Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:22:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246114 times)
maxj57634

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:45:52 PM

Bitcoin is safer than my cash which can easily be stolen as well as fraud cannot be comitted
That's not a great argument because Bitcoin can also be stolen, there is so much malware out there designed to steal your coins.

Its not that easy to steal your coins as we have safest digital wallets which are taking best care of our bitcoins and I don't think anyone can hack your wallet that easily.
The problem is that most people will not opt to use the safest wallet, they will go for the easiest to use wallet, probably an account on blockchain.info without 2factor auth enabled.
People fall for phishing sites all the time, they install random software etc. Maybe most Bitcoin users are a little more computer savy than most people, but certainly not everyone.

The 2 factor authentication is build so that your bitcoin wont be stolen from you by any other guy.
Most poeple are not aware of it that why they think that bitcoin can be stolen from you.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:02:36 PM

Bitcoin is safer than my cash which can easily be stolen as well as fraud cannot be comitted

yes, investing on bitcoin is the safest way. it is very much better than cash. some of the benefits is its safety towards the transactions,very low fees towards the bitcoin payment and many more.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:44:25 PM

Bitcoin is not cash. So you can be robbed or something and that is very safe for everyone. Because you cant steal it and that is good.
I hope that more people will use Bitcoin and that Bitcoin will also be more worth so that it will also be more popular.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:08:41 PM

Bitcoin is not cash. So you can be robbed or something and that is very safe for everyone. Because you cant steal it and that is good.
I hope that more people will use Bitcoin and that Bitcoin will also be more worth so that it will also be more popular.

bitcoin can also be stolen. if your computer is infected with a virus and you don't have a proper password to secure your wallet, then your coins may get stolen.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 03:47:28 AM

bitcoin can also be stolen. if your computer is infected with a virus and you don't have a proper password to secure your wallet, then your coins may get stolen.

It rarely happen, viruses sometimes this time are not that effective anymore, except if you keep on logging in on phishing sites or keep on living your computer idle without thinking about its security..
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 09:38:25 AM

I will prefer to hold both, as I need cash to spend for my basic expenses as I cannot spend bitcoin directly to buy anything, I will earn bitcoin and spend cash for my basic needs.
jkrules

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 09:49:59 AM

I will prefer to hold both, as I need cash to spend for my basic expenses as I cannot spend bitcoin directly to buy anything, I will earn bitcoin and spend cash for my basic needs.

Bitcoin is far superior than any other currently existing fiat currency, but only a small amount of people realize that. but it takes time i guess to see more people using bitcoin.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:06:17 AM

Bitcoin is far superior than any other currently existing fiat currency, but only a small amount of people realize that. but it takes time i guess to see more people using bitcoin.

Bitcoin is far superior, at the same time bitcoin price is also high than any other currency which is in use.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
JesusHadAegis

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 10:36:20 AM

Bitcoin is far superior, at the same time bitcoin price is also high than any other currency which is in use.

What's good in BTc is that its tax free from the government. So i would prefer my monies to be in btc. And for that, i dont want the government to recognize btc. well i don't know if im missing some facts on why some people want recognition of btc but this is my opinion. so...
chaosknight

Activity: 868

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 11:11:27 PM

The only reason to hold btc is that its value keeps on increasing over a period of time, but the value of cash remains the same, and cash can be worthless if inflation rate is higher.
ToasterOG

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:21:48 AM

Just like the way it fluctuates every hour so I can either make money or lose money. Also its pretty secure.
BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:59:06 AM

As long as you have a wallet that is stored offline and is basically inaccessible, then I would agree your Bitcoin is safe. Anywhere else, and I would seriously doubt the safety of your Bitcoin.

Indeed. I wouldn't say bitcoin is so much more safer than money, it really depends on how well you care it.
The advantage with bitcoin is that the value keeps raising and you are indirectly gaining more money over time.
sachung

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:52:05 AM

Bitcoin is easy to move and easy to use as a form of payment. Converting it to fiat(cash) is easy so keeping both BTC and Fiat is almost the same, also the fees are mostly decent, I like the concepts of decentralization bitcoin is supporting as well
honeyhtet

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:59:21 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency and money. I think more people will now use more Bitcoin than cash. They use it because it is more worth and the value increases with additional use.
Bitcoin is now also becoming popular around this time. People will use it more and more and cash is now disappearing and bitcoin becoming more mainstream.
nostal02

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:47:01 AM

As long as you have a wallet that is stored offline and is basically inaccessible, then I would agree your Bitcoin is safe. Anywhere else, and I would seriously doubt the safety of your Bitcoin.

Indeed. I wouldn't say bitcoin is so much more safer than money, it really depends on how well you care it.
The advantage with bitcoin is that the value keeps raising and you are indirectly gaining more money over time.

The fraud thing and the charge back is the best thing that bitcoin doesnt have,it is still better than cash at some point.
bestluck

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:20:23 AM

For me it has more chances to earn online on internet rather than in any other currency, and the other thing is that it is a payment system which is available all over the world not like sucking paypal
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 02:43:04 PM

The fraud thing and the charge back is the best thing that bitcoin doesnt have,it is still better than cash at some point.

Chargeback? That can't be a disadvantage of cash.
If anything, it is impossible to prove and subsequently charge back a cash transaction.

SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:38:50 PM

For me it has more chances to earn online on internet rather than in any other currency, and the other thing is that it is a payment system which is available all over the world not like sucking paypal

Bro Paypal is still in demand and its more popular then bitcoin till date, and can you tell me where you found bitcoin payment system in entire world as I don't see a single place in my country where I can pay with bitcoins.
Blackmet

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2016, 04:40:43 PM

Bro Paypal is still in demand and its more popular then bitcoin till date, and can you tell me where you found bitcoin payment system in entire world as I don't see a single place in my country where I can pay with bitcoins.

I am agree with you, paypal is much popular then bitcoin but anyway bitcoin is growing, more and more markets and other stuff accepting bitcoin.

Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 05:41:46 PM

I am agree with you, paypal is much popular then bitcoin but anyway bitcoin is growing, more and more markets and other stuff accepting bitcoin. In future bitcoin can compete on an equal footing with paypal.

Yes bitcoin can compete with Paypal in future but we want that majority of well known sites should start accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: