Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:45:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario GLBSE  (Read 28552 times)
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 06:35:22 PM

I'm calling it now: Nefario will pay for this out of his own pocket. Everything will go back to normal.
So many scams going around these days, he could really reap the benefits of being known for truth, honesty, integrity, and having a safe sexchange.
+1

Yes, I think we can all agree that having a safe sexchange is of considerable importance to the bitcoin economy. But back onto the topic at hand.

Really what happened is 7-8 months ago there was a scam on GLBSE that a number of people fell for. This was prior to the time that GLBSE started to vet assets. On a weekend when I was away someone launched an asset called GLBSE, a number of people bought it without checking if it was legit.

Total amount scammed was along the lines of about 30BTC.

The problem we currently have was caused by how I dealt with this. Failing to reserve the asset name GLBSE I felt had enabled it to happen. And I announced that those assets that were sold would be honored, at the time I thought I had the power to make this decision.

Turns out I didn't, GLBSE has bylaws and rules which it operates by (despite what some people think I can't do what I like) and to issue more shares (which is what this would amount to) required a vote of approval from existing shareholders. It also requires a vote of approval to allow someone who is not already a shareholder to become one.

Now several months later we're registering GLBSE as a legitimate company, with registered shareholders, because we want to bring on real companies to list. So this means we have to cross the T's and dot the i's. As a result I can't leave this issue as it currently stands.

What can I say, I messed up several months ago and now it's back to bite me in the ass.

Did I make a mistake while running the first bitcoin stock exchange in the early days, yes and I'm probably going to make other mistakes down the line, I'm human and what we're doing has never been done before, so that seems inevitable.

Did I scam people, intentionally mislead or swindle them? No.

GLBSE and I didn't sell any of those shares and we didn't profit from them, quite the contrary we're buying them back at the price they were originally sold, so thats a direct cost to us.

When I made those statements about honoring the asset, I did so in good faith, based on the assumption that I had the power to do so, that assumption turned out to be wrong.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 07:06:20 PM

Goat has thus far refused to communicate with me, so I'm going to go ahead and post my thoughts based on the available information.

I don't think Nefario is a scammer.

If Nefario were to honor those shares, he would be in breach of contract with the shareholders. He cannot issue new shares, nor can new shareholders be brought in without a vote from existing shareholders. Giving him a scammer tag for not doing something he legally can't do is not ethical or logical.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 07:14:40 PM

just want to say badbear has not triedto talk with me in 6 plus months...

post all dialog in the last 1 month

I tried to get you to PM me or post on page 1, twice. You haven't yet.

phungus

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

I'm doin' fine on cloud 9

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:17:14 PM

Yes, I think we can all agree that having a safe sexchange is of considerable importance to the bitcoin economy. hat I had the power to do so, that assumption turned out to be wrong.

I would like to hear more about this "safe sexchange" you speak of. I'm not saying I'm into that or anything, but anything of considerable importance to Bitcoin is important to me.

Will this be funded by GLBSE?

:-)

-p

I can do stuff
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 07:25:52 PM

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:27:54 PM

Fantastic lol

cablepair

Activity: 896

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 07:30:40 PM

FWIW:

I remember when this happened, and I remember Nefario telling people NOT to buy stocks in GLBSE because at the time it was in fact a SCAM.

Nefario does not deserve a scammer tag and anyone with any sense knows this.

if Nefario made a promise he cannot "legally" keep than we need to as a community release him of this obligation because I do not believe for one second that he had any malicious intent what so ever.

Send the scammer tag mob someplace else today because Mr. Nefario is as legit as they come and he has contributed much more to this community than most of us.
phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:32:04 PM

I'm here if you need me.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
cablepair

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 07:33:45 PM

FWIW:

I remember when this happened, and I remember Nefario telling people NOT to buy stocks in GLBSE because at the time it was in fact a SCAM.

Nefario does not deserve a scammer tag and anyone with any sense knows this.

if Nefario made a promise he cannot "legally" keep than we need to as a community release him of this obligation because I do not believe for one second that he had any malicious intent what so ever.

Send the scammer tag mob someplace else today because Mr. Nefario is as legit as they come and he has contributed much more to this community than most of us.

we hear enough goat's blatting around here as it is we dont need multiple copies of it on one page
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:33:58 PM

I'm calling it now: Nefario will pay for this out of his own pocket. Everything will go back to normal.
So many scams going around these days, he could really reap the benefits of being known for truth, honesty, integrity, and having a safe sexchange.
+1

Yes, I think we can all agree that having a safe sexchange is of considerable importance to the bitcoin economy. But back onto the topic at hand.
Intended to make the message subliminal, but ... busted

Disclaimer: I am an advocate of safe sex; hold no position on sex change atm.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:46:49 PM

LOL. Goat is drunk out of his scull.. that tax free gin can do this to a man... and goats.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 07:48:47 PM

LOL. Goat is drunk out of his scull.. that tax free gin can do this to a man... and goats.

I was genuinely worried he was having a stroke, was asking where he lived so as to get an ambulance there.

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:52:25 PM

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 07:55:40 PM

just want to say badbear has not triedto talk with me in 6 plus months...

post all dialog in the last 1 month

I tried to get you to PM me or post on page 1, twice. You haven't yet.

send me a pm you ass hat cunt licker

No thanks, any communications I initiate with you will be public for obvious reasons. If you wish to discuss something with me via pm the button is right there. You choosing not to communicate with me is acting in bad faith and not really helping your case.

Bjork

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:57:19 PM

R.I.P Goat,

Sept. 2012

aura.flux

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 07:58:10 PM

lol
Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 08:05:49 PM

+1

p.s. this thread's a fokken gong show tyvm

Apart from the +1 I have no idea what you've just said.

Ocean6

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 22, 2012, 08:06:18 PM

somebody is drunked up

Life is What you Make it!
cablepair

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 08:17:58 PM

We support you man, we all know your not a scammer. Don't even sweat it my brother.

Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2012, 08:25:24 PM

+1

p.s. this thread's a fokken gong show tyvm

Apart from the +1 I have no idea what you've just said.

A US cultural reference thanking you guys for all for the entertainment provided whether really good or astoundingly bad as was often the case on the TV show referred too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gong_Show

Gong show was before my time.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: