Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:28:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China biggest bitcoin portal www.hxtop.com was hacked!  (Read 62026 times)
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:36:08 PM

Could this have anything to do with the recent sell off?   Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 03:37:51 PM

I very much doubt that - the volume on btcchina has been well under 1000 btc per day for quite a while.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
hxtop (OP)

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:39:46 PM

I'm certain you could have public facing and searchable pages and use your encryption starting a log in.  Why would google need to index your protected pages as long as the public urls say where it is and what it does.

Yes - this is under development (just not a big priority yet).

That a good idea if got any progress please note me.
hxtop (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:43:38 PM

I very much doubt that - the volume on btcchina has been well under 1000 btc per day for quite a while.

By comparing last year's transaction data (btcchina.com)   1000 btc per day has been great progress.
That means the Chinese market gradually bigger .
dod't you think?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2012, 03:46:24 PM

By comparing last year's transaction data (btcchina.com)   1000 btc per day has been great progress.
dod't you think?

For sure the volume has greatly increased since last year - but nothing has dramatically changed very recently (was actually a little surprised that the "memorydealers" visit seemingly had no effect this time when last time it caused a huge jump in volume).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

hxtop (OP)

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:51:51 PM

By comparing last year's transaction data (btcchina.com)   1000 btc per day has been great progress.
dod't you think?

For sure the volume has greatly increased since last year - but nothing has dramatically changed very recently (was actually a little surprised that the "memorydealers" visit seemingly had no effect this time when last time it caused a huge jump in volume).

China is a traditional country, and the country's legal and institutional severe restrictions "free", BITCOIN's spirit of freedom, so the national government can not let you "free".
But we will try to make more and more Chinese people receive BITCOIN and use it.
There is so much trading volume, and I think that also need more foreigners to cooperate or help us to open this big market in China.
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:10:42 PM

The one weakness at this stage with the technology is that Google can't even search your site (all queries are through the main website URL). Smiley

That's not a weakness. It's a deal breaker. Wink

Actually, google isnt the biggest engine in china...

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:18:33 PM

The one weakness at this stage with the technology is that Google can't even search your site (all queries are through the main website URL). Smiley

If google can't index it neither can any other search engine.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 07:48:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear it but to take a positive view, this means that bitcoin has arrived in China. Wink
bitcoin has arrived in China long time just you never know it or less know it.

China <3 bitcoin long time http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btcnCNY#igDailyztgSzm1g20zm2g50zvzl but mostly last June was the hottest

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Ubrixorg

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 08:23:58 PM

Linux r0x.
Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:10:24 PM

Yeah, use parameters in the database and/or remove all double quotes from all input fields anywhere on the website.  Any site that gets hit by an SQL injection fired a programmer that graduated at least a decade ago because nobody these days is that stupid.
n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:21:04 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2012, 09:33:08 PM by n8rwJeTt8TrrLKPa55eU

Yeah, use parameters in the database and/or remove all double quotes from all input fields anywhere on the website.  Any site that gets hit by an SQL injection fired a programmer that graduated at least a decade ago because nobody these days is that stupid.

Right, the history of programming incompetence at Bitcoin websites is astounding, especially for businesses dealing with money.  Assuming typical Microsoft service stack of 2003/SQL/IIS/ASP.NET, .NET has had a built-in query framework called LINQ for quite a few years, which does proper parametrization automatically.  I'm sure we will next hear that the hacked machine had a 100% hot wallet on it.
hxtop (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:17:36 AM

that correct google.com can not be accessed because of a national firewall in China, Chinese users can only access with google.cn, however, limited functionality, a lot of good foreign websites are filtered!
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 01:44:26 AM

I actually wasn't able to go earlier this moth as I had planned.
I'm sure I will make another visit to China again soon.

flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:42:55 AM

If you are interested in having a website that is SQL injection proof and cannot have source code stolen then you might be interested in the technology that I've developed (all back end code is compiled C++, all queries are via an abstraction layer that ensures SQL injection is impossible and all URLs cannot be tampered with due to checksum protection).

how are you doing this?

select * from users where user='flower' and pwd='flower'
select * from users where user='flower' and pwd='flower' or ''=''

how does your layer detect the second fraudulent call?
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 06:46:06 AM

There are no SQL queries manually coded anywhere in my system - all SQL is generated by the application server so the above simply could not occur.

A big advantage to this approach (apart from security) is that fields can be renamed without having to manually change any code (after renaming a "regenerate" performs all require changes).

flower1024
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 06:51:51 AM

There are no SQL queries manually coded anywhere in my system - all SQL is generated by the application server so the above simply could not occur.

A big advantage to this approach (apart from security) is that fields can be renamed without having to manually change any code (after renaming a "regenerate" performs all require changes).

ok, but this requires a rewrite of all sql statements of the existing site.
so their is no need for your layer - just go with named parameters then and you are fine
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:00:40 AM

so their is no need for your layer - just go with named parameters then and you are fine

Well not a rewrite of SQL statements (as there are none in my system) but it would be an entirely new application so I do understand that it's probably more likely that some sort of minimal approach (as you suggest) to fixing things up would be taken.

flower1024
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 07:04:14 AM

Well not a rewrite of SQL statements (as there are none in my system) but it would be an entirely new application so I do understand that it's probably more likely that some sort of minimal approach (as you suggest) to fixing things up would be taken.

ah ok now understand you.
you offer a middleware/appserver which exposes some functions (like Authenticate(user, pwd)) and you do all the fancy sql stuff in there?

personally i dont like seperate server (esp. not if using asp.net), but anyhow its a working solution.
CIYAM
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2012, 07:14:26 AM

It's perhaps a little more like a complete platform (such as Ruby on Rails) and sure I understand not everyone wants to learn how to work with such a beast.

The really good thing about the system/platform is that you can build complete web applications without writing code at all. Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: