Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:53:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario GLBSE  (Read 28552 times)
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 02:13:08 PM

Just how much do you think GLBSE will be worth when people know you own part of it ?

Doesn't matter anymore. If Nefario just does nothing, everthing will be fine:

Yes, I just want to keep my GLBSE asset.

I am not asking a price. However I would like them to be converted to valid GLBSE stock but since I do not have a contract with Nefario I can not force the issue.

However I will not just consent to him paying me a token for this asset. I do not consent to him taking my "worthless" asset. If it really was worthless Nefario should just leave it be.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
c0ffer

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Gems:Crypto

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 03:24:57 PM

So "fake"/"fraudulent" GLBSE shares were listed but also still remain listed and traded?

And, the "real" shares in the GLBSE are not actually traded on the GLBSE?

CryptoCurrency for Gemstones ... Website | Main Thread  -  c0c0 Trading on YoBit
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 04:26:18 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 06:29:06 PM by Puppet

Goat, wouldnt your time be better spent on "Going after Trendon Shavers" ? Or was that just bleating?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 05:22:21 PM

So "fake"/"fraudulent" GLBSE shares were listed but also still remain listed and traded?

They are no longer listed or tradeable on the exchange.  They can be "traded" off the exchange by using the transfer function (transfer assets from one account to another account).
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:00:14 PM

They are no longer listed or tradeable on the exchange.  They can be "traded" off the exchange by using the transfer function (transfer assets from one account to another account).

This is correct.

Nefario however let the "fake" GLBSE trade for months after he said they would be converted to real GLBSE assets.

I now hold "fake" GLBSE stock and do not consent to them being sold to Nefario for .1 BTC      Nefario needs to just leave them alone as I value them more than he does.

What do you value them at? Theymos is selling shares of GLBSE for 0.3BTC.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding this, but Nefario said about 30BTC were sold at an IPO of 0.1. That puts a cap of about 300 shares sold. Goat bought shares at 0.05 to 0.06BTC, so even if he owned 300 of them that he paid 18BTC for them. Since then he's sold 3 for 31BTC. He holds an undisclosed number of existing shares, that he does not want to have bought back for 0.12BTC.
Does that about sum it up?
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:43:15 PM

http://theymos.com/bylaws.pdf

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:49:56 PM

Can you post the version that was not changed this April. We need to see why Nefario thought he could trade his shares for the "fake" GLBSE shares last winter.

We do not know what was changed in April.

Thank you.

Part 5 Section 8 accepted via motion at the Annual General Meeting held on April 13th, 2012.

To sum it up, since you didn't look very hard, is that it added means of meeting to accept IRC for voting and such.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:16:41 PM

What were the exact words he said when he made the listing "legitimate"?

kjj
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:35:15 PM

Question...  What would Nefario have gained by a deliberate lie?

I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
kjj
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 08:45:30 PM

What would he gain by a forced sale of my asset?

What I was getting at was that you are calling for a scammer tag, but it is hard to see what the "scam" would have profited him.  If there was a "mistake-er" tag on these forums for people that make mistakes, I think that might apply in this case, but from what I've seen, it seems pretty conclusive that the scammer tag does not.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 09:03:07 PM

This is correct.

Nefario however let the "fake" GLBSE trade for months after he said they would be converted to real GLBSE assets.

I now hold "fake" GLBSE stock and do not consent to them being sold to Nefario for .1 BTC      Nefario needs to just leave them alone as I value them more than he does.

I backed you up before on another issue but I can not on this one.  You are trying to TAKE ADVANTAGE of the situation that others are willing to make right.

You already made a profit on your 'fake' shares, no matter what you were told about if they were real or not.  Nefario is willing to buy back the rest at MORE THEN YOU PAID.   Your only cling onto any point at all is that you sold a small number of shares to someone else at a higher price.  You can not count that as a 'lock in' for the value of your remaining shares.  You are not being given a free put or call here. 

Nefario/glbse would be acting fairly if they just made everyone who invested in those fake shares whole at the IPO level and because you are already at a profit you do not need to be made whole anymore. 

El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:08:53 PM

This is correct.

I backed you up before on another issue but I can not on this one.  You are trying to TAKE ADVANTAGE of the situation that others are willing to make right.

You already made a profit on your 'fake' shares, no matter what you were told about if they were real or not.  Nefario is willing to buy back the rest at MORE THEN YOU PAID.   Your only cling onto any point at all is that you sold a small number of shares to someone else at a higher price.  You can not count that as a 'lock in' for the value of your remaining shares.  You are not being given a free put or call here. 

Nefario/glbse would be acting fairly if they just made everyone who invested in those fake shares whole at the IPO level and because you are already at a profit you do not need to be made whole anymore. 

I feel that because of the time I invested in GLBSE because I was told I was an owner and would even get more stock in the future is greater than the BTC that I made trading my property.

I did things because Nefaio told me I would get things... I never got these things and now he wants to take what I have left...

Why can he not just leave my asset that he does not value alone? Why does he need it so bad he has to steal it?

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 09:15:29 PM

I never said you would get more stock in the future, we did talk about you becoming a GLBSE investor but that came to nothing, you kept changing your mind and the accusing me of stuff.

See a doctor.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:28:56 PM

See a lawyer.

Oh shit. Are you going to peruse this loss of maybe a couple hundred dollars as aggressively as you did the tens of thousands lost to pirate? Watch out Nef, you might get a phone call in 30 years. 
Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 09:30:30 PM

I never said you would get more stock in the future, we did talk about you becoming a GLBSE investor but that came to nothing, you kept changing your mind and the accusing me of stuff.

See a doctor.

You said a deal would be made if I did not list on other exchanges. This was when you froze Kludges account and assets because you feared he would make a new stock exchange. But that is not the topic here.

You said you would force the sale of my property and that is theft. We all now this...

See a lawyer.

You said you'd think about it and never gave me an answer. Thats not a deal.

Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 09:40:05 PM

See a doctor.

You said a deal would be made if I did not list on other exchanges. This was when you froze Kludges account and assets because you feared he would make a new stock exchange. But that is not the topic here.

You said you would force the sale of my property and that is theft. We all now this...

See a lawyer.

You said you'd think about it and never gave me an answer. Thats not a deal.

Thank you for admitting you made this offer. Now why did you think you could make that offer if you were bound by the GLBSE contract? Did you not understand the contract or did you just trick me?

An offer does not constitute a contract, and would require shareholder approval before it could go through. Nothing violated.

Nefario

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 09:52:52 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 10:59:23 PM by Nefario

LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 10:15:48 PM

Nefario... you might want to condition that with "Fuck you, and all offers are off the table for all fake assets that you may have come into possession at any time." Otherwise this silly asswipe is going to continue to generate hundreds of repetitive posts about how he has been savaged by your application of common sense, the bylaws of the asset you own a part of, and basic good business practice.

Just kill the worthless GLBSE Fake. No buyouts, no compensation, no favors because assholes like Goatse will always want more and more and will never be satisfied, and quite frankly, the world is tired of listening to his histrionics. He needs to find some counterfeit Thai Midol and chill the fuck out, the world has no need to experience his period with him.
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 10:25:07 PM

He gained not having to pay back the people who bought "GLBSE" shares on his exchange as a result of his screw-up. He also gained transaction fees on the GLBSE asset. (Also, the trust of the community by virtue of "doing the right thing", which would make it rather appropriate if he lost that trust again after it turned out he couldn't actually fulfil his generous offer.)

Arguably you're asking the wrong question though. Perhaps what you should be asking is what others lost as a result of his actions - how much direct financial loss did Goat and the other holders of "GLBSE" suffer as a result of sinking Bitcoins into something that turned out to be worth far less than he claimed.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
dentldir

Activity: 333

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 10:40:14 PM

Thank you for admitting you made this offer. Now why did you think you could make that offer if you were bound by the GLBSE contract? Did you not understand the contract or did you just trick me?

From the outside, you would help your case by not over-simplifying and polarizing this issue any further.

Did you consider that the offer was made as an offer to convince the shareholders to help everyone out?  According the bylaws I just read, a shareholder vote is required to sell shares to non members.

You haven't even mentioned the original issuer of the shares as complicit in any wrong doing.  This is where the scam happened.  Everything after is speculation.

Its pretty clear that the offer you've been given was made in good faith to help you and others in your situation.

Assets get frozen and cancelled on stock exchanges all over the world.  It sucks.  Its part of the risk of trading.

1DentLdiRMv3dpmpmqWsQev8BUaty9vN3v
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: