Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:20:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario GLBSE  (Read 28552 times)
pyrkne

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2012, 11:32:29 PM

tl;dr You have issues with Goat. You made that point already, though - so much that Helen Keller could have gleaned it from this forum.

Hey, thanks for your insightful comments there youngster, but you missed the point because of your cavalier "tl;dr". It is not about an issue with Goat, it is an issue with criminals bringing their criminal acts and executing them on the bitcoin community. I was offering a clarification to MPOE who mis-stated where Goat is located, a point which has significant bearing on the topic of this discussion.

Interesting that you choose to suck up for Goat so quickly after your defense of usagi and his/her scams with value manipulation. You certainly want to establish a reputation as an apologist for criminal fuck-wits don't you? Or are you just a full time sock puppet scammer-lover who thinks all the bad guys are your boyfriend?

Chances are if Helen Keller were alive today she would have a conversion program that would read the post to her out load, or convert it to braille, so her "gleaning it" really doesn't do much as analogy.

tl;dr I'm a sock-puppet scammer apologist.  Tongue

And don't talk bad about Goat and usagi - they paid me convinced me of their legitimacy long ago!
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:07:28 AM

tl;dr You have issues with Goat. You made that point already, though - so much that Helen Keller could have gleaned it from this forum.

Hey, thanks for your insightful comments there youngster, but you missed the point because of your cavalier "tl;dr". It is not about an issue with Goat, it is an issue with criminals bringing their criminal acts and executing them on the bitcoin community. I was offering a clarification to MPOE who mis-stated where Goat is located, a point which has significant bearing on the topic of this discussion.

Interesting that you choose to suck up for Goat so quickly after your defense of usagi and his/her scams with value manipulation. You certainly want to establish a reputation as an apologist for criminal fuck-wits don't you? Or are you just a full time sock puppet scammer-lover who thinks all the bad guys are your boyfriend?

Chances are if Helen Keller were alive today she would have a conversion program that would read the post to her out load, or convert it to braille, so her "gleaning it" really doesn't do much as analogy.

And don't talk bad about Goat and usagi - they paid me convinced me of their legitimacy long ago!

If those two were able to convince you in the 34 days since you joined this august company that they are legitimate, and you consider that long ago... well, I hope you are able to get a good price on the GULLIBLE tattoo when they stencil it across your forehead. But? Three posts a day? You go little sock-puppet.
pyrkne

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:14:29 AM

If those two were able to convince you in the 34 days since you joined this august company that they are legitimate, and you consider that long ago... well, I hope you are able to get a good price on the GULLIBLE tattoo when they stencil it across your forehead. But? Three posts a day? You go little sock-puppet.

^________^;
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 12:20:37 AM

I'm not sure the Thai government's FBA applies to Cambodia, which is where goat's 'sharecropping' endeavor is targeted.  As a US citizen (no idea about his Thai immigrant status) that's really between him, the US, and Cambodia.

A) I assume you mean "out loud."  if so
B) Helen Keller was deaf as well.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 02:35:10 AM

You find nothing wrong with selling a service and then not fully doing it?

I am not sure if this was a reply to me, but I was just curious in how you interpret the GLBSE TOS because on a discussion on the interpretation of contracts listed on GLBSE you seemed to agreed with the statement that things not in the contract can still be done.  Things listed in the contract allow for one of the parties to 'reserve the right' to do something, but not necessarily only do things that are listed in the contract.  By this interpretation, GLBSE reserves the right to do any and all things in its TOS.  There are also implied agreements when using the GLBSE system.  No where in the TOS says that GLBSE will list a security after the fee is made, but they do it.  By having the authority to list a security, GLBSE also has the authority to remove a security from the exchange.

Anyway, I would also argue that whatever is said in a contract or TOS may not always be the right thing to do.  As you may remember with our contract dispute; I took responsibility for my badly written contract and paid out of my own pocket.

In my opinion the right thing to do is to allow the securities to be relisted, allow a buyback of all the securities at whatever value was agreed to, and then remove them after all accounts have been cleared.

This is a decent halfway measure.

pyrkne

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:14:50 AM

I am not sure if this was a reply to me, but I was just curious in how you interpret the GLBSE TOS because on a discussion on the interpretation of contracts listed on GLBSE you seemed to agreed with the statement that things not in the contract can still be done.  Things listed in the contract allow for one of the parties to 'reserve the right' to do something, but not necessarily only do things that are listed in the contract.  By this interpretation, GLBSE reserves the right to do any and all things in its TOS.  There are also implied agreements when using the GLBSE system.  No where in the TOS says that GLBSE will list a security after the fee is made, but they do it.  By having the authority to list a security, GLBSE also has the authority to remove a security from the exchange.

Anyway, I would also argue that whatever is said in a contract or TOS may not always be the right thing to do.  As you may remember with our contract dispute; I took responsibility for my badly written contract and paid out of my own pocket.

In my opinion the right thing to do is to allow the securities to be relisted, allow a buyback of all the securities at whatever value was agreed to, and then remove them after all accounts have been cleared.

There seem to be a lot of us that think it was either prematurely delisted, or shouldn't have been delisted at all. If this is true, relisting sounds best. We can just undo the damage in one move.
jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:20:39 AM

Jasinlee on the site and here. ******** is the username.

You only messaged us yesterday.

It had already passed their time frame stated on the site.

24 hours, and before that I emailed you directly on the site and here on the forum I also PMd you.

We have our support terms on GLBSE, which clearly states to get support you email support@glbse.com

Anyway if you've changed your mind about your IPO, as was clear when applying there is no refund of the application fee.

Here he tries to just deflect, and again tell me oh I am keeping your btc and sucks to be you.

I want the IPO, but based on the companies issues and controversy that is here on the forums, I do not want any part of the company any longer. The fees being changed without warning, the accusations, I don't know who is in the right, but I want no part of it. Its nothing personal, but I think an exception should be made, the services that the site states are available to customers were not provided for the fee I paid. I already liquidated my assets I had on the site, I just want to part ways amicably and not have a accusation fest on the forums like you have going on now with other people.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but the fee is not refundable.

Nefario.

Well now it is getting personal, Nefario you are a either a thief or a extremely terrible businessman.

I guess nefario/glbse has decided to keep my bitcoins and ignore my emails, I hope my bitcoins I sent in for the IPO help you pay for your legal proceedings when the SEC (or their counterparts in your country) hits you up. I want my bitcoins back, but since your response to that request was this crap I quoted. I know this probably means I won't get my bitcoins back. But I think the fact that I emailed your company twice in 6 days after all this other crap I told him and you just ignored it, or your staff did then I have changed my mind and now feel like a scammer tag would be appropriate for you. I doubt you will even respond, but if you do, do not bother saying, oh we did not get your emails or that it was overlooked. When you have a customer who just purchased a service from you, then they have lots of problems before they even get a chance to use your service, you should probably go out of your way to make your customers happy. Apparently you want to singlehandedly tank GLBSE. Congratulations on helping to sink your companies revenues by crapping on all the people who helped your company make money in the first place.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:25:19 AM

Protected? As in following his TOS with you? That's why there is no scammer tag, which has been explained to you. In public.
jasinlee

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:28:47 AM

Protected? As in following his TOS with you? That's why there is no scammer tag, which has been explained to you. In public.

Can you point out what I did wrong to be completely ignored by his service? I should setup a site where I offer to list securities, offer it with a fee for "verification" and once I have the bitcoins I will be happy to state you should have read my laggy, terrible site with 0 assistance or explanation for anything. And since you did not or could not then I will be keeping your bitcoins.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:43:08 AM

Can you point out what I did wrong to be completely ignored by his service? I should setup a site where I offer to list securities, offer it with a fee for "verification" and once I have the bitcoins I will be happy to state you should have read my laggy, terrible site with 0 assistance or explanation for anything. And since you did not or could not then I will be keeping your bitcoins.

With respect to your rhetorical question form of communicating- I can't tell you everything you did wrong, or anything that you did right. I'm not a part of your discussion with GLBSE. What I can tell you is that you are spending your efforts in the wrong place if you want to debate GLBSE policy on this forum. GLBSE has their own sites and communication methods, which I am sure you are aware of. Part of their agreement with all users, both asset creators, and trading customers, is that you will communicate with them through their methods, and that they categorically do not reply to communications in this forum or to PM's sent through it.

Without offering an opinion if that policy is right or wrong, I note that you are directing your comments towards them in the wrong venue. Here, they don't care, and have told you that. Same thing for Goat's little drama. He refuses to accept that this is not the place for the discussion, and failing to communicate with them, as he agreed to when he started using their service, he is shocked and awed when things don't go his way. You can choose to be as publicly ignorant as him, or you can take your issues up with the folks that can address them, in the place they have told you they will address them.

But, as you observed, trashing them here is probably not the best way to get a favorable consideration on asking them to make an exception for you. Few businesses I am aware of want to be insulted in public with their target audience listening and are then willing to bend over backwards to make exceptions for you. Maybe that's just my experience, but it does go to that whole honey versus vinegar argument.
jasinlee

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:48:27 AM

I actually did use their communication methods. Ticket system, and as quoted, I emailed their support email address. Those were the two locations I was told to contact and they would reply in "24 hours" which its been almost a week after my complaining. Public venue, yes just to get it out there that they are a terrible company to work with and to deter others from using a service that is simply bad. I consider my bitcoins stolen by glbse at this point, and just like this tread is titled Scam Accusations. That was my summary of my accusation.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 04:51:54 AM

But, as you observed, trashing them here is probably not the best way to get a favorable consideration on asking them to make an exception for you. Few businesses I am aware of want to be insulted in public with their target audience listening and are then willing to bend over backwards to make exceptions for you. Maybe that's just my experience, but it does go to that whole honey versus vinegar argument.
How low do you think he will have to bow to get his money back? Will any shoe licking be required?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 04:52:02 AM

yeah, LG does not like me. Not sure why but meh...   I mean really who cares.

I enjoy your posts Reeses even though you publicly call me a dick:)  you are smart enough to know why I'm a dick, LG just seems to not be sure why and frolics about...

Actually, Goat, I just use the common public understanding of why you are a dick.

You are a chaser. A desperate little failure of a loser who, failing to have any original useful ideas of his own, chases after whatever the hot trending topic or idea is and tries to figure out a way to monetize it for yourself. From solidcoin to pirate's pass throughs to PPCoin to i0coin to assets on GLBSE, you are always Johnny Come Lately, ten minutes after the buzz has peaked, begging other users to teach you how it all works, and then throwing half-assed attempts at mimicry around for the unsuspecting to get caught.

You seem to honestly believe that nobody can see through your lame copycat skillz, and that just because you don't understand something, everyone will forgive and forget, and sign up to teach you the next thing. You are a classic shiny object follower, and bring absolutely nothing of value to the community, the bitcoin experience, or any discussion you are a part of.

That's precisely why most people think you are a dick. Smart ones, and not so smart ones can pretty much see that you are a leech, sucking away on the lifeblood of anything you can attach yourself to, without the courage to stand up for anything.
LoupGaroux

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:01:27 AM

How low do you think he will have to bow to get his money back? Will any shoe licking be required?

Dunno- kowtowing is not my department.

Best I can tell from his (jasinlee's) comments he has shot himself in the metaphorical foot with GLBSE. My guess, and this is only a guess, is that Nefario and the rest of Team GLSBE is done with listening to insults from minor league biznessmen who believe telling somebody to go fuck themselves is a good opening gambit in negotiation. It has been pretty clear for a while now that GLBSE can and will change the rules, and will react to anti-social comments spread around. Who seriously thinks that having Goat's public immolation is the way to get your way when requesting anything from anybody. Shoot yourself in the head first, then insult the other guy and only then ask questions? Really? Jasinlee might have a chance, with some mea culpas and a little politeness, while I suspect that Goat's hooves will freeze to the rice paddies on account of Hell freezing over before he sees a dime.
jasinlee

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 05:08:27 AM

Dunno- kowtowing is not my department.

Best I can tell from his (jasinlee's) comments he has shot himself in the metaphorical foot with GLBSE. My guess, and this is only a guess, is that Nefario and the rest of Team GLSBE is done with listening to insults from minor league biznessmen who believe telling somebody to go fuck themselves is a good opening gambit in negotiation. It has been pretty clear for a while now that GLBSE can and will change the rules, and will react to anti-social comments spread around. Who seriously thinks that having Goat's public immolation is the way to get your way when requesting anything from anybody. Shoot yourself in the head first, then insult the other guy and only then ask questions? Really? Jasinlee might have a chance, with some mea culpas and a little politeness, while I suspect that Goat's hooves will freeze to the rice paddies on account of Hell freezing over before he sees a dime.

They have already ignored me long enough for me to get the hint. To my knowledge ( but I didnt look too hard ) the scam section only has this thread relating to nefario scamming. So I put my complaints where they belong, I don't care if I shot myself in the foot since I know my bitcoins are already stolen.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 05:53:45 AM

There seem to be a lot of us that think it was either prematurely delisted, or shouldn't have been delisted at all. If this is true, relisting sounds best. We can just undo the damage in one move.

I predict after friday things are gonna change and more level heads will prevail.

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2012, 05:58:25 AM

I actually did use their communication methods. Ticket system, and as quoted, I emailed their support email address. Those were the two locations I was told to contact and they would reply in "24 hours" which its been almost a week after my complaining. Public venue, yes just to get it out there that they are a terrible company to work with and to deter others from using a service that is simply bad. I consider my bitcoins stolen by glbse at this point, and just like this tread is titled Scam Accusations. That was my summary of my accusation.

Not many companies will give you a refund "because you change your mind". I know of a few but they are all major supermarket chains.

deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:16:20 AM

With respect to your rhetorical question form of communicating- I can't tell you everything you did wrong, or anything that you did right. I'm not a part of your discussion with GLBSE. What I can tell you is that you are spending your efforts in the wrong place if you want to debate GLBSE policy on this forum. GLBSE has their own sites and communication methods, which I am sure you are aware of. Part of their agreement with all users, both asset creators, and trading customers, is that you will communicate with them through their methods, and that they categorically do not reply to communications in this forum or to PM's sent through it.

Without offering an opinion if that policy is right or wrong, I note that you are directing your comments towards them in the wrong venue. Here, they don't care, and have told you that. Same thing for Goat's little drama. He refuses to accept that this is not the place for the discussion, and failing to communicate with them, as he agreed to when he started using their service, he is shocked and awed when things don't go his way. You can choose to be as publicly ignorant as him, or you can take your issues up with the folks that can address them, in the place they have told you they will address them.

Not true. GLBSE/Nefario actually opened the thread about delisting Goat himself.

They only decided to ignore the forum after the SHTF
pyrkne

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 08:18:27 AM

Not true. GLBSE/Nefario actually opened the thread about delisting Goat himself.

This is worth pointing out.

Also, since when does GLBSE have a forum? I'm new around here, but I've asked this at least once before - I was told "no." I'd love to read that forum right now.
brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 09:20:16 AM

This is worth pointing out.

Also, since when does GLBSE have a forum? I'm new around here, but I've asked this at least once before - I was told "no." I'd love to read that forum right now.

They used to have a forum. It's been gone since around the time GLBSE 2.0 launched, and GLBSE launched a support account here because the other forum was poorly supported and resulted in information spread out in two different places.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: