but anyway bitcoin is growing, more and more markets and other stuff accepting bitcoin. In future bitcoin can compete on an equal footing with paypal.

Yes bitcoin can compete with Paypal in future but we want that majority of well known sites should start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment.
yeah it would surely impact the interest of people in bitcoin and the whole bitcoin technology because people would start using it more often

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
sallymeeh27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:07:34 PM

It is always better to have bitcoins rather than holding or having a cash on hand. It possess safety and security in some way than money can never had. Holding money is a risk type of negotiation. Bitcoin transactions are better and very fast other than banking system.

jkrules

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:10:06 PM

It is always better to have bitcoins rather than holding or having a cash on hand. It possess safety and security in some way than money can never had. Holding money is a risk type of negotiation. Bitcoin transactions are better and very fast other than banking system.

Math is more trustworthy than bankers, bitcoin is better than cash  Grin
Erzatium

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:22:31 PM

Well first of all its much easier with transactions online and in real life, and the second reason is that you cannot lose it.
Another nice thing is you cannot get robbed for it or something, bitcoin is very secure so that is a good advantage if you ask me.
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:41:35 PM

Bitcoin cant compete like you mentioned as a payment system.

It has to be more of a narrow concept like being an alternative for something else at this point. I mean if we really wanted a surge on international money transfers, transferwise could easily say "now accepting bitcoin" as a substitution to paying someone on the other side if the sender doesnt have enough fiat for that country.

Honestly I have no idea what direction bitcoin is at this point.

7Priest7

Activity: 392

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 07:49:38 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

Yes, people that bought bitcoins 2 years ago made more also it have huge potential of price rise in future too

And yes it have almost no fees and you can send money to family or pay for something in seconds so that is very awesome
bakingbad

Activity: 197

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:48:12 PM

cash is centralized and bitcoin is not thats the main idea why im nearly all in in bitcoins also i like the price fluctuations as it allows me to make some money

also you dont have to hold your bitcoins in the bank so thats a big benefit as you can spend your bitcoins at any time you want
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 04:56:39 AM

Being able to invest anytime at some project,being able to take advantages,  that the fiat wont let you because the regulamentacion around banks and fiat.Bitcoin allows us to get an income that we werent able to do with such low ammount of bitcoin.
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:59:45 AM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.

i think reasons to have bitcoin instead of money is because it's very easy to pay with it, also fees are very small so that's good too

also yes, price of bitcoin rises each day, so if you buy now after few months price will be larger, things like halving will increase price for sure
uname

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 07:08:13 AM

Bitcoin is safer than my cash which can easily be stolen as well as fraud cannot be comitted
As long as you have a wallet that is stored offline and is basically inaccessible, then I would agree your Bitcoin is safe. Anywhere else, and I would seriously doubt the safety of your Bitcoin.

Indeed. I wouldn't say bitcoin is so much more safer than money, it really depends on how well you care it.
The advantage with bitcoin is that the value keeps raising and you are indirectly gaining more money over time.
paper money could be damaged and disappear quickly different with digital  you can securely store and can not be broken certainly not easy to steal your money as cash

n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 11:21:47 AM

Bitcoin is safer than my cash which can easily be stolen as well as fraud cannot be comitted
As long as you have a wallet that is stored offline and is basically inaccessible, then I would agree your Bitcoin is safe. Anywhere else, and I would seriously doubt the safety of your Bitcoin.

Indeed. I wouldn't say bitcoin is so much more safer than money, it really depends on how well you care it.
The advantage with bitcoin is that the value keeps raising and you are indirectly gaining more money over time.
paper money could be damaged and disappear quickly different with digital  you can securely store and can not be broken certainly not easy to steal your money as cash

Bitcoin is highly secure. But till now most countries use paper money and there is not much loss due to the damage happened during continues circulation.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370

Forza Italia

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 01:32:45 PM

It can be much safer. And also much easier and people like that. The chance to be robbed with Bitcoin is almost nothing.
You can be robbed if you have cash, and not many people like that to have so many cash, they dont feel safe.
And it is also much easier to pay with Bitcoin and also much faster. It will be the future.
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 09:23:46 PM

It can be much safer. And also much easier and people like that. The chance to be robbed with Bitcoin is almost nothing.
You can be robbed if you have cash, and not many people like that to have so many cash, they dont feel safe.
And it is also much easier to pay with Bitcoin and also much faster. It will be the future.

I don't know a sitation when use bitcoin is easier than cash. You also can be robbed with you bitcoins if you are dumb Grin
And it's not easier to pay with bitcoin cause cash is insant payment from hand to hand.

Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:08:25 PM

It cannot be much safer, it is much safer, you cannot get robbed for it and its also the fact that you cannot lose it because its not physical.
Plus the fact is that you can pay direct there is no exchange between cash, its always the right amount of cash you are giving with the bitcoin.
a7mos

Activity: 574

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:11:44 PM

because cash value is always decreasing a year after a year . while bitcoin has a ups and down movements in prices. So why not taking the risk with the possibility of making profit by time
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:50:05 AM

because cash value is always decreasing a year after a year . while bitcoin has a ups and down movements in prices. So why not taking the risk with the possibility of making profit by time

The cash value depends on what country you are in,as it is depends on how strong the economy is while in bitcoin it has some advantage over cash like the fees when you want to transfer money from around the world.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:42:24 AM

For me It is same concept like why using debit card and not using cash.. It absolutely will get more safety if we didn't get a lot cash money when walking around the street.
And with btc you can do more transaction in a minute than transaction with cash...
trenchflaint

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:55:05 AM

For me It is same concept like why using debit card and not using cash.. It absolutely will get more safety if we didn't get a lot cash money when walking around the street.
And with btc you can do more transaction in a minute than transaction with cash...

Its really dangerous to walk on the street with a lot of money by your hands thats what makes bitcoin more easy to use compared to having a lot of money in your pocket where everyone can see.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: